DemonCole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2007-12-30 01:09:46 Reply

Who watched UFC 79? For anyone who hasn't, and wants to know what happened:

Spoilers:
Chuck Liddell beat Silva in the third round by tko. I really wanted Liddell to win, so I was pleased.
In the other main event, George St. Pierre beat Matt Hughes, by tap out in the second round. I was disappointed by this fight, and really thought that Hughes would win.

DemonCole: Owner of the UFC Club
Co-owner of the: Horror club
Member of the YuYu Hakusho club, anime club, dbz club, Elder Scrolls Oblivion faction, and the Weird Al club

BBS Signature
hopelesswonder
hopelesswonder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2008-07-15 10:21:36 Reply

So I would like to take the time to Congratulate Forrest Griffin for his impressive decision victory over Rampage... I know that the rematch is going to be an all out war.

hopelesswonder
hopelesswonder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2008-07-16 07:03:41 Reply

At 12/30/07 01:09 AM, DemonCole wrote: Who watched UFC 79? For anyone who hasn't, and wants to know what happened:

Spoilers:
Chuck Liddell beat Silva in the third round by tko. I really wanted Liddell to win, so I was pleased.
In the other main event, George St. Pierre beat Matt Hughes, by tap out in the second round. I was disappointed by this fight, and really thought that Hughes would win.

Dude it wasn't a TKO it was a decision. Hughes is kind of over the hill now that everyone knows that he is beatable.

hopelesswonder
hopelesswonder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2008-07-19 21:01:24 Reply

Anderson Silva is going to kill him!

DemonCole
DemonCole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2008-07-26 23:53:45 Reply

At 7/15/08 10:21 AM, hopelesswonder wrote: So I would like to take the time to Congratulate Forrest Griffin for his impressive decision victory over Rampage... I know that the rematch is going to be an all out war.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I thought that this place was dead. Anyways, I was dissappointed. I mean, Forrest Griffin did deserve to win, however I was looking foward to see Rampage destroy him. It looked to me that Rapage was holding back. If he charged straight in, and didn't let Griffin get all those leg kicks in, then he would have won.

DemonCole: Owner of the UFC Club
Co-owner of the: Horror club
Member of the YuYu Hakusho club, anime club, dbz club, Elder Scrolls Oblivion faction, and the Weird Al club

BBS Signature
hopelesswonder
hopelesswonder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2008-10-18 04:36:55 Reply

So anyone else pissed off about the fact that Kenny Florian is getting fucked out of his title shot?

PlzBuryMyCraps
PlzBuryMyCraps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2009-06-02 21:01:55 Reply

Can i join pl0x

Dont get fucked by the Long Dick of life.

BBS Signature
megamanbn6
megamanbn6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2009-06-02 22:24:28 Reply

So can we talk about the UFC game alongside the actual thing?

Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk = Awesomeness.

MegaGold
MegaGold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2009-06-09 02:45:20 Reply

I never knew there was a UFC club and I would like to join.
Hopefully this thread will become popular someday, maybe even sooner seeing as UFC 100 will be out in a month and a half. There is also a new game UFC 2009 Unleashed.
Anyways my favorite fighters: GSP, Mir, Gracie and a shitload more.

Members of:
The UFC Club
AVGN Club

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2009-06-13 18:44:18 Reply

UFC 99 review now available at apintandafight.wordpress.com

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
MegaGold
MegaGold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2009-08-24 09:31:33 Reply

UFC 102 is coming up, can't wait. Here's my predictions for the main card.

Couture def. Nogueira - probably all 3 rounds, all wresting by Couture

Jardine def. Silva - I want Jardine to do what he did to forest, that would be sweet.

Rosholt def. Leben - I just don't like Leben hahah.

Marquardt def. Maia - Watch me be completely wrong.

Vera def. Soszynski - I'm probably completely wrong again, haha.

I can not wait for the 29th, I'm planning on going to a bar, hopefully I have enough money. Time will tell.

Members of:
The UFC Club
AVGN Club

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Ufc Club 2009-08-24 14:50:56 Reply

At 8/24/09 09:31 AM, MegaGold wrote: UFC 102 is coming up, can't wait. Here's my predictions for the main card.

Couture def. Nogueira - probably all 3 rounds, all wresting by Couture

Jardine def. Silva - I want Jardine to do what he did to forest, that would be sweet.

Rosholt def. Leben - I just don't like Leben hahah.

Marquardt def. Maia - Watch me be completely wrong.

Vera def. Soszynski - I'm probably completely wrong again, haha.

I can not wait for the 29th, I'm planning on going to a bar, hopefully I have enough money. Time will tell.

I would go with your Predictions, they seem pretty solid for the Maincard events.

I will hope on the train here. I fight MMA, and watch the UFC regularly. Looking forward to the New season of TUF. I want Kimbo to get raped. Hes trying to make a UFC break in the Decline of his Ability's.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
MegaGold
MegaGold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-01-19 06:04:50 Reply

Wow this place is dead. Well if anyone is interested, GSP is fighting Dan Hardy at ufc 11. Definately gonna be one of the best ufc's for sure this year.

Members of:
The UFC Club
AVGN Club

BBS Signature
jew193
jew193
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-01-19 15:57:12 Reply

At 1/19/10 06:04 AM, MegaGold wrote: Wow this place is dead. Well if anyone is interested, GSP is fighting Dan Hardy at ufc 11. Definately gonna be one of the best ufc's for sure this year.

I'm gonna join cause I love watching MMA. But I definitely think in that event Carwin vs. Mir is gonna be the fight to watch. I think Hardy vs. GSP is gonna be similar to BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez. Kind of a blowout.

MegaGold
MegaGold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 08:03:43 Reply

At 1/19/10 03:57 PM, jew193 wrote:
I'm gonna join cause I love watching MMA. But I definitely think in that event Carwin vs. Mir is gonna be the fight to watch. I think Hardy vs. GSP is gonna be similar to BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez. Kind of a blowout.

Your predictions were pretty correct. GSP vs Hardy was a blowout. Too bad it lasted all 5 rounds, was hoping to see a good finish. Man Carwin is the bomb. He killed Mir so quickly. Blink for a second and it's all over.

Anyways for the people who check this thread there's a good fight night tomorrow with Florian and Gomi. UFC 112 is on April 10 in Abu Dhabi. 2 title fights, man I'm pumped for this card.

Members of:
The UFC Club
AVGN Club

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 09:24:19 Reply

At 3/31/10 08:03 AM, MegaGold wrote: Your predictions were pretty correct. GSP vs Hardy was a blowout. Too bad it lasted all 5 rounds, was hoping to see a good finish. Man Carwin is the bomb. He killed Mir so quickly. Blink for a second and it's all over.

GSP has never been able to finish fights for shit. He just outworks everyone for the whole fight and wins every round. The man has skills though, that's for sure. Mir/Carwin REALLY surprised me. I thought Mir was the second best Heavyweight in the UFC next to Cain Velasquez. Mir didn't even look like he was fighting. He just leaned against the wall and got beat up on until he got knocked out. Carwin and Lesnar will fight this summer for the Heavyweight belt, and Velasquez is #1 contender after that, and he'd destroy either one of those two.

Anyways for the people who check this thread there's a good fight night tomorrow with Florian and Gomi. UFC 112 is on April 10 in Abu Dhabi. 2 title fights, man I'm pumped for this card.

I'm kind of pumped for it, but it's more because I know there's going to be some people getting fucking dominated out there than it is to see good fights. B.J. Penn is untouchable at lightweight and looked the best he's ever been while breaking Diego Sanchez' skull apart, and Sanchez is way better than Frankie Edgar. Anderson Silva is absolutely the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and Demian Maia is completely outclassed. And Hughes > Gracie. Gonna be a lot of blood in Abu Dhabi, just like those terrorist, motherless savages like it. :p

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 19:05:28 Reply

Not impressed

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 19:31:02 Reply

UFC 111 was awesome, three fighters I like won, and I'm glad that Frank Mir lost, such a dick imo.

UFC 112 is coming up right away, can't wait.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 19:32:01 Reply

At 3/31/10 07:31 PM, EpicFail wrote: UFC 111 was awesome, three fighters I like won, and I'm glad that Frank Mir lost, such a dick imo.

UFC 112 is coming up right away, can't wait.

I felt kinda sorry for Hardy though :(

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 19:37:22 Reply

At 3/31/10 07:32 PM, Lorkas wrote:
At 3/31/10 07:31 PM, EpicFail wrote: UFC 111 was awesome
I felt kinda sorry for Hardy though :(

I didn't, St Pierre is one of, if not the best fighters in MMA.
Dan Hardy had heart, and he fought him the best he could, and also didn't tap on the arm bar and shit, that was ridiculous.

Yeah, whatever.

Punch
Punch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Movie Buff
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 21:27:28 Reply

Hey, can I join? I'm not really big into itnow, but I'm starting to get into UFC.

George "Rush" St-Pierre is actually my 3rd (or so) cousin. Loved his last fight.

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 21:56:42 Reply

I hate GSP.

I don't know, I guess it's because whenever another fighter fights like GSP, they get booed, but GSP, the master of lay and pray + not finishing, gets cheered for every takedown. Just look at Jon Fitch's fight that same night. Similar performance, gets booed, and Dana White is later interviewed saying he has no idea what to do with Jon Fitch. If GSP didn't have all of Canada backing him and wasn't clinging to the belt like a straight up baby, he'd probably be in a similar situation. He hasn't been the same since getting TKO'd by Serra.

... Honestly, he's my least favorite famous fighter. I like him as a person because he's modest and kinda cool, but as a fighter, he's just out for the win. All of Greg Jacksons camp is (with the exception of maybe Jon Jones), and I think it's detrimental to the sport. I don't want to watch a glorified grappling match... I want to see some skulls get cracked god damnit.

That said, Carwin vs Mir was SO FUCKING LEGIT. I was wasted at the time (as I am with most UFC events), and the meeting between him and Brock Lesnar was just epic. Probably the only fight I'm looking forward to in the foreseeable future, besides maybe Shogun vs Machida 2...

Ufc Club

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Ufc Club 2010-03-31 23:25:24 Reply

Oh man i have missed lots of usc stuff, i will have to catch up on alot of things :(

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
MegaGold
MegaGold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-08 15:48:19 Reply

At 3/31/10 09:56 PM, Rallard wrote: I hate GSP.

I don't know, I guess it's because whenever another fighter fights like GSP, they get booed, but GSP, the master of lay and pray + not finishing, gets cheered for every takedown. Just look at Jon Fitch's fight that same night. Similar performance, gets booed, and Dana White is later interviewed saying he has no idea what to do with Jon Fitch. If GSP didn't have all of Canada backing him and wasn't clinging to the belt like a straight up baby, he'd probably be in a similar situation. He hasn't been the same since getting TKO'd by Serra.

You really don't know anything about GSP do you, you just read what other people say. Watch GSP against Fitch, 3 of the rounds were stand up. He also stood a round with BJ Penn and out struck him. Out kick boxed Alves too. And when he's on the ground, it's not lay in pray, some of the most brutal ground in pound in MMA today. Other than Hardy all his fights, he battered his opponent. Don't be hatin' because the 2nd best pound for pound happens to be canadian.

Members of:
The UFC Club
AVGN Club

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-08 16:07:35 Reply

Fitch and GSP are both good fighters imo.
And Fitch had a good fight on 111.

And you say he clings on to the belt like a baby, he's confident and knows it's his belt. He's not afraid to put the belt on the line either and he's proved that.

Yeah, whatever.

AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-08 17:54:55 Reply

At 4/8/10 03:48 PM, MegaGold wrote: You really don't know anything about GSP do you, you just read what other people say. Watch GSP against Fitch, 3 of the rounds were stand up. He also stood a round with BJ Penn and out struck him. Out kick boxed Alves too. And when he's on the ground, it's not lay in pray, some of the most brutal ground in pound in MMA today. Other than Hardy all his fights, he battered his opponent. Don't be hatin' because the 2nd best pound for pound happens to be canadian.

He didn't out strike Penn. He used his size advantage and pinned him up against the cage and took him down when he could and just beat up on him down there. GSP is the most strategic fighter in the UFC. He prepares for each individual fight completely different. Makes for a great champion, but not much for an exciting fighter. He batters on people, but he never leaves his comfort zone to go for a KO or submission. All he cares about is the win.

Can't blame the guy, I definitely don't judge him. He's got skills. He's just not as entertaining as say, Clay Guida, who doesn't care if he wins or loses. He's just going in there to give 100% all of himself to give the fans what they want. Blood. Even if it's his own. At the end of the day, UFC is about entertainment, but it's about the win to GSP. Even if it's a long, slow, boring decision win.

And GSP is not the 2nd best pound for pound. Penn is naturally about 30 pounds lighter than GSP, and he gave him a run the first time, and he looked the best he ever has against Diego Sanchez in Januray. And GSP got turned into a bitch by Matt Serra. Lets see GSP hop up a weight class. I bet Demian Maia or especially Vitor Belfort would end pretty ulgy for him. And Anderson Silva is obviously first.

Welterweight has the weakest competition of any weight class right now. I mean, UFC did a good job of hyping up the Hardy fight, but that was a scrimmage for GSP. The only guys that have fought at 170 that could compete with him are Hughes and Penn. Penn is too small, and Hughes is getting bigger and older. So that makes the top big name contender Nick Diaz. Pretty damn good, but nothing too special.

Enough about GSP though. Anyone else here just waiting and waiting and waiting for Shinya Aoki's contract with DREAM to run up so we can see him and BJ Penn fight?

