00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

130,904 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Writers Club 2007-07-06 03:30:10

There are many writers with unnoticed talent out there, many who are under appreciated.
I say, NOT ANYMORE!
The writers crew is for writers all out there who want to express themselves and strut their stuff with fellow writers. Win some writing contests, make some friends, and maybe even conduct a deal with a flasher to start building your writing career. Sure you may not ever become a Stephen King or E.B. White, but at least you have something to look back one day and say "I remember the day when i became famous on newgrounds for a while".
The writers crew is great for both expert writers and beginners, where you can learn the advanced and basic stradegy for writing story's from examining and exchanging ideas with other writers.
Not to mention the fact that the best writers will be invited to the exclusive group called "two black books" (the name has nothing to do with the bible). This group will work together to form stories for exclusive flash producers with top quality talent (such as qui games and tom thorton).
To join the Writers club simply post
How many years have you been writing:
How many flash story's you have written:
How many real life story's you have written:
And your name (optional):
Now to be in the writers club you must obey a few rules...
#1. No flaming
#2. No multiple accounts (in other words only one of your accounts per person can join)
#3. Swearing is okay once in a while but it is frowned upon.
#4. No plaguarism, use only your work or you will be banned from writers club (its okay to research other peoples stuff to try to make your stuff a bit better but don't actually steal their ideas)
#5. Don't make your buddy a good story so he can win a contest.
#6. And lastly, you can talk off topic, but please try to keep to the writing subject.
For those who are wondering contest's are a challenge posted on the forum by me or someone who has permission from me. They will base off whoever can make the best story about the contest genre and theme. Winners will be invited to the "2 black books" group.
Anybody can apply for the group, however, it is not certain that you will be accepted. Winning a contest however will guarantee a spot in the "2 black books" group.
Lastly of all, i will assign the most trustworthy members of the clan "second in command" positions to take my place if for some apparent reason i wont be online for a while.

Now remember,To join the Writers club simply post

Happy writing!

P.S. to all those who are wondering, yes i have written a story. I have made 6 storys for games, wrote a story for a rpg, and am currently writing a story in real life.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 03:51:32

well you said this club is also for begginers... how begginer can you be? lets say i have written a few good stories in school that i cant remember anymore? dont get me wrong, i can write a pretty damn good story off the top of my head.

well my stats as far as i can rmember:
udefinite stories
3-4 years maybe (for school)
0 flash stories but i bet i could
undefinite real life stories

am i in?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 05:35:23

ya your in. anybody can join even if you never written anything close to a story before. Thats the whole point of the club, to help out beginners, enhance our storywritng skills, talk with peers, and make friends. Its also where you can strut your stuff

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 05:38:40

How many years have you been writing: Umm...i've been writing my entire school life, which is 10 years.
How many flash story's you have written: I write flash scripts?
How many real life story's you have written: None that have been published, but i have wrote quite alot.
And your name (optional): Joe.

You may also want too include Favourite Novelist as one of the critique, as it would allow you too see what genre the writer enjoys. My favourite novelist is J. R. R Tolkein for his LoTR trillogy, and the Hobbit. Both great reads.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 05:45:08

good point. From now on another option is to put your favorite book

My stuff

How many years writing: 3 (im not counting writing school papers :p)
how many storys for games i've written: 6 flash and 1 rpg
How many real life story's i've written: Im currently working on making one. its called last survivor.
my name is: Brian
Favorite author: stephen king and whoever makes the manga "case closed"

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 05:49:13

Stephen King, a good choice. He's an amazing writer, i've read many of his horror novels. They are more horror than fantasy, but i beleive a little bit of fantasy is included in these books.

Who do you guys prefer, J.R R Tolkein or J.K Rowling?

I myself prefer Tolkein, as he is my favourite novelist, plus LoTR beats Harry Potter anyday.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 05:56:58

i prefer tolkien anyday. I dont find harry potter very interesting. Theres no drama in it and not enough spells. Its not very dramatic if he only knows one spell XD. Anyways now that you two are in i think its time for a writing contest. Winner will be put in the red group (just a step down from the 2 black books). I want you to make the best 1 page story you can. Winner will be advanced to red group. no more entrys any later than an hour from now. Good luck :). the genre is fantasy

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:04:01

The Ryan wants to join!

How many years have you been writing: Just one or two
How many flash stories you have written: none
How many real life stories you have written: 2 complete ones, two in progress and quite a few that I scrapped. The majority of those stories can be found here
And your name (optional): Ryan...Pretty obvious, innit?

My favourite author, hmm, It's between Christopher Paolini, J.R.R. Tolkein and J.K Rowling.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:14:49

wow telkien is very popular these days :p. maybe later today or tommorow ill put up one of my flash storys ive written to give an example of how to format a flash story. Anybody need it?

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:22:15

waogh! 1 hour huh? im not in the same time zone i dont think... whutever ill try anyways.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:36:04

Erm, there's already the Writer's Guild, but I'll post my things anyway.

I started in December 2004, so that would be three and a half years just about.

Flash stories? If you mean like BBS stories with "signing up" bits, then zero. I did write a story using some names from the BBS but it wasn't posted here.

Around fifty public ones, about fifty private ones. I've also written around thirty poems. I'm planning to write fifty poems and release them all together.

Andrew/Scarab.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:43:35

At 7/6/07 06:36 AM, Scarab-Stalk33r wrote: Erm, there's already the Writer's Guild, but I'll post my things anyway.

True but this is very different from the writers guild. In the writers guild do they have contests? Do they have exclusive writing groups? Do they have training courses for beginners? I think...NOT! lol. (no im not flaming in case your wondering i was just making a joke...cept for the fact that they dont have those).

anyways theres about 30 minutes left til deadline. Hurry up peoples. (btw post it on the forum for everyone to see)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:47:00

At 7/6/07 03:30 AM, gunground wrote: Now remember,To join the Writers club simply post
How many years have you been writing: about 3-4 years but I've been making short stories since I was in the sixth grade.
How many flash story's you have written: ? I wrote a couple fiction stories and one anti hero story on the way.
How many real life story's you have written: I wrote 2 damn good realistic stories.
And your name (optional): Daniel "Phantom" Shirer

I'd love to join, and as a tribute, I'll post a poem I wrote just the other day.

A Lover's rhyme

Some day we will meet again
Maybe on my last flight away
Maybe on my very last day
One's heart is in too much pain

You've caused too much ache
Why did it turn out a mistake
This shouldn't have been the end
I wished to be your friend

You coldly told me no
And I was forced to know
That love isn't all that
Like a blunt strike with a bat

Now I've grown beyond it
At times it's still a hit
But now you're a bit smarter too
Because now you know love isn't what it's told

At times it's precious as Gold
And then cheap as Iron
But once every million
It's just the right gem

And you could tell them
Just how right it is

Also do you know any good free sites for us to post our stories and poems in?

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:50:19

wow, you truly are a very talented poet *envies you*. I'd be glad to let you in but first you gotta fill out the template form. Well so far i havent found any good places to post your storys and poems but i do have a bunch of flash makers who would prolly be very happy to adopt your poem.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 06:57:17

At 7/6/07 06:50 AM, gunground wrote: wow, you truly are a very talented poet *envies you*. I'd be glad to let you in but first you gotta fill out the template form. Well so far i havent found any good places to post your storys and poems but i do have a bunch of flash makers who would prolly be very happy to adopt your poem.

