00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Hanging (Storyline) Collab

13,869 Views | 348 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-03 22:15:43

At 3/3/08 04:14 PM, Ryan094 wrote: alright cool, well ill try get it to u as soon as possible and if i have more time because other people aint finished then i will improve the animation/graphics.

Sounds good :D

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-04 19:27:25

Hey, Ryan, I added you as a portal buddy ;)

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-05 12:36:32

alright cool. :D

Heres my movie, it took me about 5 hours to draw the bike! COME ON! Anyway so after i did that i decided to actually go a bit quicker so thats why the buildings and such aren't as good as the bike.

Tell me what you think

Motorbiker And Skater

I know its not very good but i didnt wanna beleft out the collab and also i wanna try and make a preloader for you too and more animations so the son would get filled.

If you want me to have a go i could make another animation (it shuld be better) and preloader if ya want?

Tell me whetre to send u the fla of the movie or not.

Cheeres

Ryan - If homework is work then how come I dont get paid?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-05 14:19:49

I also made a preloader if you wanna use it. You can impove it if you want, i also wrote a note there of what you could add.
Preloader
Cheers

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-06 17:08:40

Very nice preloader, very nice bike.

Instead of making another part, make your current one a bit better. As you said, the bike is sweet, but the buildings aren't that good. I'd rather have a few good parts than many lame parts. Make the other parts of your animation better, and the transitions between the bike and the skateborder (when it's going back and forth) a bit smoother if possible (like in trekopep's part, the one at the beginning of the collab). Also make the end where he falls off the cliff longer (he just gets off of the cliff and then the part's over--make him actually go off the screen).

Send me the preloader, update your part, then send that as well.

Thanks for everyone's work on this!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 10:43:50

At 3/6/08 05:08 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: Very nice preloader, very nice bike.

Instead of making another part, make your current one a bit better. As you said, the bike is sweet, but the buildings aren't that good. I'd rather have a few good parts than many lame parts. Make the other parts of your animation better, and the transitions between the bike and the skateborder (when it's going back and forth) a bit smoother if possible (like in trekopep's part, the one at the beginning of the collab). Also make the end where he falls off the cliff longer (he just gets off of the cliff and then the part's over--make him actually go off the screen).

Send me the preloader, update your part, then send that as well.

Thanks for everyone's work on this!

Alright thanx, ill try improving it but its hard because im not very good at animating and drawing. But il try.
Also i sent the preloader to you in a PM.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 13:19:24

I improved the animation now. Hopefully you'll enjoy it even more! I made quite
Motorbiker And Skater
I have already started making another part for you but if you want me to improve this one even more. (which i cant really do cos i tried my best) then ill guess ill try REALLY HARD!

But the other ones looking quite good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 13:38:33

Hi everyone!

ShirkDeio contacted me few days ago to ask If I would make a part for this collab. Didn't had the time to contact him back but im shure we'll meet again on the internet soon. Here's what I plan to do, 100 frames for a big 4 sec of animation. I'll see in time if I will make it longer. Here's a preview of what I am planning to do:

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/070308/4 8743_Mr_Glad.php

By the way, nice cloth motion! Want to hear from you soon!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 17:54:13

At 3/7/08 01:19 PM, Ryan094 wrote: I improved the animation now. Hopefully you'll enjoy it even more! I made quite
Motorbiker And Skater
I have already started making another part for you but if you want me to improve this one even more. (which i cant really do cos i tried my best) then ill guess ill try REALLY HARD!

But the other ones looking quite good.

That's alot better, I like it. You can either update the buildings or send it as is--it's your call. I really like the bike+biker, that animation is excellent.

At 3/7/08 01:38 PM, MrGlad wrote: Hi everyone!

ShirkDeio contacted me few days ago to ask If I would make a part for this collab. Didn't had the time to contact him back but im shure we'll meet again on the internet soon. Here's what I plan to do, 100 frames for a big 4 sec of animation. I'll see in time if I will make it longer. Here's a preview of what I am planning to do:

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/070308/4 8743_Mr_Glad.php

By the way, nice cloth motion! Want to hear from you soon!

Looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product, and how you incorporate a fight with my "hanging" idea. Thanks for responsing to my PM and joining!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 18:30:28

Thanx, i thought it would be better if i animated the clothing.
Ive updated the doors on the buildings and thats about it. I've sent it to you now so you can add it in :D

If you want you can send the swf of the whole collab so far with the preloader and that. Then we can all see how the collab is really going. Out of curiosity, how much of the song is left?

Well Cheers, and I might make another part! If you need any more things for me to do, like when I did the preloader just ask. I have loads of spare time on my hands. Thanx Again!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 18:46:01

At 3/7/08 06:30 PM, Ryan094 wrote: Thanx, i thought it would be better if i animated the clothing.
Ive updated the doors on the buildings and thats about it. I've sent it to you now so you can add it in :D

If you want you can send the swf of the whole collab so far with the preloader and that. Then we can all see how the collab is really going. Out of curiosity, how much of the song is left?

Well Cheers, and I might make another part! If you need any more things for me to do, like when I did the preloader just ask. I have loads of spare time on my hands. Thanx Again!

No man, thank you for helping me out here!

I decided not to use that preloader, I'll customize a different one (a different NG one).

But the part is nice, send that .fla to me and I'll add it in, then I'll post what we have so far of the Hanging Collab!

We're still only halfway through on the song. We have about a minute and a half left.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-07 20:02:54

Oh thats cool. I just cant wait to see how its going, and also the new preloader you said you'd use.

For some reason i cant send the fla to swfup, spam the web or ngup. So i dunno what to do?

What could i do to get the fla to you?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-08 05:18:15

The reason why i cant send it, is because it has to be less than 5mb and mine is 5.18mb so how can i make it smaller. Ive deleted unnecessary things but hardly much changes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-08 05:23:49

Sorry to keep double posting but whats your e-mail then i could send the fla through that

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-08 11:24:17

Try Ucuaah. They have a bigger size limit.

Here's my contact info again (besides PM)...

Email: shirk.deio [at] yahoo.com
AIM: shirkdeio
MSN: shirkdeio [at] live.com

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-08 14:41:11

alright thanx i sent the fla to you in a pm!
Well Thats My Part Cant wait to see the collab so far.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-08 20:56:35

The Hanging Collab!

Here's what we have so far! Check out the preloader I made. I also added the first part of Ryan094's set, and the second part of Trekopep's third set. (I'll put Ryan's second and third parts in as soon as I get something to be the filler in-between each part).

Let me tell you what I'm going to do for the "final clip" of the collab. Between now and the end of the collab (which MUST be before/at mid-April, or at least SHOULD be) I'll pick a nice part to be the final clip of the collab. I'll play the first part of it at the end of the collab...but I'll leave the person hanging at the end--seemingly forever. If they take the time to watch all the credits, they'll be rewarded with the end of that clip. I like the idea--what do you think?

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-08 22:51:51

The Hanging Collab!

Yeah, already an update. I made a new part :D

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-09 07:18:05

woah thats great! This collab is looking awesome. Just to note that on the second part of Greath-Of-Chaos's part you've missed out the name at the top.

And the idea you had at the end is great! I dunno who could do that though. I mean i dont think im good enough to have the final big part. But who knows!

Also just try adding some spicey credits and maybe a biography on the authors in a separate menu.
Is there enough room for more parts though. Or is they're only room for the final one cos i think i will finish my other one if ya want. Cheers

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-09 08:26:43

Here, i made another short part too.

Volcano!! Oh Nos!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-10 14:14:05

At 3/9/08 07:18 AM, Ryan094 wrote: woah thats great! This collab is looking awesome. Just to note that on the second part of Greath-Of-Chaos's part you've missed out the name at the top.

Actually he used v-cam, so he cropped his own name out. If he wants his name up there, he needs to not use v-cam.

And the idea you had at the end is great! I dunno who could do that though. I mean i dont think im good enough to have the final big part. But who knows!

Glad you like the idea

Also just try adding some spicey credits and maybe a biography on the authors in a separate menu.
Is there enough room for more parts though. Or is they're only room for the final one cos i think i will finish my other one if ya want. Cheers

Yeah, after the main part of the collab is done I'll have someone make me some nice credits (or I'll do it).

Here, i made another short part too.

Volcano!! Oh Nos!!

Nice, send it over :D

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-10 14:54:49

Done! Ive sent the fla file. in a PM.
Btw you could have a button in the menu that leads to a new page that has information about the different authors that were involved n the collab.

Also i had an idea for credits where theres this awesome slide and people slide down it, but as they slide down the credits (text appears from the people as they slide down).
Just a little idea.

Also, about the last collab bit, what could happen is this guy could be in an stunt plane doing the flare signals with smoke spelling out. THE END, then after the credits he gets blown up by this guy on the ground floor with a bazooka. Or something like that. lol.
Well thats what i thought.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-10 17:40:36

Looking good so far! I might try to make ANOTHER part. Don't hold me to that though. :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-10 18:01:29

Woo, i made another part!
Its about bungee jumping.
Bungee Jumping

ive also sent the fla for you in a PM.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-11 17:28:07

WHOA!!! We're DONE!!!

That was quick. With Ryan094's three parts, we've achieved the goal! Well, almost--we're only one (or MAYBE two) parts short, with one part being the finale.

Here's the reorganized version of the Hanging Collab. Let me know if you'd prefer a different order of clips, if you like the current order of clips, etc.

Parts may have to be CUT from the collab if we get too many people trying to make a good finale :'(

The Hanging Collab

Like I said, only one or two more parts needed. At this rate, we should have plenty of time to launch March 17th. I would be willing to wait to launch as late as March 28th.

Let me know what you think. All that's left is possibly another part, in addition to the finale, along with some cool credits, and possibly a reordering of the clips if you want.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-11 17:59:09

WOAH!! That's awesome. I have many things to say.

1. Cool
2. I wasn't expecting mine to be second lol
3. The song actually ends a bit earlier than the collab finishes. But you still need to parts. So im guessing those two parts should be short so that there isn't too much quiet areas.
3. The orders good but can you edit the end of my bungee jumping on. Just cutt off a bit of the end so you don't see the guy vanish at the end.
4. Umm i think thats about it. Ill try making credits actually. Im not sure. It probably wont turn out good. But i could try another part then also. Ill see how it goes on.
5. GREAT!!! Just tell me in a PM or on the forum when you submit it then i can see how the score goes lLike if its green or blue or something. Oh one last thing...
6. How many co Authors are you having. Isnt 8 the max. And isnt there about 8 in the collab. So would you have everyone in the co author section then. Then everyone would be happy. Well That wraps up my comment. Keep up the great work everyone. This collab is great!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-11 18:04:38

Yes, the blank space is for the finale and possible other part. I'll edit your part so he doesn't vanish lol.

Co-authors--I'll probably put everyone, if I can. If they don't fit, I'll pick the best ones. At the moment, I believe that everyone fits, but if we get a couple more parts to finish out the collab, we may not fit. But that will be figured out later if we need to figure it out.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-11 18:06:28

Oh, and just to clarify, we have 9 authors at the moment (including me). I can choose up to 9 co-authors (besides myself). So, at the moment, I have one free space for co.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-11 21:07:29

well heres my idea and i havent made the actual flash but if u guys like it ill put it in the movie.
basically im going to make fun of the guy from the jem video.again...lol well i am going to animate him dancing when all of a sudden somthing or someone shoots him. i know theres already a scene like that but...wat the heck. heres the pick of the guy. tell me wat u think.
the jem guy picture
im all guessing you all know who he is...if not heres his riduculous movie

original jem video

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-11 21:34:24

Hey, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but did the bomb defusing guy's arm get messed up a bit at the very beginning? Also, it looks great.

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature