00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MadManOnMeds just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,384 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-17 22:17:42

(continuation--again)

--a second too late. His laughter echoes through my head, and I come to realize that now it is me rushing through the wind, flying downwards at speeds too high for me to guess. The air shrieking in my ears tells me that it is far too late, that I don't stand a chance falling from this height. I laugh whole-heartedly, glad that someone decided to make the decision for me. The wind steals my laughter, but it still rings in my ears, something I haven't heard in far too long. I turn to face downwards, hurtling towards my final destination, staring it in the face...

And, for once, I am totally and utterly fine with breathing death.

FIN

Current Status: Unbanned

Writer's Club, for all your literacy needs

Fourth Perspective, a wonderful site for your writing.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 15:05:40

Well, if anyone's interested, I started work on that story about the dude who can generate metal and kick arse and drink tea and shit. (Unfortunately, he's out of tea)

Now, I know what you're thinking, 'Ryan you procrastinating handsome young man, you said you would 'finish your current shit first'.

I know that's what I said, but unfortunately, I lost all my current shit when the preverbial toilet was clogged but then fixed again, but unfortunately, I had to flush all my shit.

See where I'm getting at?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 17:07:21

"so far"?

im done with that story, for the most part XD

in any case, thanks.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 18:49:35

Why don't you remember? I remember it very... wait what were we talking about? :D

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 19:32:59

Inspiring... man.. just inspiring.
Also, i noted that you use "forlorn" alot.
A few other interesting grammatical things, but otherwise, inspiring.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 20:04:54

last

Albatross. Alone. Above. Above all this destruction. I survived, just like that Albatross. Following me, it seems. Keeps following me. Can't find any food, all of it is gone, even the animals and plants. My ipod ran out of batteries yesterday. Yet i don't seem as bored anymore. A few days here, alone, has made me a little crazy. Oh well, doesn't really matter any way, because I found another cancerous lump on my breast today. Also I am having stomach pains. I'm pretty sure I'll die soon. No hope left any way, no one is going to rescue me.

"Hey, is anybody out THERE?" I scream into the oblivion. No answe, as usual.

I read somewhere that Nuclear fallout can last hundreds of years, and increase cancer rates. It can also decrease fertillity. Not that that matters, there's no one else here, is there?

"IS THERE?" I scream again. No answer but echos.

Damn echos. And that damn Albatross. He's following me, I can tell. Just waiting for me to die. Then he can eat me, leave only my bones to mark my grave. At least I'll have my bones. Maybe i won't. Maybe I'll just disapear. Maybe I will simply disintegrate from the earth. If a lone survivor falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

"Well? Does it?" I scream yet again. This time i get an answe.
"Tweetle-dum, Tweetle-dee. Who are you talking to? Certainly not me"
"PEOPLE! I FOUND PEOPLE! You are a person right?" I scream so loud I nearly pass out from the effort.
"People? What is this strange phrase? The only words I know for your type is "Opressor", or "White-Snake", nothing more." Replied... what?
"Where'd you learn such horrible things? My name is---" I sudenly trip, falling into a basement. Whoops, didn't relize we were entering a city.
"I hear them from, how do you say it "White-Skins"? Something like coo-lard full-okes," replied... again I wonder what I am talking to.
"Such horrible words haven't been used in some time, by the way, WHO ARE YOU?" I scream again.
"I am the last one of my kind, a demon on wings, harnessing the wind to save the lives of the dead," replied, ohmygod, I just had a conversation with an Albatross.
"You're not real!" I say abruptly ending the conversation.

I keep walking around. Apperently what I thought was a city was just...

"SHUT THE HELL UP! 'Mister Albatross, God of the Wind', Leave me alone!" I screach, to myself I suppose. It still doesn't stop.

... Some little town, out in the middle of no where. Oh well, no food. Just keep walking. How many days since the Skyfire? Ten? Twenty? Or many more? I shall not know, for I lost my calender the first day after the TV went out which was ... Toowoo (I think thats the word for one more than one) Days after the Skyfire. I try to practice math and science and writing and history and all those other stupid subjects, but they're incredably boring, even without some old whiney bitch teaching them to me. Oh well, another day, another mile.

"The God of the Wind knows what day it is!" screamed My Albatross.
"Oh really? What day is that?" I reply, halfheartedly.
"Today is Everyday. It's today tommarrow, and it's yesterday today. But tommarow it will be yesterday which is really today!" he replies gleefully.
"That doesn't make any sense!" I rebuke.
"Yes it does! No wait, it doesn't!" He pause, "On second, no wait, third thought, it DOES make sense."
"Just leave me alone." I mumble, half to myself as I fall down, exhausted, and sleep.

I wake up, the sun has come, the sun is gone. I remain the same.

"THE GOD OF THE WIND HAS COME FOR YOUR SOUL!" carols My Albatross
He had been saying that for several suns now. I lost all my math skills, can't even do... uh... something.. uh.. plus? I don't really know. Oh well, doesn't matter. I have easily traveled farther than every Albatross that ever lived.

"THE GOD OF THE WINDS HAS COME FOR YOUR SOUL!" My Albatross reports, but this time he flies at me, missing my head by mear inches.

"THE GOD OF THE WIND HAS COME FOR YOUR SOUL!" Wind-God Albatross threatens, right before diving at me. I can barely see, considering my sevear malnutrition. But i knew this was the last time. I think i felt something on my head...

End? Of course.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 21:42:59

At 12/18/07 07:32 PM, cooldude76 wrote: Inspiring... man.. just inspiring.
Also, i noted that you use "forlorn" alot.
A few other interesting grammatical things, but otherwise, inspiring.

i did, didnt I?

well that's what I get for writing and revising it in segments, rather than as a whole.

though i probably will tweak it as it appears on other websites, i meant no real new content or anything.

thanks.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-18 23:24:21

Can someone explain to me why people feel so very eager to get their post +1 here by posting their work here instead of in the user page where users can choose to read or not, rather than here when it's just wasting space.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 07:23:08

At 12/18/07 11:24 PM, Phantom wrote: Can someone explain to me why people feel so very eager to get their post +1 here by posting their work here instead of in the user page where users can choose to read or not, rather than here when it's just wasting space.

Because they want to make sure people read it, however arrogant that may seem?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 07:41:08

At 12/18/07 11:24 PM, Phantom wrote: Can someone explain to me why people feel so very eager to get their post +1 here by posting their work here instead of in the user page where users can choose to read or not, rather than here when it's just wasting space.

Because that is what this cub is for, if you dont want to read it don't. You can skip over it, shame if you actualy might have to press the next page button as well, your hand might get a cramp -_-.

<"Clusterfuck of ideas heading nowhere... " Writersblock

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 08:34:04

At 12/19/07 07:41 AM, SprintT wrote: Because that is what this cub is for, if you dont want to read it don't. You can skip over it, shame if you actualy might have to press the next page button as well, your hand might get a cramp -_-.

I just think it's pointless flooding the thread with poems and stories I won't read anyway. I'm too busy for that now.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 11:59:30

At 12/19/07 08:34 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 12/19/07 07:41 AM, SprintT wrote: Because that is what this cub is for, if you dont want to read it don't. You can skip over it, shame if you actualy might have to press the next page button as well, your hand might get a cramp -_-.
I just think it's pointless flooding the thread with poems and stories I won't read anyway. I'm too busy for that now.

Ok? We arent posting here for YOU, sorry to awake you from your egotistic fog. We post here for others to see it, if you are to bussy don't come here.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 14:03:16

At 12/19/07 11:59 AM, SprintT wrote: Ok? We arent posting here for YOU, sorry to awake you from your egotistic fog. We post here for others to see it, if you are to bussy don't come here.

Look noobie, I don't know if anyone explained the term hierarchy to you, but if you knew it, it means don't fuck with your superiors, just because you can write a frizzy, long ass poem doesn't make anymore of a writer than my dog, writing takes talent, imagination, inspiration and dedication, if that was too much for your puny brain, I'll repeat, talent, imagination, inspiration and dedication. If you prove to me you have all of those, you can diss me all you want, but until you do, you are a drop of urine in a large kiddy pool, so do not fuck with me and what I have to say, you have not reached that level quite yet.

I did not spend all this time of my life sitting in front of a monitor, reading classic books, ruining my eyes so that some wretched fuck like you can push me around, I'm beyond that, got that? You better, or by fucking god I'll make your name the synonym to asshat in these forums.

I am not here to be fucked with, I am here to try and contribute my talent to those less talented, but if they try and push me around, they've got another thing coming. So noobie, shut the fuck up.

-Phantom.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 16:13:34

At 12/19/07 02:03 PM, Phantom wrote:
a bunch of egotisctical shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

that really is what you said.

no one gives a shit about the hierarchy right now because--listen close, now--no ones challenging it. Or you. youre acting like he suddenly stuck his dick up your metaphorical ass.

Before you decided to bite his head off, he was explaining that you shouldn't complain about writing in the Writers Club (see the connection here?).

People post stories on their user pages, but unless they are fortunate enough to be a fabulously popular user, it is going to get relatively limited exposure. On the other hand, people can post them here--which is the only legitimate place in the forums, if I recall correctly--so they are seen by more people, and in specific, more experienced writers.

