00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,743 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 18:49:32

At 2/6/11 06:22 PM, Jon wrote: ..tell us more.

From what I gathered he was at a NME awards gig at Manchester academy, then afterwards he came down to a house party I was at with one of my mates who's pretty well connected within the DJ scene. I'm probably making it out to be more awesome than it was, even though it was pretty awesome :P, we didn't really speak because he was obviously fucked on something, he just sat in the kitchen slumped over not speaking to anyone :) Was such a surreal feeling though, being at a random party and just bumping into probably the biggest name in dubstep!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 19:37:13

At 2/6/11 06:45 PM, xKore wrote: Could be going to this event, but my mates too scared about getting stabbed in london. true story.

London's fine blad. I've seen that line up before, looks pretty sweet, I noticed they managed to spell Sukh Knight wrong on the flier :P

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 19:42:15

At 2/6/11 06:49 PM, Fim wrote: biggest name in dubstep!

Wow, can't imagine how surreal that would have been! Very jealous of you to have partied with a conked out Skream, lucky fucker!

At 2/6/11 07:37 PM, Fim wrote: London's fine blad. I've seen that line up before, looks pretty sweet, I noticed they managed to spell Sukh Knight wrong on the flier :P

I noticed that, too. It really irritated me!

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-08 14:24:25

I should probably have saved this until it actually is Valentines day, but as you can see, I haven't.

Spor - Valentine

I still think Spor is brilliant. So far he's one of my top DnB artists from the little I've heard. I'm still exploring the genre, but every time I try I always end up coming back to him. The songs are just too good.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-08 14:40:19

Also decided to listen to a DnB compilation type thing that I found on Spotify as a way to hear different artists. It seems like a decent CD, but I like some of it quite a bit more than others. The album/compilation is called "Us Against The World - Mixed by Evol Intent". Maybe some of you guys want to check it out and tell me what you think.

If you use Spotify, you can listen to it for free:

http://open.spotify.com/album/5dpJ3DvhPJ fMJSYY2pH2il

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-14 07:26:20

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-14 09:41:49

At 2/14/11 07:26 AM, Jon wrote: With this line up, thank FUCK I live in Birmingham!

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of MCs? They ruin DnB for me. Basically some guy yelling in a mic, or rapping too fast to understand.

I know it's to get the crowd pumping but to be honest, they're the reason I stay away from DnB stages at raves. DnB was the first type of music I saw at a rave, and even though I was on ecstasy for the first time, which pretty much lowers expectations of everything, the DnB stage sucked. The MC was annoying and was giving me a headache.

Watching some live sets Netsky and stuff turns me off too. I haven't really been to a DnB stage in a long time, probably since my first rave three years ago, but I'm really hesitant to now. I love listening to DnB on CD / MP3 / computer, but when I look at live shows it seems a lot different. So... yeah, not sure what I'm going to do now. My friends still want to see Datsik, but I don't really care about Netsky anymore -- his live sets look like a snoozefest.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-14 13:06:45

At 2/14/11 07:26 AM, Jon wrote: With this line up, thank FUCK I live in Birmingham!

DDDddddaaayumm, that's hefty. Pretty much every big name in dnb is on that, what are you predictions for the awards aspect of it? I'd strongly suspect Andy Cs gona win best DJ again for the 4th time in a row or whatever :P
However sick it looks, Birmingham's too much of a trek for me. How is custard factory? It keeps cropping up on line ups but I've never been.

At 2/14/11 09:41 AM, Rallard wrote:
Can anyone explain to me the appeal of MCs? They ruin DnB for me. Basically some guy yelling in a mic, or rapping too fast to understand.

I think it's an acquired taste, but you need an MC on stage or else the whole set would be a bit bland, and there needs to be somebody to hype up the crowd and introduce other DJs. I think it boils down to the MCs themselves, some of them are good some of them are not, but they've been essential to the movement of drum&bass so you're gona have to put up with them I'm afriad.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-14 13:08:00

At 2/14/11 09:41 AM, Rallard wrote: but I don't really care about Netsky anymore -- his live sets look like a snoozefest.

Trust me, netsky is AMAZING live.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-16 10:34:23

At 2/14/11 01:08 PM, Fim wrote:
At 2/14/11 09:41 AM, Rallard wrote: but I don't really care about Netsky anymore -- his live sets look like a snoozefest.
Trust me, netsky is AMAZING live.

nah,

I've seen him like 5 times now live, he was good in the beginning. But all of his dnb tunes are kinda getting gay.
And on his live sets he always plays the overplayed tracks..

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-16 14:53:06

At 2/16/11 10:34 AM, Bendt wrote:
nah,

Reaally???! Well, the 1 time I saw him he completely blew me away but hey, you're entitled to your opinion.

Anway, got some new tunes -
Lost - Metal Foot
Instra:mental - Thugtronika

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-18 08:20:16

Tried to resist the urge to post more links without someone else posting here and failed, this always turns into a me having a one person monologue on here :P It's frydaai!! I hope everyone has a sick weekend.

KOAN Sound - Max Out

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-18 09:24:11

Daaaamn I hope Netsky is good when I see him. Being fucked out of my face should help him be better :P.

I'm really hyped for an Original Sin album later this year, their stuff is pretty dark when played around the 2-4am mark. The bass just destroys you.

Speaking of which, it's been a while since I updated by Dnb/Dubstep library

THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE.

At 2/14/11 01:06 PM, Fim wrote: However sick it looks, Birmingham's too much of a trek for me. How is custard factory? It keeps cropping up on line ups but I've never been.

Fucking incredible. Custard always gets the big names. If you're ever in Birmingham, go to it.

At 2/18/11 08:20 AM, Fim wrote: KOAN Sound - Max Out

Nice, this track's trippy as balls with stopping and starting. Would definitely confuse the fuck out of me if I was at a club! Insp Dub's been slow on the uploads lately. Suppose he's busier than he used to be. I brought the first round of I <3 { tee's he released and he absolutely destroyed it when I saw him DJ.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-19 14:40:20

At 2/18/11 09:09 PM, citricsquid wrote: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=12 7176720683306

OMG MODESTEP!!!!

sunlight hurts me eyes whhghghghrghjdf

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-20 11:52:04

Decided to enter 'Spor' into the last.fm radio, so we'll see what related artists get played in time. This should be a good way of helping me find even more new artists.

I tried searching for The Prodigy on last.fm's radio before, and a lot of the stuff it decided to play wasn't that great, in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-20 18:33:56

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-24 11:42:21

This mix by resident Chimpo is fabulous

and modestep is absolute wank

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-25 08:51:05

At 2/24/11 11:42 AM, Fim wrote: and modestep is absolute wank

fucking awful

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-25 20:07:26

Pasco - The Trick

dat bass, mmmmmm

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-25 20:20:30

At 2/25/11 08:13 PM, citricsquid wrote: modestep etc are playing at the club behind me now, shaking my wall :(

Go down there and sell and/or buy drugs

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-26 11:12:15

At 2/25/11 08:13 PM, citricsquid wrote: modestep etc are playing at the club behind me now, shaking my wall :(

go find the pricks and slaaaaaaaaaaap dem!!

At 2/25/11 08:07 PM, Jon wrote: Pasco - The Trick

It's been a long time since a dnb tune made me lactate as much as this!!!! sick sick track!

on a perrsonal update, I've been up since thursday night and sleep deprivation is driving me slightly insane gah

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-03 16:56:11

Started listening to a new genre, dubstep is getting boring.. :p

I really like this genre called glitch hop, a friend of mine introduced me to it.

Glitch mob - Boreta
Rustie - Dragonfly
Fine cut bodies - Beaver Blink

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-03 18:16:01

At 3/3/11 04:56 PM, Bendt wrote: Started listening to a new genre, dubstep is getting boring.. :p

I really like this genre called glitch hop, a friend of mine introduced me to it.

Glitch mob - Boreta
Rustie - Dragonfly
Fine cut bodies - Beaver Blink

Would love to know how Rustie is not dubstep :P his style's too quirky for a lot of my peers but he's still a solid DJ, my favourite track by him was always bad science, the other 2 chunes are pretty dope aswell.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-04 14:09:46

working 9-5 mon - fri now so there's gona be less time for me to update everyone on here, i'll try and keep checking it as often as possible though :) everyone have a twisty funkadelic weekend somin a little different

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-05 12:47:46

At 3/4/11 02:09 PM, Fim wrote: working 9-5 mon - fri now so there's gona be less time for me to update everyone on here,

Ahhh well, as long as it doesn't get in the way of your raving, s'all good. I'll b sure to keep this place alive.

somin a little different

Ehhhh, not my cup of tea. But hey, each to their own.

I've been digging 2006-09 stuff from Sukh Knight, Jakes and Chimpo lately.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-05 12:57:44

Three of my mates went to the drum and bass awards in Birmingham yesterday. Pretty jealous, but the sets will probably end up on dnbshare so I guess it's not a total fail on my part.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-05 14:53:31

Sweet, I'm gonna see Tomba, as well as Torqux & Twist this April. Are they any good live?

New tune: Yag

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-05 17:07:46

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-06 12:19:36

At 3/5/11 02:53 PM, Syztm wrote: Sweet, I'm gonna see Tomba, as well as Torqux & Twist this April. Are they any good live?

I can imagine Tomba being alright live, can't really say much about T&T, I only have like one song.

At 3/5/11 05:07 PM, Rallard wrote: I'm sorry.

The weird thing is that I agree with him about dubstep becoming "noisy for noisy sake", but Rusko is hardly one to talk after his sellout ways.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-06 13:10:51

At 3/3/11 04:56 PM, Bendt wrote: Started listening to a new genre, dubstep is getting boring.. :p

The thing about dubstep isn't that it's boring, it's that it's being overused, like a lot, and it's getting monotonous, rather than boring.
The thing I've really gotten into recently is ragga infused dnb, it's pretty sweeeeet.