New Topic Respond to this Topic
Vousielle
Vousielle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 10/8/10 02:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: My mystery box is the Taiwan package.

I gots yer Taiwan package right here buddy! *clutches crotch, pelvic thrusts*

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 10/8/10 09:58 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 10/8/10 09:55 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: congrats! it looks awesome!
also yeah, @ above people: tl;dr.
Thanks Kashi! Is the forum always so serious these days?

What's wrong about seriousness exactly, It wouldn't be as sincere say if you were not keeping a straight face.

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 11:23 PM Reply

HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME.
I want a camera for art projects and hanging out with people and stuff.
I kind of want an SLR, but they're very expensive, and I'm just in school with no job at the moment, so 1000 to 7000 dollars is kind of out of my range.
I was looking at this one:

Here is the camera.

Is this a generally good choice for the cost? Anyone else have this/something like it?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 9th, 2010 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 10/8/10 10:57 PM, Vousielle wrote:
At 10/8/10 02:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: My mystery box is the Taiwan package.
I gots yer Taiwan package right here buddy! *clutches crotch, pelvic thrusts*

Hold it for me mate.
My birthday is coming up soon ;)

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Wow, the lounge has been stale for over 2 days....

Also,
HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!!!!

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 12:26 PM Reply

level +1, stat whore impulses are kicking in

Ryajin-Geki
Ryajin-Geki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 01:47 PM Reply

How do you remove people's review from artworks? If you look at my page art and view the comments I got on my "Mickey vs Me" fanart. You'll see unhelpful, very negative reviews. I know they can be removed since, mine have from others art and flashes.

I truly believe these guys just spammed my art with 0s till I was unscouted. Now I know my artwork is definitely not the greatest, but I think it's unfair that people can do that. Or is there a way to block these people so they can't review and 0 spam me off the boards again if I get rescouted.

I didn't know where to post this.

TheDCFoxCrew
TheDCFoxCrew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 02:11 PM Reply

is anyone good at drawing some pretty cool stick figures?? if so hit me up

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 02:11 PM, TheDCFoxCrew wrote: is anyone good at drawing some pretty cool stick figures?? if so hit me up

you have a thread, no need to spam it everywhere, if you must post everywhere, try here

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 11:55 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Wow, the lounge has been stale for over 2 days....

Also,
HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!!!!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Johnny! How would I celebrate this day if I was canadian? Tell me...

Also Ash, can you draw me a stick figure, pleez? Or can you explain to me? Are the legs attached to the head or the other way around? :P

At 10/11/10 01:47 PM, Ryajin-Geki wrote: How do you remove people's review from artworks?

You can't remove them yourself. If they are abusive you can flag them and if enough users flag them, they may get removed. You can not stop them from reviewing further submissions though.

BBS Signature
LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:14 PM Reply

I have a great art contest in mind. It is called Draw This Newgrounds and all that you have to do is to draw something according to a specific theme that changes weekly. Every Saturday, I will review the submitted drawings and the one that impresses me the most is the winner and when Sunday rolls around, you can suggest me ideas for the next weeks theme. All that you need to remember is to put in the Draw This logo in the bottom, followed by the date of creation in Month-Day-Year format and your user name.

When creating the thumbnail of your drawing, remember to crop the image so that it shows the Draw This logo in the thumbnail. Here is an image of what the logo looks like. Because it is a rough sketch, it might look different to what you see here in the actual submissions.

Art Forum Lounge

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 01:47 PM, Ryajin-Geki wrote: I didn't know where to post this.

That's because we don't encourage people to post this stuff in the forums. You should pm a review mod (listed in the help/faq section, ornery is your best bet). But since we're here... right now I can't delete them... need more people to flag 'em.

Not sure about your scouting situation. If it happened recently, it was probably because the person that scouted you or someone above them got cut. If it happened a while ago... it's been too long to look it up. Sorry :P

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:21 PM Reply

Maybe a bit more effort in the logo champ?

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 03:14 PM, Alisbet wrote: I have a great art contest in mind.

That's brilliant! Wish I'd thought of it!

Good luck!

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 03:14 PM, Alisbet wrote: When creating the thumbnail of your drawing, remember to crop the image so that it shows the Draw This logo in the thumbnail. Here is an image of what the logo looks like. Because it is a rough sketch, it might look different to what you see here in the actual submissions.

1. what does that even say
2. also, been done

and we have the weekly contests, chows cow etc, which are voted on by the community, having one person choosing a winner may be a bit biased

LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 03:25 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/11/10 03:14 PM, Alisbet wrote: When creating the thumbnail of your drawing, remember to crop the image so that it shows the Draw This logo in the thumbnail. Here is an image of what the logo looks like. Because it is a rough sketch, it might look different to what you see here in the actual submissions.
1. what does that even say
2. also, been done

and we have the weekly contests, chows cow etc, which are voted on by the community, having one person choosing a winner may be a bit biased

This is a little different than that Flood the Portal Fridays stuff. Also, I suppose I can make it so that the winner of the previous week gets the honour of choosing the next winner as well as the next theme. How does that sound?

Ryajin-Geki
Ryajin-Geki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 03:21 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 10/11/10 01:47 PM, Ryajin-Geki wrote: I didn't know where to post this.
That's because we don't encourage people to post this stuff in the forums. You should pm a review mod (listed in the help/faq section, ornery is your best bet). But since we're here... right now I can't delete them... need more people to flag 'em.

Not sure about your scouting situation. If it happened recently, it was probably because the person that scouted you or someone above them got cut. If it happened a while ago... it's been too long to look it up. Sorry :P

Yeah sorry about that! It happened I believe just before summer. The person who scouted me is still on the art portal thankfully. But I messaged Ornery thank you the help though. I love you guys :3

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 03:44 PM, Alisbet wrote: This is a little different than that Flood the Portal Fridays stuff. Also, I suppose I can make it so that the winner of the previous week gets the honour of choosing the next winner as well as the next theme. How does that sound?

having 1 person picking a winner would still cause problems, just do it as a mass vote like the other weeklies, if you actually get around to doing it

on a completely unrelated note, its manhunt time, zombie-eskimo, you know what you did

PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 03:14 PM, Alisbet wrote: Every Saturday, I will review the submitted drawings and the one that impresses me the most is the winner and when Sunday rolls around, you can suggest me ideas for the next weeks theme.

oh i get it

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 04:00 PM, Ashman wrote:

on a completely unrelated note, its manhunt time, zombie-eskimo, you know what you did

You have unleashed pandora's wrath upon the art portal. Why, why?

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Nae
Nae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 05:02 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote: oh i get it

You cheeky monkey!!

Art Forum Lounge

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 06:38 PM Reply

I went to the dentist and got the best two fillings I've ever gotten. No odd feelings or dull pains.

Then I went home and tried to drink some root beer after a couple of hours.

The right side of my mouth failed to respond and I spit root beer all over myself.

Fucking Novocaine.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Ryajin-Geki
Ryajin-Geki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 06:38 PM, Felis wrote: I went to the dentist and got the best two fillings I've ever gotten. No odd feelings or dull pains.

The right side of my mouth failed to respond and I spit root beer all over myself.

Fucking Novocaine.

wow that sucks, but you know that could be an awesome picture if you drew yourself in cartoon form doing that. Or if you don't mind I'll draw it :D For the Lawlz

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 06:38 PM, Felis wrote: I went to the dentist and got the best two fillings I've ever gotten. No odd feelings or dull pains.

Fucking Novocaine.

no...
ROOT BEER SUCKS!
cmon! who thought of making beer out of the root of a plant in the first place? Theres a reason why they hide them under the ground yaknow?!?!

gosh!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Ryajin-Geki
Ryajin-Geki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 10:28 PM Reply

Can I get some opinions on this at the moment? Should I add some smoke to the volcanoes or add more light since they are at the peak of their eruptions. Also how does the flying debris look thus far? Any suggestions on those? The lava looks good to me but open to suggestions.

Art Forum Lounge

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 10:28 PM, Ryajin-Geki wrote: Can I get some opinions on this at the moment? Should I add some smoke to the volcanoes or add more light since they are at the peak of their eruptions. Also how does the flying debris look thus far? Any suggestions on those? The lava looks good to me but open to suggestions.

Your volcanoes need more orange. And yes, I think you should add smoke to make the scene even more dramatic. That's all I can say.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 11:07 PM Reply

Have you guys ever gotten into a niche where you just can't draw? Im kinda stuck in one right now. I try to draw something, and it just won't come out. I'll try to draw a portrait, or a still life, or anything, for that matter. Its incredibly frustrating and upsetting. How do you get out of this?

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 11:07 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Have you guys ever gotten into a niche where you just can't draw? Im kinda stuck in one right now. I try to draw something, and it just won't come out. I'll try to draw a portrait, or a still life, or anything, for that matter. Its incredibly frustrating and upsetting. How do you get out of this?

It's called Drawing Block, or something, the equivalent of writer's Block. The best way that I've found to get out of it is simply to have the tenacity to draw a picture then move on, and not expecting it to be good. To take pride that you're able to produce drawings, not to expect yourself to produce anything good. Otherwise, can't be helped.

At 10/11/10 10:28 PM, Ryajin-Geki wrote: Can I get some opinions on this at the moment? Should I add some smoke to the volcanoes or add more light since they are at the peak of their eruptions. Also how does the flying debris look thus far? Any suggestions on those? The lava looks good to me but open to suggestions.

It's a volcanic piece. You want big, you want drama, you want as much smoke and lightening, and lighting, as you can possibly get - get cram as much dramatic positioning into it as you can possibly get, right now it looks fairly tame. Not happy with the smoke? Throw a lava-kraken in there. You heard me, a motherfucking lava-kraken. Plus the pictures of the Gods smiting mortals... and and fire, and more fire.

I got carried away, but you get the idea
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 10:28 PM, Ryajin-Geki wrote: Can I get some opinions on this at the moment?

This is exactly what the lounge ISN'T for... make a thread :P

At 10/11/10 11:07 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Have you guys ever gotten into a niche where you just can't draw?

Been there ...for like two years now. lol :'(

Ryajin-Geki
Ryajin-Geki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 11:38 PM Reply

A motherfucking lava Kraken, and some orange, and smoke. Not good with monsters so I am going to have to leave the motherfucking lava kraken out for now.