00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Hanging (Storyline) Collab

13,876 Views | 348 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-24 17:14:58

At 3/24/08 04:22 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: I'm working on it...

I'm making a Pico Day game, so I'm really busy and being pressured there. This is also causing pressure. So be patient, please. I should have it all done and ready today, but that all depends on if I can finish a certain portion of the game.

Either way, I should be ready by Thursday, which, according to Ryan, will be the next available good time to launch.

Don't worry about me. I'm fine and dandy as long as it comes out period.

Although I hope to see it soon. :P

Also, should we still write what we want you to put in the comments for our... uh... comments? Or whatever?

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-24 17:43:41

At 3/24/08 05:14 PM, trekopep wrote:
At 3/24/08 04:22 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: I'm working on it...

I'm making a Pico Day game, so I'm really busy and being pressured there. This is also causing pressure. So be patient, please. I should have it all done and ready today, but that all depends on if I can finish a certain portion of the game.

Either way, I should be ready by Thursday, which, according to Ryan, will be the next available good time to launch.
Don't worry about me. I'm fine and dandy as long as it comes out period.

Although I hope to see it soon. :P

Also, should we still write what we want you to put in the comments for our... uh... comments? Or whatever?

Yep, if you want to comment in the submission page, post what you want to say here.

Here's what I hope is the final version. Let me know if it needs any changes (does the music play long enough for you, etc).

The Hanging Collab

If you haven't added me as a portal buddy, do so now! (I don't know who hasn't, I'm just reminding =p)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-24 23:02:19

Edit: The Hanging Collab

I forgot to publish it after I changed "Greth-of-Chaos" to "MrGlad" in the scrolly thing in the preloader.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-25 11:48:21

wow! Thats brilliant. Its just a few things.

1. umm where are the comments?
2. The music ends a bit after Mr Glad's part starts so theres kinda a gap there.
Maybe add some sound effects in Mr Glad's part to fill in the silence.
3. Also just when the credits about to start and it says The Hanging Collab. It might need to actually appear a bit longer cos it comes and goes quite quickly.

Well thats all i noticed. Just tell me about them or fix em and then you can send it! as long as its after wednesday cos awesome submissions were submitted this week. Then we MIGHT get a weekly award. Not sure but we could. Well awesome!

Cheerio!

Ryan - If homework is work then how come I dont get paid?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-25 16:57:28

So far all collab I joined won at least an award. Would be a shame that we get none for this master work! Well good job! Im gonna work some more on a solo project i guess, it should be about time :P but yeah if there's any other project going on just pm me and I'd be glad to join if i have some free time! Here's my msn if you care to add me, we can share good animation techniques or just ask for help if you're less experimented!

Teh_rootbeer_pwns@hotmail.com

yeah I like rootbeer!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-25 17:07:58

At 3/25/08 11:48 AM, Ryan094 wrote: wow! Thats brilliant. Its just a few things.

1. umm where are the comments?
2. The music ends a bit after Mr Glad's part starts so theres kinda a gap there.
Maybe add some sound effects in Mr Glad's part to fill in the silence.
3. Also just when the credits about to start and it says The Hanging Collab. It might need to actually appear a bit longer cos it comes and goes quite quickly.

Well thats all i noticed. Just tell me about them or fix em and then you can send it! as long as its after wednesday cos awesome submissions were submitted this week. Then we MIGHT get a weekly award. Not sure but we could. Well awesome!

Cheerio!

Cool. The logo is supposed to show until the song ends, but the song is ending too soon. Should I cut out another part (which, sorry to AAF, would be his part, if we did cut something) or should I just add in sounds to MrGlads part (which I will do anyways, but is that enough?) and make the logo appear longer than the music, or what?

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-25 18:10:31

Dont cut Aaf's part. Just add sounds to the thing and maybe have a cool POWERFUL sound effect in the Hanging Collab part. Then that should be fine! But where r he comments?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-25 22:16:39

About the comments--they will go in the "Author Comments" on the submission page, not in the actual flash ;)

Sounds effects--I added them in MrGlads part. I think it looks great. If you all want a "powerful" sound effect at the end when the logo appears, find it yourself >_>

Well, as far as I can tell, it's READY TO LAUNCH.

As I said, contact me when you think it's a good day to launch.

Drum roll please...

The Hanging Collab

Note: Sound effects aren't in the MrGlad thing in the credits, because I didn't think it would be necessary or that they would add anything to the credits but useless noise ;)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 10:31:00

Bump

Anyone like the (hopefully) final version?

