00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dieswyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club

75,630 Views | 619 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-25 22:42:55

Still haven't seen Netsky play live, but to be honest it's difficult to find time to get to dnb events these days. SO MUCH UNI WORK. I'll have to make it up over summer after I've finished my degree, which will make it all the more glorious.

Plus I might start trying to get on my friend's decks a bit more often. It'd be pretty cool to be able to mix a few tunes. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-29 18:57:59

At 3/24/11 02:44 PM, Fim wrote: Burial - Stolen Dog
Burial - Street Halo

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by hyperdub.
Sorry about that.

Boo.

Searched up other videos, it sounds pretty damn tight! Stolen Dog sounds hauntingly euphoric. I always always seem to miss the radio shows where they introduce awesome new shit.

At 3/25/11 10:42 PM, NEVR wrote: Still haven't seen Netsky play live, but to be honest it's difficult to find time to get to dnb events these days. SO MUCH UNI WORK. I'll have to make it up over summer after I've finished my degree, which will make it all the more glorious.

I can't wait to see Netsky, I'm seeing him at NASS Festival later this year. I know how you feel about never making time for dnb events. I hate the constant battle between nights out and work! The latter always seems to bite you in the ass.

Plus I might start trying to get on my friend's decks a bit more often. It'd be pretty cool to be able to mix a few tunes. :)

You should get on it! Mixing is always fun when you're messing around. Are they vinyd, CDJ's or MIDI decks?

Also, here's some sick Jump Up DB for you guys (Neil Badboy & DJ Raz - The Master (Nightwalker Remix))
Drop at 1:01

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-30 07:46:05

At 3/29/11 06:57 PM, Jon wrote: I can't wait to see Netsky, I'm seeing him at NASS Festival later this year. I know how you feel about never making time for dnb events. I hate the constant battle between nights out and work! The latter always seems to bite you in the ass.

I used to get out a fair bit over the last 2 years, but this year it's pretty impossible. It sucks penis, but I'm gonna get out a lot more over summer so it's kewl I'll make up for it then

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-30 18:02:40

At 3/30/11 07:46 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/29/11 06:57 PM, Jon wrote: I can't wait to see Netsky, I'm seeing him at NASS Festival later this year. I know how you feel about never making time for dnb events. I hate the constant battle between nights out and work! The latter always seems to bite you in the ass.
I used to get out a fair bit over the last 2 years, but this year it's pretty impossible. It sucks penis, but I'm gonna get out a lot more over summer so it's kewl I'll make up for it then

Ayyyye I'm like you man, I'm 5 weeks into my job and I can't believe the extent to which it has impacted my social calender, I tend to only be able to go out on fri / saturdays atm ;(( I'm trying to orgonise alot of different shit for the summer when my contract finishes, I've already got croatia booked, but hopefully I'll get a lot of festival work during august like I managed last year. I'm gona make up for being a office slug now ;) definitely sucks not being able to go out as much as I'd like.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-03-31 13:51:03

What the shitting hell rabbit?? KoRn are making dubstep now???? http://www.facebook.com/korn/posts/10150 197246415761

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-03 12:29:19

At 4/2/11 08:52 AM, 2dpolygon wrote: JUNGLE IS MASSIVE!!

BULLIT BULLIT

I'll just re-illiterate some shit here for yall since I probably won't get a chance to update here during the week, but basically..

korn have decided that they make dubstep now
DNB CHUN (Icicle - Top Of The Page)
and last night, I went to an awesomely filmed illegal rave. That video there doesn't really do it justice, must have been about 2000 people there.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-04 05:33:21

At 4/3/11 12:29 PM, Fim wrote:
and last night, I went to an awesomely filmed illegal rave. That video there doesn't really do it justice, must have been about 2000 people there.

Dear god that must've been amazing.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-08 12:51:31

Dam you guys bein slow this week!

If you live in england you'll know it's been gorgeous outside and made me whip out some of the summery anthems! Enjoy your weekends everybody! :) Dom HZ & Synkro - Dub Trippin'

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-08 13:22:23

Hey, I'm fairly new to dubstep, but I really like the more mellow style. Anyway, by far my favorite artist is Silkie. For those not familiar with him, here are some of his best tunes.

Silkie - I Sed
Silkie - Concrete Jungle
Silkie - Dam 4

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-09 01:56:23

For you Ontario bassheads, check out BHC FREE DUBSTEP THURSDAYS at Lotus Lounge in Ottawa every thursday, free cover, massive turnups. Ill be playing there at end of month, come check. Also DUBSTEP SATURDAYS every sat, contact me if you are interested in dubstep/DnB shows in MTL, OTTAWA, or TORONTO :D

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-14 14:38:13

reposting this because it's ill Starkey - Spacewalk.

Hope you're all doing fabulous

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-15 20:53:05

So, the new Original Sin EP is fucking epic.

good sound system is required :P

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-17 16:16:57

At 4/15/11 08:53 PM, Jon wrote: So, the new Original Sin EP is fucking epic.

good sound system is required :P

oohhh link me!

I was on a chilled liquid dnb hype throughout today :) nothing beats strolling round a beautiful city in the sun listening to that as my soundtrack.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-18 06:08:00

At 4/17/11 04:16 PM, Fim wrote: oohhh link me!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IRE8VLL5
wubwubwub

I was on a chilled liquid dnb hype throughout today :) nothing beats strolling round a beautiful city in the sun listening to that as my soundtrack.

