00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KaelousPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

540,183 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-15 15:33:29

At 1/15/05 09:13 AM, gfoxcook wrote: You used the past tense (2.0), but it still says 1.6 on the NGL page. Is 2.0 ready or isn't it?

Somebody hasn't been reading my NGLister thread. :-P I can't get my VPN client working here at home, so I can't gain access to my school server. So I uploaded the file at http://www.retrogade.com/nglister2.zip until I get back to school.

I'm talking about liljim's plans to change profiles in massive ways, some of which Yoink hinted at by saying there would be FLASH in our profile. Flash. Not just images and text. Can you think of a way to code NG Lister to pull stat data from a FLASH file that displays numbers? Because I can't. That would basically render NGL and NGG incapable of functioning.

Well, how could they compile hundreds of thousands of Flash files every day? They couldn't, so they're probably going to embed some variables containing the necessary information into the PHP file. At least, that's what I'm betting on. Always gotta look at the bright side of things. ;-)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-15 18:06:57

At 1/15/05 09:13 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

. If anyone is doing what Recon says they are, please STOP IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

I dont think anyone well not anyone i know is doing what Recon seems to be pointing at, im sure if people are just spamming the bbs the mods will find them and take propper action where they see fit, oh well heh that silly recon...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-15 18:11:33

At 1/15/05 06:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 1/15/05 09:13 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
. If anyone is doing what Recon says they are, please STOP IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Huh, what is this about? I don't getwhat you 'caps'ing about?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-15 23:14:13

At 1/15/05 06:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I dont think anyone well not anyone i know is doing what Recon seems to be pointing at, im sure if people are just spamming the bbs the mods will find them and take propper action.

That's all fine and dandy ~X~, but what if some of the people I'm reffering to happen to be mods? I highly doubt they'll ban themselves. They make stupid three or four word posts (usually in general) then turn around and ban other users for doing the exact same thing (hypocrisy at it's finest). The only way to avoid this ridiculous situation is to suck up and kiss their ass. Funny thing is people don't seem to have a problem with that.

So much for self respect.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-16 10:08:16

At 1/14/05 01:38 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: ya all the post whores are in general and some in c&c like SCD and yoink ROFL...

You sir will get a punch in the fat face.

At 1/15/05 08:33 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Means nothing? You mean it doesn't matter if you're congratted in advance or on time, right? I would hope it would mean SOMETHING. #;-}>

You always twist my words. You know what it meant to me, i loved it.

Ah, I see. Yeah, well, at least your heart sinking situation didn't last TOO wrong, since you saw yourself on the list not too long after that. :::nods::: You're quite welcome.

Yes, the temporary sink was good, because the high after it was cool.

Thanks to YOU, BTW, for the shout out in your 10k thread on General. I just read the post in your posthistory, but I'm not going to post in the thread, at least not right now.

No bother man, you guys keep me coming back to this site almost everyday (i was drunk yesterday so i forgot to deposit) especially all the lists here in Wi/Ht? Its quite addicting trying to better yourself.

And even MORE thanks for spending your 9999th post in here to reply to me. I personally find that quite touching. Never had a 9999th post directed at me in one of my list topics before. (sniff)

*Hands Geefocks a hanky* Well i wont be doing it again, so i guess it was kind of important, but better here than in General i thought.

Well, this list will always be here in its shorter form for you if you ever manage to hit 10k in another stat. I'm sure you'll make it to 10k exp or blams someday, so there ya go... Your 10k posts will still help you when that day comes.

I think i will hit ten thousand blams in about 2 years, so its probably best i try and get 10k experience :)

I only wish I'd gotten the 9999 screenie. :::takes a 10000 one instead::: #;-}>

(damn but yer name is superwide when taking screenies O_O)

Yeah, my name is quite big, lol, but i love it. I never even got myself a 9999 post either, i wonder why i forgot, silly bugger i am.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-16 10:19:56

At 1/15/05 11:14 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: That's all fine and dandy ~X~, but what if some of the people I'm reffering to happen to be mods? I highly doubt they'll ban themselves. They make stupid three or four word posts (usually in general) then turn around and ban other users for doing the exact same thing (hypocrisy at it's finest). The only way to avoid this ridiculous situation is to suck up and kiss their ass. Funny thing is people don't seem to have a problem with that.