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 10:32:59

I made three possible icons--one of my part with the rope swinging in front of the guy with wide eyes and open mouth, one of Ryan094's skateboarder part (the guy's face while he falls off the cliff), and one of Trekopep's blob splatted on the ground. The blob doesn't really work because people don't know what it is.

Anyone can make/suggest icons. Just let me know what you want.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 11:37:26

Good! But for some reason every time i watch it, the music ends at different positions? No idea why. When i watched it just now it ended when Trekopep's bomb one started. But it should be fine cos it should end normally on everyone else's computers.

About the icon: You could just draw a rope, like the hanging one in your part with like a blue background or something. Just a suggesting. And if not i think we should have your part as the icon. Where the rope swings in front of the guy seeing as your the collab author you should get the icon. Or to make it all fair u could use my idea about the rope. Then its no ones part but a new icon.

Well theres my suggestions. Also you can submit it today or any other day now as its a new week. But im keeping a look out for slow days. At the moment nothing too amazing has been submitted today. *touch wood* but ill keep looking.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 17:18:48

AWE-SOME.

It looks great, can't wait for it to be in the portal. Or, well, I can, but, you know, uh...

I would suggest using your part or a noose or something for the logo.

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 17:26:37

Thanks. I forgot to add the code that makes the logo appear for longer--here it is:

The Hanging Collab

I also added little things that say "vote 5" on the menu. It's hard to see, as it's under the high-tech looking mask thing, if that makes sense. Look right under "play" in the menu to see one of them.

About the icon: I don't mind using anyone's part or a new icon, but I don't want to make it. At the bottom of this post is my part's icon. If you want something else, make it yourself and we'll see whose is better (yeah, since I was so objective on the credits and menu >_> but I'll try lol).

The music ends at different places each time because it's set to Event, and is set that way because of the way I organized the collab. When running on my computer, the music usually ends well after the logo appears at the end (and I have code to wait to show the credits until the music ends). Watching on the internet, the music usually ends right at the beginning of MrGlad's part. But with the sound effects, I don't think it really matters--do you?

Well, let me know today or whenever is a slow day. I'll be gone from 5pm - 10pm CST. I'll try to keep my AIM and MSN on, so send me a message if you think today is a good day, and when I come home, I'll launch it late tonight (if 10:30pm or so is late to you). That'll be not too far from the peak viewing time (I think), so it'll get some good hits and, if it really is a slow day, should win an award!

Again, AIM/MSN me before 10pm CST if you think I should submit today.

AIM: shirkdeio
MSN: shirkdeio@live.com

Also, check out my icon below. It's just one of the options (which happens to be the only option, but I'm open to submissions)

The Hanging (Storyline) Collab

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 17:33:41

As of 4:30pm CST, here are the top 5 submissions of the day (to guage slowness)

Submission Name ----- | ----- Score

Bombs 3 ----- | ----- 3.58
Grab a Drink ----- | ----- 3.42
liquid sharp and dead ----- | ----- 3.40
Big Kahuna slot Machine ----- | ----- 3.35
ClockCrews Blitzkrieg ----- | ----- 3.25

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 17:57:53

Here's what I have for the comment box. Let me know what you think, and please add what you want to the comments section!!

As follows...

-----

Welcome to the Hanging Collab! I had a great time making this collab--my first collab. After a rough start (not being able to get anyone to join), this collab became, IMO, a great Flash.

I liked working with the people who joined--especially Trekopep, who was the first to join (who actually followed through and made a part). Also, he ended up making 3 parts--overall he was just a really good collaborator. All the rest of them were great helps as well, thanks guys!

Please vote, please review! Any encouraging reviews or critical reviews (constructive, of course) would be gladly welcomed. And I reply to every review I get (look at my profile--as far as I know, I've replied to them ALL!!)

The participants in this collab had some comments on the collab:

Ryan094 says:
"KABOOM! Thats the sound of the SUCCESS this collab has had. Its great. And guess what... I was in it. My 1st as well"

Thanks for watching!

For God's glory,

Luke

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 18:08:00

Wow ShirkDeio! I haven't been on NG for a while but this has in all honesty come a very long way. I hope to be the first to see it when it's finished.

Good Luck!

TalkPrice.net - We cover everything the internet has to offer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 19:54:32

Huzzah! I got special mention! Zop!

It's all amazing. I've been in three other collabs, two of which have gone down the tubes never to return again, and one of which... well... we'll see. It's been kinda inactive for a while now. But it was pretty awesome. C'mon everyone, don't let The Obstacle Course Collab die!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnyways...

This is great, and I'm wondering how it will fare with the Newgrounders. Hopefully it'll get FRONT PAGE. Now that would be skhawheet.

Also, here's my commenty thing.

At first I was like, "Yeah, I really can't think of anything to do, so I'll try to find a different collab." But then Shirk PMd me, and I was like, "Whoa! Someone actually CONTACTED ME to try and get me into a COLLAB?" It rarely happens, folks. I normally think of myself as a run-of-the-mill animator. But hey, I work hard, and I think the results are quite satisfying. I hope you like the Hanging Collab! (BTW, check out my other stuff if you're interested. I respond to all reviews!)

Well, that's about it. I hope to see this on NG soon! Great collab Shirk!

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 22:52:32

I won't be submitting today because of the great score set by Hyperanimation (nearly 4/5!!)

I'll be watching tomorrow!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-26 22:58:37

I can't wait to rub this in some people's faces. I'm fairly sure this will at least get one award. And when it does, I will PM these two guys:

At 1/4/08 01:07 PM, patu1 wrote: congratulations you just got to the first place of the stupid collab ideas
let's all hope that one of the modes lock this...
why do you think the viewer would remember what happened in the first part with so many short ones ha ? and like Eric cartman said you are hella stupid

A nice way to get me started on my collab, huh? Secondly, the author of the Obstacle Course collab, which according to Trekopep is trying to die. Whether that collab gets released or not, we're releasing this collab and I'm bringing this back to haunt the triangle:

At 1/4/08 03:13 PM, TheTriangle wrote: Think of a better collab idea. This collab will die in 2 or less days. The music was REALLY gay also.

And a couple months later, the collab is about to launch and the music rocks. TheTriangle was wrong this time!

Sorry about that, I just thought it was funny that they said that as the first couple posts on this thread. >:D they will eat their words >:D

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 11:30:55

lol cant wait to hear what thery say if this gets an/some award/s.
Im keeping a look out too today. Also i saw hypermation too and i though argh crap thats good lol.

Now back with my binoculars, Hmmm *BLAM*

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 11:36:35

today's no good either, about 3 submissions are about 3.8 at the mo. or 4 and on blue, they're good too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 11:57:15

At 3/27/08 11:36 AM, Ryan094 wrote: today's no good either, about 3 submissions are about 3.8 at the mo. or 4 and on blue, they're good too.

Where? I only see one blue one (3.78, Twilight Problem) for today (the other one is from last night :D). If that score goes down by tonight we could launch.

But we'll see ;)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 14:19:01

yippies ok! our score might get higher than that though, so ya never know!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 15:39:22

Personally, I really don't even care if this gets any rewards. As long as people like it. That's what this site is for, right? Also, how do you make the text be"grayed-out?" :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 16:51:58

At 3/27/08 03:39 PM, trekopep wrote: Personally, I really don't even care if this gets any rewards. As long as people like it. That's what this site is for, right? Also, how do you make the text be"grayed-out?" :P

Do a colon (:) followed by a space ( ) before the text.

So this:

: This is grayed out

Results in this:

This is grayed out

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 17:06:40

So far for today we have...

LOZ Twilight Problem --- 3.86
Jump N Bump -------------- 3.69
Crazy Graviton ------------- 3.64

I estimate our collab at probably 3.8.

Depending on the score these submissions have tonight, I may submit. I doubt I will, but it is possible.

Ryan094 suggested Sunday as a slow day. I'm going to look at what happened last Sunday and get back here to post what the highest scores were then. We can use that to guage this Sunday as a possible submission day.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 17:19:08

Okay, last Sunday an incredibly funny Flash was released, getting like a 4.2 or something, followed by something with a 4.01 I think (followed by a 3.78).

Sunday the 16th, the winner of daily 1st was 4.04, followed by something that now has 4.14 (oh, that reminds me, these scores are all current, after the publicity of front page and awards >_<)

Anyways...I proved nothing. But I did get a laugh out of SSBB translation thingy.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-27 17:28:28

At 3/27/08 05:19 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: Anyways...I proved nothing. But I did get a laugh out of SSBB translation thingy.

Yeah, that was a good one. I still have to put that on my favorites list.

Oh, and I totally didn't just make this post to test out the gray text or anything. :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-28 11:40:29

oh well anyway what day is this going to be submitted cos we cant wait for ever and ever! today theres been a good submission with a score of 3.86

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-28 16:08:46

Alright guys ive been looking today and still only one blue movie.
Mighty Spidy
So today might be good it has a score of 4.68 so our score could get higher!

BBS Signature