00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skarp-Mahoney just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,768 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-22 18:31:57

I'm worried I won't be able to make the " what if this happened" topic. What if there was no EMPEROR! Thats pure blasphemey that nonsence stops right there ( just wondering if...) ITS STOPS NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-23 16:39:37

10 people joined, yay. Can someone explain why there is so few in that forum?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-24 22:48:56

At 12/23/05 04:39 PM, Orcinator wrote: 10 people joined, yay. Can someone explain why there is so few in that forum?

Nobody really cares anymore. There's just no-one who gives a damn about the W40K universe and for that I smite them. It'l get bigger, trust me. Gotta give it some more time.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-25 12:26:22

New forum eh? I'll turn up in due course. Anyway...

['What are you waiting for?'
Greep looked up from the pit at Sgt. Hadkol. 'Have you seen what's down that hole? The thing's going mental. I'll not get my fething head stoved in just for your dinner!'
'It's the Colonel's Orbital feast. He'll be the one going mental if we don't hunt down something for the general staff. Says the next year's campaign relies on it, one pie per Terra month or some other feth.'
Frago threw over a knife.
'And use this Trooper, we want it slow-roasted later, not quick-fried by your las gun!'
Greep looked at the Bayonet.
'Listen to that thing! I don't know what's down that cavern, but listen to those noises. It's probably 12 foot tall and built like an Ork.'
Hadkol booted Greep down the hole.

When he awoke, Greep couldn't see for darkness, yet around him he heard the sounds of the creature, a guttaral noise unlike anything he had ever heard. He quickly fumbled for the knife.
'S, Stay back, or by the Emperor's soul i shall cut you down! '
Something scuttled to the left
Greep hurled the knife, but heard it clatter somewhere in the cavern.
The gobbling sounds were getting ever closer, and something was moving fast towards him.
Greep panicked, his weapon was gone!
His last resort, he reached down for the frag grenades on his belt...

'Excellent work Sergeant!'
'Thankyou Colonel' Hadkol replied, somewhat nervously.
'Yes, a fine catch indeed. Somewhat dry i found, but tasty enough. Suprising such little meat came from a creature that was capable of vaporising one of your troopers.'
Hadkol nodded, somewhat pale.
'I shall inform the men to keep watch for this volatile poultry in future.' The Colonel continued. 'The offal was exceptional though, and well worth the risk i'd venture. Like sweet pork, and so much of it! Chef minced it with spice and fruit, and served it in pies. A fitting tribute to the Emperor on this day of praise. Here, i had some saved for you and Corporal Frago, a thankyou from the general staff and myself'
Hadkol took the box of mincemeat pies, somewhat shakily.
'Th, thankyou Sir.'
'Oh, think nothing of it Sergeant. I only feel dissapointed Trooper Greep is not here to enjoy them too. Anyway, good evening Sergeant, seasons greetings and a glorious new year.'
The Colonel turned and strolled back to the communications bunker.
'And the same too you sir' Was all Hadkol could manage before he dropped the pies, retching, and staggered back to camp.]

Merry Christmas Forum members!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-25 22:14:58

Well if you people dont know what to post on the forum you could just post your army lists to show what kind of army you have or comment on others

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-26 11:30:24

Just be wary of not getting any replies for the said list as sadly, my expertise is not that great when it comes to "foreign" armies so to speak. I can handle myself well with most Imperial armies, just don't get me into xenos yet. I'll get into those once their new codex books have been released. I've posted a Mordheim list of my own and while I don't think it'll get much in the way of replies, it's nice to have something there.

I trust everybody is having a jolly or at the very least, warm christmas. For the politically correct, have a happy holliday.

Pleasantries aside, today I'll be adding the last links to respective sites and whatnots. Just keep the positive input coming guys, we need your input to get the forums into a better shape.

Also, I want someone with good skills in HTML, Notepad or PHP to jump into the fray and spank out a nice site that can be used as a front for the forums!

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-26 12:06:43

Dude ill join, i collect space marine, Tyranids and the imperial guqard.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-27 01:36:34

At 12/26/05 12:06 PM, Dumbass_Dude wrote: Dude ill join, i collect space marine, Tyranids and the imperial guqard.

Nice. welcome. anything else interseting about you or your armies?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-29 11:43:45

They should really put W40K on the new consoles ( for example the 360) because Dawn of War was amazing, Fire Warriors... not so grea tbut I can only imagine what a W40K game would look like on a next gen console. What a game that would make. Hope they do something lie that soon, if not then let me be the first.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-29 13:08:15

At 12/29/05 11:43 AM, Warhammer_40K wrote: They should really put W40K on the new consoles ( for example the 360) because Dawn of War was amazing, Fire Warriors... not so grea tbut I can only imagine what a W40K game would look like on a next gen console. What a game that would make. Hope they do something lie that soon, if not then let me be the first.

I hope too Im thining of something like a call of duty type squad based shooter.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-30 03:53:39

The next two gaming projects are fantasy based, so if anal about it, STOP READING NOW.

First off, Warhammer on-line is being revised under a new designer free from GW influence and budget. They hope to show a build at the next year's E3.

Second, a fantasy strategy game in the same lines as Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen, but with siege warfare and bonus features for captured lands, though best of all, NO resource management.

As for the forums, I'll instate custom ranks for all, so if you want a special rank, drop me a message there. One word of advice, I can take a joke, just don't push your luck as I'm itching to skullfuck the first assclown to cross the line. But ya'll have common sense, so I'll leave it at that.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-30 12:18:35

At 12/30/05 03:53 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote

Second, a fantasy strategy game in the same lines as Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen, but with siege warfare and bonus features for captured lands, though best of all, NO resource management.

Is that the one that made cover story of an old PC gamer?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-30 12:32:48

minothor how is that flash coming?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-30 19:56:51

At 12/29/05 01:08 PM, Orcinator wrote:

Something really close to that with Halo Combat, Quake online, call of duty controls, time splitters challenge, and ranking system according to kill ratio and saves in live combat. Oh Lt. Brookman I can't quite e-mail you due to problems sending the message for some error with my office account. Any other way I can E-mail this to you?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-01 13:27:47

At 12/30/05 12:32 PM, SHAITH_HEAD wrote: minothor how is that flash coming?

the sprite game? The sprite-maker and I rather dropped out of contact and I think its been put rather on a big backburner and left for a while. the engine coding hasn't been wasted though, a fair quantity has been recycled for use in the Lock Legion game . I'll probably get back to the 40k game at some point, I just need the Spritemaker back at work on the sprites.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-01 22:16:56

Will we get to page 100? The Bedn thread got there.
Also see page 99 and 103

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-02 02:39:19

At 1/1/06 01:27 PM, Minothor wrote: the sprite game? The sprite-maker and I rather dropped out of contact and I think its been put rather on a big backburner and left for a while. the engine coding hasn't been wasted though, a fair quantity has been recycled for use in the Lock Legion game . I'll probably get back to the 40k game at some point, I just need the Spritemaker back at work on the sprites.

would the sprite maker happen to be ch33ks? He's the one who made the ultramarines sprites requested by me for this crew, but there were others helping and i could get some in contact with you. they could finish whatever sprites you need.
I'll get some names. I wanna see the finished priduct, if you do the same that is...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-02 09:55:21

At 12/30/05 07:56 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote: Something really close to that with Halo Combat, Quake online, call of duty controls, time splitters challenge, and ranking system according to kill ratio and saves in live combat. Oh Lt. Brookman I can't quite e-mail you due to problems sending the message for some error with my office account. Any other way I can E-mail this to you?

The other forum has a built in messaging system for private messages. Otheriwse I'd suggest you use a browser oriented mail service, such as Hotmail or GMail.

I hope everybody has had a save and warm New Years Day, no limbs or digits lost I may hope? Och, you all have a happy 2006!

On to a short business notice: I'm working full-time on a non-profit story for the time being. You can still expect me to check in on both forums, just don't expect me to reply or fly on the snap of a finger, okay?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-02 12:39:32

You can bloody well tell it's the new year. It's sounded like constant artillery fire outside my window this week. God bless this nation, a place in which a one-off event turns into a month of constant explosive detonation. I launch the biggest rockets i can legally (or otherwise) obtain just to anger old people and their pets. It's the principle that counts.

I'm off to this new forum thingy, but i will stick around at least till the grand 100th page. 'tis the season to be genocidal, so i'm off to produce more dioramas in the hope that GW will have some more monthly painting compos!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-03 10:56:52

I think most of Europe was one big warzone that night. Why, if it wasn't for me bad lungs I'd be out there, shouting to people that "they" have finally invaded. Maybe it's a legal reason to get that gasmask for the end of this year, top it off with a good ol' British helmet and a khaki uniform.

Ah, I could already hear them scream, the stupid kids that tried to be cool by clutching the cracker just a tad too long. Amputators, that's what we call 'em these days. Quick, clean and once the shock settles in, painless!

Oh, I'm planning on not letting this thread here die, even when it hits the big one-double-zero.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-03 18:16:43

I have always pondered over this but I could never quite get the entire conept. Are the Tau related to the Eldar? They share the same traits and in some ways the same technology. Maybe who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-04 08:43:30

Seperate entities and factions, no relation other then being fragile at times. Besides, they wouldn't really fit in with on the one side, the blue skinned neo-communists and other the other side, selfish Leonard Nimoy rejects. One things they do have in common are being filthy, unclean alien races. A-ha! And what do we do with lesser races? That's right, we scrape them from under the soles of our boots!

