00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blurzapper just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Best Gamestop story ever.

6,095 Views | 81 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 18:53:18

I hate gamestop, really I do but I really wanted Left 4 Dead and I did not feel like going all the way to Best Buy on about 3/4 of a tank of gas. So I sucked it up and when to the abysmal shit hole of a pawn shop know as Gamestop.

First off the place was a madhouse at least a dozen parents grabbing PS3s and Rockband for Christmas, so whatever I grab my copy of L4D and wait in line.

Right off the bat I have one of the biggest facepalm moments of my life. There was this girl trying to get rid of some old PS2 games and was trying to explain to the cashier that it was Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas that had an Adult rating due to the hot coffe mod not Grand Theft Auto 3. But her atempts were futile.

Then I saw my neighbor Tomas, now Tomas is about 23 and still lives with his mom and works at walmart. He's a little slow not retarted or mentally handicapped just slow. We started talking and he was getting the new need for speedgame and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and was really excited.

So I check out and I figured that I'd wait for Tomas and just say goodbye. As I'm fiddling with a PS3 kieosk I hear Tomas talking to the clerk saying something along the lines of "My xbox has 4 gigs of RAM" obviously he was mistaken, but what happens next is fucking dispeakable. The clerk who is fully aware of his mental ability starts to make fun of Tomas, saying things like "You can't have RAM in a XBOX you dummie it's an big animal" and just keeps going with the insults.

The rest of the clerks actually join in and start to laugh at him too. Tomas gets visibility upset and just looks at the ground, it was all he could do not to cry. I snap, I physically and emotionally could not handle what was happening. And here's what I said, and yes I've committed to memory.

Me : "Hey douchebag got a problem here?!"

Dickbutt: " What no I was just kidding."

Me: "Does not fuckin look like your kidding there...brooski I want to see your manger right now!"

Dickbutt Manger: "Whats the problem here?"

Me: " Well sir seems your employees like making jokes at the expense of mentally slow people."

Dickbutt Manger : " Sir there must be a mistake"

Me : " Well my friend here is very upset and I'd like to file a formal complaint with your regional office"

At that point they all pretty much shit their pants as soon as I spoke the word "regional" he pleated we me not to do that, in return for my not fileing a complaint Tomas and I did not have to pay I accepted. After I got home I called the head office and then got the information I needed and sent a very detailed email and a very angry phonecall.

I keep you guys posted.

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 18:58:36

At 12/1/08 06:53 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote:\

At that point they all pretty much shit their pants as soon as I spoke the word "regional" he pleated we me not to do that, in return for my not fileing a complaint Tomas and I did not have to pay I accepted. After I got home I called the head office and then got the information I needed and sent a very detailed email and a very angry phonecall.

Hah, Priceless.

Gamestop is the closest game store around my house, and I've never had an occurrence where the cashiers were total pricks. They are actually pretty friendly and nice.

Play N' Trade is fuckloads better.

[vvvpoxpower says the truthvvv]--[ANGRY FAIC]

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 18:59:20

You did the right thing, What fucking fagots.

I hope they all fucking get fired.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 18:59:33

I don't get why stuff like this doesn't happen to me.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:09:09

At 12/1/08 07:02 PM, SevenSeize wrote: My Gamestop is just as full of jerks if it's any consolation.

On the topic of self-consolation, I have the nicest Gamestop. The biggest crown I've seen there was 5 people, employees included.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:15:31

you got a free game didn't you? why are you complaining?

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:18:03

I have the luxury of having close friends working at my local gamestop who don't act like complete dick. Also, its good that you reported them for that. Shit like that should never happen anywhere.

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:32:49

At 12/1/08 07:15 PM, Fleshlight wrote: you got a free game didn't you? why are you complaining?

Because they were completely and utterly gigantic assholes who don't deserve to hold their jobs.

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:39:12

I hate it when I come a across clerks who think they are the shit in videogames, you did the right thing.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:42:25

Way to be a hypocrite, dick. Sure, the gamestop guys were assholes, but after they apologize and give you free games, you go ahead and report them anyway? I could understand if you didn't accept the free game, but taking the stuff AND reporting is kinda jerkassish.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 19:43:23

epic fail..................Lets always make the problem worse xD

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 20:20:05

At 12/1/08 07:42 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Way to be a hypocrite, dick. Sure, the gamestop guys were assholes, but after they apologize and give you free games, you go ahead and report them anyway? I could understand if you didn't accept the free game, but taking the stuff AND reporting is kinda jerkassish.

