00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rumbeeart just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Call Of Duty World At War Clan

87,317 Views | 1,199 Replies

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-16 21:26:50

Sorry I havent had a chance to get on, Heaven.

So busy, playing for two hockey teams.

[Newgrounds] Counter-Strike: Souce Server | 217.163.25.105:27015 | Come play us.

HIGH FIVE

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 02:07:34

At 12/16/08 03:22 PM, WildcatTennis wrote: lol. while i relize you're mad, i have to say you are quite wrong. my gb rank is 13k (which does prove a lot on gb) and i did have a lot of sucsess on my clans after newg. once again, sorry, but i will leave if you want me to. being this high on gb rank, it's not that hard for me to find a clan. hope u dont want me to leave, but i will. only if you want. love you too ripper.

Ripper have prooven in the past that he is better than you at Call of Duty...
I'm not willing to get into a fight again... but maybe you should consider the fact that if your playing Ground War GBs... than maybe that's why your winning... cause we usually play 3 on 3... so if a user is useless... than we are fucked...

Other than this Ripper... your really starting to get annoying. You think you have the best team ever with Unknown... on any fucking game mode you get to play together...
Sorry to have to proove you wrong... but you guys aren't always kicking asses...
but meh, I guess you just have to show off all the time... good sir...
even when there is absolutely nothing to brag about.

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 08:14:47

At 12/17/08 02:07 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 12/16/08 03:22 PM, WildcatTennis wrote: lol. while i relize you're mad, i have to say you are quite wrong. my gb rank is 13k (which does prove a lot on gb) and i did have a lot of sucsess on my clans after newg. once again, sorry, but i will leave if you want me to. being this high on gb rank, it's not that hard for me to find a clan. hope u dont want me to leave, but i will. only if you want. love you too ripper.

Other than this Ripper... your really starting to get annoying. You think you have the best team ever with Unknown... on any fucking game mode you get to play together...
Sorry to have to proove you wrong... but you guys aren't always kicking asses...
but meh, I guess you just have to show off all the time... good sir...
even when there is absolutely nothing to brag about.

First off, I dont give a fuck what your GB rank is. In GB you recive points and rank position if you are just IN a clan you donet even have to play. Everyone that dident get to play in the NewG clan but was a part of it still got points. Also you get points toward the rank if you play other games on GB. So feed your washed up line up bullshit to someone else. Need me to stop your ass again then i will do so promptly Wildcat.

Heaven, What the Fuck are you going on about, I was fuckin around with you and I said me you and Unknown when i was discussing Zombies Calm the Fuck down. I am a team player no matter is i get pissed or not I will die if it means we can win. If i was just typing I RULE YOU ALL SUCK 1337!!! All the time then i would be a douche but concidering the only person i was really fuckin with is you i kinda hoped you knew i was playin around, so if not i hope this has cleared things up. I dont do steller all the time i am not the #1 COD player in the world,l never said or would ever say i was. You need a good team to win consistently i enjoy playing with you fellows here because you can always give the effort.

Playing Farcry 2 this week, rented it and have to beat it. If your on send me a message and i will hope on either COD

Peace

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 08:26:48

At 12/16/08 03:25 PM, WildcatTennis wrote:
Why hello there TRAITOR. Who said anything about you being allowed back in? And if I remember correctly, you were never really much use in the first place. Now, if you don't mind, fuck off.
well, i dont know who said anything about it, but check the cod5 gb roster.

Humm, Your on 10 diffrent GB teams at the moment only 4 are active and you only have one win of COD4 and COD5. If your rock so much seams like another clan in the top teir would want you Wannanbe. Rock Band he has 24 wins that is where his points are coming from so dont let him Bullshit you guys.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 11:36:15

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 13:14:51

At 12/16/08 08:06 PM, WildcatTennis wrote: lol aight then im out. gl to unknown and only unknown. unknown, message me bout diff clans later. anyone else who actually gives a damn bout gb, message me. ill hook you up. since bobbaq thinks he owns it, ill respect it. c ya never.

I don't own nothing here. The reason you joined some other clan was because they only ever played Ground War matches. We've always played as a regular or small team when we have serious or friendly games.

