00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DeviLucis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Hanging (Storyline) Collab

13,877 Views | 348 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 08:30:20

Not to piss you off strangler but this is too novice for this collab. Keep on practicing, skills come with time.

I give one vote for this credit http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/130308/5 9822_Credits2.php

Maybee if you take the screen parasite effect from the other one and you incormorate it into this one it'll give a better result. No idea! I love the music by the way!

Im still working on my part, didn't work alot though... Its the exam time at school so gotta be ready!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 09:03:26

I'll fix the Santa clip in the credits (I stopped it so that it wouldn't be swinging after it does that freeze frame effect thing--but I'll make it stop after that).

I will make a cool icon.

I will change the blank space after the final part of the collab to the Hanging Collab logo--does that work?

I plan on putting this on the portal when two requirements are met-- 1) I think it's completely ready to launch, and 2) it's a slow day on the portal (better chance of awards!)

Probably I will launch before or on March 28th (two weeks from today)--that should be enough time to finish and find a suitable day.

I don't think bios are necessary. Instead, everyone post a one or two line comment on the collab and I'll put it in the description (so you will have the chance to advertise or just say hi without the trouble of making bios, which I never read anyways when I watch collabs =p). So post your comments for the description here (make sure I know that that's your comment). If you don't make a comment, I won't put anything in the description from you except your name.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 11:38:46

Sounds good. Heres my comment...

"KABOOM! Thats the sound of the SUCCESS this collab has had. Its great. And guess what... I was in it. My 1st as well".

Random i know but theres not really much else to say!

Also good idea about the slow day in portal, i was think about awars just a minute ago. But cant wait till this gets launched.

Ryan - If homework is work then how come I dont get paid?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 12:39:46

Is there a point to me making a part or do you have enough?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 13:42:15

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 16:02:52

At 3/14/08 01:42 PM, flashfrog wrote: My part is finished YAY :D : http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/140308/6 7152_Hanging_collab.php

Honnestly I realy think you should put more work in it, the release date is in 2 weeks from now! You still have plenty of time to work it out. I also think its kinda slow... The first part I mean.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 17:44:50

Adman, you don't have to make a part if you don't have time--we have enough now, but I'd like to make the lower quality ones move to the deleted scenes section.

FlashFrog, no offense, but your part isn't very interesting. It's slow in the beginning, and sloppy at the end. I don't want to tick you off, but all I will do with your part is move it directly to deleted scenes. You can either be fine with that or improve and expand your part.

For now, the plan is to have everything ready to launch this week, then wait forbetter parts and/or a slow day in the portal. The day I see a slow day, I want to be ready to launch rather than rushing around to finish it. When I think it's good to launch and it's a good day, I'll post here to make sure you all agree, then I'll launch.

Oh yeah, everyone, add me as a portal buddy.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 18:06:06

At 3/14/08 09:03 AM, ShirkDeio wrote: I will change the blank space after the final part of the collab to the Hanging Collab logo--does that work?

Yeah, I didn't mean I wanted you to ADD something after the final part. What I was saying is that for me, after the little TV-turning-off type of animation happened, it still showed the animation. I'm not sure if it's just me or something, but if it isn't, you should fix it.

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-14 19:19:49

At 3/14/08 06:06 PM, trekopep wrote:
At 3/14/08 09:03 AM, ShirkDeio wrote: I will change the blank space after the final part of the collab to the Hanging Collab logo--does that work?
Yeah, I didn't mean I wanted you to ADD something after the final part. What I was saying is that for me, after the little TV-turning-off type of animation happened, it still showed the animation. I'm not sure if it's just me or something, but if it isn't, you should fix it.

I didn't know that (until I fixed it). I made it not show the part anymore and I changed it to the logo now.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-15 15:36:06

How thee how!

Here's what I have so far, Will make it longer don't worry! I'll finnish the color on the 2nd guy and make some nice moove after that he'll fall and hang on a rope where we'll be able to read hanging collab using the guy as letters. Or something else, we'll see!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/150308/5 5484_Mr_Glad.php

Im trying to work as fast as I can but I'm mostly doing fbf :S Maybee I'll add some tweening to make it longer... but I'll keep the authentic fbf!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-15 20:05:30

MrGlad: Nice, I can't wait to see the final product :D

Chubb: Cool, good to have you :D

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-16 09:08:35

looks cool!

Also today is quite slow in the portal. Not many movies on and the ones that are on are tests and not very good ones.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-18 16:22:11

Here's my part, quite finished, I rushed it to be in time but It looks better than I thought!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180308/5 8338_Mr_Glad.php

The host resise it so we can see the border of the flash but it wont looks like this on the finnished version, I used a V-Cam that explain it.

If you find anything to add/remove, just tell me and By the way i COUNT ON YOU TO ADD SOUND EFFECTS! You just have to make the end transition and I guess its done!

I noticed a small framerate drom at some point but I have a pretty good pc so if you lag just tell me I'll remove some of the effect or make them simplier. Won't look as good though!

Here's the Fla!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180308/5 8887_Mr_Glad.fla

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-19 22:33:11

Common what's going on everyone few days ago you sounded all like ready to drop it on the portal and now there's like one post per year!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-20 16:13:18

At 3/19/08 10:33 PM, MrGlad wrote: Common what's going on everyone few days ago you sounded all like ready to drop it on the portal and now there's like one post per year!