Fuck them. Like I give a shit if a store tries to cover it's own ass my letting a total of 120 some odd dollars of merchandise go free. Yes I took the games and I told the regional office that they bribed me and I accepted only to get them into further shit.

I'm sick of this fucking company shitting all over it's consumer base. If I got to the be the guy in the village to throw a rock at the hornets nest to get it out of the tree then fine I will. Grow a backbone demand better

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 20:21:49

Man, that must suck.

Lucky for me, the Gamestop I frequent was once an EB, and most of the people who worked there when it was an EB still work there, so they know me, and we get along pretty well.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 20:35:27

Good job, good sir.

Visit my profile!

Huge WWE fan, PM me about it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 20:40:35

At 12/1/08 07:32 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote:
At 12/1/08 07:15 PM, Fleshlight wrote: you got a free game didn't you? why are you complaining?
Because they were completely and utterly gigantic assholes who don't deserve to hold their jobs.

don't blame gamestop employees then. blame general assholes that exist throughout the world

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 20:48:58

Nice story dude. I enjoyed it fact, or fiction, I enjoyed it.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 20:58:09

I believe you (sorta...) but the Gamestop I go to (which i about 2 minutes away from my school), the clerks aren't pricks. Sure, they aren't super friendly like others, but not total assholes, either. Either way, that's fucked up to insult a mentally disabled person. I fealt a sense of guilt when he almost cried

/

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 21:00:22

At 12/1/08 08:20 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote: I'm sick of this fucking company shitting all over it's consumer base. If I got to the be the guy in the village to throw a rock at the hornets nest to get it out of the tree then fine I will. Grow a backbone demand better

As to why I hate GameStop.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 21:29:19

At 12/1/08 07:42 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Way to be a hypocrite, dick. Sure, the gamestop guys were assholes, but after they apologize and give you free games, you go ahead and report them anyway? I could understand if you didn't accept the free game, but taking the stuff AND reporting is kinda jerkassish.

There's always one.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 21:37:49

Shit Tank, Internet Hero.

Seriously nice job here. I am impressed.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 21:45:05

Ive had that happen with my little brother a few times (due to his mental disability's) to the point where i had to drag a casher across the counter and into the gears of war cardboard display. I've been banned from there but it was worth it.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 22:04:26

At 12/1/08 08:20 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote:
Fuck them. Like I give a shit if a store tries to cover it's own ass my letting a total of 120 some odd dollars of merchandise go free. Yes I took the games and I told the regional office that they bribed me and I accepted only to get them into further shit.

I'm sick of this fucking company shitting all over it's consumer base. If I got to the be the guy in the village to throw a rock at the hornets nest to get it out of the tree then fine I will. Grow a backbone demand better

lol. Dignity pwns all, peeps.

I never had anything as serious as that, but I do have complications of hearing them strike long conversations with the customers about the games. When in a stor, I don't really give 2 shits about anybody, but I don't get pissed off if they like to talk. What pisses me off is that they do it with long lines, and there are about 2-4 people in front of me. I've made a few threats about seeing the manager after being ignored when telling them to please hurry up(and I'm talking about 15-20 minute talking here...), but I never thought about going that far. lol

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-01 22:22:15

Lol, dude here in Canada (or at least my side) we don't even have one. :(

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 00:42:26

My local Gamestop has fantastic employees. There always very helpful and nice. That story is just awful and I feel bad for Tomas but fortunately not all Gamestops hire ass holes.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 00:46:56

I posted this a while ago on my blog, but it will fit here too. I have a few GameStop stories too.

First one is an idiot employee story. A while ago, when I reserved Smash Bros. Brawl, I went to a local GameStop and ask the employee "I'll like to reserve Smash Bros Brawl please." Then he said "What system?" Being a little sarcastic, I said "PS3." He then typed some stuff into the computer, and said "I'm sorry, I don't think you can reserve the PS3 version yet." Then I told him I'll like to reserve the Wii one then.

Second, another fan boy story A little over a year ago, I got Call of Duty 4. Let me say this first. I have all of the current systems (Wii, PS3, and 360). I was on the fence on desiding on which version to get, the PS3 or the 360 version. I wanted to get CoD4 for the PS3, because more of my friends are getting it for the PS3s than the X-Box 360s. I brought up the PS3 Call of Duty 4 box up to the counter and said that I'll like to get this to the employee(I fairly know this guy, and I know he likes the 360.) Then he went and got the 360 version. I told him I want the PS3 version. He than said "I'm doing you a favor by giving you the 'better' version." I told him that the PS3 version got the same reviews as the 360. With out a fight, I bought the 360 version. I didn't mind which version I got, but I didn't want to choose like this. I don't mind not playing with my actual friend, because I have a long 360 friend list.