What this tells me is that you're always dependant on another 6 to 8 people to help you get a win because you're either a lazy player or lacking in skill.

I'm only telling it how it is. I don't want to piss you off or anything but remember you left here of your own free will. Nobody from here kicked you out or asked you to leave did they?

ONLINE GAMING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 13:27:33

So.........

Is it me or does cod5 need a map like shipment?

Dome just doesnt do the trick....

Oh and Roundhouse is Overrated

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 19:22:59

At 12/17/08 01:14 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 12/16/08 08:06 PM, WildcatTennis wrote: lol aight then im out. gl to unknown and only unknown. unknown, message me bout diff clans later. anyone else who actually gives a damn bout gb, message me. ill hook you up. since bobbaq thinks he owns it, ill respect it. c ya never.
I don't own nothing here. The reason you joined some other clan was because they only ever played Ground War matches. We've always played as a regular or small team when we have serious or friendly games.

What this tells me is that you're always dependant on another 6 to 8 people to help you get a win because you're either a lazy player or lacking in skill.

I'm only telling it how it is. I don't want to piss you off or anything but remember you left here of your own free will. Nobody from here kicked you out or asked you to leave did they?

ONLINE GAMING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

lol wow. first of all, i've never played anything bigger than a 4v4 (no one was ever on), and just try me. challenge my cod4, cod5, idc what, just challenge me. ill beat any one of you, any day. that one "tournament" was a long time ago. once again, respect to unknown. that's the only nig that deserves respect round here. maybe heaven, just cuz he speaks french. au revoir, petite filles.

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-17 21:30:18

At 12/17/08 01:27 PM, jtm17 wrote: So.........

Dome is pretty good, but the best maps are Downfall and that Nazi-occupied town. I forget what its called.

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 01:50:26

At 12/17/08 08:14 AM, TheRipper00 wrote:
At 12/17/08 02:07 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Heaven, What the Fuck are you going on about, I was fuckin around with you and I said me you and Unknown when i was discussing Zombies Calm the Fuck down. I am a team player no matter is i get pissed or not I will die if it means we can win. If i was just typing I RULE YOU ALL SUCK 1337!!! All the time then i would be a douche but concidering the only person i was really fuckin with is you i kinda hoped you knew i was playin around, so if not i hope this has cleared things up. I dont do steller all the time i am not the #1 COD player in the world,l never said or would ever say i was. You need a good team to win consistently i enjoy playing with you fellows here because you can always give the effort.

Oh, I know that you are kidding all the time. But though that you were saying that you and Unknown would do better than me at Zombie Mode.
Other than this, I'm being serious, I would really like to have a nice team to start some Zombie Mode matches. We do not have to stick to my first idea, but we should work on this, and find a moment that we could get together, 4 of us, to play some intense and well planned Nazi Zombie.
Other than this, I'm not angry, don't take this all too seriously. If I was really mad, I would have PM'ed you to talk about it, privatly.

Playing Farcry 2 this week, rented it and have to beat it. If your on send me a message and i will hope on either COD

TRAITOR !!!
uncle_benja would hate you for that :P

Peace

War

At 12/17/08 11:36 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: WTF...Antichrist is a comin
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28269290/?gt 1=43001

lol... stupid retarded parents...

At 12/17/08 01:14 PM, BobbaQ wrote:

Exactly!
Thanks a lot Killswitch

At 12/17/08 07:22 PM, WildcatTennis wrote:
lol wow. first of all, i've never played anything bigger than a 4v4 (no one was ever on), and just try me. challenge my cod4, cod5, idc what, just challenge me. ill beat any one of you, any day. that one "tournament" was a long time ago. once again, respect to unknown. that's the only nig that deserves respect round here. maybe heaven, just cuz he speaks french. au revoir, petite filles.

Dude... I played you a couple times... and your not that great...
I'm not saying I'm an awesome cod player, but I can recognize good players from bad ones...
I would say your not in any of those categories... your in between.
So um...
I don't know why your saying that no one here deserves respect... especially considering the fact that most of the clan members in here were not members of the cod4 clan... so they don't even know you. Other than this, I think that Killswitch has never been a dick to you, neither have I. The only one who went hard on you was Ripper, and it's because you left the clan, telling us how good you were, and how useless we were to you. And now you come back here, acting like nothing ever happenned and playing the "good ol' friend"...
that's probably why Ripper is telling you to fuck off...
I won't tell you to leave, and as the leader of the clan, I won't ban you. But I can't make other users appreciate you, and I cannot force them to play with you. But your still welcome if you want to post, join the clan, or add any members of the clan.
But maybe some apologies for being a dick to us would be welcome.

Au revoir Chaton.

At 12/17/08 09:30 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 12/17/08 01:27 PM, jtm17 wrote: So.........

Dome is pretty good, but the best maps are Downfall and that Nazi-occupied town. I forget what its called.

Can't seem to remember the name either...

But I think that Dome is alright, but I do get the point that jtm17 would appreciate to have a very small map with only one floor, and not a lot of spots to hide.

Other than this, here's some stuff that I like about each levels.

The Asylum:
That's my double-barreled shotgun level. I usually go on rampages on this one, but I do have to avoid open ares like the courtyard and all the outdoor areas of the map.
Great for War, Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch

Roudhouse:
Nice sniping map, with tanks, and a lot of different spots to fight.
Really nice for Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch

Dome:
Shotgun or Sub Machine Guns = Epic Win
I like thise map cause every type of match is nice and gives place to some kick passed action.
Good for Team Deathmatch, Free-For-All, S&D, Capture The Flag.

Makin:
I didn't like this map at first... but I'm starting to find some interresting stuff to do in this one, especially with a good Assault Rifle... running in the water and around the structures is just awesome !!!
Good for War and Team Deathmatch.

The Cliffside:
Great for all kind of weapons, from very close to very long ranged weapons.
Great for War, Capture The Flag, Team Deathmatch.. in fact... it's awesome for all "Team" matches.

I won't go through all the maps... but I really do love Downfall and the town with the church in the middle...
Seriously, I like most of the maps :)

Other than this, I haven't played any Domination or HQ matches... so... that's why I haven't said shit about those game modes :P

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 01:57:49

Em... sorry, double-post...

But I would also like to do some promotions

theripper00 - Ripper00
will get two promotions, and will now be ranked as a Sergeant

BobbaQ - KillSwitch_Bob
will be promoted to the rank of Sergeant

jtm17 - jtm17
will be promoted to the rank of Corporal

So here's the most recent update of the list.
I would also like to ask you guys to do some recruitement.
If your interrested in helping the clan getting more members, just invite some people, and ask them to give me your name, so I'll know who invited people to join.

Official Newgrounds Call of Duty 5: World At War Headquarters List

Ng name - CoD:WAW name (or code for Wii)

--- PS3 ---

Division Leader

HeavenDuff - HeavenDuff

General

Major

First Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

BobbaQ - KillSwitch_Bob
theripper00 - Ripper00

Corporal

benjadaninja - uncle_benja
Torkelson - Tork14
TheUnKnownVoice - theunknownvoice
Grangers710 - Granger710
jtm17 - jtm17

Private

El-Duego - Stranjak
scetch00 - SketchyMidnight
doody1 - Rawwwr456
hektur - Garba6e

--- XBOX360 ---

Division Leader

General

Major

First Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Corporal

B4gle - b4gle

Private

SpamBurger - Double 0 z
kaulme93 - kaulme93
jaammiie - Jaammiie
xBADMANx - III MaNiiAc III
36Holla - Triple 6 Holla
XxTheWorldIsYoursxX - Xx F3ZZ xX
Xavierthewarlord - Sniperbullfred

--- PC ---

Division Leader

General

Major

First Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Corporal

Private

--- Wii ---

Division Leader

General

Major

First Lieutenant

Sergeant Major

Sergeant

Corporal

NeonFlame126 - NeonFlame126 (476908884732)

Private

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 08:17:22

WOOOO! Thax Heaven. I hate Farcry im going to beat it but its half retarded. The Graphics are good the Map is HUGE but the slow moving cars the Gard outpost at every intersection can get old. I drive through and get blasted with Mounted MG fire. Sometimes the car lives sometimes it dies then they chase it bla bla. It can be Intense whitch is good but the Lask of an Autosave option is real annoying. I love IEDs place one on my car get to fightin the slam there truck up to mine to block me in and ( puts middle finger up) Click. BOOOOM!! I am playing on Infamous though so some of this BS might be assosiated with that. One more detail, when you get shot and your life goes down to the last bar you ussaly get a bullet stuck in you that you have to pull out in the heat of battle because if not you get an infection that kills you in 5 seconds.

On a COD note..
Dear Wildcat,
I do belive i sent you a PM regarding playing me One on One. COD4 would be prefered but ill do COD waw. Your a Scrub kid always will be you leech off of good players for XP in GB Clans. If you were the "SHIT" You would not have sucked balls co hard when i raped you last time 20-3 i belive.

So im done talking Put up or Shut up.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 11:01:24

At 12/18/08 01:57 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: BobbaQ - KillSwitch_Bob
will be promoted to the rank of Sergeant

<3

I would also like to ask you guys to do some recruitement.
If your interrested in helping the clan getting more members, just invite some people, and ask them to give me your name, so I'll know who invited people to join.

I'll ask around on the console clubs and see if anyone is intrested in joining ;)

Oh and Wildcat, seeing as you don't seem to be taking the hint, I'm just going to ignore you. Do as you please.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 14:25:28

At 12/18/08 01:57 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Em... sorry, double-post...
But I would also like to do some promotions
jtm17 - jtm17
will be promoted to the rank of Corporal:

WOOOOO!
Cheers dude i still haven't added you on the PS3 but if i play again tonight i will!
<3 :P:P:P:P:P

Oh And on another note

Gweher Is FUCKING AWESOME YUUHASUH&QY*Y&£YH BNSIUHYBUN

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 18:46:34

6 days, guys. 6 days 'til I get this wondrous game. I really do hate being a Christmas noob, but I don't really have much of a choice. Hopefully, since I've been playing CoD4 a lot lately, I won't suck that bad.

I shall be joining you soon, Mr. B4gle.

GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-18 21:13:10

whoa what the hell i'm not beeing promoted oh shit i really need to get back into this again.............hmmmmm........i would like to start with wildcatenis.......i can tell you guys why he as been giving me luck all i asked was for him to join MY cod5 team but i never said he could join this clan again.....that just would not have been right so i'm sorry for lettin u guys have to deal with that bullshit..

anyways i haven't been activite lately becuz my great grandma died and i'm out of town so the connection is about as good as a two dollar hooker...anyways as soon as i get back to a good connection we startin' the gb clan with a strong force and i can't wait to get up in the gb ranks which i have been long for so bad ever since i was knee high....anyways

heavenduff i stick to your plan i don't give a shit i just love bust your nuts with a hanmmer occasionally..p.s. i love you

anyways ty ripper for the cod4 gb clan can't wait to play with you and i can't wait to start playing on cod5 gb clan it will be the shitz!!!!

killswitch_bob your just fucking awesomeness rapping in a european present.........p.s. i love you more

jtm add my ass on the ps3 i won't accept it till sunday or saturday night if i'm lucky but it would be great to play with you

assavea i hope you love the game as much as i do and cod4 skills do really come in handy with cod5 but you still might suck becuz you don't really no the maps and strategies as well as the rest of the clan might

And i hope everyone in the clan even the srry 360 users have a very merry christmas(srry if you don't believe in it didn't mean to offend you) but yeah have a great time and...

heavenduff get on more man i miss you to much already on my first prestiage so you are all noobs in my eyes but i love you all

Peace out and keep it real for my fucking sanity

P.S.S.S. Wild cat if really think your that good dude i'm but your probally going to have to get off my team i won'd have that shit around bad for team morale............so fuck off but have a nice day

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-19 07:42:43

At 12/18/08 09:13 PM, TheUnknownVoice wrote: A long intreging sensual Rant.

The Unknown Voice everyone lets give him a round of applause. Sorry bout you GM have fun with your hooker...dont be a fool rap yo tool. See you Online soon Good Sir.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-19 08:55:13

At 12/18/08 09:13 PM, TheUnknownVoice wrote: Meaningful but hard to understand post.

I love you too Unknown ;)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-20 03:20:04

At 12/19/08 06:23 PM, B4gle wrote:
At 12/18/08 09:13 PM, TheUnknownVoice wrote: A long cool rant that doesn't involve me but I quoted it anyway because other people are
Wait your not in the clan anymore?

