00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ufc Club

25,255 Views | 235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-09 09:22:27

A rematch with Chael and Silva would be good for sure... Sonnen's definitely a great fighter and before I saw that fight I seriously doubted him, I hadn't payed much attention to him before though, he kinda just came out of nowhere. It was an intense fight all around, Silva was ridiculously close to losing, but he still pulled it off... It's tough to say that he is the better fighter though... Anything can happen in the UFC, so a rematch would be the best thing to do. Sonnen's definitely worthy of fighting Silva again and I want to see it happen soon.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-10 03:59:06

At 8/9/10 09:22 AM, EpicFail wrote: A rematch with Chael and Silva would be good for sure... Sonnen's definitely a great fighter and before I saw that fight I seriously doubted him, I hadn't payed much attention to him before though, he kinda just came out of nowhere. It was an intense fight all around, Silva was ridiculously close to losing, but he still pulled it off... It's tough to say that he is the better fighter though... Anything can happen in the UFC, so a rematch would be the best thing to do. Sonnen's definitely worthy of fighting Silva again and I want to see it happen soon.

I wasn't a big fan of Sonnen either. The first match I saw was his UFC debut which Demian Maia dominated, took him down and choked him out. I thought Silva was gonna triangle him, that's how he always gets submitted. I didn't think it was gonna happen in the last couple second of the fight.

Sonnen has a couple good wins, such as Nate Marquart, Yushin Okami and previously undefeated Paulo Thilo(sp). Sonnen is legit and most def second best in his weight class.

One match I saw wide open after 117 was a trilogy between Dennis Hallman and Matt Hughes. I would really like to see Hughes get revenge on the previous 2 losses, especially since Hallman beat him twice in less than a minute combined.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-11 03:55:08

Matt Hughes and Dennis Hallman should fight again for sure, and Sonnen and Silva again as well of course, still can't get over the fight... Haha.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-13 05:51:43

At 8/11/10 03:55 AM, EpicFail wrote: Matt Hughes and Dennis Hallman should fight again for sure, and Sonnen and Silva again as well of course, still can't get over the fight... Haha.

I wonder if Dennis Hallman would agree to the fight. He has beaten him twice, but Matt Hughes is a lot better than he use to be. If Hallman were to win, he know's it would be a huge push towards his career, especially trying to get a title shot. Good job on him beating Ben Saunders, that guy is very tough competition no denying it, and Hallman prevailed.

UFC 118 is also coming up in a couple weeks. Not the best card, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-13 15:56:05

118 won't be the best, although I do wanna see the BJ Penn fight, I don't know the other cards, I'm gonna have to look into it soon here, I'll probably just watch it online.. People always steam them. I usually buy them though just because it's better that way... We'll see if there's any fights in the card that can get me interested enough to pay for it.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-16 22:25:29

Lesnar VS Velasquez for UFC 121

I'm actually really fucking stoked to see this fight, hoping Cain wins of course, as I'm not a Lesnar fan really, end of the day though he's super entertaining in the octagon, and I will spend all my money on a pay per view with Lesnar in it.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-03 03:42:32

You guys should know something about this. I bought these weighted gloves for shadow boxing, they're two pounds. Will using these for training help or hinder me?

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-03 08:58:57

At 9/3/10 12:16 AM, PabMo wrote:
He doesn't entertain me. He's a joke. Overrated. Cain is the more talented fighter and I hope he'll win. Then again I said the same thing before the Lesnar vs. Carwin fight. Damn Carwin and his inferior endurance. Strange thing on the scorecards after round one though. Carwin 10 - Lesnar - 9/8? How the hell did he get such a high score from getting dominated and pushed around? He showed no "octagon control".

I'm not a fan of Lesnar either, but whenever he fights, he's fighting a fighter I enjoy watching. The way I see it Lesnar shouldn't even be in UFC, but that's the way it is.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-03 21:00:16

At 9/3/10 04:55 AM, PabMo wrote:
At 9/3/10 03:42 AM, Cericon wrote: You guys should know something about this. I bought these weighted gloves for shadow boxing, they're two pounds. Will using these for training help or hinder me?
I've always heard weights in your hands when punching is a bad idea. Never heard about around your hands. But I'm sure it'd be the same. Shadow boxing isn't the best either. Hit a heavy bag.

Give me a heavy bag and a place to put it in my home and yeah I'd love to.
Why is it bad? I used to punch with weights in my hands, now they're just gloves with sand in them.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-04 12:05:43

At 9/4/10 03:03 AM, PabMo wrote:
At 9/3/10 09:00 PM, Cericon wrote: Give me a heavy bag and a place to put it in my home and yeah I'd love to.
Why is it bad? I used to punch with weights in my hands, now they're just gloves with sand in them.
I can't even afford one for myself. You don't have a shed or something?
It's bad for developing technique and posture. The dude who answered this made a reasonable point.

