00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Petition!

3,522 Views | 55 Replies

Petition! 2005-08-09 12:05:38

If you think that the Audio Portal needs to be changed, so that people get blam/protect points, and would get some more incentive to submit, view, and vote, then just Post your name and say "IN' and then depending upon how many people say "IN" then we should send an e-mail with a link to the thread to the Admin.

I'll start:

IN

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 12:17:17

This has been done before. Several times. Take my advice and stop trying, the fulps only see and will only see the audio portal as supplement for the flash portal. IN none the less.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 12:20:34

i agree with khuskan. but....

IN

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 12:29:12

IN

They're missing out on a potential goldmine, imagine if NG creamed off the best artists and sold their tracks...

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 12:33:56

At 8/9/05 12:29 PM, SpamWarrior wrote: IN

They're missing out on a potential goldmine, imagine if NG creamed off the best artists and sold their tracks...

It's not about riches for me, any one can use them as long as I get full credit for my work. It's the fact that no one cares any more. But music is a BIG part of Flash, so therefore it should be a BIG part of Newgrounds.

Only 3 people....Sad....But hopefully more people will get on later, and join. Even it doesn't work, I can at least say I tried. And you can do the same.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 12:53:57

This will get locked soon i bet, like the other pentition/liberation threads

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 13:00:05

I don't think blam/protect points should be in the AP. The competition is hard enough as it is, without a huge chance of getting your music blammed. Hardly anything will stay on the AP because all the 0-voters will blame evry new song that has a chance of giving competition. Think about the consequences, Dood.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 13:03:17

At 8/9/05 01:00 PM, FlameMesial wrote: I don't think blam/protect points should be in the AP. The competition is hard enough as it is, without a huge chance of getting your music blammed. Hardly anything will stay on the AP because all the 0-voters will blame evry new song that has a chance of giving competition. Think about the consequences, Dood.

Yea, good point. I never even thought about that. But still, there's gotta be some way, to get some incentive for people to view and REview. I just wish I got more downloads, and reviews, so I could get better, and see what people think of the stuff I come up with. That's all. All my songs only have 0-2 reviews. All of them are really good, but I wish I could get some more feedback. People are hardly voting on my submissions. I mean I go around and vote. I never vote zero because I know how much work you guys put into your submissions. I only vote 3-5. I just wish that people could do the same for me. Anyway...yea..

P

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 14:08:49

IDEA.

You have to have over 10 audio submissions to be able to vote and get blam/protect points. :D

/IDEA

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 14:14:00

At 8/9/05 02:08 PM, Khuskan wrote: IDEA.

You have to have over 10 audio submissions to be able to vote and get blam/protect points. :D

/IDEA

but what if you submit crap just so you can vote 0 again...

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 15:08:13

because everyone else will blam it?

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 16:19:40

If the audio portal gets any bigger, it will just become another garageband/purevolume. Real bands will come in and replace all of us, and it would take away from the point of this site (the flash). I'm glad Tom and co. aren't working to make the audio portal bigger, 'cause it would split the site into two parts. The audio portal is just here so that people can have royalty free music to use in their flash movies. Nothing more. If you want to get popular from your music I would try a different site (like garageband or purvolume).
In my opinion. >_>

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 16:36:17

I doubt that, because part of the submission contract is that all music is loyalty free, and bands probably wont like that. Anyway, theres only one, maybe two good *real* bands on ng imho.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 16:41:16

... and there should be a time when it needs to "pass judgment"
... and audio reviews should count toward total reviews written
... and there should be an "audio front page" featuring the daily top 10 (or so)

, but im still IN

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 16:53:26

this thread is practically useless and is just like the other one...it's going to be completely ignored because NG staff (the Fulps) really don't give a shit about the Audio Portal.

copy/paste from other thread:

the Audio Portal will be like the Flash Portal sometime near the year 2072...until then, Newgrounds could care less about the Audio Portal. as far as they're concerned, we're not as important as the "real" Newgrounds (which is the Flash Portal)...so we just get all the shit leftovers while the Flash Portal gets the buffet feast.

search for my desecrated 'Revolution' thread and you'll see what i mean...i don't think a single NG staff member responded. we are seriously the back room of the shop here...they don't care about us.

why? because the sole purpose of the Audio Portal is to provide music for the Flash artists...in a sense, we're just servants to the Flash Portal. the Audio Portal has no significance of its own, it's just supplimentary to the "real" Newgrounds.

until the Fulps wake up and realize all the talent that's going to waste here, and then change the purpose of the Audio Portal, nothing will ever become of this...it'll just be a great idea that goes to waste. in a sense, they're just feeding the commercialization that they're trying to destroy; they're pushing down the creativity and individuality that they endorse...quite contradictory in my opinion.

i'm just talking trash about the Fulps so i can invoke some kind of response out of them and NG...nothing personal.

in short, the Audio Portal was created with the intention of being shitty, so until the Fulps wake up and realize the talent-goldmine (stealing that other dude's line) they're missing out on and then change the whole premise of the Audio Portal, the Audio Portal will always be shitty. just deal with it.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 17:16:24

At 8/9/05 04:19 PM, SWiTCH_ wrote: If the audio portal gets any bigger, it will just become another garageband/purevolume. Real bands will come in and replace all of us, and it would take away from the point of this site (the flash). I'm glad Tom and co. aren't working to make the audio portal bigger, 'cause it would split the site into two parts. The audio portal is just here so that people can have royalty free music to use in their flash movies. Nothing more. If you want to get popular from your music I would try a different site (like garageband or purvolume).
In my opinion. >_>

Arent you the guy who makes good punk on his own?