Aww i see what ya mean and i have seen certain mods do this and ya its wrong but we are the users and i doubt we can do anything about it, but i know what you mean...

SCD sorry man that was a joke ROFL you are anything but a spammer i was joking, you are one of the few that makes some good points whne posting...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-16 13:26:31

At 1/15/05 09:07 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

Do I have to give you the same speech about it being okay to talk about EITHER of my lists in either of my list topics, like I did for EKR? Silly. #;-}>

I almost missed that sentence (I skip a lot of parts) :D Silly EKR :)

At 1/13/05 09:16 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
Well, sorry about the slight shortfall of 20k, but come on... it's not like yer far away from that mark. And who can complain about shooting up +60 and into the top 100, anyway? #;-}> Damn straight top 100 is good enough.

I knew that I would fall short if I didn't spam (I didn't) but I still hoped that the update would happen later :). Anyway, you are right. Top100 is a good start. If there is another update, I will probably pass a few people but someone like gooch (I don't remember how close he is from 10000 blams) could get a huge increase and pass me. grrr

From now on, PERHAPS, it will be a list for people who have 10k for 2 or more stats, yes. But I never said this past update was POSITIVELY the last. I said it very well MAY be. It's all up to the NG administration and when the profile changes come down and how they come down for that matter.

It's good to know. mmm.. if the list is still easy to implement because the changes aren't done yet or that they don't make it more difficult for you then you will continue until the list becomes too huge (over 500 users included or less?), right? Or will you move on and only consider the doublelisted users no matter what happens? At least one thing is certain, you will switch to the doublelisted ranking. The only question is when :)

Making the list isn't a problem. Getting the DATA for the list the way it is now without a program and without spending tons of time on it is the problem. I don't think you understood quite what I said: not only are our profiles about to change in a big way, but the admins are probably going to ask/somehow enforce that programs such as SK's and Denvish's aren't used anymore once NG official lists expand to cover tons more stats and tons more ground (beyond top 50s). Meaning all user-run lists will revert to MANUALLY looking through profiles for data.

bleh manually? That would a pain in the ass and we also lose cool stats like the average of a certain amount of users, the amount of users over x number, the paces during a x period of time, etc. :( Unfortunately, these lists won't include as much information as the current ones made by NG fans and statswhores :( unless Lijim (and the other admins) have a lot of surprises for us.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-16 21:02:23

At 1/16/05 08:59 PM, Hycran wrote: i am at 14883
and im not on teh list
or anywhere near the lower levels of it either

That was the old way to make the list.
Now,
you need 10000 pts in AT LEAST one stat to be part of that list. For example, I'm there because I have over10000 blams.

It doesn't matter how high is your total :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 00:56:01

At 1/17/05 12:06 AM, Hycran wrote: so if you are a post whore or blam whore
you can get on the list

Blamming 10000 entries isn't that difficult. Protecting 10000 is a huge challenge though. Both take a lot of time and dedication but they are the easiest stats to increase.

As for posts and reviews... whore it up :O

but if you actually have responsibilities in real life
you cant
where is the justice?

Well, it will take you a while but you could certainly get there with your experience after a long period of depositing and it doesn't drain that much "real life" time. The only problem is that gfoxcook might change the requirements: soon, everyone might be obliged to be doublelisted (two stats at 10000 or over) to enter this list :(

I have no idea when it will happen but it will certainly happen in the future unless Gfoxcook drops it completely but that's doubtful right now. Of course, it will be different situation in 5 years...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 05:47:06

At 1/12/05 08:26 AM, gfoxcook wrote: stuff

blah be easier to make 10000 post than save guess i fall off list soon :P

At 1/12/05 08:31 AM, gfoxcook wrote: January 12 2005
Rank - Exp - Blams - Saves - Posts - Reviews -- Total | Username
==================================================
032.) 05900 - 16496 - 06908 - 01913 - 00349 - 31566 | Denvish +8
033.) 05545 - 18736 - 07089 - 00170 - 00001 - 31541 | Syme +1

ooooooo :::turns red::: taht makes me mad :P

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 08:43:32

First off...

http://home.houston.rr.com/gfoxcook/

CHECK IT OUT, FOLKS. The pentalist is fully web-ready. That's LAST week's update, so don't be expecting fresh data, but still... there's plenty there to wow and amaze and delight you, so dive in and enjoy. Let me know what you think in here, okay? Thanks.

At 1/17/05 12:06 AM, Hycran wrote:
At 1/16/05 09:02 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 1/16/05 08:59 PM, Hycran wrote: i am at 14883
and im not on teh list
or anywhere near the lower levels of it either
That was the old way to make the list.
Now,
you need 10000 pts in AT LEAST one stat to be part of that list. For example, I'm there because I have over10000 blams.

It doesn't matter how high is your total :)

It NEVER mattered, EKR. Where on earth did you get the idea that it did? This has ALWAYS been a list of people with 10,000+ in at least ONE specific stat. It's just what stats have been included that have changed over the year+ the list has run.

Do you never read the list history I post with every single update of the list? Sheesh. #;-}>

Combined total over 10k has never been a requirement for this list, and it's the most common error noobs make when entering the topic for the first time: thinking they should be on it because their total is > 10,000.

so if you are a post whore or blam whore
you can get on the list
but if you actually have responsibilities in real life
you cant

where is the justice?

It's just a list, dude. Not the right to breathe air or something. O_o

So justice kinda doesn't enter into it. And actually, I'd prefer if you weren't a blam OR post whore to get onto this list. The best ways are by exp and saves. Or reviews, as long as they're not spammy ones.

Exp takes time and patience, saves takes time and a positive outlook on the portal, and reviews take... shitloads of time + effort + insanity. As such, it's the one stat of the five on this list that I shall probably never hit 10k in.

Anywho, I may catch up in here later today (or maybe not, we'll see), but I noticed Hycran's posts and EKR's misinformation about the requirements for this list in the past, so I needed to reply to that one post, at least.

So anyway, don't forget, peoples: Check out the new pentalist website!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 09:40:47

I really like what you did with the list.
The color coding works really well.
It looks real nice.
I recently changed hosts for my list. I think I may do a little overhaul on how it looks if I get the time.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 09:42:39

At 1/17/05 08:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: http://home.houston.rr.com/gfoxcook/

Omfg gfox O_O i love you

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 10:42:19

At 1/17/05 08:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: First off...

Looks great. I particularly like that there's room for a CHG column now. The colour coding looks fine in IE for me, although I would like to see the Total column something other than white ... maybe use that purple colour for it?

Denvish (whatever the hell name he's using now) mentioned something about the text on top being a bit too small, and I concur. Leave the default text at size="1", so you don't mess up the rest of the page, but change the introductory paragraphs to include a size="2" tag. Personally, I prefer align="justify", but that's just me =)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 11:29:00

At 1/17/05 08:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: http://home.houston.rr.com/gfoxcook:

Good job. I see that the list also used to be triplelisted.

At 1/17/05 12:06 AM, Hycran wrote:
It NEVER mattered, EKR. Where on earth did you get the idea that it did? This has ALWAYS been a list of people with 10,000+ in at least ONE specific stat. It's just what stats have been included that have changed over the year+ the list has run.

Checking the quadlist on page 21. At least, now I know that the total never mattered... the total of b/p pts mattered :O I remember reading a many times something about a combined stat and bumped users because the requirements weren't the same... I misundertood how it was combined. bleh

Do you never read the list history I post with every single update of the list? Sheesh. #;-}>

I skipped some words.

Combined total over 10k has never been a requirement for this list, and it's the most common error noobs make when entering the topic for the first time: thinking they should be on it because their total is > 10,000.

Forgive me, I'm a noob.

It's just a list, dude. Not the right to breathe air or something. O_o

I wouldn't survive without that list. Don't listen to Gfox, that list can change your life! :O :P

<S...a....r....c...a...s...m...>

So justice kinda doesn't enter into it. And actually, I'd prefer if you weren't a blam OR post whore to get onto this list. The best ways are by exp and saves. Or reviews, as long as they're not spammy ones.

I thought that blamming was very important for the portal. You typed it yourself :)

People shouldn't be ashamed to blam total crap. Keeping that crap out of here is good for the reputation of NG, it keeps more space for the good submissions (they have enough but bad submissions are still a waste a space, nobody wants to watch these submissions anyway) and it COULD (or not...) give a better reputation to the underjudgement process (we all know how much it was criticized).

The only thing that it really important in the portal is too vote fairly. End.
A save whore is as bad as a blam whore if he never (or rarely) votes fairly...

Exp takes time and patience, saves takes time and a positive outlook on the portal, and reviews take... shitloads of time + effort + insanity. As such, it's the one stat of the five on this list that I shall probably never hit 10k in.

Indeed :) As long as you aren't abusing the b/p system/submitting system to get more saves or abusing the reviewing system then it's all good :)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 12:28:50

Well, since it seems gfox had gone mad over his new little penta-webpage I should go and check it out. Just because I love him so much. =D

Very nice work gfox. So now that it is on a website are you still going to slice it down to only double-listed? Probably yes. Well it seems you've gotten everything in order, including some very nice work hunting down all of those archieves and sorting them and such. Good job. ^_^

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 13:11:31

Nice list on your site GFOX, i like how that one color yellow reresents yellow haha, anyways nice job, you still going to post the list here also right?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 16:30:30

I just caught wind of the site for the pentilist from another thread. And omfg! It is awesome. *Bookmarks*.

It is layed out perfectly... even I can understand it. Can you believe that, me... i fully get it. Just reading through the whole list explained things i never got before. I had no i dea wh yyou guys referred to it as the pentilist.. now i get!

Anyway, i know i said good job i nthe other thread, but i wanted to say it again, because you deserve it. Kudos!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-17 17:54:41

Damn awesome list there Gfox, it almost made me crea.... never mind. I especially like the colour codes, very smart and i didnt have a problem with the small text at all, over all very nice work, i applaud you.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-18 00:35:33

gfoxcook... that site is just the cooooolest!
i really like the colors you used... really nice to look at and it looks like thejoe will be triplelisted by the next update cuz he already made 10k posts.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 15:28:52

The stat point amounts needed for me to be pentalisted...
saves: 1,045
reviews: 6,640
-------------
total: 15,529

posts will probably take me several years to reach....

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 16:19:49

My pentalist stat requirements:

Blams: 2,788
Experience: 6,675
Saves: 7,611
Reviews: 9,967

It looks like my best bet is going to be my blams...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 17:18:01

At 1/20/05 04:39 PM, Dobio wrote:
At 1/14/05 12:58 AM, ReconRebel wrote: I've noticed some of the other Wi/Ht? regulars (not members) in this forum who never posted much before have dramatically increased their post count in the hopes that it'll help boost their point total on gfox's penta-list.
Hence why the top posters list no longer exists.

i notice that some users tend to repeat a lot of the stuff they say... like their accomplishments.. but yea.. and some congradulate people on almost everything.. if a user were to do this it might as well be spam.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 17:25:21

At 1/14/05 12:58 AM, ReconRebel wrote: I've noticed some of the other Wi/Ht? regulars (not members) in this forum who never posted much before have dramatically increased their post count in the hopes that it'll help boost their point total on gfox's penta-list.

Correct me if I misunderstood you but the hate you have for many of the regulars makes you blind.

Everytime that something that you don't appreaciate is happening, you defend the members and blame the regulars. It makes your arguments much weaker, especially when you don't explain why you defend the members and only attack the regulars, mostly recent regulars.

Thanks to Dobio, without him, I wouldn't notice that text.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 21:05:45

At 1/15/05 09:07 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Heh. Well, I could look at it that way as well and not worry either, The prospect of having to boot DOZENS and DOZENS more off the list if and when the profile changes / admin rules necessitate no more NGLister/NGGrabber usage.... it somewhat saddening, that's all I'm saying.

I can see how my " I don't mind either way, I'm on no matter what" could be thought of as selfish. I was just thinking once they've worked as long/hard as I have, they'll get back on the new list. Maybe I'm just a bit selfish and don't realize it, but this list was built on the foundation of prestige though (imo).

So ye be aiming for teh Blam King spot, eh? Methinks the Blam Queen is going to give you quite a run for yer money INDEED. One thing's for certain: both you AND I shall take down fixit sooner or later from the #2 spot in blams, just as I took him down from the #2 spot in b/p recently and just as TooCool took him down from the #2 spot in saves quite some time ago.

It would nice, but it'll definately take a very long time to overtake ramagi in blams, even more so now since I can't consistently average 850-900+ points a week (heavier workload this semester).

Congrats. And nicely above 45k, too. Heading for that big 50k mark.

I'm currently shooting for 40k in b/p and 50k here, which are some good realistic goals for the time being.

At 1/15/05 09:37 AM, ramagi wrote: post about blam king/queen

Yeah, to each their own with things like this. I didn't take any offense or anything like that to your post. I'm focusing more on passing fixit in b/p now instead of how long it'll take me to be the male with the highest amount of blams on newgrounds. (I should pass fixit in b/p in late April)

This list transition is fully supported by the MPA Foundation. (it's put together well and the color scheme is good.)

LLLLLLate congrats to SCD on his 10,000 posts.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 22:09:30

the layout and stuff for that look awesome.

Blamming 10000 entries isn't that difficult. Protecting 10000 is a huge challenge though

yes it is, it took me forever to reach 10k saves. i'm glad i never have to try that again.

posts will probably take me several years to reach....

i know what you mean, the most i post in a day is like 10.

reviews is another thing that will take me forever, seeing how my last one was back in August. O_o

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 22:10:42

At 1/20/05 05:25 PM, EKRegulus wrote: Correct me if I misunderstood you but the hate you have for many of the regulars makes you blind.

Actually you did misunderstand me Regulus, so does that make you retarded? By the way, Red's list happens to be the main source of information regarding future Wi/Ht? members.

Everytime that something that you don't appreaciate is happening, you defend the members and blame the regulars.

When I made that statement the word "regulars" was posted in italics, denoting people who haven't made the cut on Red's list yet still visit this forum on a regular basis. Capice?

It makes your arguments much weaker, especially when you don't explain why you defend the members and only attack the regulars, mostly recent regulars.

Yes there's a few people on Red's list I don't care for but that's life ain't it? You might be surprised at how many active Wi/Ht? members aren't happy with most of the new faces around here. You can say sooooo much more through e-mail without having some condescending turd dump on you.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 23:25:57

At 1/20/05 10:10 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Actually you did misunderstand me Regulus, so does that make you retarded? By the way, Red's list happens to be the main source of information regarding future Wi/Ht? members.

Who said I was talking about that list? Looks like we both misunderstood eachother... AGAIN.

When I made that statement the word "regulars" was posted in italics, denoting people who haven't made the cut on Red's list yet still visit this forum on a regular basis. Capice?

I thought that you meant everyone that regularly browse this forum without being a member which includes anyone in red's list, potential regulars (Alkador, seed, tom, williams, me, etc.) mods (jon , thejoe, etc) and others that aren't considered for the regulars' list like soulrifter, x-naut, syme, etc.

You might be surprised at how many active Wi/Ht? members aren't happy with most of the new faces around here.

Only figment and you made some comments about it. Is there something that I missed?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-20 23:56:22

At 1/20/05 11:25 PM, EKRegulus wrote: Is there something that I missed?

You? Miss something? Nev4r!!!1!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-01-21 00:59:44

At 1/20/05 11:56 PM, D0GMA wrote: You? Miss something? Nev4r!!!1!

Thanks for sharing your irony.