00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reporting Seizure Material

4,560 Views | 69 Replies

Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 17:55:34

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 3825

I have seen a number of these & I am doing what I can to get rid of them. I found this flash by Somali that includes content that is created for the sole pupose of inducing seizures. I've seen first hand what this can do to people. One person who viewed this type of material in the LAN Center I was working it had a seizure complete with vomitting. I would seriously suggest a full removal of his account. If not that, then at least removal of his content that contains this type of content.

Supporting proof of this can be found here:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/29/hacke rs-embed-flashing-animations-on-epilepsy -support-forum/

Also, I am wondering if there is a better way to report violations than the forums. This is the first time I have found a way to report this type of stuff on Newgrounds & am wondering if there is another way.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:00:51

If you happen to view a movie that is under judgement and it contains seizures, you can blow the whistle. Further details can be found underneath the author's comments.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:04:12

There is stuff like that all over the media, with things flashing. If people get seizures from watching stuff like that, they just can't do anything media related. It's on tv occasionally, internet, movies, anywhere that you could see something moving in the media. They arn't doing it to try and induce seizures, it's just anoying animation, made for the solo purpose of anoying people. Because even if it doesn't cause seizures to some people, it is anoying as hell.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:06:05

At 7/10/08 06:00 PM, Objection wrote: If you happen to view a movie that is under judgement and it contains seizures, you can blow the whistle.

No you can't, what the shit are you talking about?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:07:06

its not seizure material its JAPANEESE ANIMAY

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:08:05

At 7/10/08 06:06 PM, smc316 wrote:
At 7/10/08 06:00 PM, Objection wrote: If you happen to view a movie that is under judgement and it contains seizures, you can blow the whistle.

You ought to be able to.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:09:19

GO die in a fire! That shit was the best thing ive seen.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:09:40

Yeah you can, just blow the whistle under harmful content, I believe.

Anyhow, that's just a risk that people take when browsing the internet. They know that on a digital medium, with epilepsy, there's always some risk involved, whether there are warnings or not. There may be an abusive ad...maybe some bad site that you accidentally click on. Anything. They should especially take not when on a flash website, such as this. Those flash shouldn't be removed just because someone will be stupid enough to click it. If they're not sure of what it is, they shouldn't be around it. If there's any risk to physical harm, they should look into something a little bit before opening it. Seriously. There's always blame on the distributors rather than the receivers.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:15:11

At 7/10/08 05:58 PM, The-Hitman wrote: Go to Wade's profile and send him a pm about it.

He should take care of it.

I have gone ahead & did that. Thank you. I'll find out if this is the prefered method or not when he responds.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:17:56

At 7/10/08 06:09 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Yeah you can, just blow the whistle under harmful content, I believe.

I didn't see any type of button... Is there such a button that can be clicked on so that it will make it easier to report these types of violations?

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:19:33

Wade isn't going to do jack shit until someone insults his family or literally hacks Newgrounds

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:21:52

At 7/10/08 06:17 PM, wondergamer wrote:
At 7/10/08 06:09 PM, KingPanther13 wrote: Yeah you can, just blow the whistle under harmful content, I believe.
I didn't see any type of button... Is there such a button that can be clicked on so that it will make it easier to report these types of violations?

You can only blow your whistle when the animation is under judgment. You really can't get rid of any flash that's already passed judgment (See: B) Unless it's highly abusive...but as I said before, people should be wary of what they view....it's not NG's responsibility to avoid giving seizures, it's their responsibility for avoiding any abusive flash...which isn't hard to do. It may be a worthless piece of shit, and it doesn't really deserve to be an active submission, but it'll just serve as a sad reminder to how stupid portal voters are now.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:25:35

u have garbage whistle,thus u can't "blow the whistle"

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:27:51

I'm guessing that the person that is backing up this submissions is actually an alias of the person that submitted. I reported somebody before on here that was doing the same thing to drop bad reviews on his submissions so that only good ones showed. Probably the same guy.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:35:08

I could watch that for a year and be fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:35:54

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:38:51

That's why they canceled the show Dragon Ball Z. (thank god they did)
Kids started to have seizures from watching the show.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

- George Carlin

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:39:19

I watch movies like that for about two minutes and look away...It's like an online LSD, dude! Don't remove it!

