00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zaetalos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac7 - November

39,389 Views | 639 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 20:00:52

At 11/25/07 07:42 PM, cornandbeans wrote: Whatever. I was going get trainwrecker signed, so I think I'll pursue that. I deleted both of my entries because I don't want to offer up a direct download to something I'm hoping to sell.

May the best win, even though I'm still a bit frustrated.

good luck getting it signed man, sorry shit ended up this way.

lawlz, i downloaded it while it was up :3

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 20:05:38

Just a suggestion though, if you want following MACs and their rules to come off as serious, I'd cut all the silly shit. It would be fine if the prize was just a sig like in the old days, but you are dealing with cash prizes now.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 20:07:17

At 11/25/07 07:42 PM, cornandbeans wrote: Whatever. I was going get trainwrecker signed, so I think I'll pursue that.

How do you go about signing a track, anyway?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 20:30:19

At 11/25/07 06:26 PM, LJCoffee wrote: Speaking of which, if anyone wants to play a role or otherwise be a part of the future MAC's PM ME!

Check em. Last time I sent you a PM you never replied. Why don't you look at me during?

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 20:40:12

At 11/25/07 08:00 PM, Rucklo wrote: lawlz, i downloaded it while it was up :3

Fuck, I didn't :( I just assumed it'd be there the next time I wanted to hear it.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 20:40:24

At 11/25/07 08:05 PM, cornandbeans wrote: Just a suggestion though, if you want following MACs and their rules to come off as serious, I'd cut all the silly shit. It would be fine if the prize was just a sig like in the old days, but you are dealing with cash prizes now.

I'm not sure what you refer to as "silly shit"? As for NG sponsored award, we've been fortunate to have that since the MAC6 - October... I think we've stuck with the rules pretty tight throughout all of the shows we've had, and joking around in the threads aside, things have been pretty serious, no?
If you do have any complaints, feel free to shout em out, flaws are meant to be fixed.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:04:18

I'm lucky I was able to get to a computer when I did, I just got mine fixed. But I was able to enter.

When will we have the results?

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:16:45

At 11/25/07 08:00 PM, Rucklo wrote: good luck getting it signed man, sorry shit ended up this way.

lawlz, i downloaded it while it was up :3

haha so did i
exclusive download!

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God. We are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice.. We give birth to the children of God. That's what musicians are..."

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:38:10

At 11/25/07 09:16 PM, Winterwind-NS wrote: haha so did i
exclusive download!

As did I :P

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:41:56

At 11/25/07 06:58 PM, Winterwind-NS wrote:
At 11/25/07 06:49 PM, MaestroRage wrote: One time DS got an erection. There were no survivors.

Hows THAT for old jokes?
Dreamscaper, DarkSide, or DSmagnum?

haha jk i jus realized how many ds' there are

Yeah, every time I turn around I knock things over.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:47:34

At 11/25/07 01:20 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote: Monthly Audio Contest 2007 - November DnB / AMBIENT theme FINAL LIST OF SUBMISSIONS

NO CHANGING OF SUBMISSIONS FOR THE LAST TIME! We had this discussion in the last MAC already and the answer was a clear NO! Think before you submit! It's that simple.

Aaaah DAMN!!! So, you're telling me that I can't change one of my old submissions with my new, official submission for the MAC7 that I posted well before the deadline???

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:55:53

At 11/25/07 09:47 PM, Dreamscaper wrote: I posted well before the deadline???
At 11/5/07 09:30 AM, LJCoffee wrote:

8 - It is now possible to update songs that have been submitted to the contest, and you are allowed to do so, however as of Nov. 24th no more updates are allowed. The songs will be downloaded by this time, and distributed amongst the judges (or if they choose to download the songs themselves) to avoid the risk of somone updating the song post deadline.

10 - LOL

You are fine if you updated before the deadline. I did that also.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 21:58:39

Every time DarkSide555 turns around all flags at half mast!

A tear for the fallen.

But seriously Cornand, I've gotta call it like I see it here, and I think you're acting a little childish here. The fact that you'd get angry enough to withdraw your submissions is proof that you DID want that extra shot at that prize. Your statement about "it would be okay for just the banner" prize i'm pretty sure is bull.

If you spent so much time on that piece, and it's not in this contest for a shot at a meager 150, then go ahead and get it signed, make even more money off it. I must be honest i'm not seeing where all this anger is coming from. Principle? Well we've stuck to our principle, we put these deadlines for a reason, and we will stick by them.

Of course by no means am I out to bash you, and I still respect you as a musician and artist, but seriously, forget withdrawing, but then deleting these songs as if to punish everybody here?

You know what? Keep them. If you don't want to let us hear it, we don't want them period. You're not doing anybody any favors by submitting material, nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you to submit them. As much as we audio artists like to think we provide an invaluable experience, there is a million artists who do what we do. Taking away your tracks makes as much an impact as removing your fist from a bowl of water, a second of shifting, followed by an eternity of indifference.

Best of luck with getting them signed though. I mean that, seriously!