I agree, liquid DnB is incredible for this reason, it's just so relaxing and feel-good.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-20 16:13:24

At 4/18/11 06:08 AM, Jon wrote:
At 4/17/11 04:16 PM, Fim wrote: oohhh link me!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IRE8VLL5
wubwubwub

yummmmy. Digested that EP over the past few days at work, really solid stuff.

More from this guy, it's a really relaxed tight one Synkro - Viewpoint

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-25 08:54:04

little d&b nugget for you :) krushed & sorted - king of the swingers

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-25 21:15:01

Lemme bring this from the dead ^^

Did anyone hear Nero's new single, 'Guilt'? It's pretty good is what it is, Not better than Innocence, mind you, but Still very good nonetheless.
The basses are pretty average though.

OK, So epic dubstep contest, who would win?

Nero, Mt.Eden Dubstep & Doorly vs. Bar9, Skream and Breakage.

My vote goes to Team 1 :P

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-27 18:54:37

At 4/25/11 09:15 PM, Decibel wrote: Nero, Mt.Eden Dubstep & Doorly vs. Bar9, Skream and Breakage.

Dude wat.

Just looked up Breakage and Doorly because I wasn't familiar with them, and Breakage is pretty damn bad from what I've found. I also think Mt Eden is painful to listen to, so at this point the score is tied.

However, Skream is amazing. Bar9 is good too. So I'll go with them.

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-28 06:56:50

Prays you're not being serious
At 4/25/11 09:15 PM, Decibel wrote: Did anyone hear Nero's new single, 'Guilt'? It's pretty good is what it is, Not better than Innocence, mind you, but Still very good nonetheless.

To be honest, I don't usually dig Nero - but I am REALLY digging the Guilt VIP. I think it's much better than the original + it's hyping me up for NASS festival later this year.

The basses are pretty average though.

OK, So epic dubstep contest, who would win?

Erh, out of those, Skream alone, haha.

I feel like I've abandoned you guys by being so busy lately! I'll find some new tracks today and post them for y'all.

Anyone hear about Jakes having 20 dubplates leaked? He's vowed never to give a track away to DJ's again, hahaha.

hello

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-28 08:42:36

At 4/20/11 04:13 PM, Fim wrote: More from this guy, it's a really relaxed tight one Synkro - Viewpoint

Seriously loving anything like this at the moment. moar plz if you know any

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-04-28 14:12:14

At 4/25/11 09:15 PM, Decibel wrote:

Despite this being a matter of taste, I'd side with Skream and Breakage as I have a burning hatred for Mt. Eden and Nero hasn't been consistent during the past few years.

At 4/28/11 06:56 AM, Jon wrote:
I feel like I've abandoned you guys by being so busy lately! I'll find some new tracks today and post them for y'all.

I know the feeling brodem :) although I'm loving the fact I've had 2 consecutive 4 day weekends :)) I'm sure my social life never used to be this boring before I started full time work haha

Anyone hear about Jakes having 20 dubplates leaked? He's vowed never to give a track away to DJ's again, hahaha.

rofl wofl

At 4/28/11 08:42 AM, SineRider wrote:
Seriously loving anything like this at the moment. moar plz if you know any

gahhhh I cant think off the top of me head.. generally I think you'd be better off sticking with Synkro he really knows what he's doing when it comes to the chilled relaxed side of dub.
Synkro - Tell Me
Phaeleh - Lounge
Burial - Stolen Dog

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-06 16:20:51

new Joker shit

old Skream shit

havagud weekend yall

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-08 19:37:43

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-10 14:34:16

At 5/8/11 07:37 PM, Bendt wrote: here are some glitchy tracks 4u. ;)

I'm feelin this glitch genre tbh, I can't remember if it's you who recommended me that paper diamond album but I've been listening to that pretty regularly tis good shit.

this new benga bannana is so fresh the skin is still green

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-10 18:37:18

At 5/10/11 02:34 PM, Fim wrote:

Yes that was me, glitch is becoming the 'new thing'.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-11 11:05:51

At 5/10/11 06:37 PM, Bendt wrote:
At 5/10/11 02:34 PM, Fim wrote:

sorry that came out wrong,
don't follow the bandwagon guys.
listen to what you want :d
Lokid - Bad to be good

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-11 14:30:27

Just got tickets for a rave in July. Seems like so far it's leaning towards dubstep, which is good with me.

Doctor P and Flux Pavillion confirmed so far. Come at me haters

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-13 11:26:30

arkist - fill your coffee
"ahhh I love the finding good music"

At 5/11/11 11:05 AM, Bendt wrote:
sorry that came out wrong,

nah I get what you mean, dubstep's definitely been standardised and cloned too much, it takes a lot to surprise me now. Although technically I think that glitch pre-dates dubstep by a couple of years.

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-13 11:31:25

At 5/13/11 11:26 AM, Fim wrote: arkist - fill your coffee
"ahhh I love the finding good music"

"I love finding good music"

I'm having a grammar spaz attack mwuah

BBS Signature

Response to Jungle/dubstep/dn b Club 2011-05-13 20:53:19

Fabric was crazy last night, it was a charity event featuring Hospital and Shogun. Friction absolutely smashed it!

BBS Signature