00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Itspanzinobro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,815 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 22:04:54

At 4/20/11 10:02 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Hey guys. Anyone remember that little cannon that was posted in the lounge some time ago
well I guess the same guy is still at it.....
Damn I want one of these..... it doesn't have to be gold and silver, but just functional....

Holy crap that's awesome.
Also, Liza Minnelli scares me D:

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 22:07:52

At 4/20/11 09:58 PM, Rockyusa wrote:
At 4/20/11 09:29 PM, BarkBarkBOOM wrote:
At 4/20/11 07:10 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Posting random liza minelli pictures to fill out the page seems the only logical move...
you mean this ugly bitch?
Or this one?

And there go my chances of getting any sleep tonight.

Art Forum Lounge

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 22:18:46

At 4/20/11 10:07 PM, Luxembourg wrote: And there go my chances of getting any sleep tonight.

you're in the newgrounds forum. there's only loosing sleep in here

Still, I know there are Twilight forums with more posting options than the NG BBS.

My gallery

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 22:51:26

So I leave for a few weeks annnd I come back to a bunch of MS Paint threads?! What has happened to our beloved art forum? Now people are posting way too much MS Paint and trying to pass it as legit artwork. ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

So how's everyone been?

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 22:58:42

At 4/20/11 10:51 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: So I leave for a few weeks annnd I come back to a bunch of MS Paint threads?! What has happened to our beloved art forum? Now people are posting way too much MS Paint and trying to pass it as legit artwork. ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

So how's everyone been?

but I worked so hard on this for you..... Praise me.....

Please, I need this..... or I'll slit something..... like my ankle or earlobe....

I'm doing alright, obviously....

all I gotta do is get my knife out of my picket..... and..... :'(

Art Forum Lounge

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 23:03:50

off topic...if there was one, but is the art forum doing anything for pico day, i see no collabs or contests :(

is anybody doing anything solo either?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 23:05:50

At 4/20/11 11:03 PM, Ashman wrote: off topic...if there was one, but is the art forum doing anything for pico day, i see no collabs or contests :(

I have been thinking of doing something since last year.... that means I might have something for next year....

I am truly dedicated to my procrastination

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-20 23:20:52

At 4/20/11 11:03 PM, Ashman wrote: off topic...if there was one, but is the art forum doing anything for pico day, i see no collabs or contests :(

Though about it, even sketched something out. But with a cavalcade of problems, including a computer crash that wiped what work I had done, I gave up on it.

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 03:25:48

I'm so pissed. It's 3:26 in the morning and I can't fall asleep. I went to sleep round 10:30/11 because I have to get up at 6 this morning, woke up round 12 because my housemate was possibly on the phone, fell back asleep, woke up at 1 because he was watching a movie and I could hear the bass, and I haven't been able to fall back asleep since.

I'm turning into ash D:

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 03:37:50

At 4/21/11 03:25 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I'm turning into ash D:

you have not reached my level of portal 2 induced insomnia

plus your not a monotone brit

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 03:45:12

At 4/21/11 03:37 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 4/21/11 03:25 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I'm turning into ash D:
you have not reached my level of portal 2 induced insomnia

I said turning into, not already become D:

plus your not a monotone brit

"Bah Jonny, I hate you, I don't sound anything like that"

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 03:49:50

At 4/21/11 03:45 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: "Bah Jonny, I hate you, I don't sound anything like that"

haters gonna hate

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 04:23:06

I just find it weird why I don't deserve a perm ban. I steal your popcorns...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 04:34:18

At 4/21/11 04:23 AM, Droghead wrote: I steal your popcorns...

STONE HIM!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 04:35:32

At 4/21/11 03:45 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Some shit no one cares about.

WELCOME BACK.
You better be on stickam tomorrow...!
...I mean later.
How'd that exam go? :O

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 04:45:53

At 4/21/11 04:35 AM, Kumakun4 wrote: WELCOME BACK.
You better be on stickam tomorrow...!
...I mean later.
How'd that exam go? :O

I'll try, unless I just sleep away the rest of the day.
Exam was fine, blitzed out a 6 page essay in an hour and a half.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 04:53:23

Geez guys... get your shit together. Don't you have some mutually agreed code of conduct or whatever? So amateur...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 05:12:32

At 4/21/11 05:08 AM, Larkatosa wrote: Do anyone even know what is going on in here now? I sure know I don't .. let us talk about something random and slightly unfunny. You go first!

It's 5:13 in the morning and I'm still awake D:

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 05:25:46

At 4/21/11 05:14 AM, Larkatosa wrote: Do you have work/school today as well?

Fortunately, no. Yesterday was my last exam. I'm getting a ride home at 7am.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 05:33:54

At 4/21/11 04:53 AM, J-qb wrote: Geez guys... get your shit together. Don't you have some mutually agreed code of conduct or whatever? So amateur...

