00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Call To Arms (bbs Story)

38,587 Views | 533 Replies

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 00:55:43

Wow, everyone is getting captured! I wonder how the next group will survive?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 20:00:13

Chapter 21C: Feline Dabacle
Part 1 of 3

My squad and I had been traveling for 20 minutes since we left Sard's squad. It wasnt a big surprise considering that we had to walk the whole length of the south side of the city to reach our destination.

Before we had left, OC mentioned that our maps had been specially marked and that the way into the KK mansion wasn't very traditional.

"It says were supposed to look for a broken down part of the wall in the middle of the tunnel somewhere." Said McJesus. "It looks like we should be coming up to it soon."

"Maybe we should start feeling along the wall until one of us notices a change." Suggested Crue.

"Yeah lets try that." I said

We all placed our gloved hands on the slimy walls, and traced them along, looking for any sign of weakness in the stones. The whole thing proved to be pointless however, as after a few more minutes of walking we came upon a small hole in the wall which was obviously where we were to enter. Ducking down, each of us squeezed into the passage which immediately got bigger once we entered. The tunnel we had entered had an alternating tiled pattern floor, along with torch holders on the walls. It was obvious that this tunnel was built artificially, and not long ago. As we continued into the tunnel, it sloped upward and soon a short set of stone steps appeared with a door at the top.

We climbed the steps and all stopped at the top. Joodah took the lead, and carefully opened the door to reveal a stone wall behind it. The disappointment from us could be heard as we all groaned.

"Oh come on! We come all this way for a dead end?" Said Shoe.

"That would be our luck said Reaper with a gloomy tone. But we can't turn back. We've come too far."

"I could blow it up." Suggested D-Lucks. "I have enough charges to take this wall out easily."

"Yeah, but if you do, then the whole mansion will hear it and then our chances of getting BigFuzzyKitten is next to none." I said.

"Well sorry, but that's all I can think of."

"Goddamn it!" Shoe suddenly said as he punched the top of the wall out of frustration, but instead of his fist hitting the wall solidly, the stone he hit moved and fell back into the room behind it.

"What the hell?" Said Shoe as he pulled his hand back.

We all inspected the wall closer and it was found that most of the stones were just placed on top of each other with no binding between them.

"Maybe they use this passage as some sort of emergency escape route." Said Joodah.

"That would be my guess too." Said Crue "This fake wall must be to hide the entrance to this passage."

We all began removing the bricks until we had created a big enough passage to go through. The room behind the bricks was about the size of a small office and only contained a few file cabinets and a desk. There was also a large circulation of air in the room as seen by two air vents. One of the vents was pushing in air, except the air had a pleasant smell to it, almost as if it was pumping a light dose of air freshener into the room. The other vent was positioned by the fake wall and was sucking air in, meaning any of the smell from the sewer was immediately sucked in. It was an effective method for hiding the smell of the sewers and alerting anyone to its presence.

"That's a clever trick." Said Shoe as he pointed out the whole setup out to us. "If you disguise the wall well enough, almost nobody will know that it's there."

"Right, we should get going guys. Is everyone ready?" I asked

"Yeah we're all good. Lets go kill us some cats replied Reaper.

"Too bad we dont have any baseball bats." Joodah said jokingly.

Slowly I opened the door and walked out. I emerged into a large space with work cubicles covering the majority of it. From the outside, it just looked like a business office. The lights were turned off, and the only light was from the one side of the room which was made up of all windows, letting the star and moonlight come in. We all moved out of the small room and slowly made our way to the other side. We used the cubicles as cover and we constantly peeked around corners to make sure it was safe. I knew that there was a good chance that nobody was even in the room, but I didnt want to take any chances. There was a lot of places for the enemy to hide in here.

We eventually made it through the office with no trouble and reached the end where the door was. With three guns covering the door, I opened it and proceeded through. The room I walked into was very unique. The walls were white, and the entire ceiling consisted of lights built in to it. The room itself was almost as large as the office space we had just been in, and there were a few other doors on the wall. We all walked in cautiously, our guns trained at the other doors. Everyone else proceeded into the room, and as soon as D-Lucks, who was the last one, stepped through the door, it slammed shut by itself. D-Lucks and McJesus ran back to try to get the door open, but it was locked shut.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 20:02:03

Chapter 21C: Feline Debacle
Part 2 of 3

"We can't get it open!" Said McJesus

"We should try another door." Said Shoe. as he started walking towards the closest one to him. He stopped short though as a door on the far side of the room opened and in walked a familiar figure. He was wearing a white shirt and a red vest over it, a pair of jeans, and a hat with the KK logo on it. He had a smirk on his face he walked closer to the middle of the room.

"Welcome. I wasn't expecting to have guests, especially ones from the likes of Newgrounds"

We all cocked our guns and trained them at him.

"You're BigFuzzyKitten right?" I asked. He nodded with an even bigger smile on his face. "You're coming with us. We need to have a little talk with you."

"Oh I'm not going anywhere. And what kind of host would I be to not entertain my guests? Actually, you know what would be really entertaining and fun to see? Lets see how well you all can survive without those guns of yours!" He pulled out a small remote and pushed a button on it.

I heard a buzzing noise in the air, and suddenly my gun started pulling itself upwards. I tried to keep ahold of it, but I couldnt keep my grip as the gun ripped out of my hands and flew to the ceiling where it stuck, along with everyone elses gun. We all looked back at BFK stunned.

"Oh it isnt over yet. Keep looking up." He said.

We did and we saw that the portion of the ceiling where our guns were, was opening up, and the weapons were slowly being dragged towards the hole. Eventually they reached the edge and were jettisoned upward into the ceiling chamber. When this happened, the panel closed. BFK pressed the button again and the buzzing noise stopped.

"Super magnets are fun wouldnt you say? Not just fun but useful too if you ask me." He said putting the remote back in his pocket.

"Doesn't matter. We dont need guns to subdue you enough to come with us!" Said Crue.

"Heh, you're free to subdue me all you want. That is, if you can get to me." All the doors suddenly opened and six crew soldiers in yellow cat outfits ran into the room. Besides the ridiculous costumes, they also sported gloves with sharp metal claws on the end of the fingertips. One of the crew members ran up to BFK and gave him a pair, and he immediately put them on and secured them tightly.

"7 on 7 is fair wouldn't you say? But I did have to give us some home field advantage with the claws. Oh well, I'm sure you boys will be able to manage. Shall we begin?"

He didn't wait for us to answer as he and the rest of the KK members charged at us, the metal claws glinting in the light. One of the normal soldiers had charged me and he started rapidly lunging, slashing, and hacking at me. I was constantly moving, and dodging to get out of the way, but doing so was proving to be a tiresome task. Whoever this kid was, he had a ton of endurance and stamina, as he was showing no signs of slowing down his attack.

Everyone else was having similar problems. Joodah and Crue were slowly being backed into a corner, while Shoe and McJesus were in the middle of the room rolling and dodging in random directions. D-Lucks was getting backed into another corner by himself but a lot more quickly than Joodah and Crue. He quickly felt the wall behind him and saw the crew member bearing down on him. He watched as the crew member raise his clawed hand as it was ready to strike and he closed his eyes.

"Get away from him bitch!" Came a voice. Reaper ran up to crew member and kicked him in the side just as he started bringing his hand down. The crew member stumbled back but recovered quickly. Now it was Reaper and D-Lucks who were on the offensive as they kept up a barrage of punches and kicks on the crew member. The assault proved too much for him as he took a few blows to the stomach and finally a hard hit from D-Lucks to the face. He crumpled down and lay on the ground stunned.

"Good job guys!" Yelled McJesus with an excited expression. His excitement soon turned to a grimace though, as his inability to pay full attention to his opponent had left him open, and the crew member slashed him in the shoulder. McJesus held his hand over the wound as he stumbled back and tried to deal with the pain. The crew member looked on with an evil smile as he started moving in for another hit. Meanwhile, very closeby Shoe was having an easier time. His opponent seemed to be growing tired and was striking slower and less often. Shoe had also noticed that the crew member was striking in a pattern. It took a minute, but Shoe was pretty sure he could predict what was coming at him. It was at this moment that he noticed out of the corner of his eye that McJesus was in trouble. He maneuvered himself going towards his squad mate all the while keeping in mind the predicted moves. When he was close enough, he was ready for the plan. The crew member lunged his arm straight out trying to rake Shoe's face, but this time, Shoe ducked and grabbed his arm. Using the crew members own forward momentum, Shoe took his opponents arm and threw the clawed hand at the crew member who was attacking McJesus with a powerful shove. The result was the one crew member raking the face of the other with his claw as he ran past.

While the one crew member was on the ground nursing his face, the other was still recovering from the powerful shove. Shoe took advantage and ran up behind him. He proceeded to pummel his body with punches until the soldier was slumped on the ground, unconscious. Meanwhile, McJesus took advantage of the other crew member being hurt and kicked him in the face, right in the wound. Needless to say, he wasnt going to get up for awhile.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 20:03:38

Chapter 21C: Feline Debacle
Part 3 of 3

While all of this was happening, BFK had been standing off to the side, watching the fight with a smile on his face. It didn't even seem to faze him when one of the soldiers was taken out, and his expression never changed.

Meanwhile, Reaper and D-Lucks had rushed over to Crue and Joodah to help them. The crew members over there were so distracted that they didnt notice them running up from behind. They both hit the crew members with a large collision sending the cats to the ground. They didn't have time to get up as Crue and Joodah took advantage and kicked the soliders in the face a few times before they were knocked out.

Meanwhile, I was still battling my opponent, although I hadnt done too much on the offensive end at this point. We were both very tired, and he was having a harder time getting off his strikes quick enough to land any blows. He was also leaving himself open more often and I was waiting for a good moment to hit back. He made a lunge at me, and I sidestepped it. As I did, I quickly punched him in the side of the stomach, and then his face. He was doubled over from the punch to the stomach, and right there, I put my hands together, raised them and brought down a double axe handle blow on top of his head. He landed on the ground face first, and didn't get up.

We all gathered around BFK, panting from exhaustion. BFK looked around at the less than favorable odds, and was still smiling.

"Well I have to say congratulations for beating my guards. But now, you're going to have to do it all over again!"

The doors on all sides of the room opened, but no guards rushed in. BFK looked around in confusion at first until he looked behind him. Standing in the doorway was a figure in a black sneak suit and a gas mask. The figure walked up to BFK slowly. As it did, BFK turned to address the newcomer.

"What are you doing here? Where are my guards?"

"Your guards are no longer here." Came the robotic reply. "They were all transferred to Sevenstar's mansion."

"But, why would you do that? I need them here to fight these Newgrounders! You expect us to take them all on?!"

"No. There will be no more fighting here tonight between you and them."

"Like hell there won't be!" Yelled BFK "Why would you do such a stupid thing you fucking cunt?!"

The figure quickly grabbed BFK by the collar of his shirt and lifted him into the air. BFK struggled at first, and then used his clawed glove to scratch at the figures arm. A long scratch mark with blood seeping through it could be seen on the figure, but it seemed unaffected. In response to this action, the figure turned around to gain momentum and hurled BFK at the wall. He hit it with a sickening thud and fell to the ground. As he did, the magnet remote fell out of his pocket. The figure saw this, and picked it up as it walked to BFKs body.

"Part of your security system I presume." Said the figure. "I wonder what would happen if I pushed this button."

"NO!!!! Dont push the button!!!" BFK yelled, but it was too late. The figure pressed the button and BFKs body, along with the other knocked out crew members, flew up to the ceiling, forty five feet above the ground, the metal claws on their gloves being attracted to the magnet. BFK immediately was scared out of his mind as he started screaming.

"Get me down! Help! Get me down!"

"You want down you scaredy cat?" Asked the figure

"Yes!"

"If you say so." Said the figure as it pushed the button again. BFK could do nothing as his body freefell to earth. A few seconds passed before he hit the ground with another large thud, except this time he would never get up again. The same went for the guards.

We had been silent throughout the entire course of events, but the large fall was too much for some of us to go quietly.

