00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

995,332 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 17:28:25

At 2/18/11 04:33 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 2/18/11 04:08 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Stolen alert

Author's Comments "I give full credit to MEEGO.COM for this" Meaning the guy admits it isn't his. Not to mention he gave the site of where he stole it from. How dumb can some people get?
It's just some site-generated avatar, the user probably made it himself through that website. It'd be better to blam rather than whistle since it's not a flash and therefore not meant for the Flash Portal. Also, Washu, you should stop citing the author comments as PROOF, because it's insufficient for serving as concrete evidence.
Consider the possibility that a malicious user submitted a legitimate submission and simply said in the comments that he stole it just so a lot of people would lose whistle points. That's a trap that you're leaving yourself vulnerable to by taking the author's comments as truth - which I believe I addressed before. It's best to maintain a reasonable level of skepticism when dealing with authors' comments. In the end, we'd much prefer a direct link to the original.

Sorry about that Tails. I did actually look for the original for to that site as well after I read the comment as well but honestly while I found the program used to make it I didn't find that one sorry. I will make sure to post links to the originals whenever I find something stolen.

I did 0 it anyways since it was just that and thanks for the tip. I am getting somewhat rusty at this.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 17:35:00

At 2/18/11 05:28 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Sorry about that Tails. I did actually look for the original for to that site as well after I read the comment as well but honestly while I found the program used to make it I didn't find that one sorry. I will make sure to post links to the originals whenever I find something stolen.

I did 0 it anyways since it was just that and thanks for the tip. I am getting somewhat rusty at this.

All is well, Washu. I'd hate to see your pristine whistle suffer if the case I described did become reality, which was my main concern all along. You have a reputation to uphold after all, and we all have to look after one another amirite?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 21:37:31

Man, people just don't give up with attempting to post a flash that was already flagged earlier in the week, eh? :p

Work went hellishly slow, glad to be back home now anyways...other than to return to do a similar shift tomorrow morning at 10am as well. Meh, money is money.

Also, just as a heads up to you fellows on the NGPD site, I made a thread in the writings section if anyone is interested. I need some fodder before I do any actual work, along the lines of characters for it. Greatly appreciated if anyone does leave me a line in the thread or via PM to get the ball rolling. :D

If not, then well...you'll just have to see. ;)

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 22:02:21

At 2/18/11 09:37 PM, PowerPrower wrote: Also, just as a heads up to you fellows on the NGPD site, I made a thread in the writings section if anyone is interested. I need some fodder before I do any actual work, along the lines of characters for it. Greatly appreciated if anyone does leave me a line in the thread or via PM to get the ball rolling. :D

I'll check it out, things are pretty slow in the protal right now and it's raining like heck outside.

Also congrats on the level up, who wants a fist bump? :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 22:03:52

At 2/18/11 10:02 PM, BigMike47 wrote: I'll check it out, things are pretty slow in the protal right now and it's raining like heck outside.

*portal* (sigh) forgive me grammar nazi....

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 22:37:48

Stolen flash alert!

Original link: http://www.meetandfuckgames.com/

This is property of MeetandFuck games pretty obvious...

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 22:48:34

Stolen flash alert!!

link: http://www.meetandfuckgames.com/

And he did it again...

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 22:49:42

At 2/18/11 10:37 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Stolen flash alert!

I'm wondering a little if this one will actually get anything accomplished if it's blown the whistle on, seeing as the site already has a couple of games like it in the adults section. Guess time will tell on this one.

At 2/18/11 10:02 PM, BigMike47 wrote: I'll check it out, things are pretty slow in the protal right now and it's raining like heck outside.

Cool! I'll check it out tomorrow, gonna let it build up a little and see if after work anyone else decides to get in on the action. :)

*fist bump* I didn't actually realize it until later this afternoon really. I didn't realize I was so close to leveling before I vanished from the site years ago. XD

At 2/18/11 10:03 PM, BigMike47 wrote: *portal* (sigh) forgive me grammar nazi....

I wouldn't make a double post just to fix some kind of grammatical error that's as simple as the one you made. I don't think we have anyone so nit-picky that they'd purposely jump all over someone for making a spelling mistake that looks to be due to typing rather quickly. Sweat the small stuff, friend. :p

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 22:58:58

Well if I am correct in my assumption the user VadimGoD is the only right to distribute these games from his website "meetandfuck" (as he is the only one who has distributed these games on the site). Also the game is from a member's only site (which is why I couldn't provide a better link) where you have to pay to play these things. Highly suspicious, I would say definitely likely stolen.

P.S. couldn't find your writing thread lol

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-18 23:11:22

At 2/18/11 10:58 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Well if I am correct in my assumption the user VadimGoD is the only right to distribute these games from his website "meetandfuck" (as he is the only one who has distributed these games on the site). Also the game is from a member's only site (which is why I couldn't provide a better link) where you have to pay to play these things. Highly suspicious, I would say definitely likely stolen.

Very well could be then. Seeing as I haven't been around in quite the while, you'd know better than I would. XD I still voted on them anyways after whistling, just in case. I know it doesn't help out my whistle, but eeeeeeeeeeh...that's just the risk that you have to take. :p

P.S. couldn't find your writing thread lol

Check your NG inbox. ;)

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 10:04:57

Stolen flash:

It's the Techno Viking vid, probably nicked from youtube or wherever.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 10:09:16

One more:

A loop of a South park clip.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 10:26:53

Stolen game:

Original Link: http://www.beyblade.com/games/rip-it.asp x

Original author(s): Takafumi Adachi, MFBBProject, TV Tokyo

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 10:29:45

Another one. *sigh*

Original Link: http://www.beyblade.com/games/blade-race .aspx

Will he ever learn?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 13:49:45

At 2/19/11 10:29 AM, Tycrane wrote: Another one. *sigh*
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 2767
Original Link: http://www.beyblade.com/games/blade-race .aspx

Will he ever learn?

Damn, those Beyblade games are definitely stolen Im surprised it wasn't immediately flagged. Sorry I wasn't there to help flag I literally woke up 10 mins. ago (time change and all lol), if I were you I'd send a pm to Wade about the two stolen beyblade games with links. Aside from that (I'll beat Tails to it) whenever you say a video is stolen make sure you include links to a source or else wait until you have links before posting (Im referring to the south park and Viking vid you called stolen). Other then that great job dude, keep up the good work :D (hope im there to help next time D: )

note to self, Nevar sleep

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 15:52:20

Yeah, I hate it when obvious stolen flashes get through the portal. I just wish that there's a more convenient way of flagging stolen material so that they can't get through the portal easily enough. Maybe have like a 'purgatory' zone where all under judgment flashes which have been flagged numerous times (2 or 3+) go then maybe have an admin (or a mod) to check if the flash is stolen or not. If it's clear that the flash is not stolen then it gets through but if they do see that the flash is stolen then it gets blammed.

Dunno', just a thought.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 16:31:15

At 2/19/11 01:49 PM, BigMike47 wrote: (hope im there to help next time D: )

Likewise, DAMN DOING THINGS DURING THE DAY! >:(

Just got back home, so will be on and off checking stuff out throughout the evening. Was going to be going out with a girl from work, but she canceled due to having to be out and about with her father, so meh, always next weekend. :p

note to self, Nevar sleep

One, two Freddy's coming for you......

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 16:50:59

At 2/19/11 04:44 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Eeeeep!

1 Day! :D

Might I be missing something important by chance? o.O I've been gone a long time, and can't relate what could happen in a day...unless you mean it's your birthday or something. :p

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 17:01:39

At 2/19/11 04:50 PM, PowerPrower wrote: Might I be missing something important by chance? o.O I've been gone a long time, and can't relate what could happen in a day...unless you mean it's your birthday or something. :p

Lol I think that's when either my Rep ends ( it's been a long wait : ( ), something with the redesign happens, or his birthday. Other than that I have no clue...

man today's going by way too slow..

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 17:14:24

At 2/19/11 05:01 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Lol I think that's when either my Rep ends ( it's been a long wait : ( ), something with the redesign happens, or his birthday. Other than that I have no clue...

Accually it has.

LOL SORRY NO SPOILERS

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 21:18:25

Stolen Flash Alert!

Original Links: http://www.nekogames.jp/mt/2008/01/curso r10.html and this provides some background info. http://jayisgames.com/archives/2008/01/c ursor10.php

Original release date: 2008 by Yoshio Ishii

This was a tough call for me, but this game is copyrighted by Nekogames (nowhere in the author's website or newgrounds account does he state he's affililiated with Neko) so I believe this is definitely stolen.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 21:24:10

At 2/19/11 09:18 PM, BigMike47 wrote: I believe this is definitely stolen.

(C) Yoshio.

Producer: Diego.

Yeah, sometimes they really do make it easy with clues like that. Obvious theft.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 21:28:52

Stolen Flash number 2.

original links : http://www.nekogames.jp/mt/2009/02/curso r10_2s.html and info at http://jayisgames.com/archives/2009/02/c ursor10_2nd_session.php

original release: 2009 by Yoshio Ishii

Thanks for the backup Sheizenhammer, lol it amuses me that they think they can get these flashes past our view.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 22:46:30

Congrats Mike, I'm none too surprised that you got into the ranks. :) Keep up the good work, sir! *salutes*

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 22:58:29

At 2/19/11 06:40 PM, Lizzardis wrote: For a few more hours for my American friends.
I can officially say that BigMike's REP has ended, and with 6 Votes Yes, and 0 Votes No... He's welcomes into the NGPD with big wide open arms and his name has officially been placed onto the NGPD roster for all to see and cherish upon!

Welcome aboard Mike! I hope you enjoy your stay with us here in the NGPD!

Awesome! Thank you sir, I will serve the portal to the best of my ability and always remain viligent to keep the stolen crud out. It will be an honor to defend the portal with you guys (not to mention fun as heck), thanks for the welcome and looking forward to checkin out the private forums lol.

*salutes*

P.S. Ice cream cake on me :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 23:01:58

I already knew but I'm still very glad.

This also gave me a new idea for a future flash. As Mike and Prower have been working together, they will most certainly be team mates in it.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-19 23:43:52

Congrats BigMike, on passing the apprenticeship with flying colors! Honestly speaking, I wasn't surprised that the voters chose unanimously to allow you to become an official member - you've already set wondrous examples of the kind of dedication and vigilance that the Portal needs.

Welcome to the fold.
*Salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-20 02:00:27

Well, as to not jack up my sleep schedule and be all wonked out for work tomorrow, I'll be heading off now. Gonna make sure to get my experience for the day first though, IF there's anything new to even check by this point.

OVERALL POINTS OF INTEREST
- Congrats again to BigMike47 for passing his entrance exam-esque time!
- I have a intro story written out to put on the site, for anyone who might actually pay attention to the literature section! It's not up yet, since I want to mull through it to be sure there aren't any typos, and I can't count on turkey eyes right now to get me through that process... =_=

or spell check, since yeah, TOO TIRED.

- I get to be the glorified babysitter at work tomorrow, and get to tell people in my department what to do and when. Yay or not yay? Time shall tell.

Until tomorrow guys, see you around, and hopefully your Sundays end up going pretty well for you all.

*salutes*

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-20 02:20:24

At 2/19/11 11:43 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Welcome to the fold.
*Salute*

Yay, I feel all loved lol. Thank you Tails, Im glad to be here *salutes*

At 2/19/11 11:01 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: This also gave me a new idea for a future flash. As Mike and Prower have been working together, they will most certainly be team mates in it.

Haha awesome, if ever you need any help with the flash let me know :D. As for now Im signing off, as I too must work the dreaded Sunday Shift.

C ya guys

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-20 09:32:54

Stolen flash game:

Original game link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 5739

Original author: http://uknownxl.newgrounds.com/

I can't believe how stupid this guy is, uploading a game which is already in Newgrounds and taking the credit for it. Tut tut..

Also grats to Bigmike for officially joining the ranks of NGPD. I salute to you good sir.

now I feel like I wanna' join :P