It's what the damned club was created for, now get over it and learn to use the scroll down button.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 16:13:57

At 12/19/07 11:59 AM, SprintT wrote:
Ok? We arent posting here for YOU, sorry to awake you from your egotistic fog. We post here for others to see it, if you are to bussy don't come here.

NO! SPRINT! DON'T GET HIM STARTED! HE'LL-

I have proceeded to verbally rape you in the worst possible way.
-Phantom.

Too late.

Ah well, always nice to see Phantom take the English language and turn it into a deadly weapon.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 17:28:45

Well, i made a comical poem to cheer myself up, maybe you guys will get a kick out of it

(to be read with an extreme amount of melodrama)

Room War 4

On this whirlwind of a day
There is only one thing I can say
It was room war four
And destruction there could be little more
With the chaos there was little I could see
The printer and the stapler just could not agree
This servant of sanity could do nothing
The desk was covered money and clothing
There now was cause for alarm in this frightening situation
The Clutter was launching a massive invasion
I tried to fight it back as best I could
But without a weapon there was no chance I would
So instead of destroying this mess with a broom or a mop
I sold tickets to room war five at fifty dollars a pop

Well, tell me what ya think

"Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete."

Don't bother using the bible as an argument.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 17:50:59

At 12/19/07 04:13 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 12/19/07 11:59 AM, SprintT wrote:
NO! SPRINT! DON'T GET HIM STARTED! HE'LL-

I have proceeded to verbally rape you in the worst possible way.
-Phantom.
Too late.

Ah well, always nice to see Phantom take the English language and turn it into a deadly weapon.

Is it just me, or isis forum turning into a (I don't wantto say it) flame war? In the words of Ali G, 'Lay down your uzi's' (that may have been a misquote, i'm not sure) and read the stories and give feedback ONLY IF YOU WANT TO. Don't go saying you should just put your stories on your user page (i put one on mine, i got one reply telling me how he didn't read it 'cause it was too long) and don't go calling people egotistical bastards, especially if that person is Phantom.

P.S. Ryan, i didn't see Phantom write that he had continued to verbally rape sprintt anywhere, and quotes are meant for direct use, not as a summary of what they say (but i did see how it was more dramatic)

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 19:14:05

At 12/19/07 05:50 PM, Seggi wrote:
P.S. Ryan, i didn't see Phantom write that he had continued to verbally rape sprintt anywhere, and quotes are meant for direct use, not as a summary of what they say (but i did see how it was more dramatic)

true, but we just love doing that...its so much simpler, you know?

just watch. some mod is gonna start banning for it before you can say "Do a barrel roll!"

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 20:35:52

Ok I did not mean to start this.....
Just phantom read what you wrote in the quotes, and you can see why tension would be built. Im sure you didnt mean it in the way that it sounds, but still it sounds kinda egotistic. Again I mean no offence, but bud watch what you type.

As for calling me basically a hack that was uncalled for, and harsh, but I didnt promp it so ill take it. I realize you have done this longer, but other people have skill as well. You arent the only one that wastes their eyes staring at a screen, I have alot of time doing that XD

Now if you would like to discuss this further PM me please, as this is deffinently not the place for this and I'm sure that you know that.

-SprintT

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 21:21:23

Rather than quoting some one, I'll just post my 2 cents.

I believe that, yes, this is a Writer's Crew, for writing. But Phantom is right; I haven't posted here for days, and I'm sure some other members haven't either. And that's because there are essentially 2 pages of SpintT's poems (which I didn't read; not because I don't like you, but because I don't like poems), and this last page had a bunch of useless writings from people I've never seen before.

So, instead of posting everything here, why not make a news post, and paste the link in this thread. That way, we can keep the discussion the poster's writing, or writing techniques, or even contests and collaborations like me and Skilla tried to do.

So let's stop arguing with each other, stop inciting rants from the notorious Phantom, and let's get writing.

------- new post ---------

I feel there needs to be official rules. I mean, now that there are News Pages, you don't have to post your story in a thread or where ever to get exposure. You can post the link in this thread, or whatever.

I just don't want this thread getting locked because it looked spammy.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 23:08:50

That's a good point, that about the thread gettin locked for lookin spammy.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 23:34:42

I don't think it'd look spammy, in the rules, isn't spam defned as making heaps of small, meaningless posts in a short amount of time? Well, if so, then this isn't spammy 'cause most of the stories and poems aren't one line comments, so i don't think it really needs to be changed that much... but then, what do i know?

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-19 23:37:57

To now alot work to be posted here takes away the meaning of the thread. Anyways I'm not going to bother arguing about this, because im done with this club regardless.

Good day writers/poets

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-20 00:40:21

At 12/19/07 04:13 PM, Sistine1408 wrote: It's what the damned club was created for, now get over it and learn to use the scroll down button.

