00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Imp-with-a-Pencil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Universe Collab

51,421 Views | 1,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-15 11:05:19

At 8/14/09 07:03 AM, Superuberman69 wrote: Ok I've started the big bang and.... hit a wall. This is what i have so far so any suggestions please?

I'll say what everyone else is thinking.

Girl, you gotsa keep yo clothes on!

But seriously, it sucked.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-15 20:17:12

I know i am REALLY late to this, but if you need a part because someone dropped out or there's still an available spot, i'll be glad to join. My work has improved since my latest submissions (been a while)

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 06:42:23

At 8/15/09 08:17 PM, Honto wrote: I know i am REALLY late to this, but if you need a part because someone dropped out or there's still an available spot, i'll be glad to join. My work has improved since my latest submissions (been a while)

Aren't you already in The Creepy Collab? Even if there are empty parts in this collab, handling and working for two collabs at once can be really tough, are you sure?

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 10:50:56

At 8/16/09 06:42 AM, mrty wrote:
At 8/15/09 08:17 PM, Honto wrote: I know i am REALLY late to this, but if you need a part because someone dropped out or there's still an available spot, i'll be glad to join. My work has improved since my latest submissions (been a while)
Aren't you already in The Creepy Collab? Even if there are empty parts in this collab, handling and working for two collabs at once can be really tough, are you sure?

I know, but the other collab just started and it usually takes a long while to get everything done so i won't have to worry about it for a while. I'd just do the part for this collab first. Besides you said 10-30 seconds. That is not a lot, i think i can definitely handle it.

I work fast when needed and rest assured i'm not going to crap out a half an hour piece o' shit.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 11:28:24

10-30 seconds? When did I say that?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 11:35:45

At 8/16/09 11:28 AM, mrty wrote: 10-30 seconds? When did I say that?

Not you, the first post in this thread.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 11:41:10

At 8/16/09 11:35 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:

Yea that's what i meant, sorry. I figured you'd be the collab leader since you were asking me

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 12:16:50

At 8/16/09 11:41 AM, Honto wrote:
At 8/16/09 11:35 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
Yea that's what i meant, sorry. I figured you'd be the collab leader since you were asking me

Hehe, OK. Maybe I should stop responding to people asking for open parts, but Archon68 isn't doing it either. I mean don't get me wrong Archon68 but somebody needs to respond to those guys.

I'm checking this thread everyday for updates and shit, and since nobody's answering them, I feel like doing it.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-16 12:18:43

By the way we still didn't give him a proper answer. :P
I think all parts are filled though.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-18 11:00:43

At 8/16/09 12:16 PM, mrty wrote: Hehe, OK. Maybe I should stop responding to people asking for open parts, but Archon68 isn't doing it either. I mean don't get me wrong Archon68 but somebody needs to respond to those guys.

I'm checking this thread everyday for updates and shit, and since nobody's answering them, I feel like doing it.

It's alright, I haven't been "on the game" since I got back. I'm trying to get back on track.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-19 11:21:07

Good news, everyone, SkyRocket is sponsoring The Universe Collab on his upcoming website.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-19 16:14:07

At 8/19/09 11:21 AM, Archon68 wrote: Good news, everyone, SkyRocket is sponsoring The Universe Collab on his upcoming website.

By sponsoring...you mean actually paying for it? That's new for a collab. Anyway, has he given a certain price range?

And if so, how will you split the money? Only co-author's get? Everyone gets a small share? You keep it all for yourself? Donate it all to charity?

I actually like the last option.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-19 16:19:24

At 8/19/09 11:21 AM, Archon68 wrote: Good news, everyone, SkyRocket is sponsoring The Universe Collab on his upcoming website.

Never heard of it, but a sponsor sounds good. I don't know anything about that money sharing thing, either some patient person will have to tell me about it or at least post me a link explaining it.

Also, I agree with 4ur about donating it to the charity. It is much better than a few dollars/cents/whatever we are all going to get. Well, charity is always the best option anyway.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-19 16:21:02

Also, how's things with the preloader?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-19 17:22:53

At 8/19/09 04:19 PM, mrty wrote:
Never heard of it, but a sponsor sounds good. I don't know anything about that money sharing thing, either some patient person will have to tell me about it or at least post me a link explaining it.

What's not to get? How the sponsor pays? How the money is split? How you receive the money?

Also, I agree with 4ur about donating it to the charity. It is much better than a few dollars/cents/whatever we are all going to get. Well, charity is always the best option anyway.

A few dollars? It's a sponsorship, not ads, ads get you a few dollars/cents, sponsorships get you 700$ or more, depending on the quality of the game/animation.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-19 19:22:11

4ur, the whole sharing thing is confusing to me, but what I don't get most is how to get the money. How will they know where we live so they can send the money? If it's by credit card or something, how will they know the number? Are we supposed to tell them?

As for the money, 700 dollars and up is some huge amount of money, but still, donating it to the people who actually need it sounds like a much better idea to me. If WE get the money, we will probably spend it on rather useless stuff in a few days and then just forget about it.

I don't know though, I'm still having some inner conflict. The amount of money we get might be HUGE, but charity needs it more than us, right?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-20 14:01:37

At 8/19/09 07:22 PM, mrty wrote: 4ur, the whole sharing thing is confusing to me, but what I don't get most is how to get the money. How will they know where we live so they can send the money? If it's by credit card or something, how will they know the number? Are we supposed to tell them?

Usually, they send it via Paypal. You just tell them your Paypal account or whatever and they send the money.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-20 15:42:06

At 8/19/09 04:14 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
By sponsoring...you mean actually paying for it? That's new for a collab. Anyway, has he given a certain price range?

No, maybe I shouldn't have said "sponsoring". He's advertising us.

And if so, how will you split the money? Only co-author's get? Everyone gets a small share? You keep it all for yourself? Donate it all to charity?

Well, for the money we get from the ads, I'll split it up evenly between us all. Or if you guys are all up to it, I'll donate 50%, or even all of it to a charity.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-20 18:14:25

At 8/20/09 03:42 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 8/19/09 04:14 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
No, maybe I shouldn't have said "sponsoring". He's advertising us.

Well, for the money we get from the ads, I'll split it up evenly between us all. Or if you guys are all up to it, I'll donate 50%, or even all of it to a charity.

Y'know what, I think we should take this opportunity and help ForNoReason's new charity project. We just co-author one of those charitable organizations, and have 100% of the ad revenue to them.

However, that way we won't know how much we raised for them, so having like 10% or something for someone in the collab, so we can calculate it would be a good idea.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-21 02:46:43

At 8/20/09 06:14 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: However, that way we won't know how much we raised for them, so having like 10% or something for someone in the collab, so we can calculate it would be a good idea.

If we do that, we'll also have one less room for a collab co-author, but I guess it's worth it.

I'm going to a vacation for the weekend, I'll see you guys on monday.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-21 10:10:53

At 8/21/09 02:46 AM, mrty wrote:
At 8/20/09 06:14 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: However, that way we won't know how much we raised for them, so having like 10% or something for someone in the collab, so we can calculate it would be a good idea.
If we do that, we'll also have one less room for a collab co-author, but I guess it's worth it.

Honestly there aren't many people contributing a lot to this collab anyway. It's mainly me, you (mrty) and 4ur. I'll co-author the rest of the authors in order of quality of submission and helpfulness, and leave the final spot to a charity.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-23 05:48:27

At 8/21/09 10:10 AM, Archon68 wrote:
At 8/21/09 02:46 AM, mrty wrote:
Honestly there aren't many people contributing a lot to this collab anyway. It's mainly me, you (mrty) and 4ur. I'll co-author the rest of the authors in order of quality of submission and helpfulness, and leave the final spot to a charity.

That's right, but you forgot to count chubbthehippo and MarsYam. chubb also contributed in the preloader like me, and MarsYam did more than one part after all, and it was pretty good. You shouldn't forget to co-author them.

I'm back, by the way.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-23 05:56:32

Calcium, also. He was in your co-author list earlier.

How's the preloader going?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-23 14:17:14

At 8/23/09 05:48 AM, mrty wrote: That's right, but you forgot to count chubbthehippo and MarsYam. chubb also contributed in the preloader like me, and MarsYam did more than one part after all, and it was pretty good. You shouldn't forget to co-author them.

I was going to co-author them, I just said that you and 4ur were the top contributors.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-23 14:56:23

At 8/23/09 02:17 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 8/23/09 05:48 AM, mrty wrote: That's right, but you forgot to count chubbthehippo and MarsYam. chubb also contributed in the preloader like me, and MarsYam did more than one part after all, and it was pretty good. You shouldn't forget to co-author them.
I was going to co-author them, I just said that you and 4ur were the top contributors.

OK, I said that because you stated in the first post that top contributors will be co-authored.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-23 15:06:05

At 8/23/09 02:56 PM, mrty wrote: OK, I said that because you stated in the first post that top contributors will be co-authored.

They will, and so will the rest of the people that fit, minus one spot for charity.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-23 18:56:54

just to know, would you accept an entry with sticks?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-24 09:05:27

At 8/23/09 06:56 PM, Cryptik wrote: just to know, would you accept an entry with sticks?

Do you mean sticks like in this:

Or sticks like in this:

The first one is acceptable, the second one isn't. Basically, if it's crap, no sticks.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-24 10:18:00

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-08-24 12:05:08

At 8/23/09 06:56 PM, Cryptik wrote: just to know, would you accept an entry with sticks?

I don't think sticks should be accepted, I mean, even if well drawn and well animated, it's just dissatisfying to see sticks instead of real humans. Also, since human evolution is an important part of this collab, I think that sticks should be avoided at all costs, and it's always better to draw real humans. Think like the audience, that's what I always do.

If you allow it Archon, well, you are the boss, but I wouldn't recommend it, personally.