Would you really fear the competition, seriously? Would you not buzz off having even better artists to compete with?

Could you not find an internet punk band, or help find band people in your area?

Anyone who fears being "replaced by proper bands" is just a pussy, adapt or die, which one would it be for you?

And as for splittin it into two sites... whats the problem with that? It'd still be newgrounds, and newgrounds will always have the edge over other flash sites...

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 18:31:48

What? I'm not afraid that bands are going to replace me. The audio portal takes a back-seat to the flash portal as far as I'm concerned. Newgrounds is a flash site. I post my songs here only because I post flash here as well.
All I'm saying is that there are plenty of places for serious musicians to post there music and get recognized, and newgrounds isn't (and shouldn't be) one of them.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 21:30:58

At 8/9/05 09:28 PM, GoreBastard wrote: The AP will only improve when people improve.

so.... never?

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 21:40:50

Get it through your heads, this site is free. so why should we get all these crazy benefits. Believe or not, audio isnt important in flash. They dont need us but we need them so why shouldnt we be treated like we are.. coming from me,you should take that seriously because i am a very enthusiast pianist/composer and i know that a good thing shouldnt come cheap.

Stop crying and live with it, go clean sme garbages and get a few bucks and buy a lifetime membership to garageband.

Nicolas..

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 21:57:41

didn't some Pie person make a petetion and wasted hours in emailing almost every audio portal artist that showed there email??

then the idiot forgot to put his name so the petetion got closed...

what a loser hope this petetion goes on a different track but some how I think it won't

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 22:15:43

At 8/9/05 12:05 PM, EckHart wrote: If you think that the Audio Portal needs to be changed, so that people get blam/protect points, and would get some more incentive to submit, view, and vote, then just Post your name and say "IN' and then depending upon how many people say "IN" then we should send an e-mail with a link to the thread to the Admin.

despite the fact that this may not work, and that i think there are better ways to make the audio portal better....

Name - HDG

IN

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 22:24:13

At 8/9/05 04:19 PM, SWiTCH_ wrote: If the audio portal gets any bigger, it will just become another garageband/purevolume. Real bands will come in and replace all of us, and it would take away from the point of this site (the flash). I'm glad Tom and co. aren't working to make the audio portal bigger, 'cause it would split the site into two parts. The audio portal is just here so that people can have royalty free music to use in their flash movies. Nothing more. If you want to get popular from your music I would try a different site (like garageband or purvolume).
In my opinion. >_>

i see what your saying, and honestly, i never thought of that. that would be bad for the NG Audio portal to just become one of those sites. but my interest in changing the audio portal isn't quite toward making bands get popular or anything. for instance, i (and hopefully any other musician) can't deny that it's irritating and it sucks having Zero voters come across my music and give it a low rating to boost theirs or whatever it is. i want my music heard of course and i know NG alone won't make that happen, but one thing i really love about the audio portal is getting feedback without feeling too judged. i guess that's like a catch 22 or whatever, but i think if you're a regular audio portal person, you'd understand what i mean.

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 23:22:38

That's all I really want, is for more people to view my stuff, and review it so I can get better at it. That's all...

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 23:28:00

If you want to get noticed, 1 out of every 5 artists will accept your music, over the course of a month, you'll have about six deals. It all depends on how well you can pitch yourself, opportunities are everywhere.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 23:30:51

Will this cycle NEVER end?!?!

Response to Petition! 2005-08-09 23:50:38

this is pointless, the fulps dont care. so stop it theres no point. were just getting ppl even more mad for no point

Nicolas...

Response to Petition! 2005-08-10 00:31:54

IN!!!!!

Response to Petition! 2005-08-10 00:37:08

To be honest, I think it's silly to expect a full on revolution. Anyone who has been coming to this site for a decent amount of time knows that the Audio Portal isn't going to have some major changes anytime soon. BUT, there are quite a few small things that would be easy to implement, and in my opinion would make the AP a whole heap better (the major one on my mind being reviews listed in profiles).

At 8/9/05 11:50 PM, NDP wrote: this is pointless, the fulps dont care. so stop it theres no point. were just getting ppl even more mad for no point

Nicolas...

Dude, I can see what you are saying, but that isn't the right way to go about it. The Fulp's do care about the audio portal, and so do alot of other influencial users (like liljim, Denvish and Shok, to name a few). Newgrounds isn't some faceless organisation, it has, and always will be, a site where the common member is considered and gets to have a say.

At the same time, the AP is not high in the priority lists. Thats means you have to push a little harder. There wouldn't be an Audio forum if NG didn't care, it was created to promote discussion, including ones like these. There have been quite a few significant changes recently - The Audio Forum, AP visual facelift, and changes to help things run more smoothly on the programming side.

Sure, these things can often take time, but there will never be ANY changes if people stop voicing their opinion, and just say "why bother, the Fulp's don't care".

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to Petition! 2005-08-10 00:38:50

Imjust saying a petition wont do shit, why not offer help to the fulps in programming, offer themyour time so YOU can make the portal better, maybe they just dont have the time.

Nicolas...

Response to Petition! 2005-08-10 01:19:48

At 8/10/05 12:37 AM, -idle- wrote: Dude, I can see what you are saying, but that isn't the right way to go about it. The Fulp's do care about the audio portal...

heh heh...riight.

why can't people just accept the fact the Audio Portal is simply the backwater section of Newgrounds? the truth is: the Fulps don't care and until they change their minds, nothing will happen. it's that simple. until they decide the Audio Portal is higher up the priorities list than #3423840093, nothing will get done.

i'm the cynic here...just doing my job.