I may complain but whatever I wish, my main complaint in this whole matter is wasting space and spam, I like this club, and I would hate it to be shut down if suddenly a mod decided that all of this crap could just as easily been posted in the user page instead of wasting space here and thus creating spam.

See?

At 12/19/07 09:21 PM, TheThing wrote: Rather than quoting some one, I'll just post my 2 cents.

I believe that, yes, this is a Writer's Crew, for writing. But Phantom is right; I haven't posted here for days, and I'm sure some other members haven't either. And that's because there are essentially 2 pages of SpintT's poems (which I didn't read; not because I don't like you, but because I don't like poems), and this last page had a bunch of useless writings from people I've never seen before.

So, instead of posting everything here, why not make a news post, and paste the link in this thread. That way, we can keep the discussion the poster's writing, or writing techniques, or even contests and collaborations like me and Skilla tried to do.

So let's stop arguing with each other, stop inciting rants from the notorious Phantom, and let's get writing.

That was my entire point, it may have been misunderstood, but it was that users will be put off by the ludicrous amount of writing in these pages that no one will bother reading.

Ok, end arguing, someone is very lucky I'm medicated and kept my rage to a minimum, but now you know, I am not the person to be messed with around here, or anywhere. I've sent SprintT an IM over AIM, we could discuss this further, there.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-20 20:29:49

At 12/19/07 07:23 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
Because they want to make sure people read it, however arrogant that may seem?

I agree with you, i jsut psot here to get reviews by actual writers so ican improve my own writing. It aint about posts.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-20 20:47:41

At 12/19/07 11:34 PM, Seggi wrote: I don't think it'd look spammy, in the rules, isn't spam defned as making heaps of small, meaningless posts in a short amount of time? Well, if so, then this isn't spammy 'cause most of the stories and poems aren't one line comments, so i don't think it really needs to be changed that much... but then, what do i know?

Actually, it is. (I'm not trying to bash SprintT here, but he's the main culprit). SprintT made a good 15-20 posts of his poems within the last 2 pages. Although they were good poems as far as I can tell, that is a lot of posting for 2 pages. And when a mod, skimming the pages of this thread, sees SprintT's name 20 times a page, he's going to lock the thread.

At 12/19/07 11:37 PM, SprintT wrote: To now alot work to be posted here takes away the meaning of the thread.

Work isn't not allowed to be posted, at least under my rules. It's just that, rather than making 3 posts to put your story in here, making the club look bad, put it in your profile, and create a link in this thread. It makes the thread look nicer, and won't make people think "hey, if I make a mediocre/bad story, that takes up 2+ posts, I can post it here and make my post count go up". Also, if you want to edit your work or add on to it (like Sprint did to his poem/story things), you don't have to make another post about it, just fix it in your profile, and tell people you added/changed stuff to it.

Anyways I'm not going to bother arguing about this, because im done with this club regardless.

Woah! Why are you leaving? You are a great poet, and should stay here. No offense to other writers, but for a writer's club, we have very little overall talent. You are the one of the bright spots this thread has.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-20 22:15:42

Ok ack.. I'll agree with that TheThing said for soemthing like that I can see posting it in your news.

Anyways this thread will not get locked for posting a lot of storys by one author: Proof:

xSprintTx (7:37:03 PM): question
xSprintTx (7:37:13 PM): would a writers club get locked for posting alot of poems and storys
xSprintTx (7:37:27 PM): like 3 pages in one nite by 3 people
uberbaristaivxx (7:38:52 PM): no....
xSprintTx (7:39:12 PM): didnt think so
xSprintTx (7:39:22 PM): thankyou
uberbaristaivxx (7:40:16 PM): np

Although I can see wanting to keep the place clean.
Also thanks for the compliment Thething.

Now then lets all get along, never intended for this to blow up like it has.

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-20 22:24:56

At 12/20/07 10:15 PM, SprintT wrote: Proof:

He's right on some level; this is a writers club, so stories/poems should be posted here. But there are other ways (now) to post your work here.

This thread is like a teenager's bedroom; you can pretty much do whatever you want to it, like throw your clothes on the floor, and your mom can't do anything to stop you, but it makes your room look bad when you have friends over.

I'm not sure how much sense that made, but I'm sure you can understand it on some level.

Now then lets all get along, never intended for this to blow up like it has.

Agreed

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-20 23:00:47

10 years
7-8 (all more than 100 pages)

Carpe Noctem: Seize The Night.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-12-21 09:01:55

At 12/20/07 11:00 PM, Forevergone wrote: 10 years
7-8 (all more than 100 pages)

Post something you wrote? That would be delightful :)