"Holy fuck!" Yelled Crue.

"Hey! Who are you?!" Yelled Shoe

The figure looked at us. "Ahh, I almost forgot about you all. And as for who I am, you'll find out soon enough."

The figure had grabbed something out of its belt. From what we saw, it looked like a small grey sphere. The figure took it in its hand, pushed a button on the sphere and threw it at us. We could do almost nothing to get away as the sphere landed right among us. The only way to describe the next sensation we all felt was pain. My body felt like it was on fire, and worst of all, I couldnt seem to move any of my limbs.

"What the hell is this?!" I heard Reaper yell, but nobody could answer. The pain was becoming too much for me and before I knew it, I had lost consciousness.

The figure watched as the electric stun ball had done its job perfectly. The balls effect only lasted for 15 seconds, but it was always enough to knock out anyone in its field of energy.

The figure reached for the cell phone in its pocket and pulled it out. It dialed the number to Sevenstar and like always, Sevenstar answered within the first two rings.

"So any good news?" Was the first thing Sevenstar said

"I have another seven Newgrounders here. They'll be transported to your place immediately."

"Good, and what about BigFuzzyKitten?"

"Dead. The Newgrounders got to him first."

"Alright. Come back as soon as you can and we can deal with them. Ahhh it seems another squad of those Newgrounders have just come in through my basement. Excuse me, but I have to go and welcome them properly."

With that, the line clicked and the figure walked out of the room, leaving the stunned bodies of me and my squad behind.

----------------
Normally I would've posted two parts, but I think it spaces out better in three.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 20:22:37

Nice work. I had a lot to read since I've been gone for a week.

Keep it up.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 20:22:57

That was so epic. So I'm guessing the next chapter will reveal our mystery villian?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 20:45:21

At 7/23/07 08:22 PM, Reaperyami wrote: That was so epic. So I'm guessing the next chapter will reveal our mystery villian?

I hope so D:

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-23 21:05:35

it's getting better and better, shaping up for a quite epic climax

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-24 02:35:28

At 7/23/07 08:22 PM, Reaperyami wrote: That was so epic. So I'm guessing the next chapter will reveal our mystery villian?

If I could tell you guys, I would, but then that whole part of the story would be ruined obviously. Let me just say that you will find out soon, so hold tight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-24 02:41:24

At 7/24/07 02:37 AM, MrFinland wrote: Really good, and it was a long one too, and the ending was good. I just wonder, I may have miised something but what happened to my character.

The prisoners were sent back to the NG world with the ship. When everyone first got off the ship outside the city, the prisoners stayed on board. Maybe I didnt clarify that, or maybe you accidentally skipped that part. Anyways, problem solved.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-24 22:59:23

I like how the masked person keeps killing the crew leaders, but blaming the deaths on the squads.

Do I detect hidden motives?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-24 23:01:15

At 7/24/07 10:59 PM, KerfuffleMach2 wrote: I like how the masked person keeps killing the crew leaders, but blaming the deaths on the squads.

Do I detect hidden motives?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe >_>

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-24 23:03:21

I've noticed some fun things about my character.

I just seem to know everything. I mean, I hope you don't take me for a genius :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-24 23:16:57

At 7/24/07 11:03 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: I've noticed some fun things about my character.

I just seem to know everything. I mean, I hope you don't take me for a genius :)

Trust me Shoe, we don't.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-25 05:42:12

At 7/24/07 11:21 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Haha, that was one epic chapter. Good to see we all got to kick some arse in that one. Nice job.

Also, I reckon the masked man's one of the mods gone AWOL. Just an inkling.

Isnt that sort of what happend in Aci6's story?

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-25 06:12:51

At 7/24/07 11:16 PM, KerfuffleMach2 wrote:
At 7/24/07 11:03 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: I've noticed some fun things about my character.

Trust me Shoe, we don't.

Ouch

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-25 08:19:22

At 7/25/07 07:05 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote:
At 7/25/07 05:42 AM, iateamexican wrote:
At 7/24/07 11:21 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Haha, that was one epic chapter. Good to see we all got to kick some arse in that one. Nice job.

Also, I reckon the masked man's one of the mods gone AWOL. Just an inkling.
Isnt that sort of what happend in Aci6's story?
No idea, didn't really read it.

Same here. If there is some kind of similarity that seems dangerously close to another stories plot, its a coincidence.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-25 10:13:47

Woo. Action. Alright.

Waits patiently for next chapter.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-25 16:43:22

At 7/25/07 06:12 AM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 7/24/07 11:16 PM, KerfuffleMach2 wrote:

Trust me Shoe, we don't.
Ouch

But we still love you. In a non homosexual way. Mostly.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 08:19:55

At 7/25/07 04:43 PM, KerfuffleMach2 wrote:
At 7/25/07 06:12 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: Ouch
But we still love you. In a flamboyantly homosexual way. Mostly.

Fixed.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 15:11:42

Chapter 21D: Sevenstar's Funhouse
Part 1 of 3

Heartbreak's squad emerged from the manhole into the basement of Sevenstars mansion. The room was completely dark as there were no windows to let any light in, and the place had a horrible smell. Everyone grabbed for their flashlights in their belts so as to get a better look at thier surroundings. Heartbreak found his and turned it on, making the light shine in front of him. The first sight that greeted him was the body of a bloody corpse hanging by his arms.

"Holy shit!" Heartbreak yelled as he jumped back. As he landed, he bumped into something behind him. He turned around and shined his light only to have it show another dead corpse. "Fuck!" he yelled as he jumped back again.

The other squad members were also a bit unnerved by the inhabitants of the room as they started shining their lights around as well.

"Hey I found the light." said Skitzoap and he flipped the switch. The lights flickered at first but eventually they came on to illuminate the room. The sight that greeted the squad caused most of them to cringe. They had climbed into what looked like a torture chamber. Bodies hanging by their wrists lined the wall, some of them with their stomachs or faces gouged out. In the middle of the room was a metal cart that had an assortment of dangerous looking tools on it, some of which looked like they were made for the sole reason of torturing others. And of course there was the sight and smell of dry blood everywhere.

"What kind of sick freak is this guy?" Remarked Jemry as he looked at a body of someone who had had their arms completely severed off.

"Who cares, I just want to get out of here. This smell is making me sick." Said HYBFF.

Everyone headed for the door, but Heartbreak stopped them right before it. "Do you guys hear that?"

"Hear what?" Asked Redcoin.

"I dont know, but I swear I can hear carnival music."

Everyone stayed quiet and strained their ears for a second.

"Yeah I can hear it too." Said Skitzoap "It's faint but I can definitely hear it."

"Can we just get out of here?" Said HYBFF

"Ok, just be careful. You dont want to end up like one of these guys." Said Heartbreak.

Heartbreak opened the door and peeked inside. It was just another room with absolutely no furnishings or items in it whatsoever. The squad moved in and slowly made their way to the staircase on the other side, and as they got closer the carnival music was got louder. As the squad reached the door, the music was blaring through it. Whatever the source of the music was, it was right on the other side.

They carefully opened the door and looked inside. It was quite an interesting sight. The room looked like it was occupied by a large carnival funhouse. The front was painted with images of clowns and above the entrance was a sign. Enter if you dare.

"How cheesy." said NobGoblin "You would think that he could come up with a more original saying than that."

The carnival music suddenly cut off, and a voice replaced it over a PA system.

"Glad to see that you decided to visit me. But let me introduce myself. I am Sevenstar, and as you probably know I'm the head of the army of this world. Now I know that you're here to probably capture or kill me, and I'm here to say that I will give up. I'm all yours, that is, if you can meet the requirements. You see, I am currently unable to get to you from my current location, so youre going to have to come get me. And unfortunately for you, the only way to get to me is through the funhouse. There are no other ways around it and the funhouse itself is fortified with heavy armor so dont think to try and blast your way through the walls. And also, youre going to be in for a few surprises once youre in there but don't worry. Im sure that you'll find all of the jokes in there to be in good jest. Well you better get going, times a-wasting."

With that, Sevenstar got off the PA, and the carnival music resumed playing.

"Its gotta be a trap." Remarked No-One Speical

"Well no shit. But how else do we get to him? There aren't any paths to go through besides the funhouse." Replied Heartbreak.

"Plus he knows that we're here. He has got to have something ready for us. And I didn't like his tone when he said 'surprises in the funhouse.' I bet that thing is booby trapped to all hell." Said Redcoin

"Well it's risky, but I still think we should try to get through it." said Jemry.

"Risky? Morelike probable suicide." said HYBFF "How are we supposed to know what's in there?"

"We're just going to have to find out." said Heartbreak. "There's nothing else we can do so lets go."

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 15:13:14

Part 2 of 3

He started walking in, and reluctantly, everyone followed him. The first room they walked into was a disfigured mirror room. The room was set up in a circular pattern with a large cylinder support in the center and all the mirrors lining the walls.

"Pfft. Doesnt look like theres anything wrong with this room" said NobGoblin "Besides, how could looking silly in a mirror hurt us?" Jemry and Skitzoap were walking around the other side together. They were being cautious, and observing every part of the room. At the moment, they were looking at the ceiling when Jemry stepped on a pressure plate on the floor, which made a distinct noise as it sank into the ground. Skitzoap quickly looked down, saw what Jemry had done, grabbed Jemry's shirt and pulled him back just as a row of spikes sprang out of the middle column.

"Holy shit!" Yelled Jemry as the spikes just missed his body by a few inches.

"Goddamn, why am I always saving you?" Said Skitzoap. They waited, and the spikes eventually retracted back into the column, and they were now uninhibited to continue around the circle. They were very careful about paying attention to where they stepped, but fortunately the squad was able to get to the door without stepping on another pressure plate.

For the next room they walked into, it was obvious what they had to do. They had walked out in front of a large hedge maze and by the look of it, it wasnt designed to be friendly. From the outset, thorns could be seen growing all over the hedges, partly for effect, and partly to prevent people from going in and out of the hedges as they pleased. The first thing they saw was a sign that pointed to the two directions they could initially take. One direction had a picture of a flame on it, while the other had a picture of a dart with a skull and crossbones on it.

Pick your poison. was a message that hung above those pictures on the sign.

"Again, cheesy." said NobGoblin.

"Well should we split up?" Asked No-One Special

"I really dont think so. If we do that, there's less of a chance that the other group will be able to the help the others if anyone gets into trouble." Said Heartbreak

"So which path do we choose?" Asked Redcoin.

"Well if it's between fire and poisoned darts I think ill take fire." Said HYBFF. "Id rather get burned than die slowly."

"Yeah, because getting burned to death is so much better than being poisoned." Said Skitzoap sarcastically.

"Well if we can get past the jokes guys, I also think that we should go down the fire trail." Said Hearbreak.

With no arguments, the squad filed in line to enter the very narrow path. Heartbreak, No-One Special, NobGoblin and HYBFF had walked through the gate when suddenly, a giant steel wall sprang up in front of the entrance, separating the squad.

"You guys all right?" Yelled Heartbreak.

"Yeah, were fine, but it looks like he wants us to split up." Skitzoap yelled back.

"Just go through the other path, and meet us on the other side. Be careful."

"Yeah, we will." came the reply. The squad of four walked deeper down the path, looking for any sign of a fire trap. They also were trying to keep track of where they were in the maze.

"Still haven't seen anything yet. I wonder where these traps are." Said NobGoblin.

"Don't know, but don't let your guard down. It's probably what he wants us to do right before he sets them off." Said Hearbreak

No sooner had he finished the sentence when a wall of flame sprang up right in front of the squad. It stayed burning for a few seconds before disappearing as quickly as it showed up.

"Well now we know where to expect the flames to come from." Said HYBFF.

Again he spoke too soon as a jet of flame sprang out from the side of the hedge row behind them. As the squad looked back they noticed that the entire path behind them was spurting out flames from all different directions.

"Guys, I think we should get out of here." Said No-One Special

"I couldn't agree with you more." Heartbreak replied. " Lets keep moving."