I see. That is quite good, thank you.
And no, I don't have a shed. I'd have no place to put one. I could afford a boxing bag, but I'd have nowhere to put it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-15 17:30:08

UFC Fight Night 22 is on tonight followed by The Ultimate Fighter! Anyone else stoked to see GSP as a coach. A bunch of people are coming over to my place and we are just gonna get wasted off our butts.
Nate Marquart is headling UFN22 against Palhares, I have my money on Nate the Great.

Also UFC 119 is coming up, anyone pumped for the CC/Mir fight?

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-29 19:17:46

At 9/15/10 05:30 PM, MegaGold wrote: Also UFC 119 is coming up, anyone pumped for the CC/Mir fight?

Ugh...

That card was atrocious. You know it's bad when the undercard fights are infinitely more entertaining than the main events, and when Dana White denies Mir knock out of the night bonus even though he was the only one who knocked anyone out.

I drank myself retarded out of frustration watching that card.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-30 18:17:11

wow i forgot all about this place. I remember making a Mixed Martial Arts Club right before this and no one had any clue what the fuck it was lol

Response to Ufc Club 2010-09-30 21:13:53

At 9/30/10 06:17 PM, narf109 wrote: I remember making a Mixed Martial Arts Club right before this and no one had any clue what the fuck it was lol

That's hilarious but not surprising, I guess MMA wasn't that big in 06 and 07, which is surprising alone, but UFC wasn't that popular then compared to it's popularity now. Even now though, this club doesn't get much attention, even though there's so many UFC fans, guess not many on Newgrounds.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-10-26 18:48:20

CAIN!

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-10-26 19:40:25

At 10/26/10 06:48 PM, EternitySpent wrote: CAIN!

You have no idea how drunk I was during that fight, I was standing up in front of my buddy's TV yelling the entire fight. I knew he had him right away, Brock was scared of him, that's why he just started swinging in the first two seconds, didn't want to give him a chance and he still lost. It felt so great seeing Lesnar lose his title, I was so happy that night.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-10-28 04:30:15

Everyone enjoyed UFC 121? Completely stacked card, too bad some of the matches seemed slow.

I knew Cain was gonna win, he is better than Brock in everyway. People after the fight said, oh yeah Brock will beat him next time. Yeah right! I don't see Cain losing the title for a very long time. Maybe if he gets knocked out by JDS or Carwin and that's a big if. Speaking of, him and JDS are next up.

Jake Shields seemed kind of out of it. He blamed the cut, but I believe that Kampmann hurt him early. I also thought Kampmann got robbed seeing as he wasn't gassed or hurt at all at the end of the fight. Shields is suspended from injuries.

Good job to Diego Sanchez by the way, I thought for sure Paulo had this fight won. I didn't think is was fight of the night, even though it was spectacular. I believe Cain vs Lesnar should have been, just from how fast paised it was.

Decent card overall, 8/10 I really enjoyed.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-11-13 16:24:40

122 tonight... I'm actually really pumped for it and nobody I know is.. My one buddy was, because he thought it was Rampage and Machida fighting tonight... What a goof.

I'm looking most forward to Matyushenko's fight... Should be good shit even though he's an old man.
I think Soszynski is going to kick ass tonight too.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-11-14 06:18:17

At 11/13/10 04:24 PM, EpicFail wrote: 122 tonight... I'm actually really pumped for it and nobody I know is.. My one buddy was, because he thought it was Rampage and Machida fighting tonight... What a goof.

I'm looking most forward to Matyushenko's fight... Should be good shit even though he's an old man.
I think Soszynski is going to kick ass tonight too.

Vlad showed once again that he is a tough SOB and deserves to be in the UFC, glad to see he's back to his winning ways. The Polish Experiment kind of disappointed me tonight, he's usually a little more agressive, he still got the W though.

What happened to Marquartd tonight, he did not look like himself, he seemed very gunshy against Okami. I hope he returns to his winning ways, because even though he lost to Chael also recently, he still gave Sonnen a beating, Oh well. UFC 122 was decent for a free card.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-11-14 18:09:43

Yeah I was happy to so that Krzysztof won, it wasn't impressive or anything though... I guess that's why it was free... I hope Okami can win the title though.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-12-11 17:50:41

Who you guys got in the fights tonight?

Here's my bets.

GSP - 3rd round Submission
McCorkle - Decision
Oliveira - 2nd Round KO
Danzig - N/A
Alvez - Decision
Hazelett - N/A
BongFeldt - 2nd Round N/A
Riddle - 3rd Round N/A
Doerkson - 2nd Round KO
Almeida - N/A
Audinwood - Decision

Response to Ufc Club 2010-12-11 19:32:42

Struve by KO, round 1 or 2.
Alves by decision.
Stevenson by decision
GSP outwrestles and uses his athleticism to get a clear decision against Koscheck.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-12-12 01:53:11

Was surprised Koscheck stood up the whole fight, those GSP strikes are something else.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-12-12 03:46:42

At 12/12/10 01:53 AM, o0-0o wrote: Was surprised Koscheck stood up the whole fight, those GSP strikes are something else.

That was crazy... His eye was SHUT.... Blew my mind.. Surprised it went to decision although I kind of saw it coming... Weird though... Never expected those punches from GSP.... Glad he won though. Making us Canadians proud once again... I think that is an 8 fight win streak.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-12-12 16:34:02

At 12/11/10 07:32 PM, michelinman wrote: Struve by KO, round 1 or 2.
Alves by decision.
Stevenson by decision
GSP outwrestles and uses his athleticism to get a clear decision against Koscheck.

Damn. Danzig caught Stevenson in round 1 or I would have been right on all of them. Didn't expect GSP to just stand and buck with Koscheck though since it would leave him vulnerable for NCAA Champion takedowns. When you're GSP though, fuck it I guess. Yes, GSP has won 8 straight, but 4 of his last 5 have gone to decision, although the one against Koscheck wasn't boring (finally).

Next card is New Years Day. Can't say I'm too excited by the main fight because Edgar looked like the worse fighter in both fights against Penn. He won them both clearly, but it seemed like Penn just couldn't get into a rhythm. I don't like Edgar as a champ. I don't like Maynard either, but he'll be better off.

I think Maynard is going to take down Edgar with ease the whole fight and it's gonna go to a decision. Clay Guida has a fight against Takanori Gomi who's coming off of a knockout against Tyson Griffin, which is no easy task. Looking to see these guys destroy each other. Betting that's Fight of the Night.

Response to Ufc Club 2011-01-01 18:47:33

UFC 125 tonight!!! Hopefully getting shit faced...
Here's my predictions.

Maynard - Rd 2
Leben - Decision
Silva - Rd 3
Diaz - Rd 2
Guida - Decision
Stephens - Rd 1
Grispi - Decision
Tavares - Rd 2
Brown - Rd 3
Roberts - Rd 1
Volkmann - Decision

I don't care for many of these fighters so I'm just winging it on these guesses, especially the preliminaries, don't really care tbh. I just hope that Diaz wins, Maynard wins, and I don't give a fuck about Leben or Stann, so whatever.

Response to Ufc Club 2011-01-03 12:26:18

At 1/1/11 06:47 PM, EpicFail wrote: and I don't give a fuck about Leben or Stann, so whatever.

Not sure how you couldn't care about the only worthwhile fight on that entire card between a big-headed crybaby and an american hero, both with immense KO power.

Granted, I expected the Guida fight to be better than it was (it wasn't bad, but it was no Sanchez vs Guida).

Everything else went pretty much the way I expected. The Vera fight was so stupid that Silva had to smash his nose into oblivion, bitch smack and spank him to keep the audience entertained (seriously UFC, cut Vera already, he'll never regain his short-lived former glory). Edgar vs Maynard had an intense first round that I didn't expect, but neither are finishers so it went to the 5th round like I predicted.

What I didn't expect was a draw, so if they do an immediate rematch I'll be pissed. I'd much rather see Pettis vs. the title holder; as much as I like Maynard and respect Edgar, neither of them really try to finish fights.

Response to Ufc Club 2011-02-05 23:30:58

JON JONES TO FIGHT SHOGUN RUA FOR THE TITLE!!!

If you guys are watching UFC right now, Joe Rogan just made the announcement after Jon Jones won!
I can't fucking wait.

Response to Ufc Club 2011-03-30 21:58:16

Ultimate Fighter 13 premiered just now, episode just ended. Good stuff so far, definitely rooting on Team Dos Santos.

I have zero respect for Lesnar, I don't like him one bit - But whatever, it isn't relevant really.

So far his team is losing, first fight Team Lesnar lost, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I'm actually planning on following this season, was way too busy the last season.

Response to Ufc Club 2011-04-02 18:46:12

At 3/30/11 09:58 PM, EpicFail wrote: So far his team is losing, first fight Team Lesnar lost, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I don't know if it was such a good decision in the long run though, I mean Dos Santos put his number 1 pick against Lesnars last pick. He probably should have used his number 1 pick against somebody a little higher up.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't have the guys fight their way into the house this season. I liked it when they started doing that because then you get a better idea of what kind of skills each fighter has before the real competition starts.

Anyway, I'm also rooting for Dos Santos, I like him a lot more than Lesnar.

BBS Signature