00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fluffymofo808 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Level Collab

84,937 Views | 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-17 12:03:39

maybe you could ask if the owner could put a link to this collab on here, there are other NG collabs on that page:

http://www.spamtheweb.com/ul/

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-18 12:41:45

At 12/17/08 12:03 PM, funkycaveman wrote: maybe you could ask if the owner could put a link to this collab on here, there are other NG collabs on that page:

I've send a mail.
Thanks ;]

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-18 13:26:06

At 12/18/08 12:41 PM, darksacha wrote:
At 12/17/08 12:03 PM, funkycaveman wrote: maybe you could ask if the owner could put a link to this collab on here, there are other NG collabs on that page:

I've send a mail.
Thanks ;]

np mate, the more the better!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-19 09:04:42

Alrighty, I've started back at this now that it's the holidays, I'll see where it goes from here, it's looking good!!
-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-19 12:16:32

At 12/19/08 09:04 AM, Mattster092 wrote: Alrighty, I've started back at this now that it's the holidays, I'll see where it goes from here, it's looking good!!
-Matt

Please do!
I hate it when hardly anyone is active!

But if you keep posting previews, even if you haven't changed a pixel, it'll motivate them.

And on top of all that, I'm putting the current parts together ;]

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-19 14:23:45

I've been progressing slowly, The beginning is done and the ending is planned out. Next is to sketch everything inbetween, then animate to it (:

Here's my work in progress (:

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-19 17:50:38

At 12/19/08 02:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I've been progressing slowly, The beginning is done and the ending is planned out. Next is to sketch everything inbetween, then animate to it (:

Here's my work in progress (:

Neat work, matey.
Nice that you've finished that scene. Luv those 2 fighting! :)
Just an ending, I guess?

Brilliant, keep updating :)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-19 18:24:48

Hey. . . Is there going to be a little intro to each scene? Showing what levels are fighting? Like, the 2 icons collide or something, and it says "Level 1 vs Level 2" or something?

-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-19 23:20:34

Hey. . . Is there going to be a little intro to each scene? Showing what levels are fighting? Like, the 2 icons collide or something, and it says "Level 1 vs Level 2" or something?

yep

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 07:27:48

WAaAzZAaA made it and it's awesome :]
Yes, I'm going to use them, of course!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 09:03:10

At 12/20/08 07:27 AM, darksacha wrote: WAaAzZAaA made it and it's awesome :]

Oh yea, I keep forgetting you are Zerobeam . . . :P

It looks good WAaAzZAaA!

Here is another preview!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/3208/324 73_TreeCutter.php

The view is basically turning, and I will have the Chainsaw guy on that side :P

I think I need to slow the tree down, it turns a bit too much.

-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 14:22:48

I don't think it's all that bad, but couldn't we do something more in the theme of Newgrounds levels? Here's an example of what I somewhat expected it to be like: Linky.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 17:14:01

At 12/20/08 02:22 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
I don't think it's all that bad, but couldn't we do something more in the theme of Newgrounds levels? Here's an example of what I somewhat expected it to be like: Linky.

Hmm. . . I agree, that would be better since it's centred, there needs to be a fade to each scene, and that is more Newgroundy. . .

It's up to Zero!
-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 17:44:58

At 12/20/08 09:03 AM, Mattster092 wrote: Here is another preview!

Awesome effect with the turning! ;)
Keep it up, I like it so far!

At 12/20/08 02:22 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I don't think it's all that bad, but couldn't we do something more in the theme of Newgrounds levels? Here's an example of what I somewhat expected it to be like: Linky.

You're a bit late, since I've already done half of the collab.
However, I like the idea though.

If you'd go through all the trouble to make 59 different scene-changes, and send them to me, then I'll include them. ;)

Personally, I like yours better. But of course, I need to get them first and see how they really fit :)

Just make them, send them, and we'll see!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 19:28:24

ok just thought i would pop back and see how how i could be of assisstance, and i checked a few pages back and forgot about most of the stuff i need to do argh! soory guys. but here it is:

i have a .zip floder with a ttf file of the font you wanted for my part and the updated menu, i cleaned it up a little bit and added one profile. i hope thats better. i had to send in zip so i could send files together and the ttf file would not upload on its own :(.

thanks..

funkycaveman :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J2IJ35FL

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-20 20:00:09

Lol, well if we're using mine I might want to make some adjustments like an intro and outro like wazaa did, I think that's very neat. I'd be glad to make 30 of them, but as you may have noticed, I used aura's depicting the characters holding the weapons. A good guy, and a neutral guy who turns angry. I did this because it looks way better than just having each level with a neutral icon, but it makes things a little more complicated. Still, in my opinion aura's should be part of the collab in one way or another.

Making all 30 clips will be complicated since I haven't seen everyone's movie and can't really judge their auras. I don't think it'd be good to end up creating 30 symbols including this clip either. It'd be way easier to do this on the main timeline as a compiler in my opinion.

How about I just send the fla after I'm done editing it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 07:57:22

Well, you don't have to include aura's, really.
Just make them all green, or whatever colour you desire.

I'd just make a symbol for every transition between the parts,
put them on a main time line (so 59 frames),
and send them over.

I'll include them between the parts :)

Else, I have no idea how to do that...

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 08:09:10

Here is my suggestion.

Make a movieclip with 60 frames in it. Have each frame have a stop(); script on it.

On frame 1, have level 1, on frame 2, level 2. etc.

Have a script on each frame that says:
_root.transition_mc.lvl = "Level 1"

transition_mc would be the mc with that transition in it.
lvl would be the text box under each level.

On the main timeline, when you go to the transition, just set this.transition.level.gotoAndStop(1);

It's kinda complicated, if you send me the file I can do that.

I just don't want someone spending hours on something that can be done in much less time :)
-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 09:54:24

I don't think a script like that is necesary. Not only the content of the textbox will have to be changed, also the levelicons will have to be changed. I'm aware you can do that with scripting aswel. Hmmn, well you could do it, but I want to discuss this thing a little further with Zero.

First of, Zero. We have plenty of time left to finish these scenes, right? So why be hasty? Adding the clips is part of compiling, and if I were you, I would keep these things for last. What I'm saying is that I want to take my time and add every aura. I guarantee you that only one auracolor will look very dull.

Maybe my attitude is a little anoying to you guys, the ideas that I have are usually pretty complicated but end up pretty awesome as a result(In the CTSG collab I thought of the menu and made it afterwards, I also compiled the collab). I just want this collab to appeal to the audiance as much as possible. The idea is great so let's make the best of it. Right? (:

So Zero, if you give me this chance. Would you like to pm me a list of everyone's movie, including works in progress? That'd be great.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 11:14:19

Very well, you're correct, there is no need to rush.

I'll get on that list right away.
For now, thank you for taking the efforts.

Keep it up. :)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 11:33:14

Whirlguy, I'm willing to help out with that any time. . . The script would make it a lot easier.

I could actually make a scritpt so you just enter the aura for the level.

Also, on the transition, don't forget to include the username of the animator ;)
-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 11:36:12

At 12/21/08 11:33 AM, Mattster092 wrote: Whirlguy, I'm willing to help out with that any time. . . The script would make it a lot easier.

I could actually make a scritpt so you just enter the aura for the level.

Also, on the transition, don't forget to include the username of the animator ;)
-Matt

oh dear. i think whats going on is the naviagtion from the menu to the parts, all you need is a global varible, _global.menu_no = 0; that means play all and if the user presses a button it changes to the part number, at the end of the part if number = 0 then playnext scene else play menu. i think that what you want? is zerobeam good at coding?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 11:37:39

At 12/21/08 11:36 AM, funkycaveman wrote:
oh dear. i think whats going on is the naviagtion from the menu to the parts, all you need is a global varible, _global.menu_no = 0; that means play all and if the user presses a button it changes to the part number, at the end of the part if number = 0 then playnext scene else play menu. i think that what you want? is zerobeam good at coding?

I'm not sure if he is, but I can do it. I have a script planned out. . .so yeah.
-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 11:41:16

At 12/21/08 11:37 AM, Mattster092 wrote:
I'm not sure if he is, but I can do it. I have a script planned out. . .so yeah.
-Matt

oh ok, so your just gonna write the code cos the menu .fla is 12mb and with the parts it will be insanly big and unsendable so i think zerobeam is up to the task

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 12:00:51

At 12/21/08 11:41 AM, funkycaveman wrote:
At 12/21/08 11:37 AM, Mattster092 wrote:
-Matt
oh ok, so your just gonna write the code cos the menu .fla is 12mb and with the parts it will be insanly big and unsendable so i think zerobeam is up to the task

No no, not the menu, I was going to script the transition that Wirly made. If zero uses Mediafire, 12MB is easy, you have unlimited storage and 100MB max per file.

-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 12:10:34

No no, not the menu, I was going to script the transition that Wirly made. If zero uses Mediafire, 12MB is easy, you have unlimited storage and 100MB max per file.

-Matt

but in the menu there is a play all button that will run through all animations and in the menu you can choose just one animation part to play then it will return to the menu

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 12:16:27

At 12/21/08 12:10 PM, funkycaveman wrote:
but in the menu there is a play all button that will run through all animations and in the menu you can choose just one animation part to play then it will return to the menu

Oh, I see. Now I get it :P Do you have a preview :D ?
-Matt

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 14:15:24

Hmmn, I'm really not sure how usefull these scripts are in this case.

The levelicons are just pictures I imported in the library. That means I picked the aura before I put it in flash. No scripting goes in chosing a specific aura.

Next I put it in a symbol, along with the text telling you the level. I could of course replace the text for a dynamic textbox and have it filled out with actionscript, but that would probably be confusing for the compiler. I think I'll just stick with symbols.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 14:41:23

Next I put it in a symbol, along with the text telling you the level. I could of course replace the text for a dynamic textbox and have it filled out with actionscript, but that would probably be confusing for the compiler. I think I'll just stick with symbols.

that will take up more space i think?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-12-21 17:46:41

At 12/21/08 02:15 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Next I put it in a symbol, along with the text telling you the level. I could of course replace the text for a dynamic textbox and have it filled out with actionscript, but that would probably be confusing for the compiler. I think I'll just stick with symbols.

The script would be very easy. . . but alright.
-Matt