He's still in the clan :)

I won't bother quoting you Unknown, but I still believe that you are awesome.
Hope to see you guys online soon.
My girlfriend just left to Cuba for a week, so I might have a little more time for cod, even if I'm planning on seeing a couple friends.

Other than this, we will have to work real hard as a team before starting the GB's... a lot of those guys just plays dirty and cheap all the time, and we will have to learn to do the same.

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-21 15:37:25

There isn't a lot of people online these days... that's sad...
Yesterday, I have played with Killswitch and Unknown
and later we got to play with some friends like laballa !!
But it's kind of sad that theres not more members playing with us :(

Anyway, have a good day kids !

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-21 16:19:39

OMG! Can I join?! I usually play with a [NG] clan tag.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-21 17:10:45

At 12/21/08 04:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote: OMG! Can I join?! I usually play with a [NG] clan tag.

well i don't see why not just a few things we need

1. The System you play on
2.Your GT
3.Get on every once inwhile wouldn't be bad either

Ty

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-21 21:40:05

I get really bored playing with myself. (No pun intended.) I've been challenged by a bunch of prestige whores from my school and want to show them that prestige has jack shit to do with skill. Let's play sometime. GT = Xx F3ZZ xX

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-21 22:31:02

At 12/21/08 04:19 PM, WadeFulp wrote: OMG! Can I join?! I usually play with a [NG] clan tag.

Indeed :P

I know that you are playing on Xbox260, but I still need to know what is your gamertag, so I can add you to the rosters list.
And we do know that there is a kind of NG clan thing going on, on the 360, even if they didn't join the actual FORUM of NG clan.

But it would be cool to have you on board, so... welcome in !!!

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-22 10:06:36

This cracked me up so i had to post it, Nothing to do with COD at all. I am a Super....just about died laughing

A women was looking at the animals on display in a pet store. A few minutes later, a man walked in and said to the shopkeeper 'I'll take a Construction Monkey, please'.

The shopkeeper nodded and took a monkey out of a cage. He put a collar and leash on the animal and handed it the man, saying, 'That'll be $5,000.' The man paid and left with the monkey.

The surprised woman went to the shopkeeper and said, 'That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few hundred dollars. Why did that one cost so much?

'The shopkeeper answered, 'Ah, that's a Construction Monkey. He can drive trucks, set forms, erect steel & equipment and run pipe. All with no back talk or complaints. He's well worth the money.'

The woman then spotted a monkey in another cage. 'That one's even more expensive! $10,000! What does it do?' 'Oh, that one' replied the shopkeeper. 'That's a ' Project Field Engineer, he can read drawings, answer RFI's, make as-build's and inspect quality. A very useful monkey indeed.'

The woman looked around a little longer and found a monkey with a $50,000 price tag. The shocked woman exclaimed, 'This one costs more than all the others put together! What in the world can it do?'

'Well, said the shopkeeper, 'I've never actually seen him do anything except drink beer and play with his dick. But his papers say he's a Superintendent.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-22 16:03:11

OMG! Ripper is spamming both of our clans to post jokes :P

Funny stuff though.

Yesterday, Killswitch, Unknown, Ripper and I tried the Zombie Mode plan. It was working pretty well until Unknown got killed, I revived him, everything was alright, until we realised that his window in the front room was open, and that 6 or 7 zombies were running at Ripper and Killswitch, who just never saw em coming. And that's pretty much it. With some more work, I'm pretty sure we'll get to level 20.

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-22 17:31:05

We can try again tonight be on around 6. Playin Farcry till you guys are on then i will bump over...just about got that bitch beat.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-22 18:18:18

At 12/22/08 05:52 PM, B4gle wrote: I got to level 17 in Nazi Zombies with only me and my other friend , we both had the Ray Gun , what are the chances? We just held out in the "Help" room , he covered the 3 entrances and I covered the doorway.

That might be a good plan for a 4 player match of Nazi Zombies , Theres only 4 entrences into that room , so the best player holds the main doorway and everyone else each covers a window.

We tried this plan once, but once in a while, you got to reload your weapon, and there's so many of those zombies coming in through the door. But maybe with two guys holding the door and 2 taking care of the 3 other barriers maybe.