I have agreed with it. I was just trying to be funny :}

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 05:41:03

At 4/21/11 05:33 AM, Droghead wrote:
At 4/21/11 04:53 AM, J-qb wrote: Geez guys... get your shit together. Don't you have some mutually agreed code of conduct or whatever? So amateur...

I was talking to/about the mods

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 08:11:09

At 4/21/11 05:41 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 4/21/11 05:33 AM, Droghead wrote:
I was talking to/about the mods

Ah ok. The mods are cool, though. The finest you find over the whole internet, Newgrounds. That is what I have gathered though throughout my 10 years old BBS journey.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 10:47:01

Alrighty guys, the young lady i am seeing and I are teaming up to create a comic, as a series or at least a single issue. She is the writer, I am the artist. The concept is essentially rock 'n roll= elemental powers. We have characters, and they have been granted weaponized instruments by their spirit guides, the elders of rock (Freddy Mercury, David Bowie, Elton John, etc. etc.) Thing is, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask you guys for your input on what we should include. The story vibe is kinda brutal legend meets scooby doo, meets The Justice League, with a little bit of Star Wars cosmology thrown in.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 10:48:12

Hey guys, does anybody have experience with street art? I stumbled across this site about german street art and most uploads seem to belong to this guy.

Some pieces are really cool and have a lot of work put into them and some are plain simple but still kinda original. Like the piece below.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 10:54:05

Rock and Roll is the embodiment of vitality, life, and change, which is the only way to stave off the evil of entropy, the heat death of the universe. Our band runs around earth kicking ass and playing sold out shows. Their headquarters is an old fire station (ghost-busters style) and they have a mystery machine-esque tour bus (which may or may not transform into a giant robot). Their foes are many, including an evil emo band (who understandably are all for the universe ending) which has as a member a robot Hitler. Also they have to put a stop to various musical atrocities (The Bieber Fever) committed by the darkness.

So, opinions?

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 11:31:09

At 4/21/11 10:54 AM, Vousielle wrote: So, opinions?

Well, it's a funky idea, but make sure to have a varied line up of rock stars. You don't want just a team of front men, you need some epic guitarists and drummers and what not.
Or, fuck it, just make it about Queen.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 11:32:11

At 4/21/11 08:11 AM, Droghead wrote: Ah ok. The mods are cool, though. The finest you find over the whole internet, Newgrounds. That is what I have gathered though throughout my 10 years old BBS journey.

Yeah I know.. I just think they acted a bit unprofessional that time there... ya know, making decisions, undoing them; not forming one team; discussing their shit in the lounge...

At 4/21/11 10:47 AM, Vousielle wrote: ....the elders of rock (.... Elton John,...)

wha?!?

anyways nice idea, sounds a bit much like scott pilgrim to me though... but I guess thats no problem as long as you give it your own vibe.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 11:42:26

At 4/21/11 10:54 AM, Vousielle wrote: Rock and Roll is the embodiment of vitality, life, and change, which is the only way to stave off the evil of entropy, the heat death of the universe. Our band runs around earth kicking ass and playing sold out shows. Their headquarters is an old fire station (ghost-busters style) and they have a mystery machine-esque tour bus (which may or may not transform into a giant robot). Their foes are many, including an evil emo band (who understandably are all for the universe ending) which has as a member a robot Hitler. Also they have to put a stop to various musical atrocities (The Bieber Fever) committed by the darkness.

So, opinions?

Sounds like one hell of an adventure. But...
1. My Turtle Head Was Way Too Slow To Catch Up With That Intense PaceAnd
2. I Feel Like Ive Truend Dyslexik:< And
3. I Just Realise My Eyes Are Very BigLike I TOok Way Too Much Stims

No, but seriously, I kind of like it. What strikes me is how you could have missed death metal bands, black metal bands and white metal bands. What about a script including all four?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 13:18:50

I love me some Freddy Mercury but wouldn't Bo Diddly, Chuck Berry, Little Richard more like the elders of rock or at least it's progenitors. Then there's the popularization (Elvis, Buddy Holly), surf (Surfaris, The Ventures) and doowop, then the invasion (Beatles, Monkees, Rolling Stones), blues rock and stuff (Fleetwood Mac, Muddy Waters, Led Zepplin (they fit into a lot of places)), psychedelic (Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix and The Doors) advent of metal and glam rock (Queen, Bowie, Aerosmith, AC/DC), Punk (Sex Pistols), New Wave/Post-Punk (Joy Division, The Police)
And that's pretty much til the 80s I guess and everyone knows what happens now but I doubt you wanna be that exact or specific but it covers a lot of styles of rock.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-04-21 13:21:52

My spring break started 2 hours ago.

FUCK YEAH!