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:03:33

At 11/25/07 09:58 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Taking away your tracks makes as much an impact as removing your fist from a bowl of water, a second of shifting, followed by an eternity of indifference.

I love that.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:04:07

At 11/25/07 09:55 PM, WritersBlock wrote:
At 11/25/07 09:47 PM, Dreamscaper wrote: I posted well before the deadline???
At 11/5/07 09:30 AM, LJCoffee wrote:
8 - It is now possible to update songs that have been submitted to the contest, and you are allowed to do so, however as of Nov. 24th no more updates are allowed. The songs will be downloaded by this time, and distributed amongst the judges (or if they choose to download the songs themselves) to avoid the risk of somone updating the song post deadline.
10 - LOL
You are fine if you updated before the deadline. I did that also.

But, I didn't see my new official DnB track in the final list for this month's contest. Does that mean, it will not be accepted because there are NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER even though it was well within the deadline?

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:09:56

umm hate to nag but darkside just because you for some reason think my songs are stolen why should i be excluded from the competition its note like you have any proof. if need be i will send you the files in there original format.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:24:58

An older submission since I couldn't finish a light-hearted DnB song that I'm currently working on, but this darker DnB song might have been overlooked.

Ready

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:26:16

At 11/25/07 10:24 PM, ImperfectDisciple wrote: An older submission since I couldn't finish a light-hearted DnB song that I'm currently working on, but this darker DnB song might have been overlooked.

Ready

Ok... Um... The contest ended last night XD

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:33:48

Every one is so confused right now D:

Some body hold me...I need air.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:39:38

At 11/25/07 10:33 PM, Quarl wrote: Every one is so confused right now D:

I gotchyo back Q; I'll hold you.
*farts and gives air*

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 22:41:13

At 11/25/07 10:33 PM, Quarl wrote: Every one is so confused right now D:

Air as in Blow?
Blow as in COCKJOKE?

Yes.

SUSPENSE.

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:00:05

At 11/25/07 10:04 PM, Dreamscaper wrote: But, I didn't see my new official DnB track in the final list for this month's contest. Does that mean, it will not be accepted because there are NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER even though it was well within the deadline?

I'm pretty sure you would've had to PMed LJC about the change before the end date. I doubt that's going to get in. :\

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:11:06

At 11/25/07 11:00 PM, DSMagnum wrote:
At 11/25/07 10:04 PM, Dreamscaper wrote: But, I didn't see my new official DnB track in the final list for this month's contest. Does that mean, it will not be accepted because there are NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER even though it was well within the deadline?
I'm pretty sure you would've had to PMed LJC about the change before the end date. I doubt that's going to get in. :\

This is what I sent to MaestroRage...

Hi MR, it's DS!

So, even with rule #8 still in effect...

...is my new official DnB track not acceptable because I didn't see African Gale in the final list for this month's contest instead of Zero Gravity in Dreamscape. Does that mean, it will not be accepted because there are NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER even though it was well within the deadline? If so, I'm a bit confused about rule #8 conflicting with what was mentioned...

At 11/25/07 01:20 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote:

Monthly Audio Contest 2007 - November DnB / AMBIENT theme FINAL LIST OF SUBMISSIONS

NO CHANGING OF SUBMISSIONS FOR THE LAST TIME! We had this discussion in the last MAC already and the answer was a clear NO! Think before you submit! It's that simple.

...Sorry for any confusion, but I just want to make sure we are all playing by the rules. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance bro!

~Dreamscaper

This is what he told me...

Sent: 11/25/07 22:21
Subject: Re: Question About Rule #8

As far as I can tell that song is perfectly legit. DS555 probably missed it, i'll make a note of it and send it to the other judges/MAC crew, and get it sorted out. I'll let you know if you arn't contacted directly :D

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:13:44

At 11/25/07 11:00 PM, DSMagnum wrote: I'm pretty sure you would've had to PMed LJC about the change before the end date. I doubt that's going to get in. :\

Hmm, that might be the case if you didn't make the link here before the deadline...

Also, what's up with loogiesquared having 3 ambient submissions...
Explanation plz!

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:41:25

Can't wait for the results. Good luck to all :)

At 11/25/07 11:13 PM, WritersBlock wrote: so, what's up with loogiesquared having 3 ambient submissions...
Explanation plz!

Agreed...

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:42:27

Gasp*chocke*cough*

*dead*

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:58:11

that does seem a little strange.

he must have REALLY been all over rule 10...

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-25 23:58:12

So much cool stuff to play on my radio show. This comp added a few tracks to my set list :D

I can't wait to try them out on the masses.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-26 00:12:57

I should have done more than one POS song. =P

I sense FAIL near my submission -_-'

Response to Mac7 - November 2007-11-26 00:14:32

If you spent so much time on that piece, and it's not in this contest for a shot at a meager 150, then go ahead and get it signed, make even more money off it.

you'd actually be surprised how little labels pay, dnb labels at that. I removed the songs not because I didn't want you to hear them, but because offering a direct download would minimize my chance of making any money at all.

Plus, now I have all the time in the world to work on them instead of rushing ;)

BBS Signature