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-10 18:46:20

But epilepsy is hilarious!

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-11 12:12:07

Content, like that is specifically designed to send epileptics in convulsive seizures.
Which can be life threatening from sheer force alone.
Seizures can cause such intense convulsions that it can literally snap bones in two.
And cause major head trauma.

This isn't funny, and this isn't a fucking joke.
Little scientologist assholes like, ironeagle233, Lorkas, and sharingankakashi13.
I hope you get your asses beat shitless. Although you seem the type to take it up the ass on a daily basis already.

@ BlueFlameSkulls, normal flash isn't going to send people into an epileptic fit.
However, something thats 10x as rapid and brutal as a strobe light, will.
(taking into the account my room is very bright too)
Most people with epilepsy are photosensitive.
[quote]Photosensitive epilepsy is a form of epilepsy in which seizures are triggered by visual stimuli that form patterns in time or space, such as flashing lights, bold, regular patterns, or regular moving patterns.[/quote]

Thats not something someone makes for shits and giggle's.
It's extremely volatile, and abusive.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-11 12:14:56

At 7/10/08 05:55 PM, wondergamer wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 3825

I have seen a number of these & I am doing what I can to get rid of them. I found this flash by Somali that includes content that is created for the sole pupose of inducing seizures. I've seen first hand what this can do to people.

I added it to my favorites.

im gay

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-11 12:16:52

At 7/11/08 12:12 PM, Steam1899 wrote:
Thats not something someone makes for shits and giggle's.
It's extremely volatile, and abusive.

First post, eh?

im gay

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-19 03:53:48

This is what I'm getting at:

flamflim wrote:
:i had a siezer

thecoolchoi wrote:
:what the heck is your problem i just came back from the hospital after having a seizure. u should
:delete this peice of ****

DanteSetsuna wrote:
:dude i had to call an ambulance cause my friend is epileptic and she is still in the hospital right now
:so i hope your proud of yourself you son of a bitch

GameSimon wrote:
:im lucky i don't have a shirsure from that ow god my head herts now

squirrelhitter wrote:
:this is squirrelhitter's brother..and i cant say this well....but he has had a seizure and died i hope u
:are happy u killed my 13 year old brother and he had it all a computer a girlfriend and he wanted to
:be a game designer u ruind his dream u killed him i hope u know that so u feel dread every waking
:moment and deside to kill urself because know i might kill myself to all i have to say is
:squirrelhitter....out

puppy410 wrote:
:I HAVE SEIZURES THAT MEANS I HAVE EPILESPY.R U TRYING TO MAKE ME HAVE A SEIZURE AND CRACK
:MY HEAD OPEN AGAIN IF DO WITH ONE OF UR DUMB GAMES UR GETTING SEWED.

Amshael wrote:
:holy freakin god that was aweful i hope nobody gets seizures or you could get sewed

karnagej77 wrote:
:WOW. Just hope someone with Epilepsy doesn't see this piece of crap, dear god! I think my eyeballs
:just internally had a seizure.

froboy101 wrote:
:what if someone has a certain disability and when they watch this, they might have a seisure. overall
:it was cool looking lol

TentacleRape wrote:
:You need a warning for those with epilepsy. I liked the bright, though. o3o;

Baron-Creel wrote:
:YOu need a seizure warning, my head hurts now you trollop

midyin wrote:
:I dont like Naruto either, but Your stupid clip gave me a seizer....... FUCK YOU!!

matthuhastie wrote:
:dude u know that peope can take fits and die becouse of that no joke
:so peope that think this is funn try knowing that ur killing people someware

bobgeorge1 wrote:
:I know I'm likely just fueling your want to make more flashes like this and people like bobchurch
:below who think its hilarious for stuff like this to exist because it makes people mad but I'm going
:to say it.

:STOP MAKING THINGS LIKE THIS!!! THEY JUST TAKE UP SPACE AND DEGRADE THE QUALITY OF VIEWING
:ON NEWGROUNDS!!! AT LEAST WARN ABOUT THE FLASHING BACKGROUND FOR PEOPLE WHO SUFFER
:FROM SEIZURES!!!

EternalMadnessFreak wrote:
:Disclaimer: Kitty Krew is not responsible for any brain
:damage,headaches ,vomiting,eyesores,becoming an emo,or killing yourself after this
:movie. ..............HAHAHA thats a bunch of shit and that is probably exactly what kitty krew thinks.

Breakie wrote:
:2 phrases. 1: go to hell and burn. 2: some people suffer from photosynthetic seizures, if somone
:like that watched this they could have one. this is random crap and the only reason it passed
:judgement is because not many people cared about it.

iztok wrote:
:ohhh seizure..............................
:.... if there would be a collection named "spam" or "crap" or something like that this would be
:defenatley inn... oh my eyes... no way... f*c* you... youre lucky not to have epilepsy you ass hole
:moron B**** I don't have it but my eyes hurt anyway moron

snakeblast wrote:
:YOU MAID ME ALMOST HAD A SEIZURE FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelzDeath wrote:
:Some can really get hurt watching this video man so just watch it 0/10 sorry and 0/5

TurdFlinger wrote:
:You are a waste of everybody's time. You ever heard of epilepsy!? Search it up on wikipedia
:dumbass. You ever thought of the fact you coulda killed someone with that? And also your lol was
:very badly drawn. Terrible mate, absolutely terrible. I recommend this to nobody... Please DO NOT
:WATCH FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY! I think my eyes bled.

Uchiha2727 wrote:
:you do know flashing lights cause some people to have seizures right?

mememe11 wrote:
:dude thats blinding lol that was a crappy flash and nearly gave me a seizure if ure gonna make a
:spoof atleast make it not like a 2 1/2 year olds drawing

red-tea wrote:
:people with epilepsy could have a seizure's ( like me ) you fucking idiot

Cryptomaniac2204 wrote:
:you could give sumone a seizure retard

latimew wrote:
:That sucked. Plus you shouldn't post stuff like that because it can cause seizures. I bet nobody in
:your family had a seizure before. But my mom did. You don't know what can happen. First of all, she
:forgot almost everything. At first she didn't even know I existed. Plus, she forgets stuff a lot more
:easily. So unless you know how bad a seizure can be, don't post stuff like that.

mobiangurls wrote:
:ahhhhhhhhhh what the hell omg a seuer attack

dragonlordbahamut wrote:
:Lol. that was funny. It can give you a seizure! but i agree. i think naruto sux too.

EasterIsland wrote:
:What the hell did that have to do with Naruto? Are you trying to promote seizures with those
:flashing lights or something? My god! After watching that crap, I checked my panadol tablet to make
:sure it didn't say cocaine or something! Please, if you must make a submission on Naruto please
:actually make it a Naruto submission. And also, next time, try harder... a lot harder!

UltimateGC wrote:
:omfg. whoever keeps making these things stop! you're going to give someone a seizure and get
:sued for a peice of shit that you thought was funny.

Cody13080 wrote:
:My freind was scraming to turn it off cause of he gets seizures hahhahahahhahhaahhahahah

flameman669 wrote:
:i had a fuckin seisure!!

savagethumper wrote:
:almost had a seisure from flashing lights( no warnings your gonna kill some 1!!) this would help
:chase of people but to dangerous may kill to many

SONICLUVA wrote:
:ow!!! that gave me a seisure!!! if u ever make something else, dont give me a seisure plz.

RoyalAzura wrote:
:LOL.
:SEIZURE.
:XP

KeokeoKEOFFRYZOMFG wrote:
:Hi "Somali", I would just like to tell you a story. About 5 years ago, i met my best friend. We always
:used to hang out all day. About 3 weeks ago, we were surfing the internet just looking at funny stuff
:on newgrounds. And you can guess the rest, we found this great work of art. He had a seizure. A
:really bad one. He was pretty fucked up. He hit his head, went to the hospital. Now his head is
:FUCKED UP.
:K just wanted to tell you that.

Xeronar wrote:
:i only have one thing to say... OH MY GOD

:but seriously, if you are going to make a flash that gives people seizures, at least warn them and
:don't give it a fake name...

:how would you feel if because of your flash, somebody out there with epilepsy had a really serious
:seizure???

Ryuuzakilawliet wrote:
:HOly shit!! I was looking for something else, instead I got an epileptics worst nightmare!! LOL, Nice
:one.

dojofish wrote:
:Can you say, needs an epileptic warning. 0/10.

lazybutnotsorry wrote:
:Excellent use of MS paint, (not) this was a major WTF. And Why is this even in Naruto section
:anyway? You just like made somebody have a sesiure with those colors...

1337ninja wrote:
:This isn't even a flash this is a Epileptic Nightmare, this is the kind of thing that can kill people. You
:have no Idea what you are doing, you label this, "FUCK NARUTO!!! IT SUCKS!!!" and it has nothing to
:even do with naruto, do you want to piss people off? Do you get off just reading these reviews? you
:need to stop making flash and stop spamming one of the greatest flash sites on the Web!! P0W3R
:TO TEH NG!

games3434 wrote:
:it almost gave me a seizure but i clicked x dude this will get reportesd!!!!!! trying to spam on
:newgrouns

lunardragon96 wrote:
:Why can't you accept other people?
:AND BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT OTHERS:
:Seziure warning!
:Flashing red and blue background!
:DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE PRONE TO SEZIURES!!!!

advance600 wrote:
:Could be dangerous to people who are prone to a photosensitive seizure BE CAREFUL it is a loop.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-19 03:57:18

continuation from last post

PhenoMx777 wrote:
:if ur that disturbed by it why are here telling us? get a life because u probably just ruined someones
:who has epilepsy every else is right u shouldnt be on newgrounds try to make something in a positive
:way

darkphaedra wrote:
:I just want to mention how angry I am that you posted this with no warning. I have two friends who
:suffer from epilepsy and one of them would have gone into a seizure had they looked at this. That
:and the video sucked.

luxburger wrote:
:Wow, you made people think this was adult stuff and was actually flashing lights. So Original!!!! Next
:time try to make something that won't give someone a seisure. Then you won't get sued :).

In other words, I don't think it's going to look good on NewGrounds if people are dying from content that they are hosting.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-19 04:58:12

At 7/19/08 03:53 AM, wondergamer wrote:
squirrelhitter wrote:
<insert sob story of 13 year old bro dying>

Im still laughing!

Cry Havoc and let Slip the Toast of War!

Why do I seem to end all of the threads I post in...

Something I cannot believe I didn't find before lock.

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-19 05:03:48

Oh and this may cause seizures to... EPILEPTICS HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Cry Havoc and let Slip the Toast of War!

Why do I seem to end all of the threads I post in...

Something I cannot believe I didn't find before lock.

BBS Signature

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-19 05:05:43

At 7/19/08 03:53 AM, wondergamer wrote: A bunch of comments

ROTFL! I could not stop laughing hahaha. I know seizures aren't funny. . .wait I take that back some are lol. But yeah they should take this out, it looks nice though ;)

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-19 05:35:35

At 7/19/08 05:00 AM, TomsPulp wrote: PM me them, then I can IM Wade on AIM, it goes way faster than PM'ing him cuz he doesnt check PM's all the time and stuff...

I've sent you a PM with contact info to get ahold of me if needs be. I sent Wade a PM a long time ago & I'm beginning to think it may have never made it to him. If you don't get the PM, then let me know.

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-20 04:07:10

Another one:

john4536 wrote:
That scared the fuck out of me I almost did have a seizure!!!!!

Response to Reporting Seizure Material 2008-07-25 04:12:58

Another:

ozzydajuggalo wrote:
:damn man i dont even watch naruto but really dude. if you hate it so damn much why even bother going
:through all the trouble of putting a stupid seizure vidio up like that. get out more seriously.