Be a Supporter!

The 3 Second Collab!

  • 36,951 Views
  • 1,537 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SgtDK
SgtDK
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 11/23/08 09:23 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 11/23/08 06:21 PM, ARAE wrote: thats what he said friday! anything new since friday????
No not really.

I'm kind of looking for a new menu song. If anyone knows a Jazz-Funk song in the Audio Portal then please suggest it to me or else i will use to one i currently am using.

This?

ARAE
ARAE
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 09:43 PM Reply

he did say audio portal, and i searched "jazz funk" in the audio portal and loads of stuff came up

thanks for the update btw


ban me please

5a7aN
5a7aN
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:09 PM Reply

Rawr!

Finally got a hold of a computer!

:hope this thing will be submitted before christmas

I will hopefully be on tommorrow and the next day

:maybe not the next day after the next day, but we'll see

so it would be a great time if we need something done or so..


PM me if you want a siggy done for you. lol ;]

BBS Signature
ARAE
ARAE
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 03:19 PM Reply

DS and funkycaveman said it would come out before thanksgiving so i am assuming it will come out this week! i think US' thanksgiving is this weekend right?


ban me please

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 11/24/08 03:19 PM, ARAE wrote: DS and funkycaveman said it would come out before thanksgiving so i am assuming it will come out this week! i think US' thanksgiving is this weekend right?

i dont know what it is but isnt it the same as christmas day?

ARAE
ARAE
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 04:52 PM Reply

looked it up
November 27, 2008 in USA


ban me please

dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 06:02 PM Reply

yeah, why didnt you ask me? im a Texan

oh and your rigth it is the 27th, we have wed-sun off XD

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

ARAE
ARAE
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 06:21 PM Reply

ok so ds / funky will the collab be submitted before thursday????


ban me please

dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 07:10 PM Reply

most like-a-lee. :D

smiley face is everywhere T.T

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 11/24/08 06:21 PM, ARAE wrote: ok so ds / funky will the collab be submitted before thursday????

It might be finished by Thursday but I'm not saying I'm going to submit it the minute i finish it. I might wait like a day or two before submitting it once it's finished. That probably disappointments you guys but i got my reasons and I'd rather not share them.


Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 09:19 PM Reply

i feel ya dawg! i feel ya!

NOT THAT WAY FUNKY! X(

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

ARAE
ARAE
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 09:37 PM Reply

DS this aint looking good on you, two times release dates pass, first november 10th now nov 27th, just wanted to let you know we have our own reasons for asking many times for updates, i understand you want this collab to be good, thats why i havent freaked out because of the date being pushed back, really i do want this to be excellent, but why does the release date keep getting pushed back?? if there is something wrong you can tell us, like if we need more parts or something, or if you just have had to much school or something.

i hope you dont take this as an insult rather as a boost of encouragement, or atleast an understanding for why i ask so many damn questions


ban me please

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 11/24/08 09:37 PM, ARAE wrote: DS this aint looking good on you, two times release dates pass, first november 10th now nov 27th, just wanted to let you know we have our own reasons for asking many times for updates, i understand you want this collab to be good, thats why i havent freaked out because of the date being pushed back, really i do want this to be excellent, but why does the release date keep getting pushed back?? if there is something wrong you can tell us, like if we need more parts or something, or if you just have had to much school or something.

I know this doesn't make me look good in any way. In fact, I am quite disappointed at myself. I was pretty sure i could pull this off in no time but i guess it's not that easy and I've experience that "not so easy" part working on this collab. I know you guys have reasons and i totally understand that. My reasons are more concerning how the portal will be the day i submit it. I don't want it to be a day the portal is being spammed as I've seen how people vote on those type of days. To answer your question, the reason it keeps getting pulled back is because of the amount of issues that rise everyday. Issues involving the menu was one of those everyday issues but thanks to Funky those issues have been resolved. The main reason actually for the reason i won't submit it the day I'm finished with it is because I want to notify you guys in advance so you can ALL enjoy it at the same time when it's out in the portal. I have to admit though, i do have a lot of school and I'm trying to pull-off a lot of things at the same time. It's not really school that occupies me; more of my social life.

i hope you dont take this as an insult rather as a boost of encouragement, or atleast an understanding for why i ask so many damn questions

I couldn't find the insult ;)


Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
ARAE
ARAE
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Alright! thanks for letting us know, and its good you didn't find an insult because there was none put in just sometimes i word things wrong and people get hurt


ban me please

dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 25th, 2008 @ 08:14 AM Reply

At 11/24/08 09:50 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: My reasons are more concerning how the portal will be the day i submit it. I don't want it to be a day the portal is being spammed as I've seen how people vote on those type of days.

thats what i was thinking.

sort of.........

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 25th, 2008 @ 12:30 PM Reply

DS you said it looked darker, i think theres a black tint on the BG, remove it in the properties box.

dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 25th, 2008 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 11/25/08 12:30 PM, funkycaveman wrote: DS you said it looked darker, i think theres a black tint on the BG, remove it in the properties box.

what are you talking about? is it the menu?

probably the menu right?

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 25th, 2008 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 11/25/08 12:30 PM, funkycaveman wrote: DS you said it looked darker, i think theres a black tint on the BG, remove it in the properties box.

I think i might just leave it the way it is.

And yeah DC444, we were talking about the menu.


Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 09:46 AM Reply

woo! i got today tomarrow and the next day off. So ill be available all the time!

ohhhhh yeaaaah!!!!!!!

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

DeathChronx2
DeathChronx2
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 11:33 AM Reply

I agree with DarkSoldier's plan, we have to release the callab on a day that the portal isn't flooded with bad entries. I was thinking thats why he wasn't rushing to get it on the portal.


Collabs: 3 Second Collab

Viridis
Viridis
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 08:15 PM Reply

So released soon? Thats pretty cool, cant wait to see it finished, no pressure on getting it submitted, its ready when its ready. :]


PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 10:16 AM Reply

im looking at wanting(not having to have) it on Saturday or Sunday.

8====D <----- OMG! a penis

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!

5a7aN
5a7aN
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 05:41 PM Reply

8====D <----- OMG! a penis

Ewwww..

lols --> {(^)}

PM me if you want a siggy done for you. lol ;]

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 05:42 PM Reply

if we all vote high on it it should be in top! btw DS can you give me a link to the finished collab before so i can check for bugs? its annoying when menus or animations have bugs, expecially with the amount of parts involved?

thanks

funkycaveman

DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 11/27/08 05:42 PM, funkycaveman wrote: if we all vote high on it it should be in top! btw DS can you give me a link to the finished collab before so i can check for bugs? its annoying when menus or animations have bugs, expecially with the amount of parts involved?

thanks

funkycaveman

Yeah, no problem. I'll send you a preview but I don't know if it will be the whole collab because then i would have to show everyone here and i don't want to ruin the surprise :)


Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
5a7aN
5a7aN
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 11/27/08 05:42 PM, funkycaveman wrote: if we all vote high on it it should be in top!

No doubt!

Maybe we should call this collab "The 3 second collab which took 8 months to make!"

lol can't rush perfection!

PM me if you want a siggy done for you. lol ;]

BBS Signature
5a7aN
5a7aN
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 05:59 PM Reply

i don't want to ruin the surprise :)

Yeah I want to see it unfold in the portal not the forums!


PM me if you want a siggy done for you. lol ;]

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Yeah, no problem. I'll send you a preview but I don't know if it will be the whole collab because then i would have to show everyone here and i don't want to ruin the surprise :)

just send the link through msn or somthing if you dont want anyone else to see.

Flaxington
Flaxington
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Animator
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 08:52 PM Reply

is it too late to join?

dumbcook444
dumbcook444
  • Member since: May. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The 3 Second Collab! Nov. 27th, 2008 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 11/27/08 08:52 PM, fightermarth wrote: is it too late to join?

what do you say Ds?

is it a no?

Stuff I Like
-----------------------------------
Boobies, Flash, and CRACK!