I'm still busy writing and found a fitting quote for an interrogation (of a birdbrained hooker, NOT the heart of gold variant): "I'm going to cram my fist so far down your throat that I'll pull out all the condoms you swallowed last week."

Not done by me, but I really have to use it, it's too good not to. The thing is, what would the age rating be of my story, when adding it all up? With the serial killings thus far, it's on a safe 12+, but with the strong language it's topping a 16+. Maybe I should just make it 21+ to be on the save side. Don't want any "ideal american mom's" busting my chops for writing what I do best.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-04 09:00:43

At 12/27/05 01:36 AM, SHAITH_HEAD wrote:
At 12/26/05 12:06 PM, Dumbass_Dude wrote: Dude ill join, i collect space marine, Tyranids and the imperial guqard.
Nice. welcome. anything else interseting about you or your armies?

yeh, last week i was at the metro centre k, and i was against this fat kid, he space wolves and i had tyranids, he was owning me until of course i discovered the infestation rule, thus rolled and revived most of my tyranids on the side of the board behind his men cos he was right on the side, lol he would have been killed if his men ran away on the right side of the board, i took out just about all of his men, and my and zoanathrpes l8er destroyed his lemon russ.
god bless tyranids infestation... and of course im now in metro centre leader board :p

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-04 19:50:12

I reallu underestimate the imperial army when it comes to forces. Using numbers rather than actual strength ensures victory over the lives of countless hundreds. Deploying masses where needed most the imperial army excels at all aspects of reinforcing important locations at incredible speed. But that doesn't mean I can't trust the Space marines for absolute tactical recon. But the size of the Space Marines....Wow.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-07 06:48:26

At 1/2/06 02:39 AM, SHAITH_HEAD wrote: would the sprite maker happen to be ch33ks? He's the one who made the ultramarines sprites requested by me for this crew, but there were others helping and i could get some in contact with you. they could finish whatever sprites you need.
I'll get some names. I wanna see the finished priduct, if you do the same that is...

Yeah, Thats him, I still have him on my Trillian contact list but I don't really feel like nagging him about the sprites.
I do want to see this project done but as I said, it is rather on the back-burner at the moment, Ive got these things to do too (in order of importance):
- Studying for Exams
- Voice Acting for Drakojan Skies Acolytes
- Lock Legion game project (somethings up with the site atm)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-08 12:52:45

At 1/3/06 06:16 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote: I have always pondered over this but I could never quite get the entire conept. Are the Tau related to the Eldar? They share the same traits and in some ways the same technology. Maybe who knows.

Basicly the Eldar and Tau are the only aliens who are sometimes nice to the humans and some other minor races. Yes they have other similarities(S6 safe plasma weapons, a name for humans, hard to pronounce words, and lots of skimmers) although they are very different in battlefleet Gothic. The Eldar and Tau are not related to each other because the Eldar are a very ancient race which probably has its homeworld where the eye of terror is now, and the tau are a very young race which is from T'AU which lies on the opposite side of the galaxy from my theory of the Eldar home world.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-08 15:45:10

At 1/8/06 12:52 PM, Orcinator wrote:

... because the Eldar are a very ancient race which probably has its homeworld where the eye of terror is now, ...

Quite Accurate, in some ways, the Eye of terror was created by the birth of Slaanesh, the youngest chaos god and he was created by what I suppose you could call the mass psychic karma of the then over-indulgeant self-serving Eldar race.
Quite a nasty realisation I expect:
"Oh shit, we caused that!?"

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-08 19:13:39

As you should know the Dark crusades are upon us! I dont like the name though, sounds too much like Black Crusade, I hope to hear of what you people will done during this event.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-09 16:07:53

dude my computer is triping bad, im sending it in cuz the batery wonrt work right, so i wont have internet for a while...
I ordered ten elysian drop troops from fordgeworld last month and they just came in from the UK. and like ten things went wrong 1) no sergant model 2) only 8 legs 3) no arms able to hold the special weapons 4) too many extra unused pieces
they look really good tho, really detailed but an assload of flash on them. Its a weird experience to do those models, there so diffrent in many ways. and almost my entire army is painted and im near done my inquisitors completely custom unit (10 models so far)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-01-09 16:27:58

At 1/8/06 12:52 PM, Orcinator wrote:
Basicly the Eldar and Tau are the only aliens who are sometimes nice to the humans and some other minor races. Yes they have other similarities(S6 safe plasma weapons, a name for humans, hard to pronounce words, and lots of skimmers) although they are very different in battlefleet Gothic.

Thank you for clearing that up.

BBS Signature