I know! I check this forum every day and theres always nothing. Now go and add the last parts, make sure theres no errors and submit it. Accept no more parts otherwise this will be too long and stupid. This is so close to being finished. It's even possible to send it right now! It'll be stupid if this collab never finishes. I aint heard from ShirkDeio in ages. Hes gotta start getting this underway and talking on the forum! This had gotta finish. We dont even need any more parts to finish! I hipe this doesn't end.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-20 17:16:40

It's about the same here haha, where are you damn dude I want this collab to be done, but don't forget the sound to my part :O

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-20 21:43:29

ok heres my part...first jem guy is dancing to the music thats playin...all of a sudden you stop it then micheal jackson pops out and sleeps the kid with the rag of "forgot what the sleeping thing is called."then he moves out of the screen fast and ...we all know what happens next!

heres the link to the preview
watch it!
oh and keep watching..because its like 10 sec then mich j pops up!
tell me wat u think!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-21 11:09:28

Sorry everyone! I had some company over the weekend, as well as just having bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and now have more company today. I won't be available for the rest of today, either.

Tomorrow I should be able to add the parts together and finish it all up. Next week be watching the portal for a slow day, and if I'm not on, AIM me at shirkdeio, MSN me at shirkdeio [at] live.com, email me at lukeben92 [at] sbcglobal.net, or email my Wii (I'll see it immediately while playing Brawl) at w8202137612803725@wii.com. Do it all and do it quick if you need to contact me ;)

Talk to you all tomorrow, hopefully with the Hanging Collab done and ready to launch!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-21 11:11:26

At 3/20/08 09:43 PM, silvaness wrote: ok heres my part...first jem guy is dancing to the music thats playin...all of a sudden you stop it then micheal jackson pops out and sleeps the kid with the rag of "forgot what the sleeping thing is called."then he moves out of the screen fast and ...we all know what happens next!

heres the link to the preview
watch it!
oh and keep watching..because its like 10 sec then mich j pops up!
tell me wat u think!

The idea was only slightly funny, and the execution was poor. I can't use this, sorry :(

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-21 11:13:40

I can't see the files uploaded to spamtheweb. It must be down at the moment. Use http://www.ucuaah.com/ul/ (I think that's the right URL) so I can see the parts you made!

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-21 19:02:41

The idea was only slightly funny, and the execution was poor. I can't use this, sorry :(

aw....omg this quality is better than that other part with the box and looking inside.........
geez watvr then.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 14:05:09

MrGlad, that is a nice part! But where's the hanging part--it leaves the hanging there when the car is coming, but where's the conclusion (or is it meant to leave the person hanging forever?)

Chubb, your part is okay, but I can't use it if I don't have the .fla >_>.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 20:26:56

At 3/22/08 02:05 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: MrGlad, that is a nice part! But where's the hanging part--it leaves the hanging there when the car is coming, but where's the conclusion (or is it meant to leave the person hanging forever?)

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to put more parts into it when it already finished the song? Also, can we see a preview? Or, I suppose we will when you put the full thing on NG, so nevermind. :P

gotoAndStop(-1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 20:35:10

At 3/22/08 08:26 PM, trekopep wrote:
At 3/22/08 02:05 PM, ShirkDeio wrote: MrGlad, that is a nice part! But where's the hanging part--it leaves the hanging there when the car is coming, but where's the conclusion (or is it meant to leave the person hanging forever?)

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to put more parts into it when it already finished the song? Also, can we see a preview? Or, I suppose we will when you put the full thing on NG, so nevermind. :P

I'd be willing to launch it when we find a good day. MrGlad's part is excellent, but it doesn't have a conclusion--maybe I'll make it leave the person hanging forever. If we make the Hanging Collab 2 and there still isn't a conclusion to that part, I'll ask MrGlad to make a conclusion for us there.

Does that sound good?

Also, I will (unfortunately) be cutting a part--most likely the part by Greth-of-Chaos (sorry Greth). If you would rather a different part be cut, let me know. Also, since we didn't get a bunch of stuff that didn't fit, I won't have a deleted scenes section (why do that for only one part)?

I will mention the author of the cut part in the credits as having helped the collab out, though.

Again, does that sound good?

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 20:45:18

Mr Glads part does have a conclusion.. its him being runover.. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 21:58:51

At 3/22/08 08:45 PM, adman1993 wrote: Mr Glads part does have a conclusion.. its him being runover.. :)

Where? The .swf didn't load, and the .fla only had up until the guy putting up his hands and the car coming.

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 22:02:07

Yerp thats the one.. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-22 22:27:26

I'll post the preview soon. For now, I'm having fun fixing the vcam in MrGlad's part. It was used perfectly, I just need to figure out how to fit it in now ;p

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-23 17:47:10

cool! and by the way a lot of good submissions were submitted this week. So its best to submit it after wednesday!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hanging (Storyline) Collab 2008-03-24 16:22:57

I'm working on it...

I'm making a Pico Day game, so I'm really busy and being pressured there. This is also causing pressure. So be patient, please. I should have it all done and ready today, but that all depends on if I can finish a certain portion of the game.

Either way, I should be ready by Thursday, which, according to Ryan, will be the next available good time to launch.