00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mxntjam just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Best Gamestop story ever.

6,093 Views | 81 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 03:05:58

At 12/5/08 05:16 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote: Yay justice!

Mission accomplished then. Your friend will probably be very happy.

I've never seen any outright bad treatment by GS employees to me or anyone else in the store. The closest I came to something like that was a few sarcastic comments about some games I was trading in one time, but besides your story, I've heard other ones about asshole employees and mostly they're belittling the choice of games their customers bought. My one friend tried to buy Condemned 2 when it came out and the employees actually said something like 'Oh what's a pretty girl like you buying this for? Aren't you going to get scared playing it? You should try playing some Nintendogs." all the while they're laughing at her about it. She didn't complain to anyone but she still gave them a Latina verbal beatdown before she left.

I am curious to know why GS is such a magnet for these types of employees. Is Gamestop the place where all the idiots who don't go anywhere after high school work? Sure seems that way for a few places.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 03:13:53

I try to shop at my local 'Game Crazy' because they were in the same plaza that I worked at, and they are hella nice.

I shop where I feel welcome, simple as that.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 04:10:22

And THAT is why I am glad I live in the UK, in the area that I do. My local Game and Game Station, aren't complete faggots. Personally I think you should have given them a good old fashioned FALCON PAWNCH!

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 07:06:16

At 12/8/08 04:10 AM, Psycho-Simple wrote: And THAT is why I am glad I live in the UK, in the area that I do. My local Game and Game Station, aren't complete faggots. Personally I think you should have given them a good old fashioned FALCON PAWNCH!

Same. Sure the staff at my local Gamestation in Leeds (where I'm from) aren't very game smart but they are polite and do chat to you. Up here in Middlesbrough (where I'm at Uni) the staff are nice and very helpful, plus they're almost always talking about games, which is to be expected.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 08:06:58

I can only agree about gamestop employees beeing total dickheads. The other day there was a little line of people wanting to talk to the cashier (it was a rather small store) so I decided to game a little on the xbox they had standing in the shop until the people were gone. RIght when they were gone and i was about to ask him for advice (followed by actually buyin somehting) the fuck comes up to me turns off the xbox and say "you've played enough, I am sick of people that dont buy anything and just game here all day". It came out of nowhere so i decided it was best just to leave, but if i think abb it now i shoul've said something

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 09:44:29

I wish everyone was just as nice as you Shit Tank.

Roma est mater omnium nostrum

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 22:46:09

I don't know if anybody was paying attention but about ( I want to say ) three months ago there was a nine part series on youtube call zero originality. This entire little production was made over the course of six months by a disgruntled ex-gamestop employee, it was done entirely in the format of zero punctuation. These movies highlighted all of the pure evils of this company, he even goes as far as to explain in detail why there trade in policy is complete theft, how they use their customers as free labor, how they hire peopleeverything

These videos portrayed gamestop in such a bad light that the company had the pulled from youtube. Now right before they were pulled the creator ( who never mentions his real name ) made them available for downloading and thankfully there are some heros on youtube who keep uploading them.

If you still think that gamestop is not all the bad what these videos!

Link for great justice!

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 22:53:00

Jesus Christ am I that fucking bad at grammar? Wow, okay do yourself a favor and don't read what I wrote in bold there, just watch the videos.

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-08 22:55:51

Well I got a new GameStop story

So I was at some mall with my uncles family and all. We split up, and me and my uncle went to some store that looked like GameStop, but the name was some other shit but anyway, we go in and look around.

I tell some black guy workin there that I needed a PS3 AV cable and he acts sarcastic and says " Oh we don't sell those here, I don't even think those exist. "

I'm like. What the fuck are you talking about? Then he says that he's joking and he'd look for one.

He finds the one I'm looking for and tells me its 20 dollars. But it was only 10 dollars. Tried to rip me off. I told him to fuck off.

Then me and my uncle were talking about Dead Space for PS3, and then we look at Left 4 Dead and say we should get it, we plain see the 360 on it and I'm actually smart and I know its 360 and PC exclusive, and that dumb ass of an employee comes up to us and says " Left 4 Dead is not for the ps3, learn what's what. "

I proceeded to talk to his manager and she came out and yelled at him, she told me to pick out any gameboy advance game I'd like so I did, mainly because I wasn't gonna be going back there anyway because I still don't remember where that place was.

I took Yoshi Topsy Turvy for my little cousin since he likes Yoshi games, but that game fucking SUCKS!

But yeah.
TL;DR

I got a manager to own some faggot GS employee and got a GBA game.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-21 08:18:50

At 12/5/08 05:41 PM, Neurotoxic wrote: If I were you I would probably advise Thomas not to go to the same Gamestop to avoid any harmful/awkward situations.

dumbass im not the stupidest on ng you just got confused and mixed up my page with yours stupid little fuck

Have steam? Add me

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-21 08:46:00

Whoa wait what... just lemme get this straight.

Someone... from Newgrounds... was... h-h-helpful... to someone who couldn't stand up for themselves?!?!?

My... my brains! Cannot comprehend this madness!!

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-27 16:07:23

At 12/21/08 08:18 AM, solarflare67 wrote:
At 12/5/08 05:41 PM, Neurotoxic wrote: If I were you I would probably advise Thomas not to go to the same Gamestop to avoid any harmful/awkward situations.
dumbass im not the stupidest on ng you just got confused and mixed up my page with yours stupid little fuck

omg lol

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-27 20:12:27

now that is an AWESOME gamestop story. i'm a bit slow too so i know what it's like

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-28 10:40:19

At 12/5/08 05:16 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote: Also Tomas is getting a $500 gift card.

YAAAAAAAAAY

PRICES SO LOW, WE'RE THROWING THEM OUT THE WINDOW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2008-12-28 10:43:02

i actually have some very nice employees at my local game stop who know a lot about games.

PRICES SO LOW, WE'RE THROWING THEM OUT THE WINDOW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-20 20:08:08

Good job, man. You stood up for your friends. Not a lot of people can do that. And the swearing? Perfect for the situation. The words really gave an impact to the GameStop people like anvils being shot out of a cannon. Great job, man.

Say, what does the "hot coffee mod" do?

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-20 20:12:33

EBX and EB Games are way better, always go there for your games. Best Buy rarely has the latest releases.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-20 20:14:26

At 12/5/08 05:29 PM, scetch00 wrote: Also got 20 dollars, Resistance 2, and a kiss from the GameStop worker girl.

That's it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-20 23:28:08

When it comes to hating Gamestop. It's not the store you hate, it's the people who work there. I'm just glad the employees at my Gamestop are friendly and actually know what in the hell they're talking about.

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-21 00:05:34

At 12/1/08 06:53 PM, SHIT-TANK wrote: I hate gamestop, really I do but I really wanted Left 4 Dead and I did not feel like going all the way to Best Buy on about 3/4 of a tank of gas. So I sucked it up and when to the abysmal shit hole of a pawn shop know as Gamestop.

First off the place was a madhouse at least a dozen parents grabbing PS3s and Rockband for Christmas, so whatever I grab my copy of L4D and wait in line.

Right off the bat I have one of the biggest facepalm moments of my life. There was this girl trying to get rid of some old PS2 games and was trying to explain to the cashier that it was Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas that had an Adult rating due to the hot coffe mod not Grand Theft Auto 3. But her atempts were futile.

Then I saw my neighbor Tomas, now Tomas is about 23 and still lives with his mom and works at walmart. He's a little slow not retarted or mentally handicapped just slow. We started talking and he was getting the new need for speedgame and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and was really excited.

So I check out and I figured that I'd wait for Tomas and just say goodbye. As I'm fiddling with a PS3 kieosk I hear Tomas talking to the clerk saying something along the lines of "My xbox has 4 gigs of RAM" obviously he was mistaken, but what happens next is fucking dispeakable. The clerk who is fully aware of his mental ability starts to make fun of Tomas, saying things like "You can't have RAM in a XBOX you dummie it's an big animal" and just keeps going with the insults.

The rest of the clerks actually join in and start to laugh at him too. Tomas gets visibility upset and just looks at the ground, it was all he could do not to cry. I snap, I physically and emotionally could not handle what was happening. And here's what I said, and yes I've committed to memory.

Me : "Hey douchebag got a problem here?!"

Dickbutt: " What no I was just kidding."

Me: "Does not fuckin look like your kidding there...brooski I want to see your manger right now!"

Dickbutt Manger: "Whats the problem here?"

Me: " Well sir seems your employees like making jokes at the expense of mentally slow people."

Dickbutt Manger : " Sir there must be a mistake"

Me : " Well my friend here is very upset and I'd like to file a formal complaint with your regional office"

At that point they all pretty much shit their pants as soon as I spoke the word "regional" he pleated we me not to do that, in return for my not fileing a complaint Tomas and I did not have to pay I accepted. After I got home I called the head office and then got the information I needed and sent a very detailed email and a very angry phonecall.

I keep you guys posted.

That sounds like a pretty crappy GameStop you live near. I would've done the same thing in your shoes, those guys were assholes.

But don't let that be your generalization of all GameStop employees. Most of the ones I've come across have been really helpful and nice. They seem to know all of the info on games I'm thinking of getting, and sometimes we just talk about games, like L4D strategies, games coming out, etc. The jokes they crack are never offensive, and pretty funny, to :)

But if I were you, I'd never stop at that particular GameStop again.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-21 00:12:21

I might also might want to mention that I may very well be one of the few exceptions of people who HAVEN'T experienced a bad GameStop employee. I also like the Game Crazy employees, they're also coo :)

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Gamestop story ever. 2009-01-22 02:42:11

I feel that there is four reasons these people are assholes to customers:
1. Boredom. It's bad enough at most stores, but nothing happens at these stores. It's easy to just get bored, sitting and waiting for people to buy something. The fact many people come in just to play the demos of games but not buy anything must piss them off. The boredom drives them insane, and they take it out on the customer.

2. Their own preferred games ruin their goal to be a salesman. I wouldn't be surprised that if you bought games they like, or for the systems they like, they would treat you nice. I bet most of these problems come from people buying games for systems they hate, and not the versions for systems they like.

3. Stupid customers. Jesus christ, some of those annoying fanboys under 15, and almost all of their parents, who always know shit about the video games their kids want, often make you want to put a bullet in your own head, and you don't even work there. I remember a woman in her 40s asking random questions about video games and the consoles that 99.99% of the users here would know immediately, but she was asking them in the annoying dumb blonde method, making me wish I had chosen a different day to go buy a video game, and wishing I had died of the brain tumor in 2004. As a result, these customers are treated like morons, for the employees just are tired of hearing this shit all the time.

4. And the highly likely option that they are just assholes, period. Come on; every store, no matter what city it exists in, what field of business it sells in, and reguardless the time of year, will have at least 1 or 2 asshole employees. I say at least, for often there will be a lot of assholes working at any store. The problem always is those assholes are often the best at completing their work, so it's impossible to fire them without risking serious problems in the productivity of the business, and having to hire new people who you have no idea will be good employees, the lazy bastards who do jackshit, or the assholes who get everything done, but then insult the customer once they have the time to do so. I can't even count how many times that shit has happened in my parents businesses (Women's clothing, don't ask) with their employees. Those stupid whores..............

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature