00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,675 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-27 09:28:43

At 1/26/11 09:46 PM, Fim wrote: Aye, for a 2 day festival that line up is looking a bit bare :P What they have atm looks pretty decent, Dj Hype is an absolute legend, he is the godfather of drum&bass.

Hahaha, there better fucking be more artists announced! :P

I'm reaaaally hoping to go outlook this year, but I have 2 main problems, the first being money, and the second being I have a horrible fear of flying, and the festival's in Croatia :/

Damnnnnn that line up looks incredible! That line up alone is worth conquering your fear of flying! Perhaps you could get the train down? Suppose that will conflict with your money issue as it is, hahaha

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-28 00:33:52

The rave I'm going to is getting a progressively more awesome lineup.

Looking a little weak in the dubstep department so far, but DnB is looking good (dirtyphonics and netsky).

Will provide a lineup once it's available, but yeah, I'm getting more and more pumped for this shit.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-28 07:11:19

At 1/27/11 09:28 AM, Jon wrote:
I'm reaaaally hoping to go outlook this year, but I have 2 main problems, the first being money, and the second being I have a horrible fear of flying, and the festival's in Croatia :/
Damnnnnn that line up looks incredible! That line up alone is worth conquering your fear of flying! Perhaps you could get the train down? Suppose that will conflict with your money issue as it is, hahaha

I think it's the dubstep equivalent of glastonbury, mala, skream, benga, silkie, n-type, distance, ikonika, goth trad, flux pavilion, benny page, pharaohe monch, foreign beggars, d double e, p money, congo natty, commix, alix perez, mungos hi-hi and icicle.. and that's only personal highlights for me!

I think to get a flight it would be 130ish, but if I got a train which is the pussy-scared-of-flying equivilant, it would be around 90 to get from Manchester to Paris, then a further 220 (one way) to Zagreb (Croatia's capital), then 30 to get to the festival :/

Logistically it would make more sense to fly, but if I go by train I would get to see more of Europe, and I'd arrive in Croatia excited instead of a nervous wreck.

At 1/28/11 12:33 AM, Rallard wrote:
Looking a little weak in the dubstep department so far, but DnB is looking good (dirtyphonics and netsky).

netsky is le shit live :)

sick dnb shotgun riddim! Phace & Misanthrop - Desert Orgy

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-28 13:33:50

At 1/26/11 10:24 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'd like to get suggestions of stuff that would be somewhat similar to what Skrillex does. A kind of mix of Electro and Dubstep. K thx bros!

Thanks for not helping me out :)

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-28 13:44:45

At 1/28/11 01:33 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 1/26/11 10:24 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'd like to get suggestions of stuff that would be somewhat similar to what Skrillex does. A kind of mix of Electro and Dubstep. K thx bros!
Thanks for not helping me out :)

seems like all I do on here is recommend people shit who never return to the topic haha, and to be honest, electro was never really my cup of tea. They are 2 very different dance music genres, but I guess if you're into the more electronic side of dubstep check out, Ikonika, & Zomby.

Hope that helps

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-28 13:47:02

At 1/28/11 01:33 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Thanks for not helping me out :)

did I do it right?

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-28 16:05:19

Here's a few tracks I've enjoyed recently:
Bad Company UK - Bullet Time (Spore Remix)
Upbeats - SFX
Skynet - Night Raiders
Gridlok - Radar

I seem to be preferring the DnB type stuff with a decent tempo. I'm glad I branched out musically, because now I've found a totally different genre from what I'm used to that I love.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-29 09:49:42

At 1/28/11 04:05 PM, Dean wrote:
I seem to be preferring the DnB type stuff with a decent tempo. I'm glad I branched out musically, because now I've found a totally different genre from what I'm used to that I love.

yoooo! That's sick!! It's mad because I know what sort of music you were into before and this, and this is something completely at the other end of the musical spectrum. Them tunes are sick, I would recommend this http://www.mediafire.com/?ajlglygmgn1 I cant find the torrent for disc1, but this is without a doubt one the best dnb albums I own, this album was probably the biggest single thing that got me into drum and bass.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-29 10:51:23

At 1/29/11 09:49 AM, Fim wrote: yoooo! That's sick!! It's mad because I know what sort of music you were into before and this, and this is something completely at the other end of the musical spectrum.

Yea, going from early British hardcore punk and 80's type metal to this is quite the change. I think it's all down to the fast bass though. Music I favour tends to have fast bass lines, so I guess this is why I've taken a liking to the genre.

Them tunes are sick, I would recommend this http://www.mediafire.com/?ajlglygmgn1 I cant find the torrent for disc1, but this is without a doubt one the best dnb albums I own, this album was probably the biggest single thing that got me into drum and bass.

A lot of the tracks from disk one are on Youtube I found. Not the best way of listening to music, but it does the trick.

