00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shoutoutzo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,835 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-11-20 21:08:30

At 11/20/08 07:19 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Ok guys, have you ever gone too draw when this dumbass kid comes over you'r shoulder constanly watches you and then finaly says "Omg you traced that!" or "Thats shit" when you'r just doing little doodles and not putting much effort into it.

i get the opposite most days. 90% of the kids in my school don't draw past stick-figures, so my finished works and my li'l doodles get the conversation:
"You drew that?"
"uhh...yah"
"that's good!"
I nod and mumble appreciatively, then go back to drawing.

yes, i'm complaining about compliments. i feel like i'm getting complacent and not learning.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-10 22:07:26

At 11/20/08 09:08 PM, kernalphage wrote: i get the opposite most days. 90% of the kids in my school don't draw past stick-figures, so my finished works and my li'l doodles get the conversation:
"You drew that?"
"uhh...yah"
"that's good!"
I nod and mumble appreciatively, then go back to drawing.

yes, i'm complaining about compliments. i feel like i'm getting complacent and not learning.

I often feel the same way. I generally am very embarassed when people notice and compliment my work.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-10 22:23:31

i get the opposite most days. 90% of the kids in my school don't draw past stick-figures, so my finished works and my li'l doodles get the conversation:
"You drew that?"
"uhh...yah"
"that's good!"

jesus christ I hate this. It used to happen all the time when I was in high school. So damn annoying when you're drawing something and they ask me if I drew it. "well...I am currently drawing it, SO YEA! I FUCKIN DREW IT!"

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-10 23:16:58

At 12/10/08 10:07 PM, Vousielle wrote: I often feel the same way. I generally am very embarassed when people notice and compliment my work.

lol, I'm like the exact opposite of you guys

getting someone to even take notice of my stuff is tough, let alone getting a compliment.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 00:07:11

At 12/10/08 10:23 PM, Fleshlight wrote: jesus christ I hate this. It used to happen all the time when I was in high school. So damn annoying when you're drawing something and they ask me if I drew it. "well...I am currently drawing it, SO YEA! I FUCKIN DREW IT!"

roflcopter, I guess kids think you have to be in your late 40's and have a masters degree in art to be able to produce something more than a stick figure.

Also, hello everyone. I never knew this lounge existed, so uhh...yeah I'll be posting here some times :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 06:30:02

At 12/10/08 10:23 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
jesus christ I hate this. It used to happen all the time when I was in high school. So damn annoying when you're drawing something and they ask me if I drew it. "well...I am currently drawing it, SO YEA! I FUCKIN DREW IT!"

LOL... this just about happens to anyone that's artist in Highschool.

apparently, It's a astounding discovery to others : O !

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.

Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 09:19:49

LOL... this just about happens to anyone that's artist in Highschool.

apparently, It's a astounding discovery to others : O !

Even in college people give out a ton of compliments. haven't they ever seen digital painting before? gawd

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 10:38:28

I'm sad no one is voting for me, hey Kraig maybe you should put a "most assholish artist" on there.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 10:42:00

At 12/11/08 10:38 AM, ngmastah wrote: I'm sad no one is voting for me, hey Kraig maybe you should put a "most assholish artist" on there.

There's still a lot of time left. ;] I wanted to keep the cateories positive (I think I might be in the running for "assholish artist" too).

Narf109 did vote for you for "Most Improved Artist," that's something, if you ask me.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 15:15:04

At 12/11/08 10:42 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I think I might be in the running for "assholish artist" too.

NOT :P ...you are <3'd!! I need to collect my thoughts a post my votes! ...but it's such a whirlwind of activity 'round these here parts! lol

I just wanted to add: ooOOhh! pretty side banners! I feel all warm 'n toasty!! Totally diggin' it! :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 16:36:06

so much is happening at the same time XD

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 19:36:50

The past couple of days, I did the greatest thing for my computer. I downgraded back to XP! I decided to give CS4 another shot, and everything works so damn smoothly now. Things were really frustrating with vista that I gave up on drawing in Photoshop and Flash for a while.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 19:47:18

At 12/11/08 07:36 PM, Fleshlight wrote: The past couple of days, I did the greatest thing for the art forum.

Edited for accuracy! :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-11 20:04:53

haha, i don't really have the problem with people asking me if i drew something, but that's largely because i tend to keep it to myself unless i'm showing it to another artist. I always feel awkward when confronted by a random person asking "How you do that?" or "Why you draw that crazy shit?" it's always more trouble than it's worth describing a process and i can never explain why i drew something.

Man i'm tired i'm banking on a snowday tommorow, but it's all okay i'm in a good mood because i have one vote for me in the awards, it made my day i feel loved

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 16:18:27

Anyone else going to vote on the Art Forum Awards (I'm looking at you ReNaeNae)?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 17:21:54

I've done so already, and I still haven't received my bribe. I mean, incentive.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 18:45:40

At 12/15/08 04:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Anyone else going to vote on the Art Forum Awards (I'm looking at you ReNaeNae)?

...sorry, the what now?
lol :P

it's too hard to chooooose!!! waahhhaaaaaaa! :'(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 18:48:28

kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 19:18:28

At 12/15/08 06:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...sorry, the what now?

C'mon, do it!! You drew a circle, you can do this too!

At 12/15/08 06:48 PM, tmkunt wrote: kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

Dile was is an awesome artist, and it's a loss to the forum that he doesn't post here anymore. I never interacted with him on a personal level, though, unfortunately.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 19:30:52

At 12/15/08 06:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 12/15/08 04:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Anyone else going to vote on the Art Forum Awards (I'm looking at you ReNaeNae)?
...sorry, the what now?

if it makes it any easier you can just choose me as your choice in every category.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-15 19:32:00

At 12/15/08 06:48 PM, tmkunt wrote: kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

I joined just soon after Dile and new nothing about him. Then Neolight told me of him and I am amazed by his stuff. I miss him and didn't know him :(

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-16 13:56:08

The very mention of his name makes me weep.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-16 16:21:17

My scanners sucks so iv been thinking about getting a Wacom Graphics Tablet but im not sure how good they are, does anybody have one or have some advice about them?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-16 16:46:32

At 12/16/08 04:21 PM, VannillaBear wrote: My scanners sucks so iv been thinking about getting a Wacom Graphics Tablet but im not sure how good they are, does anybody have one or have some advice about them?

From what I've heard/been told/read/learned/experienced Wacom makes the best tablet peripherals. I have a (now ancient and no longer produced in it's current form) Wacom Graphire 3 and it still works great, but have upgraded to a Wacom Penabled Tablet PC. If you like to do computer art, but don't like the feel of using a mouse for it, definately get a tablet, and if you do, I would reccomend getting a Wacom.

The Official Tablet Thread has some info. Remember; bigger isn't always better, if you can try some out before buying do that to get a feel for it, see if you like using it and try out some different sizes. Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-20 17:51:39

I made this awhile ago. Funny, right?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-20 20:53:47

Does anyone here know about New Media? I'm thinking of switching my Graphic Design major to NM because I enjoy just doing digital drawing. I keep hearing that it's a lot of movie making and audio though (actually it's a bunch of crap for one major, which is why it's so confusing). I just don't think I want to go into GD.

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask, but it might help me make my decision.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-20 20:59:54

At 12/20/08 08:53 PM, Fleshlight wrote:

It probably isnt, you should probably google it and research it before you change, you dont wanna get stuck in something you hate.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-20 22:50:24

At 12/20/08 08:59 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 12/20/08 08:53 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
It probably isnt, you should probably google it and research it before you change, you dont wanna get stuck in something you hate.

I've been researching it, went to a couple of lectures about it, discussed it with some NM students, and I still don't know if I should take that major.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 15:27:25

Lulz...

I think I have my first imitator... unless this is some kind of insane coincidence. Weird.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-12-23 15:54:49

At 12/23/08 03:27 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Lulz...

I think I have my first imitator... unless this is some kind of insane coincidence. Weird.

lol yeah it is a coincidence, ist kreig basically means is cool, that is weird.

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature