00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Hanging (Storyline) Collab

13,870 Views | 348 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 10:11:27

At 3/11/08 09:07 PM, silvaness wrote: well heres my idea and i havent made the actual flash but if u guys like it ill put it in the movie.
basically im going to make fun of the guy from the jem video.again...lol well i am going to animate him dancing when all of a sudden somthing or someone shoots him. i know theres already a scene like that but...wat the heck. heres the pick of the guy. tell me wat u think.
the jem guy picture
im all guessing you all know who he is...if not heres his riduculous movie

original jem video

lol. A JEM parody would be funny, but it would make more sense if we had the JEM music on there--so I don't think it will get the full effect. Also, we're almost done with the collab--so if you do want to make a part, make it good and make it soon ;)

Not that it wouldn't be a good part--that'll be determined if and when you make it ;)

I just thought of something. For parts that go past the amount of parts needed for the song, I could do another song, or even better--have a "deleted scenes" section. Parts that didn't fit would go there. Parts that get sent there wouldn't get co, but they would at least be viewable ;)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 10:12:39

At 3/11/08 09:34 PM, trekopep wrote: Hey, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but did the bomb defusing guy's arm get messed up a bit at the very beginning? Also, it looks great.

Okay, it wasn't just me. I'll fix that ASAP :D

BTW!!! I got a top 30 of all time song this week and a Daily Award for my part in Black 'n White 7! YAY!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 11:24:50

cool! What did you use to make your songs. What software? if you used one.

Also ive got a great idea for the credits but it mixes with the final part. So i could do both. Ill send it to you ASAP when im finished.

WELL DONE ON THE AWARD, and i noticed ur song was in top 30. I put it as one of my favourites!

Ryan - If homework is work then how come I dont get paid?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 17:30:42

hey! by the way i made some credits!
Just to let you know. Heres the link to see it.Credits
Note: You may have to refresh a couple of times to get it all loaded.
Also sorry that its out of time. But its not in my swf or my fla? dunno why? but if/when i send you the fla it will be on time:D

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 17:43:06

At 3/12/08 05:30 PM, Ryan094 wrote: hey! by the way i made some credits!
Just to let you know. Heres the link to see it.Credits
Note: You may have to refresh a couple of times to get it all loaded.
Also sorry that its out of time. But its not in my swf or my fla? dunno why? but if/when i send you the fla it will be on time:D

I dont liek the fact that you've used a "fanboy" song grab a new one out of the audio portal, its much better..

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 17:47:00

Hey, could I try making credits too? Maybe? Perhaps? Maybe not, but... we'll see what I think of my own work. :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 17:52:34

Ill make some n all ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 18:22:27

I dont liek the fact that you've used a "fanboy" song grab a new one out of the audio portal, its much better..

its just a song. Ill see what ShirkDeio thinks. And yeah u 2 make some too then we can have the best one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 18:36:32

I started making my menu, gotta do somethign with the bg though.. :S and music..

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 18:49:02

At 3/12/08 06:36 PM, adman1993 wrote: I started making my menu, gotta do somethign with the bg though.. :S and music..

Personally, I like Shirkdeio's menu better. :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-12 18:55:03

im not sure actually. They're both awesome! But at least you have Bios in there which ive wanted. But maybe with music we could decide easier. But really nice job.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 10:34:32

Later today I'll send my credits and see what you all think (oh yeah, btw, I made credits as well =p).

Nice job on your credits, Ryan, we'll see which one the majority likes ;)

Nice menu Adman, I like mine, but either way I'll be glad--which one does everyone else prefer?

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 11:47:53

well ive updated my credits a lot. Changed music and stuff but can i see yours too, thanx.

Also im not sure whos menu is better. Maybe you could try spicing up your menu ShirkDeio but i might say that adman's menu is a bit better. Maybe if he improved the stripes that go across the buttons a bit cos they're a bit choppy and add some cool music.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 11:57:36

the strips are only choppy because of lag, if you look i set the quality to low when they come on to try to prevent this, and it will look better with the bg promise ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 12:41:10

alright cool but it does already look awesome.

Also heres my updated credits!
Credits Updated

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 14:10:28

Here are my credits. They can be found at the end of the collab or when you click "credits."

I'll update my menu later.

The Hanging Collab

I'll be trying to fix a music problem also--making the music be done at the right time. It's on event, and stream won't work because each part is in a movieclip (so stream would play music in-between parts only >_<).

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 14:24:06

its really good. But can you make my part of it the bungee jumping it and not the volcano cos not much happens in that and the bungee jump is my best thanx!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 14:28:07

At 3/13/08 02:24 PM, Ryan094 wrote: its really good. But can you make my part of it the bungee jumping it and not the volcano cos not much happens in that and the bungee jump is my best thanx!

k

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 15:45:04

At 3/13/08 02:28 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: k

shirk! get on aim!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 16:16:21

At 3/13/08 02:10 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: Here are my credits. They can be found at the end of the collab or when you click "credits."

I'll update my menu later.

The Hanging Collab

really cool :D

my part will be finished soon ;)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 16:46:11

At 3/13/08 04:16 PM, flashfrog wrote: my part will be finished soon ;)

Sweet, that will get us done with the collab (or at least 99.9% done lol)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 18:02:10

Alright, nevermind. We're done. Any more parts I get will either replace the lower quality parts in the collab right now or go to my deleted scenes section. It works out better this way, as far as music goes.

Don't let that stop you from making/finishing parts! I'd really like to see a couple more really good parts in this collab before it launches!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 19:21:36

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 19:38:55

BRILLIANT. This collab is great. Everything is top notch.

Its a shame you dont have bios in though. but i guess that would be hard to get info bout everyone but itsok without it. Well thats fantastic! SO when will you submit it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 19:39:06

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!

great work sequencing it and putting credits in and everything, its all really good. when will you submit it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 20:00:01

also, make sure you have a cool icon for the movie when you submit it!
Cant wait till this gets submitted!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 21:13:47

Just a few things I thought I should point out...

At the end of the final part you made, should it turn black? Because when I watched it, it did the shutting-off thing, but the picture was still there until the credits came on. Also, when I clicked on the credits button on the main menu, it showed some of the first part of your submission. Or something like that.

Also, should I co-author you or something? I'm still not really sure ho the whole co-author thing works. :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 21:32:24

At 3/13/08 09:13 PM, trekopep wrote:
Also, should I co-author you or something? I'm still not really sure ho the whole co-author thing works. :P

in your "my account" go to portal buddies and type in ShirkDeio in the add someone textbox. I think I read that you had 9 slots, so I guess that means I'll get one of those... I hope, so I'll go add you now my self, shirk :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-13 21:37:03

Well, here are my credits. Don't worry. I won't be offended if you don't use them. Personally, I like your better anyways. But just in case you wanted to see them...

http://www.ucuaah.com/up/view/hanging_co llab_credits.swf

Also, in the credits when it shows the santa clip, the light stops swinging back and forth suddenly. Other than that, it's all great! Can't wait for this to be on NG. xD

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 00:01:57

If there are still entries available, maybe I could sign up...

http://www.swfup.com/file/155014

It's a work in progress, but is this good? O_o I wanted it to be sketch-like.

BBS Signature