00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ufc Club

25,260 Views | 235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-16 02:18:39

At 4/15/10 07:28 AM, Lorkas wrote: Guys can you explain me how the HELL did BJ Penn lose against that froob franky edgar?

Frankie had a perfect game plan and capitalized so well. Biggest upset of the year, and probably not gonna be topped. It was to decision, but even BJ Penn knew he was beat after the judges scores.

At 4/15/10 08:28 AM, Mans0n wrote: My favorite UFC fighter is Josh Koscheck. I mean he has a pretty good record, and he has a heavy left hand!

He's heavy in both hands actually. And such a sick wrestler. He's fighting Daley at 113, that's gonna be a sick fight to watch.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-16 14:38:47

LMAO, this thread revived again. Anyway, looking forward to see a good performance this time by Anderson Silva. His last fight was oh-so boring and he is the pound-for-pound of MMA, so he needs to bring excitement this time. More ground-striking and less stomping.

Also, Mark Munoz, the next UFC Star. "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" according to Mike Goldberg.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-20 03:57:03

At 4/16/10 02:38 PM, TheYoungblood wrote: LMAO, this thread revived again. Anyway, looking forward to see a good performance this time by Anderson Silva. His last fight was oh-so boring and he is the pound-for-pound of MMA, so he needs to bring excitement this time. More ground-striking and less stomping.

Also, Mark Munoz, the next UFC Star. "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" according to Mike Goldberg.

I wish this thread would get more popular, but newgrounders are not that big on mma. I go on other forums for mma, but 90% of the users there are complete douchebags.

Anyways the only fight I saw of Munoz was him getting knocked out with a headkick by Hamill. I don't see him becoming champ, but he will be in the UFC for quite a while.

Anyways UFC is happening on May 8th and I must say, I'm too excited for a couple of matches on the main card.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-20 15:21:10

A lot to catch up on. Haven't been around here in a while. First and foremost, after the Edgar fight, I have given up the argument that Penn is better than GSP pound for pound. Penn fought Edgar like Edgar weighed 20 pounds more than him when Penn really had the weight advantage. Edgar is naturally a featherweight. He fights up at lightweight since UFC doesn't have a featherweight division. Penn was very timid, staying on his feet and trying to stand up with Edgar even though he was far too fast and completely unpredictable. Every combination Frankie threw was unique. Constantly switching things up and really just beating on BJ.

If Penn would have attempted a take down or even just kept Frankie in his guard when he was taken down (first time he's been taken down in a lightweight fight in probably 6 years), he could have used his far superior jiu jitsu and worked a submission, if not just using his weight to ground and pound him. Standing up with a lighter, faster Edgar was a terrible strategic move, and the result showed that. Although Penn was timid and slower, you could still see that he's a better fighter. His lightning quick stand-up after he was taken down both times, and the size he had on him shows me he should beat Edgar. I think Penn lost that fight due to terrible strategy, so props to Edgar for beating him at his weak spot. He fought hard, mixed things up, and got the better of the best lightweight champion of all time. I wouldn't expect him to hold the belt long though.

I think Joe Stevenson and Diego Sanchez would be probably the top contenders in taking out Edgars particular style. Both guys are prepared for a war, and they like to take down, ground and pound, and use their speed and athletic skills to take out their opponents will to live. Relentless fighters are going to be Edgars weakness because he's lighter and he's unproven against a real brawler. Penn tried using technique, and technique failed. I think Florian would make the same mistake by trying to focus on his Muay Thai, but Edgar is too unpredictable. Right now it looks like the title shot will be given to either Penn if he wants it, or to Gray Maynard, who has beaten Edgar before because of his ability to outwork Edgar and use his weight and strength to just beat him. Maynard and Edgar would be a good fight, but I don't think it's a fight between the two best lightweights in the world by any means.

I brought up Edgar and Penn first, because that is by far the most important fight of the last UFC. Silva and Maia was one of the most ridiculous fights I've ever seen, if not the most. I'm pretty happy my neighbor bought the Pay Per View and not me, otherwise I'd be livid. Silva said his reasoning for dancing around like a jackass was because Maia had pissed him off with his comment that said something to the effect of they call him the spider and say he has all these legs, so hopefully I can take one home with me. How Silva took more offense to this than to any other shit fighters have talked to him is beyond me, but what is really surprising is that Silva didn't retaliate by beating the piss out of him. He said instead of kicking Maia's ass, he wanted Maia to do something. He said he was just standing there waiting on Maia to make a move.