Meanwhile, Skitzoap, Redcoin and Jemry were having problems of their own. They were staring down a path, that looked like it would get them closer to the exit, but the path was bustling with activity. The poisoned darts were quickly flying between the hedges and were showing no signs of stopping.

"We can't get through, so lets just turn back and find another way." Said Jemry.

"I agree. We're better off trying for another path." Chimed in Redcoin

Skitzoap looked longingly back at the path, but after a few seconds nodded his head in agreement. They all started walking away, and as they did, the darts behind them stopped flying. Skitzoap looked back and noticed what had happened.

"Hey wait up." He said as he turned back. As soon as he had taken a few steps the darts started up again. "I think there's a motion sensor somewhere around here. Whenever I get close, the darts start going, but whenever I step back," he said as he stepped back and the darts stopped moving. "The darts stop."

"So you think if we find the motion sensor and get rid of it, then we can get through?" Asked Redcoin

"Yeah, but where is it?"

"Maybe its in the hedges, only I wouldnt reach my hand in there. Those thorns will tear it up if you do." Said Jemry.

Skitzoap looked at the hedge to his left, looking for any sign of a device inside. Redcoin looked on the other side, but was not having any luck. Meanwhile, Jemry had taken out a cigarette and a lighter from his pocket and was attempting to light it up for a smoke.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 15:14:47

Part 3 of 3

"Where did you get those?" Asked Redcoin.

"Smuggled them in from the base. I've been smoking when nobody else was around, but in this case, I dont think you guys will mind." He said as he successfully lit the cigarette. He took a few pleasure filled puffs before letting the smoke drift out of his lungs. Skitzoap was having no luck, and turned back to look at Jemry, only to see something shocking. The smoke that Jemry had blown out had revealed a web of red beams extending all across the path. Currently, he and Redcoin were right in the middle of the beams.

"What the hell?" Said Jemry as he noticed the beams as well. "Where did these come from?"

"It's from the smoke. You just pulled some Metal Gear Solid shit right there." Said Skitzoap. Everyone stepped away from the beams causing the darts to stop moving.

"Keep smoking." Said Redcoin as the web of beams became more and more clear.

"Funny. At home all I heard was stop smoking." said Jemry before he took another few puffs. Before long he had revealed the entire grid and it appeared that there was a space at the bottom where they could climb under to get past the grid.

"I'll go first." said Skitzoap, who got on his belly and started army crawling under the beams. He crossed the line except this time the darts didnt start up meaning that he had successfully gotten through. He walked to the end of the narrow path and waved for the other two to come through. Redcoin and Jemry followed his lead and before long they were all on the other side. "Looks like we should take a left at that intersection. Keep smoking Jemry, there might be more laser beams." And with that, the three continued on down the path.

Meanwhile Heartbreak's group found themselves running for their lives down a narrow path of their own. NobGoblin had stepped on a trigger and a wall of flames had been spouting up on the path behind them ever since then. No matter where the group went, the wall always seemed to follow as if it was tracking them.

"Turn right!" Yelled Heartbreak

They dashed down a path to the right only to see a wall of flames ahead of them that was moving closer. Meanwhile the wall of flames that had been following them had reached the intersection and was closing in. They would eventually be trapped in between the two walls.

"Keep going! Maybe theres a side path." Said Heartbreak, leading his men towards the flame wall in front of them. They ran up looking for anything, when Heartbreak did indeed see a path to the left. However the wall in front of them was close to it and would soon pass it by.

"Hurry!" He said as he dashed down the path at full speed. The others followed, knowing that if they slowed down for a second they wouldnt make it. They could feel the heat from the flame wall now as they got closer, and it only intensified as they ran. They were nearly there now, and with renewed strength, Heartbreak legged his way to the path and dove in. He was quickly followed by everyone else, although HYBFF had narrowly missed being burned and the bottom of his foot was smoking as the flames almost touched it as he dived in.

They got up and looked forward. They were greeted with the sight of a sign that said Exit, above a gate only yards away. They all hurried through the gate and collapsed on the ground outside, panting for breath. Only a few seconds later, Jemry, Redcoin, and Skitzoap ran out of the other path gasping for breath as well.