I did fill it out, it's in my last post but strangely enough in the quote color so if you notice the quote you'll see it's filled out. I'd love to post my projects here if this place lasts.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:02:48

o i c it now. Sry for the misunderstanding. Anyways your the most talented poet ive ever seen (no im not flattering you...you really are XD). I might even take lessons from you :)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:15:31

At 7/6/07 07:02 AM, gunground wrote: o i c it now. Sry for the misunderstanding. Anyways your the most talented poet ive ever seen (no im not flattering you...you really are XD). I might even take lessons from you :)

I have lots more poems, but the best to learn how to write as far as I'm concerned, is to fall in love... But I have a special treat for you, one of my best short stories, "Paschendale" in this site.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:16:36

since we are talking about Tolkein amd Rowling, whos better and all, i figured i would write something about Harry Potter and lotr. K.... here i go:

It was ten years after the end of the end of Harry Potter, the Half-Blood Prince. Our young sorcerer was now an adult, and a teacher Hogwart's school of magic. "This is amazing!" Harry though as he watched a Lord of the Rings parody on Newgrounds.com. He looked down to the bottom-right of his monitor. 3:31 A.M. the magical clock read. "Jeepers!" said Harry as he realized how late it was. "I only have an hour to finish the lesson plan for tomorrow!",So he busily got to work. He was supposed to teach the students about the mysterious red book, and the infamous black books, the most evil books in all the world. How evil you might ask? Well I can't even tell you! Thats how evil! Now pipe down so i can continue with the story! Well, as hard as Harry worked, he eventually got very tired and fell asleep on the job...

He naturally drempt about Froto Baggens and the shire, because that's what he had been watching last night. He also had fantasies about the evil red and black books. While Harry was having a wonderful time in his little dreamland, it was 9:00 A.M. all of Hairy's students watched him talk in his sleep, hunched in front of a computer, a writing quill, and a piece of parchment. Of course, the children bored of this after a while, and bored children with magic powers can cause a truckload of trouble. "I have a great idea!", one of the more mischievous students said, "Lets look through Mr. Potter's magic books to find a fun spell to cast!", so they did.

After only a few minutes of searching, the students found what they were looking for; How to Make Dreams Come to Life. If you have been paying attention so far, you will know that this could not possibly lead to something good. Lord of the Rings + evil books + meddling kids - supervision = LYK3, T0T4LLY /\/0T G0O|)!!!!!!1!1!!!!! I could spell it out with more random Myspace typing styles, but i think you get the point, but in case you don't, the translates to "That is less than satisfying." Back to the story.... The students slowly chanted the magic words and waved their wands at Harry...

ONE HOUR LATER

Harry awoke to a horrifying sight! Every single one of his student was tied and gagged on the ground. Next to them stood Froto, Sam, Gandolf, and Saromen (if that's how you spell it).suddenly out of no-where came Hermieny, Voldemort, and Ron's red headed batshit crazy mom. (Ron didn't show up though) "OMG! Voldemort!", Harry yelled. "We must not fight each other now, for we have a greater foe to face!" Voldemort responded. So, it was Harry Potter V Lord of the Rings. The two sides charged at eachother! But then the two white wizard whipped out the red and black books and flung them at our protagonists!!!

Harry caught the books with a mighty amount of luck! He was about to cast a fire spell on the evil things when he realized, he didn't want destroy the books, he wanted to keep them! But then Ron's mom hit Harry on the back of the head with a frying pan. She took the books and married Gandolf (the coolest character in lotr) and they slayed everyone else in the room and lived happily ever after!

TEH EDN

i would write more but i think im out of time....

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:21:49

lol a parody story. It was random and funny at the same time.

i Got good news and bad news....

The good news is you won by default

The bad news is that the other competitor has been banned for participating in a spam thread (lol only 30 minutes in this clan and already!) so that means he's not gonna be in for a while. Im not sure how long hes banned but i guess about 2 weeks.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:27:29

At 7/6/07 07:21 AM, gunground wrote: lol a parody story. It was random and funny at the same time.

XD thanks!

i Got good news and bad news....

uh oh...

The good news is you won by default

(: YEAH!!!

The bad news is that the other competitor has been banned for participating in a spam thread (lol only 30 minutes in this clan and already!) so that means he's not gonna be in for a while. Im not sure how long hes banned but i guess about 2 weeks.

wow thats a pretty harsh punishment, the most ive been banned for a spam thread is one day...

well thanks again!

im totally in the red group! im gonna get all the ladiez!!! ....

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:31:46

well dont forget everyone theres 4 groups, green group *automatically everyones in there* yellow group is for those who have written a flash story and red group is for those who win contests and have written a real life story. The 2 black books group is the most exclusive of exclusive. To join it you need to awe me with your storytelling skills and your writing acomplishments. Every once in a while ill have a contest to send the winner to the group but all contest winnings are temporary so remember that (you stay in the black book group for 2 weeks and if your really good at it you can stay)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:33:02

At 7/6/07 07:21 AM, gunground wrote: The good news is you won by default

Was there a competition I wasn't aware of? Oh well. I may be in the next one. in the mean time check out the story link I posted earlier. I'm working on a new story right now so I don't know if I'll be in other contests, but if there will be, I'd like to know.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:35:30

not til tommorow at least. right now im gonna play some rpg's for a while. Dont wry ill alert everyone when the next storys coming up (and this time ill give everyone 2 hours)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:36:52

At 7/6/07 07:33 AM, Phantom wrote: Was there a competition I wasn't aware of?

dont worry about that. im pretty sure that one was just me and Searp3nt, my sympathy goes out to him by the way, its pretty easy to post in those spam threads by accident...

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:37:50

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:38:57

At 7/6/07 07:37 AM, Yaga-Muffin wrote: Sorry Guys

this is different.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 07:43:53

Well I have plenty more stories and poems but I'll actually do something new, a preview of my brand new, still in work, story. It's about an Anti Hero he has to survive and create justice in his home town when the law just isn't working on his side, thing of...The Punished and Batman as one. However the plot will be original, that combination of attributes will only represent how the character will feel like.

Blood & Thunder

“By Daniel "Phantom" Shirer”

A downpour of rain in the dark night skies of the city of New York. The city of crime revived with the screams of the innocent and the laughter of the wicked. The police's Chief, Joseph J. Esposito tries his best to apprehend all those criminals but he fails to stop the great city's crime streak. One dark hero decides to take the task into his own hands. Will a single man ever be able to cleans and entire city? Probably not, but that never stopped him from trying.

"I'm not Bruce Wayne, I don't have a fancy mansion, I don't have a family fortune and no, I don't have a bat-mobile, but I know one thing we are alike in, we both do what's right. We both feel we had to take justice into our own hands because the law's long arm comes in too short. My name is...my name is of no importance to you, however you may call me, Phantom."

Preview End. Hope you like it, for more of my work, PM me.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 08:50:14

At 7/6/07 07:37 AM, Yaga-Muffin wrote: Sorry Guys

This is whole new thing. Sure its still about writing but this is an area where we train and have contests between writers. This itself is not a guild, Think of it as a training center for beginnin writers and a area where advanced righters can enhance thier skills

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 10:14:14

How many years have you been writing: 3 or 4
How many flash story's you have written: Flash stories?
How many real life story's you have written: I have one full-length novel in progress right now

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-06 10:25:05

At 7/6/07 08:50 AM, gunground wrote: This itself is not a guild, Think of it as a training center for beginnin writers and a area where advanced righters can enhance thier skills

The writer's guild isn't really a guild either, the founder just chose that name 'cause it sounded good. Hell, we've never even had a members list as such.

Now, as for writers improving etc, I'm afraid that is what the Guild was created for....well it was actually created for flash scripts, but it evoved into a general 'lets improve' place.

At the moment I can see no difference between this place and the Guild. If you can explain where there is a difference then do so, otherwise this place may end up getting locked by a mod for being a duplicate club.