That could work...

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-22 22:05:13

So I finally managed to play World at War for the first time, and I'm sad to say I was very disappointed. I was really hoping it was better than everyone said it was, but I can now see what they mean.

Note: I'm using CoD2 as the standard that Treyarch should have been able to meet, since that's my favorite WWII game.
Oh my, let the onslaught begin.

First of all, the campaign sucked. I was hoping Treyarch would look back to CoD2 to see how it's been done right, but apparently not. The missions were lackluster, and almost always simply the Point A to Point B kind. Not to mention a lot of them ended far too abruptly, and left me feeling empty.

And then there was the "story." In CoD2, there was this connection that formed between you and the characters; you really felt for them. In WaW, though, there was nothing. Things went by too quickly, and nothing was there to try to "personalize" the soldiers except for a name. In CoD2, the loading screens had diaries and letters from the characters that gave you insight about them and what they're feeling. Now, all we have is the CoD4 loading screens, minus the cutscene, and plus the History channel.

tl;dr Missions were rubbish and was a history textbook.
Also, CoD4 is the standard for the next point.

And secondly, the multiplayer was absolutely botched. Treyarch had a perfect opportunity to make a great multiplayer experience that was unique. Instead, we got CoD4 + WWII - good maps - unique/varied guns.

Seriously. I really don't know how to describe it, but I just can't stand WaW's maps. I mean, I've been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to figure out what to say. They just... it's like they just took some objects and tossed them around and said, "Hey! This looks cool!" and called it a map. In CoD4, you can tell they took time in adjusting every detail, sculpting it so we would do what they wanted. I just can't see any of that in WaW. Maybe I just didn't play them enough, but I don't think that's the case. When I played CoD4 online the first time, I was completely stunned by how awesome the maps were, how intricate they were. Now, I'm just baffled by what the hell I'm supposed to do!

And then there's the guns... oh Lord. There are actually only like, 7 different guns (I'm estimating, sue me). They all feel the same, none of them feel unique to me. I'll take the G36 and M4 from CoD4 as an example: both fully auto, both 30 round mags, both good guns. However, the stat differences are ridiculous, they're completely different guns; the M4 is a better long range gun and the G36 is better at close range (in my experience). Then we come to the SVT-40 and Gewehr from WaW: both semi-auto rifles, both 10 round mags, uh... there's like, no difference, except the Gewehr has less recoil. This may just be me nitpicking, or maybe I just didn't use the guns enough tog et a good feel, but this is my first impression.

And then there's the challenges. I was really hoping Treyarch would have done something new, instead of just copy-pasting the challenges from CoD4. And then they went ahead and took away unlocks for the expert challenges, too. I realize camo patterns would have been a bit... awkward to do on those guns, but come on. They could've at least given more exp for them.

But I think I should stop nit-picking before I become any less lucid.

tl;dr Multiplayer maps suck, guns lack uniqueness, challenges/attachments/rewards are lame. Also, Nazi Zombies bores me.

All in all, I'm having second thoughts.
/onslaught

GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature

Response to The Call Of Duty World At War Clan 2008-12-23 00:33:25

I wouldn't say that WaW is a revolutiannary game... but it's really not worst then COD4.
I like both games, but both really are different.
And you can feel the differences between the weapon, just try the two shotguns, then go try the subs, some are more accurate with a smaller clip, some have a larger clip, but more recoil and less accuracy. The snipers are very nice, you can decide to use scopes or bayonnets or grenade launcher, depending on what kind of sniping you want to do.
The snipers were also pretty nice, adding bayonnets was a really good idea.
Other than this, the tanks are cool, you can use satchel charges, sticky grenades and rocket launchers to take em off. There also is some tank perks, which are pretty interresting.
The perks from COD4 are still in this game, but they have added some interresting ones, like Reconnaisance, which is kind of useful.

You didn't play enough on the maps, because some of them, are really nice. At first, I didn't like Cliffside and Makin, but now, I really like them. Roundhouse his cool too many camping spots, but still a fucking nice map. Upheaval is great, Seelow is nice... anyway...

But for the story mode, I have to agree... 100% with you... it was shitty...