"He almost got us there." Said Redcoin as he put his hands to his knees and drew in valuable gulps of air.

Jemry threw the cigarette to the ground and stomped it out. "I think I'll quit now. My lungs were burning that whole time. Its not good for you anyways."

None of them seemed to notice their four squad mates only a few yards away until Heartbreak broke the silence with a loud deliberate throat clearing.

"Glad to see you guys are alright." He said.

"Damn! Didn't notice you guys there." Said Skitzoap who walked up with a smile.

"Well thanks." Said HYBFF sarcastically. "Also, I think we've reached SevenStar." He said as he pointed to a door on the back wall with a sign above it. SevenStars Office.

"Well shall we?" Asked Heartbreak as he walked up to the door.

He turned the handle and walked in, followed by everyone else.

It was a large office, complete with a desk, file cabinets, and various telecommunication devices. And on the left wall there was another door. But the most intereting thing, or person rather, was standing in front of the desk.

"Sevenstar!" Said Heartbreak as he pointed his gun at him.

"Well hello all. Glad to see you made it through my tricks and traps. She was right, you're not to be underestimated. But enough of the formalities, I'm sure youre here to take me away and do what you will with me."

"Damn right." said Redcoin. "Now turn around and put your hands on the desk!"

Sevenstar smiled and did as he was told. He slowly turned and gripped his hands on the desk. It appeared that he was completely harmless, but what the squad didn't see was the small button under the desk. Sevenstar held his thumb over the button for a second before pushing it. A large blue force field that split the room in two appeared, separating the squad from him.

"Fucking bastard!" Yelled No-One special who fired a few round of his gun into the wall, but the bullets didnt go through.

Sevenstar turned around made his way to the door on the side of the room.

"The wall will be gone in a few seconds. You can come get me when it's gone. He said as he walked through the door."

The door closed behind him and just like Sevenstar said, the wall disappeard. The squad ran up to the door and hurried to open it. Everyone ran into the room with their guns drawn and ready, but they walked into a confusing sight. The room they were in was large but split into two by a glass window. Sevenstar was on the other side of the glass, along with five crew soldiers who were manning machine gun turrets that were pointing through small holes in the glass all along the wall. The door behind the squad closed and all anyone of them could do was stare in confusion at what was happening.

Heartbreak knew though. He knew that it was over and that he had led them all into a trap.

The last thing any of them ever heard was Sevenstar shouting the command: "Fire!"

---------------
Ok. now that I'm done with that set of chapters, I can finally begin writing the bombshell information chapters. The masked figure will be revealed soon, and so will a few other secrets about the story. Stay tuned.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 16:27:29

God damn that was intense.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 21:42:08

At 7/26/07 03:14 PM, 36Holla wrote: "Well hello all. Glad to see you made it through my tricks and traps. She was right, you're not to be underestimated. But enough of the formalities, I'm sure youre here to take me away and do what you will with me."

Well, it looks like we've found out that the masked villian is a she.....

Awesome story Holla, I wish I'd found it earlier, I always seem to come in on these things once they're near the end.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 22:06:14

At 7/26/07 09:42 PM, Sainth wrote:
At 7/26/07 03:14 PM, 36Holla wrote: "Well hello all. Glad to see you made it through my tricks and traps. She was right, you're not to be underestimated. But enough of the formalities, I'm sure youre here to take me away and do what you will with me."
Well, it looks like we've found out that the masked villian is a she.....

Awesome story Holla, I wish I'd found it earlier, I always seem to come in on these things once they're near the end.

I was wondering how many people would notice that. Probably everyone did, but meh, you'll find out soon enough.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-26 23:22:10

At 7/26/07 09:42 PM, Sainth wrote: Well, it looks like we've found out that the masked villian is a she.....

it's probably missallanpoe, she can be pretty evil sometimes

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-27 04:42:26

aw no I was shot by a chick? with no sammich? 5/5 cool story.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-27 22:10:14

lol redcoin is dead.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-30 00:28:35

I bet the Assasain that is killing all of the leaders is probaably

Jade The Assasain . Something to do with Fndrir

Say hello to my Evil Monkey

BBS Signature