I don't know how many of you saw the fight, but at about the start of the 3rd round, Silva danced away from Maia every time he made a move. There was no contact between the two men at all. He won by decision because of his decisive victories in round 1 and 2, but for the last 3 rounds, he was quite obviously trying to rest on the work he had done and just wait out the rest of the fight. It was bullshit. Halfway through the 4th round, Dana White THREW the title belt at Silvas manager and said here, fucking take it. He wouldn't even present it to him at the end of the match. Dana White said two things of importance during the press conference after the fights.

1. Silva isn't worthy of GSP. Coming into the fight, White had said that if Silva won, then he would get a fight against GSP. St. Pierre had asked for a fight with Silva before, but Silva had refused. It's interesting how Silva refused to fight GSP, and when told if he won his next fight, he would fight GSP, he made a complete ass of himself and had far from a convincing victory. To me, that raises the question of is Silva scared? I can't see anything else that would have motivated him to act the way he did. Ridiculous.

2. Silva will be the first champion to fight on an undercard. Now whether or not Dana will stick to this statement remains to be seen, but if you've ever seen the Ultimate Fighter or heard the man speak, nothing pisses him off more than pussies pretending to be fighters. Silva looked like a pussy in this last fight, and I wouldn't doubt Dana's threats. If he goes through with it, Silvas next event won't even be a headline fight, let alone a main event. For those of you who don't know what that means, Silvas next fight won't even be on the commercials for the next Pay Per View event he's on. That would obviously be a first championship bout to be on the undercard, and a HUGE slap in the face to Silva.

We'll have to see if he decides to get his shit together. Right now, I see him dominating as much as he physically can without being dominant enough to get asked to fight GSP.

Lastly was Hughes/Gracie. No surprise here. Hughes was dropping leg kicks like Pedro Rizzo and Gracie buckled under it after about 2 of them. Old man, old knees (which is why the Kimbo fight on the next card will probably be a big disappointment to his fans). Can't say enough about Gracies character though. When Rogan asked him if he thought he should have slotted a warm up fight with someone a little easier than Matt Hughes, Gracie said "What kind of fighter would I be if I answered yes to that?" It'll be interesting to see if he returns to the Octagon. As for Hughes, he showed he's still in the upper echelon of Welterweight fighters. I'd like to see him get a bigger fight here sometime soon.

Next card: The main fights are the Shogun/Machida rematch, Koscheck/Daley, and Kimbo/Mitrione. The last fight between Machida and Shogun was the most ass-backward decision of all time. Even Dana White was pissed about it. He paid Shogun the win bonus and not Lyoto. It was absolute bullshit. I'm expecting Shogun to come out and get what is his once and for all. I predict a knockout from Shogun. Koscheck over Daley via decision. And Mitrione over Slice. Kimbo was dropped repeatedly because of kicks to the knee against Houston Alexanders punk ass. It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to figure out the strategy for this one.

I expect to see Mitrione keeping his distance and kicking the fuck out of his front knee, and Kimbo dropping like a tree at least once in the first round. Probably several times in the second. If he plays it right, Mitrione will never give him the chance to drop any of his famous bombs. I think it will either be a medical stoppage or submission.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-26 19:46:48

The Huntington Beach Bad Boy is so much cooler of a nickname now that Titos got a felony under his belt. Observe.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-26 22:44:19

Makes you wonder how this effects Tito's comeback chances now...I guess unless he outright does time for this probably not at all. TUF 11 is in the can except for the Finale, and depending on the severity of the situation and whether or not Jenna presses charges, Tito is probably looking at just being that much more hated.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-27 00:17:42

Well if Tito never fights again, he could always go back to being the greatest announcer ever.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-04-27 01:33:14

At 4/26/10 10:44 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Makes you wonder how this effects Tito's comeback chances now...I guess unless he outright does time for this probably not at all.

He's getting charged with FELONY domestic disturbance. Apparently, Jennas face was "visibly damaged" after the whole incident. I would be surprised if he doesn't get at least 3-6 months prison time.

TUF 11 is in the can except for the Finale, and depending on the severity of the situation and whether or not Jenna presses charges, Tito is probably looking at just being that much more hated.

The UFC has already announced that Rich Franklin will fight in Titos place in June. Apparently he got hurt during filming (probably when his douchebag ass ran through a door in anger) and at the beginning of this month they said the fight was off. I didn't know either until I was looking into this whole domestic disturbance crap. Franklin and Liddell isn't a fight I'm super excited to see. Guess we'll just have to settle with the Rashad Evans/Rampage Jackson matchup from last seasons Ultimate Fighter.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-10 09:49:26

Concerning Anderson Silva's fight against Demian Maia...