A few days before Christmas 07, I went to a GameStop to look around. A few minutes after I entered, I heard a conversation between a customer and an employee. I guess a woman was trying to get NFS Pro Street for her son for the holidays. The employee went off by saying that Pro Street was "the worst NFS ever" and should get a different NFS. The customer say that her son has the other two 360 NFS games, and he (the son) heard that Pro Street wasn't really good, so he rented and liked it. Then the employee then said that her son has the worst taste in games, and should give up gaming. Then the woman cursed the employee out and stormed out without buying the game.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 01:20:40

At 12/1/08 07:09 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 12/1/08 07:02 PM, SevenSeize wrote: My Gamestop is just as full of jerks if it's any consolation.
On the topic of self-consolation, I have the nicest Gamestop. The biggest crown I've seen there was 5 people, employees included.

Same with me.

When somebody asks a question like how Rock Band would work with just one or two people, they will gladly answer slowly in a way that even the most casual of all gamers could understand.

One kid came in describing problems with his 360, and they explained he had the Red Ring of Death and told him what he should do to get it sent in and back.

They taught me how to get online on the Wii (I was very much clueless), and a few days later I was playing online in a game for the first time.

If I ask if they have a copy of a certain game, they will look it up on the computer, and not just tell me "If it's not on the shelves, it's not here". One time they told me that they recently exchanged copies of that certain game to another Gamestop and that I should check there.

I don't know why these stories keep popping up of how Gamestop is run by assholes.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 16:29:05

At 12/1/08 06:53 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote: I hate gamestop, really I do but I really wanted Left 4 Dead and I did not feel like going all the way to Best Buy on about 3/4 of a tank of gas. So I sucked it up and when to the abysmal shit hole of a pawn shop know as Gamestop.

First off the place was a madhouse at least a dozen parents grabbing PS3s and Rockband for Christmas, so whatever I grab my copy of L4D and wait in line.

Right off the bat I have one of the biggest facepalm moments of my life. There was this girl trying to get rid of some old PS2 games and was trying to explain to the cashier that it was Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas that had an Adult rating due to the hot coffe mod not Grand Theft Auto 3. But her atempts were futile.

Then I saw my neighbor Tomas, now Tomas is about 23 and still lives with his mom and works at walmart. He's a little slow not retarted or mentally handicapped just slow. We started talking and he was getting the new need for speedgame and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and was really excited.

So I check out and I figured that I'd wait for Tomas and just say goodbye. As I'm fiddling with a PS3 kieosk I hear Tomas talking to the clerk saying something along the lines of "My xbox has 4 gigs of RAM" obviously he was mistaken, but what happens next is fucking dispeakable. The clerk who is fully aware of his mental ability starts to make fun of Tomas, saying things like "You can't have RAM in a XBOX you dummie it's an big animal" and just keeps going with the insults.

The rest of the clerks actually join in and start to laugh at him too. Tomas gets visibility upset and just looks at the ground, it was all he could do not to cry. I snap, I physically and emotionally could not handle what was happening. And here's what I said, and yes I've committed to memory.

Me : "Hey douchebag got a problem here?!"

Dickbutt: " What no I was just kidding."

Me: "Does not fuckin look like your kidding there...brooski I want to see your manger right now!"

Dickbutt Manger: "Whats the problem here?"

Me: " Well sir seems your employees like making jokes at the expense of mentally slow people."

Dickbutt Manger : " Sir there must be a mistake"

Me : " Well my friend here is very upset and I'd like to file a formal complaint with your regional office"

I keep you guys posted.

you were probably dealing with seasonals. they are the people gamestop hires to meet the christmas rush. these seasonals have no idea what they're doing , suck at videogaming and couldn't tell counterstrike from warcraft, and to top it off they are usually duechebag fags who couldnt get a job at aeropastle so they joined the nearest store instead. these cockfags almost made me spend $300 on and arcade 360 becuase they fucked up the barcode stickers so i grabbed the nearest retard sheet of prices to point out the fact that there are three different box prices and shove it in his face. needless to say i got the 360 and codWAW for half the price

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 17:11:44

At 12/1/08 06:53 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote:
Me: "Does not fuckin look like your kidding there...brooski I want to see your manger right now!":

Here it is.

The Best Gamestop story ever.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 17:30:22

+15 Good Karma

LEVEL UP

Choose a new perk from the list below.

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-02 17:41:29

you made a good choice dude

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."