00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reviloyuh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Universe Collab

51,505 Views | 1,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-16 18:08:55

At 1/16/09 01:17 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 1/16/09 08:48 AM, pvt-blasto wrote: can you tell me a few things about that background? i really like it, and am kind of wondering how to achieve something similar..
Which one? The picture I posted?

yeah that one... spacey one

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-16 19:11:01

At 1/16/09 06:08 PM, pvt-blasto wrote:
At 1/16/09 01:17 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 1/16/09 08:48 AM, pvt-blasto wrote: can you tell me a few things about that background? i really like it, and am kind of wondering how to achieve something similar..
Which one? The picture I posted?
yeah that one... spacey one

Sent you a PM with a tutorial. Don't want to go off-task anymore in this thread.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-16 19:35:46

guys i need some ideas for the medieval part. I was gonna have a war going on and then pan to a castle. where a giant rock hurled from a catapult hits it

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-16 19:36:31

Lol, hey guys. Im gonna take a go at the sun exploding bit, i know 4urentertainment is doing it, but hoping i can steal it from him, and if i cant il still make it and post it just cuz animating the sun exploding sounds like phun! Also, how would another sun form.. o.o

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-16 23:20:19

Whoa, i made a scrolling star bg! Like amg?? I've gotten more than this done, i'm just showing my star backgroundzor.

Link: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/160109/7 6783_space.php

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-17 00:41:48

Ow, triple post. Anyway, i made the sun, and it um, exploding. It's not over, i'll show it sort of like the death star exploding. Then il show the tiny particle cloud floating and forming another, tiny star.

Right now it's meh, and it'll probably stay meh for the following reasons:
can't draw, rush job, filter raep. Ill finish it just cuz i want to, it'd be nice to be put in the collab, but i aint expecting anything. Ill make the splitting apart part abit longer i think. blehz.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/160109/8 1662_space.php

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-17 01:07:20

well i like th exploding animation, but i think the sun itself needs a little work, kinda looks like a transparent red circle with a blur filter on it, but i like how much your getting done. I can see that your into it.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-17 09:58:23

At 1/16/09 07:35 PM, sticmahn34 wrote: guys i need some ideas for the medieval part. I was gonna have a war going on and then pan to a castle. where a giant rock hurled from a catapult hits it

That sounds fine.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-17 10:46:03

archon is it okay if I use well drawn stick figures/animation? It won't be like half assed stick figures il make them well drawn. I just want to focus on the animation and to do that stick figures are the easiest way to get a clean, smooth, animation

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-17 13:23:06

At 1/17/09 10:46 AM, sticmahn34 wrote: archon is it okay if I use well drawn stick figures/animation? It won't be like half assed stick figures il make them well drawn. I just want to focus on the animation and to do that stick figures are the easiest way to get a clean, smooth, animation

Yep. As long as they look GOOD, they are fine.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 05:30:13

Hey, I just got an idea. How about, since klami wants to do the sun exploding too, and since I have already done half of it, and his explosion looks pretty good. Why don't I just send him the part I did, and he make it explode, and then we put it in the collab?

There you have it, a collab in a collab....

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 11:53:27

update on my part:

using archons awsome technique ive got a background, i just wanted to let you know, im taking a kind of 8bit style approach to this... sort of like showing it in its "dawn of time" style

everything is kind of blocky and ancient looking... ive been working all weekend and finishing up another collab so i havent done any animation to speak of, but im starting now, and i know exactly what i want...

ill upload a preview soon as ive got one!

:D

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 13:13:52

hey archon this will be the beginning part, (im planning on redoing the part where he bashes him with the shield) After tha part tons of warriors with swords will rush in. After that im gonna make a part where you see the point of view from the enemy's helmet and watch as the warriors rush towards you.
After that il make a part with a giant castle being shot at by catapults. archers are on the towers shooting down at the men manning the catapult.

so thats the plan...

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 13:15:16

heres the link My Animation

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 13:58:20

my animation

been working on it for a couple hours... next part gets exciting... thats all i can do today i havent slept for like a day now :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 14:08:10

very nice dude, i like the style! keep it up!

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 14:42:08

Sticmahn34: Since your doing sticks I'm going to be pretty picky about your animation. Of course you don't have to listen to anything I say, I'm just trying to give helpful suggestions :) Anyways first I'd have the shield dude brace himself before he gets hit by the sword dude. Right now he's just sitting there but that's not how it'd work in real life. If I was to swing a sword at you and you had a shield, you'd first go from a more relaxed position to a more ready crouch, then when the sword hit your shield, you'd be knocked back a bit. Similarly w/ the sword guy there's a moment after he's swung but before he's retreating from the shield guy where he's just sitting there, on my first view, this moment of pause really struck me as wrong. In reality he wouldn't be able to stop his sword so quickly there'd be more recoil and then he'd bring the sword forward again to right it. In short if your doing sticks, I'd really avoid long moments of non-movement. Also your going to put a background in to right? Anyways it's a good start, don't get me wrong, I just want it to be great!

pvt-blasto - I really like the style! But, what's going on at the bottom? It'll become clear later, right?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 14:52:58

thanx for the criticism, i will fix this up. I was sort of lazy with that stick so il just spend some time perfecting it all. It should be much longer.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 16:56:25

I made a more interesting backround and removed the shield dude and replaced him with a sword dude. It looks a lot more exciting, but it short right now. I will be adding it and keeping everyone updated.
My Animation

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 19:53:56

in the bottom of the screen is the hint of the gasseous trail leading into the birth of our sun... it will deffinetly be more clear...

i can tell you what happens next...

the whole thing pans and we see where this gas is going,

we see mass amounts of it forming into one point, where an orb is slowly growing.

it grows and grows and brightens until finally in a flash, the sun has expanded all of its resources and is born.

this is obviously sped up millions of years, i was thinking of having a year count on the bottom right but i decided just to stick with what was going on....

that stick animation is looking ok but if it was me id animate the swords first to see where its going and then do the sticks after...

as for the achievement thing... its reeeaaaally tacky, out of place and out of context for this collab... but i guess i cant hardly talk since im doing mine in 8bit...

sorry if i seemed rude but it just kind of grossed me out...

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 20:17:27

At 1/19/09 05:30 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Hey, I just got an idea. How about, since klami wants to do the sun exploding too, and since I have already done half of it, and his explosion looks pretty good. Why don't I just send him the part I did, and he make it explode, and then we put it in the collab?

There you have it, a collab in a collab....

Great idea! And its klmai by the way :P. I wanna get Archons opinion on it first though :L.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-19 21:13:20

yeah i know the achievment thing was weird. Im not putting it in the collab, just wanted to see what it would look like. As for the sword thing il make sure to do that.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-20 03:43:33

At 1/19/09 09:13 PM, sticmahn34 wrote: yeah i know the achievment thing was weird. Im not putting it in the collab, just wanted to see what it would look like. As for the sword thing il make sure to do that.

But y'know since you're doing the medieval times now, you should do something that shows it. Like start by showing a castle, zooming in on it. Don't focus too much on just two stickmen fighting. Do catapults, horses, armies, kings etc...

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-20 18:39:28

Nice, job, stickmahn34 and pvt-blasto. I like how your parts are coming.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-20 21:23:34

awww thanks, im actually finished!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/200109/7 6703_unicerse_collab.php

check it out... last thing i need to do is put in the music, which means figuring out what part i want to use...

i would have made it longer, but as it is its max 30 seconds....

i really love the moon peeking out, showing that this is the begginning of earth, i set it up real nice for the cellular part...

i really had fun doing it, if theres anything youd like me to change or add archon please tell me id be glad to do it... besides that ill show the finished version with music when i have it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-21 17:43:38

At 1/20/09 09:23 PM, pvt-blasto wrote: i would have made it longer, but as it is its max 30 seconds....

What? No! The maximum limit is NOT 30 seconds. Make it as long as you want!

And also, I loved your piece! It's awesome.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-21 22:33:37

you might regret saying that, my origional concept was 2 minutes long....

oooorr you might not... but in any case i'll deffinetly make it longer... whens the due date agin?

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-22 10:32:02

ok i apolagize for the double post, i just want to double check this, ive reworked the song, and drawn up a concept, i want to make my part 1 minute and 30 seconds long exactly...

is that cool?

its just, coupled with the ambience, i really want it to feel steady, but that takes time, if you think that will slow things down too much let me know, and ill shorten it up, i just want to be sure, before i get too heavily into it...

thanks! :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-22 16:10:17

loads of tests and work nxt week, so cant continue atm :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-01-22 18:37:44

That's fine, guys. There's no due date so there's no worries. :-)