WTF LOL!?

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-10 10:12:52

Damian Maia has some of the most dangerous submissions in MMA, and when Silva got a good lead in the fight through stand-up game, he avoided Maia completely, knowing Maia would just be trying to take him down and expose his weakness. Silva can say what he wants, but he made a complete ass of himself, and out of everyone who paid to watch that fight, and it was because he was too busy worrying about losing instead of going out and winning. Fucking douchebag. We'll see what happens in his next fight. He's a long way from getting a match at Shogun.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-10 13:53:19

At 4/27/10 12:17 AM, Rallard wrote: Well if Tito never fights again, he could always go back to being the greatest announcer ever.

I don't think he will be fighting again. It's like when you are a martial artist, or any type of trained fighter. You aren't supposed to fight outside of the octagon, you will get in shit.

Tito Ortiz assaulting Jenna Jameson (as funny as it is) is wrong, and Dana White did what he had to do. It's bad for the company to have fighters doing things like that and him letting it slide. Tito should have thought long and hard before assaulting her, and I'm sure he would have done otherwise. And right now, I bet you he feels stupid as fuck.

Although, he's got the cash to survive for the rest of his life. And because of him being a FORMER UFC fighter, he has a lot of opportunities for him still. So, it's not like his life is only downhill from this point.

Also, Kimbo being removed the UFC isn't that bad either. I never liked Kimbo Slice too much, just another over rated fighter. The UFC won't be missing much without him being there.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-10 17:13:48

Lame. "Dana White: Anderson Silva Doesn't Deserve GSP Fight Anymore." Literally years of foreplay building towards this fight, now potentially all for not.

Tough break for Kimbo, but natural ability alone will only take you so far and although he tried his best to learn how to compete in MMA, he remains a brawler, not a fighter. Still I have to respect the guy, for making it as far as he did at his age with almost no formal training.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-12 16:44:46

At 5/10/10 05:13 PM, EternitySpent wrote

Tough break for Kimbo, but natural ability alone will only take you so far and although he tried his best to learn how to compete in MMA, he remains a brawler, not a fighter. Still I have to respect the guy, for making it as far as he did at his age with almost no formal training.

Not only did he lose, but Dana white kicked him out of the ufc for his horrible performance. Dana White really hated Kimbo Slice. I would have given him one more chance.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-13 10:02:28

At 5/12/10 04:44 PM, MegaGold wrote: Not only did he lose, but Dana white kicked him out of the ufc for his horrible performance. Dana White really hated Kimbo Slice. I would have given him one more chance.

True, but he really got beat down, by a relatively unknown fighter even. And I think Dana only hated Kimbo because he didn't take him seriously as a fighter in his Elite-xc days or whatever it was called. After the fight he was like: "He deserved another fight in the UFC and he lost. I've got nothing but respect for Kimbo and I like him as a person. And I think he's carried himself really well."

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-05-19 17:48:46

At 4/9/10 07:46 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Just started to get into UFC a few months ago, The Ultimate Fighter has been great for familiarizing myself with some of the fighters and how the sport tends to work...though admittedly, I don't know as much as many of you do I'm sure

Yep on all points, So did carwin/lesnar ever get there fight down? i have been away from tv far too long that may be a good thing

If you ever watch any strikeforce fights the ladies do an awsome job anyone know if cyborg is still champion, dobt anyone can beat here if she still is??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-09 06:45:35

At 5/19/10 05:48 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
Yep on all points, So did carwin/lesnar ever get there fight down? i have been away from tv far too long that may be a good thing

They were suppose to fight a while ago, but a bunch of things happened and the fight is now going to be at the beggining of July. I couldn't book the day off but man am I pumped for the fight. I put money on Lesnar a long time ago (5 bucks) but I hope Carwin remains undefeated.

If you ever watch any strikeforce fights the ladies do an awsome job anyone know if cyborg is still champion, dobt anyone can beat here if she still is??

She is the Champ of her division. She is in the 145 class. I'm sure she will eventually lose it, it's not as developed as MMA for males.

Carano is smoking hot by the way

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-13 12:35:46

Poor Chuck, man. I've grown more used to seeing him being knocked out than knocking people out.