MegaGold
MegaGold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-09 01:00:17 Reply

At 4/8/10 05:54 PM, michelinman wrote: He didn't out strike Penn. He used his size advantage and pinned him up against the cage and took him down when he could and just beat up on him down there. GSP is the most strategic fighter in the UFC. He prepares for each individual fight completely different. Makes for a great champion, but not much for an exciting fighter. He batters on people, but he never leaves his comfort zone to go for a KO or submission. All he cares about is the win.

Have you seen BJ Penn vs GSP 2? The 3rd round GSP completely out struck him. I own the DVD and watched it on several different occassions. He out jabs Penn, don't believe me? Watch it, they are the most beautiful jabs. Joe Rogan even makes a comment about it, don't be bias against GSP because he did beat BJ Penn in every aspect in the game. The replays at the end of the 3rd round show the jabs in slow motion. They're SICK!

Can't blame the guy, I definitely don't judge him. He's got skills. He's just not as entertaining as say, Clay Guida, who doesn't care if he wins or loses. He's just going in there to give 100% all of himself to give the fans what they want. Blood. Even if it's his own. At the end of the day, UFC is about entertainment, but it's about the win to GSP. Even if it's a long, slow, boring decision win.

Other than Hardy and Koscheck, the rest of GSP's are eye candy to watch. The GSP Hughes trilogy? One of the best rivalries ever. GSP vs Jon Fitch, not only did it win fight of the night, it was also fight of the year candidate, like COME ON!

And GSP is not the 2nd best pound for pound. Penn is naturally about 30 pounds lighter than GSP, and he gave him a run the first time, and he looked the best he ever has against Diego Sanchez in Januray. And GSP got turned into a bitch by Matt Serra. Lets see GSP hop up a weight class. I bet Demian Maia or especially Vitor Belfort would end pretty ulgy for him. And Anderson Silva is obviously first.

BJ Penn was over 200 pounds against Lyoto so I don't know where your getting the 30 pounds pounds from. I love Penn by the way, one of my fav fighters, so I'm not bias. Him destroying Diego is one of the most dominant matches ever. Penn is a shapeshifter, he was a welterweight for a while and only lost to Hughes because he broke his rib at the end of the second round. I think GSP can beat Silva by the way, but for the time being we don't know. GSP did call out Silva once, and Silva turned the fight DOWN! I have that also on the extras of one of my DVDs.

Welterweight has the weakest competition of any weight class right now. I mean, UFC did a good job of hyping up the Hardy fight, but that was a scrimmage for GSP. The only guys that have fought at 170 that could compete with him are Hughes and Penn. Penn is too small, and Hughes is getting bigger and older. So that makes the top big name contender Nick Diaz. Pretty damn good, but nothing too special.

Okay, you really don't know your weight classes what so ever. The middle weight is by far the weakest competition. Welterweight has 3 top 10 pound for pound fighters (Alves, Fitch and GSP). In other words the welterweight has the best competition.

Enough about GSP though. Anyone else here just waiting and waiting and waiting for Shinya Aoki's contract with DREAM to run up so we can see him and BJ Penn fight?

I would much perfer to see Florian fight Aoki first. Everyone was talking about how Gomi was gonna crush Florian. When Florian won, they started BSing how Gomi had a horrible performance. NO HE DIDN'T! It's just Florian looked that much better. K I'll shut up now.

Members of:
The UFC Club
AVGN Club

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-09 11:51:24 Reply

At 4/9/10 01:00 AM, MegaGold wrote: In other words the welterweight has the best competition.

Uh, I wouldn't go that far. I'm leaning more towards light heavyweight. In my opinion, as far as competition is concerned: LH, Heavy, Welter, Light and finally Middle.

Looking forward to watching A. Silva fight tomorrow. Hopefully Hooters is still illegally showing PPV events for no cover charge, because $9 pitchers and greasy food go great with UFC.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-09 19:46:58 Reply

Just started to get into UFC a few months ago, The Ultimate Fighter has been great for familiarizing myself with some of the fighters and how the sport tends to work...though admittedly, I don't know as much as many of you do I'm sure.

Was happy to see Carwin beat Mir, no disrespect to Mir, but it seems to me Carwin is the guy Brock Lesnar probably wakes up in a cold sweat at night afraid that Carwin will drop him and expose him for what he really is: A hyped up rookie who plays it safe and boring in there and uses his size to keep anybody from really going after him so he gets the win. Hoping very much for a Carwin knock out of Lesnar :)

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-09 19:55:46 Reply

I hope Carwin wins too. Frank Mir seems like a cocky asshole, and Brock Lesnar is a straight up cunt.

Yeah, whatever.