Another artist that I've found to be pretty awesome is Spor. Once you get a minute into Ignition and it kicks off, it's a great song. A few people I know have already been commenting on how drastic my sudden change in music has been. They still can't get over what I've started listening to.

I guess I have you to thank for this Fim. It was you that got me into this stuff to begin with. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-30 14:03:14

At 1/29/11 09:49 AM, Fim wrote:

420 ;)

Stencherella

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-31 11:06:03

At 1/30/11 02:03 PM, Bendt wrote:
At 1/29/11 09:49 AM, Fim wrote:
420 ;)

Stencherella

hrehe that's old as the hills that one! Bit of a tune still,
&fmt=18

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-01-31 11:31:29

OHHHH SHIT.

So pumped right now, a month and a half to go...

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 07:41:30

At 1/31/11 11:31 AM, Rallard wrote: OHHHH SHIT.

Looking leeean, however much I categorically disagree with the brostep concept, I can't deny datsik does an indisputably tight live set, netsky and noisia are veterans of drum and bass, aaand I'd also check out fresh and jakwob, I am mildly jealous of you. That's a lot of talent for one event.

I feel like I've not updated in a while, and I want to say it's very encouraging to see so much fresh interest in the group.

Recent plug has got to be Girl Unit, the guy's the most original thing to come along in a while showstoppa, and I know I've posted this one here before but it's worth doing so again wut

Also, new shit from Emalkay massive

and I'm listening to a lot of the old burial shit thesedays, it really puts you in a bubble, and I think you can tell burial makes this kind of music to be the soundtrack to derelict urban grey days in england, 1, 2

AAAAAnnd drawing to a close, this week im gona finally buy my outlook ticket. I'm not over hyping it when I say it looks like it's gona be THE best bass music festival of the year, it's a long while away but I will keep you posted on how immeasurable awesome it will be.

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 11:29:33

At 2/2/11 07:41 AM, Fim wrote: Looking leeean, however much I categorically disagree with the brostep concept, I can't deny datsik does an indisputably tight live set, netsky and noisia are veterans of drum and bass, aaand I'd also check out fresh and jakwob, I am mildly jealous of you. That's a lot of talent for one event.

Well you got to remember I live in the U.S, so names like these are kind of a big deal.

Not to mention that's just the second stage out of five (guessing #5 will be VIP only, that's what they usually do). Infected Mushrooms live seems to be the headliner of the main stage at this point, which is much better than some faggy Above&Beyond trance shit.

I'm not sure who I'll see or not see just yet, because a lot depends on the time slots. Such is the downside of multiple stages. :(

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 11:45:26

Fucking BBS Ban

At 1/30/11 02:03 PM, Bendt wrote: Stencherella

I like this track, would prefer the wobbles to be bassier though, that's just me :P

At 1/31/11 11:06 AM, Fim wrote: hrehe that's old as the hills that one! Bit of a tune still,
&fmt=18

Hopefully it was the upload quality, thought this track was a bit meh :(. Emalkay's only decent one seems to be When I Look At You, heh.

Did you listen to the Skream / Benga Vs Zane Lowe clash? They dropped a VIP of Funtcase's Make Our Day, pretty tight.

At 2/2/11 07:41 AM, Fim wrote: AAAAAnnd drawing to a close, this week im gona finally buy my outlook ticket. I'm not over hyping it when I say it looks like it's gona be THE best bass music festival of the year, it's a long while away but I will keep you posted on how immeasurable awesome it will be.

Aye, Outlook like it's gonna be fuckin' incredible man. VERY jealous of you. Which DJ's are you most looking forward to?

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 11:47:16

I once pissed datsik off when i saw him live here in belgium, not one of my best memories. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 11:48:47

At 2/2/11 11:47 AM, Bendt wrote: I once pissed datsik off when i saw him live here in belgium, not one of my best memories. :/

What did you do?

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 11:55:04

At 2/2/11 11:48 AM, Jon wrote:
At 2/2/11 11:47 AM, Bendt wrote: I once pissed datsik off when i saw him live here in belgium, not one of my best memories. :/
What did you do?

i was really really drunk, but during his set he staged dived and he passed above me and apparantly i took his hat and tried to make a run for it.
he pushed me and i gave it back.

i don't remember tho, friends told me.

i died a little inside when they told me :/

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 15:38:39

At 2/2/11 07:41 AM, Fim wrote: this week im gona finally buy my outlook ticket.

Glad to hear you finally set your mind on going. It looks like it should be damn good fun. What method of transportation will you be opting for?

I've not actually been listening to much Dubstep or DnB recently. I've went back to 80's metal for now. It's mainly because I struggle to find a lot of the good DnB stuff on Spotify.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 16:38:57

At 2/2/11 03:38 PM, Dean wrote: I struggle to find a lot of the good DnB stuff on Spotify.

It's hard to because a lot of the artists are either unsigned or on very small labels. I find mos of my DnB by subscribing to a few Youtube channels who upload new tracks daily.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 16:55:51

At 2/2/11 04:38 PM, Jon wrote: I find mos of my DnB by subscribing to a few Youtube channels who upload new tracks daily.

Yea, I guess. I tend to use YouTube for listening to this sort of stuff too, but it's not exactly the most practical method, unless you come across a decent play list.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 17:23:37

At 2/2/11 11:45 AM, Jon wrote:
Did you listen to the Skream / Benga Vs Zane Lowe clash? They dropped a VIP of Funtcase's Make Our Day, pretty tight.

checking that out now..

Aye, Outlook like it's gonna be fuckin' incredible man. VERY jealous of you. Which DJ's are you most looking forward to?

I'm most looking forward to just being in croatia :) The venue is an abandoned fort in a island off the coast of Pula, and from what I see it looks picaresque. It's a massive line up to pick from, but I guess those who I have high expectations for are Mala, Loefah, Distance, Goth Trad, Benny Page & Girl Unit :) It's gona be a chance to check out soooo many artists I've never seen before in such a short space of time!

haha at least it's a loose claim to fame! It's fine, he probably tours a lot and does a lot of shows, he probably won't even remember it.

At 2/2/11 03:38 PM, Dean wrote: Glad to hear you finally set your mind on going. It looks like it should be damn good fun. What method of transportation will you be opting for?

I'm going to get the sunshine bus from Manchester, it's better than paying a fortune on a train, although it would be nice to explore Europe it would set me back about £400, and plus of course I would never fly :P Altogether it's £145 for the return coach, and £120 for the ticket which is still pretty decent value.

I've not actually been listening to much Dubstep or DnB recently. I've went back to 80's metal for now. It's mainly because I struggle to find a lot of the good DnB stuff on Spotify.

I think you said you preffered the deeper, basseir stuff :) check these =

At 2/2/11 04:38 PM, Jon wrote:
At 2/2/11 03:38 PM, Dean wrote: I struggle to find a lot of the good DnB stuff on Spotify.
It's hard to because a lot of the artists are either unsigned or on very small labels. I find mos of my DnB by subscribing to a few Youtube channels who upload new tracks daily.

yeh we were checking spotify before and they didn't even have any DJ Hype :/

Butcher & Hoax - Silent Strike
The Funktion - Direct Order
DJ Hazard - Busted (DJ Hype remix)
Noisia and Phace - Cannonball
DJ Fresh - Heavyweight

Let me know what ya think Dean!!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-02 17:39:31

At 2/2/11 05:23 PM, Fim wrote: I'm going to get the sunshine bus from Manchester, it's better than paying a fortune on a train, although it would be nice to explore Europe it would set me back about £400, and plus of course I would never fly :P Altogether it's £145 for the return coach, and £120 for the ticket which is still pretty decent value.

Have you got someone going with you on the bus? Always makes things easier, especially on the long distance drives. Being able to make stops all over Europe on the way would be cool, but like you say it would cost a fortune.

Let me know what ya think Dean!!

I just had a quick skim through the tracks because I'm watching Sons of Anarchy, but I'll give them a full listen over at some point soon.

Yea, you seem to have hit the nail on the head with these tracks. Going by other styles of tracks that I've listened to from these selection of genres, it's definitely been the songs like these that I prefer. I need speed and a strong bass line. I guess it's just because it's something in common with the other genres I'm more used to. I can't say that there were any tracks there I disliked.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-04 09:35:18

At 2/2/11 05:39 PM, Dean wrote: Yea, you seem to have hit the nail on the head with these tracks. Going by other styles of tracks that I've listened to from these selection of genres, it's definitely been the songs like these that I prefer. I need speed and a strong bass line. I guess it's just because it's something in common with the other genres I'm more used to. I can't say that there were any tracks there I disliked.

glad to hear it mate!!

keep dubstep in your weekends everybody! Have a good un

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-04 12:31:53

Been digging Submotion Orchestra lately, specifically this track.

They're at Outlook too! So that'll be fun for you, Fim.

NASS Festival I'm going to this year, Netsky, Crissy Criss and Breakage have been added to the DnB Arena. So pretty pumped for that.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 12:12:02

At 2/4/11 12:31 PM, Jon wrote: Been digging Submotion Orchestra lately, specifically this track.

They're at Outlook too! So that'll be fun for you, Fim.

NASS Festival I'm going to this year, Netsky, Crissy Criss and Breakage have been added to the DnB Arena. So pretty pumped for that.

That's some top tier drum&bass masters there! Netsky especially for me.

Found this, it is indeed a funny fun Halifax Dubstep

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 16:05:49

..and by the way, I was at a party with skream last night :D

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 18:20:42

At 2/6/11 04:05 PM, Fim wrote: ..and by the way, I was at a party with skream last night :D

I hate you.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 18:22:33

..tell us more.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-02-06 18:45:20

Could be going to this event, but my mates too scared about getting stabbed in london. true story.