Cro Cop too. Fool could've got destroyed but that Pat Barry guy gave him way too many chances, especially when Cro Cop fell down TWICE from being punched and Pat Barry just stood there. The choke was pretty sick though, never expected Cro Cop to pull a submission.

Both guys should just retire and be satisfied with their legacies, though.

Still a decent card but I'm glad I saw it for free at Hooters.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-13 13:57:49

So is Chuck done now or what? That's what I was told anyways, I haven't been keeping up to date with ufc too much lately, but I have seen the past three pay per views, and am looking forward to Carwin and Lesnar fighting, even though I disagree with Lesnar's fighting and fighting style, it's something to look forward to and a pretty big fight in the UFC.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-13 16:23:59

Didn't catch the fight, but yeah Chuck's done. He had to practically beg to just get this fight, and with the result as it was, he doesn't really have a leg to stand on. Plus he's old man, from the highlights I caught this morning it didn't look like Franklin brought anything special - in his prime Liddel would have killed him. Time catches up to you though, and now he can call it quits before he further tarnishes his legacy as one of the 'first-gen' UFC greats.

Not so excited for 116, I must admit. Never cared much for Lesnar, he reminds me of a juiced-up version of the greasy punker guy from Street Fighter.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-14 04:13:05

At 6/13/10 04:23 PM, EternitySpent wrote: Not so excited for 116, I must admit. Never cared much for Lesnar, he reminds me of a juiced-up version of the greasy punker guy from Street Fighter.

Me neither. I'm way more excited for Cain Velasquez to get the winner of that fight. I don't see that lasting the first round. Then a Junior Dos Santos/Velasquez title fight hopefully. That would be amazing. Junior Dos Santos is taking on Roy Nelson on this next card too, so all you guys who hate "Big Country" as much as I do, tune in to watch him get knocked the fuck out.

Liddells career is more over than Tito Ortiz's, and Tito is in jail. Just waiting for the official announcement now. He might go to strikeforce like Dan Henderson and Tank Abbott. We'll see. He could probably still do some damage there.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-14 04:32:41

I LIEK KIMBO SILCE.

But in all honesty, I think Chuck Lidell was one of my favorite fighters over the past few years. He's growing older now, but he is still better than a lot of other fighters. I also have liked Anderson Silva up until the point to where he had that little dilemma with whats-his-face. For now, I think Georges St. Pierre is not only one of the most talented fighters in the UFC, but he is also one of the most trustworthy and respected fighter in the UFC. Or atleast that is what he makes himself seem to be.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-14 15:23:25

If you live in Canada, check out 7-11 for UFC Slurpee cups, not sure where in Canada, but I know they are existent in Saskatchewan, Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba. Check them out and get them while they still exist.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-29 02:21:21

I know this is the UFC club, but it should be the mma club, anyways...

After around 10 years, Fedor finally lost (for the second time) to Werdum. Biggest new this year. Man that result surprised me.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-29 02:25:52

UFC = MMA. But it if it was only an MMA thread it would be totally unorganized, as UFC isn't the only MMA sport... So we'd have people coming in here talking about Pride fighting or something, then another posting about some other fighting organization. Would just lead to a disorganized messy thread. It's easier to just have UFC club thread, prior to one directed to MMA as a whole.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-29 09:32:12

At 6/29/10 02:21 AM, MegaGold wrote: I know this is the UFC club, but it should be the mma club, anyways...

Well with Emelianenko's loss Strikeforce is pretty much completely irrelevant now isn't it? He was both dog and pony, for that show. I think I heard on sportscentre that whoever wins between Carwin/Lesnar will surpass Fedor on the MMA fighter rankings; which would consolidate things for the UFC/WEC as they would now have the highest ranked fighter in every single weight class signed.

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-06-30 06:53:43

At 6/29/10 09:32 AM, EternitySpent wrote:
At 6/29/10 02:21 AM, MegaGold wrote: I know this is the UFC club, but it should be the mma club, anyways...
Well with Emelianenko's loss Strikeforce is pretty much completely irrelevant now isn't it? He was both dog and pony, for that show. I think I heard on sportscentre that whoever wins between Carwin/Lesnar will surpass Fedor on the MMA fighter rankings; which would consolidate things for the UFC/WEC as they would now have the highest ranked fighter in every single weight class signed.

There is an MMA club, but it's more to discuss actually DOING MMA, not so much talking about the people in the sport. And UFC has a monopoly on the sport, evenmoreso now that Fedor finally lost (to a UFC fighter that got cut.) So, UFC club is the perfect name IMO.

And yeah, Fedor losing is a huge loss to Strikeforce. The biggest winner of that event was Dana White. It was only a matter of time though. Don't get me wrong, Fedor is a great fighter, but #3 pound for pound? He's right about Mir's level IMO. Nothing too special. Stoked about this weekend though. Velasquez is going to destroy the winner of this fight, and I can't wait for that, so hopefully the winner doesn't get all beat up. Lol

Fights to watch in the upcoming events:

Dream 15: Shinya Aoki vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
July 10th on HDNet. Check out some youtube videos of Aoki. He's the most brutal, technical, jiu-jitsu/judo fighter out there. He was ranked as the 2nd best lightweight in the world behind B.J. Penn for a long time until he lost to Gilbert Melendez in a Strikeforce match. Before the match, Aoki said that if Melendez won the match, then he would admit Japanese training was inferior to American. He lost, and has since started training with Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu in California, which means if it's possible to get better at what he does, he's done it. Look for this guy who doesn't understand what it means when someone taps out to take an arm or a leg home with him.

117: Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson.
You guys might remember Nelson as the winner of the Ultimate Fighter heavyweights. He's probably going to be remembered as a stepping stone for Dos Santos after this fight. Dos Santos is 8-1 and undefeated in the Octagon. If he wins this fight convincingly enough, he could get bumped up to 3rd or 4th in the heavyweight division and be looking at a title shot against the winner of Velasquez vs. Carwin/Lesnar. I predict Dos Santos will get a KO in the first round. Big Country hasn't really had any experience against world class fighters, and Dos Santos has made it a habit of destroying world class fighters.

117: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Two of the most entertaining lightweights in the game trying to turn things around in a big way. This one has about a 90% chance of being fight of the night. Don't miss it. You might as well make sure you get your moneys worth, because of Silva/Sonnen is anything like Silva/Maia, entertainment will be few and far apart in the main event. I think Guida has too much cardio for dos Anjos. We'll see.

118: Randy Couture vs. James Toney
If you don't know who James Toney is, google that shit. This guy is hands down the best boxer to enter the Octagon ever. 4 time world champion. World champion wrestler vs. world champion boxer. This is the first match of this type in UFC history. Going to answer a ton of questions. I don't even have a prediction for this one because it's so off the wall weird. Haha. If I had to guess though, I'd say Couture is gonna ground and pound him out.

118: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis
Nate Diaz has made the jump to Welterweight despite being one of the skinniest guys in the lightweight division, and is about to square off against a true ground and pound specialist in Marcus Davis. I think Nates Jiu Jitsu isn't gonna do him any good against Davis. This fight should be a great David vs. Goliath type fight though.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-01 21:13:50

Jones VS Matyushenko right now, watching it on Versus.

Jones is definitely impressive as hell, but both of them are great fighters... This is gonna be good.

Hoping Yushin Okami wins his fight against Munoz.

Lots of fights tonight... Starting right now!

Very stoked.

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-08 21:02:23

Club is pretty dead... Guess this is some CPR for it.

UFC 117 was off the hook last night, one of the best cards ever...
Every fight was awesome, Fitch was a sick ass fight, Roy Nelson was doing terrible in his fight, Silva was so close to losing his title too, definitely wanted him to win though, happy about that.

It was crazy!

Ufc Club

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-08 21:08:30

Jones is certainly impressive

Earn money by clicking the paypal payment, alertpay click on the banner and learn how to:

BBS Signature

Response to Ufc Club 2010-08-09 07:43:48

At 8/8/10 09:02 PM, EpicFail wrote: Club is pretty dead... Guess this is some CPR for it.

UFC 117 was off the hook last night, one of the best cards ever...
Every fight was awesome, Fitch was a sick ass fight, Roy Nelson was doing terrible in his fight, Silva was so close to losing his title too, definitely wanted him to win though, happy about that.

It was crazy!

Jon Fitch did amazing, shutting out all of Alvez's offence. 8 takedowns in 3 rounds, dam great. Too bad people still aren't giving him the respect he deseves.

Dos Santos did great, first time he didn't finish in the octagon. Can't wait to see him face Lesnar/velasques winner.

The Silva fight was insane. I feel bad for Sonnen though, I hope to see a rematch ASAP. First time the croud has ever seen Silva in any type of trouble.

I can't forget Hughes former welterweight champion. He demolished a 3rd degree black belt with a submission. Almeida is praised for his BJJ and Hughes had none of that. Still have tons of respect for the guy.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

BBS Signature