00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

b0sszkr1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

297,946 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-27 10:37:10

THE ORK WAS ALL "WAAARRGGHH" and im just like please, is just to early. I cant stand all that shouting and what not and the explosoin with the people in the air and what not and stuff what da bombs and you throw em and makes this explosion and thats annoying I are don't like it. Orks make bad noise, noises too loud.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-27 15:05:10

At 11/27/05 05:42 AM, pugwash1 wrote:
At 11/26/05 10:40 PM, Skull_leader wrote: Wow, 3000 points of IG. Brookman has that much, too. That's almost near impossible
not with tanks, my first 40k army was guard. i have about 4000pts of poorly painted guard models sacattered around my room in various states of disrepair. besides imperial guard aren't exactly suited (for the most part) to being converted and also (for the most part) generic paint schemes give the best results with them

I will have to agree that generic paint schemes look great with them, but they are easy to convert. The problem is simply converting ALL of them, because most bits and stuff are suited to "smaller" armies. However, I play DE and have a lot of extra Warrior spikes so they can make a viable option. The problem is simply finding something in a big enough supply to convert everything. As of now, only my Leaders (Heroes, Captains, Commissars, etc...) have any conversions. (And not with DE spikes lol.)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-27 15:55:12

At 11/27/05 10:37 AM, Warhammer_40K wrote: THE ORK WAS ALL "WAAARRGGHH" and i cant stand what not and the explosoin not and stuff what da bombs andOrks make bad noise, noises too loud.

yeah dude, ok

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-28 13:53:20

i had the funniest game againts a little ork horde this weekend. i caused a penetrating hit on a war truk with a heavy flamer rolled a 6 and the resulatnt explosion killed most of two big units of boyz crouded around. My sisters of battle didn't take a casualty... its the occasional masacre in 40k that makes me wonder why i play fantasy so much more

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-28 14:02:18

At 11/27/05 03:05 PM, Guy_Fawkes wrote:
I will have to agree that generic paint schemes look great with them, but they are easy to convert. The problem is simply converting ALL of them

well i have to contradict myself a bit now. all of the guard plastics parts are almost entirely interchangable. i ordered a cadion battleforce (thats the name of the £50 boxes, isn't it?) and was sent a catachan one instead so to compensate me they let me keep the catachans and sent me the cadians. the result of this was that i had a lot of bits for of stuff i didn't exactly want. but even back then i magaged to bodge the two guard types together into half decent models (even if incredibly simplistic conversions)... now i've moved on, at the moment i'm sculting a model almost entirley out of green stuff (i've borrowed the hands and head)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-28 17:57:28

phew, been a while since I was last on, I see the good Private Kay of Seigg 8 has visited too!
As for the seperate forum iudea Lieutenant (Sir) I get the feeling that the idea's been put on hold for the moment, perhaps we can find a few tech-priests to rig up a temporary site in the meantime. I'm also still an avid supporter of te radio idea (Cue cheasy slogan suggestion: "40k Crew - Music to Battle to!") and I'll look into that, as for actual painting, I've got a lot to do I just don't get down to it (laziness is a curse, mark me well!) and gaming front is so peaceful that I wouldn't be surprised if my command squiad were enjoying a hot bath and a rest cure at club-med.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-30 11:53:47

At 11/27/05 03:55 PM, SHAITH_HEAD wrote:
At 11/27/05 10:37 AM, Warhammer_40K wrote: THE ORK WAS ALL "WAAARRGGHH" and i cant stand what not and the explosoin not and stuff what da bombs andOrks make bad noise, noises too loud.
yeah dude, ok

well in the GW I go to we often sing 'ERE WE GO! then we yell WAAAGH!! and when we do special events that involve multiple people we WAAAGH!!! to see who goes first, really its pretty fun

Also I am starting Eldar it would be nice to give me some tips on what to get.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-30 15:23:39

Another one of those update things?

Welp, 40k is still on the backburner as there are more pressing matters in life at the moment, work and intership being big factors. Not giving up on my Imperial Guardsmen and Ordo Hereticus boogeymen, just taking a break from it all.

On the "on topic" side of the update, I tried reading Warrior Brood, but it's a horrible read, as is Blood Bowl, god-damn-horrible. So instead, I got the Vampire Genevieve anthology and am enjoying myself immensely with that. Yes it is fantasy, but it is a bloody good read, thank you very much.

As for xXx-mas, day of commercial whoring, I am not sure what to ask and receive. More books seems a viable option.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-11-30 19:24:21

crawford I was begining to think you got banned or somthing again.
ich bin looking forward to a long night converting eziekial holder of the keys into an inquisitor loard...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-03 13:23:57

I'm having trouble painting. The brush I'm using is from the brand "fine tooth" and the problem is you have to use a lot of strokes in order to get the texture you want. Well its time to move on and for all you modelers out there can you be so kind as to tell me what you use to color your models? Would be such an awesome help. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-03 19:23:42

well I started Eldar and I am not sure what units to get do you have any advice?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-04 11:56:48

At 12/3/05 07:23 PM, Orcinator wrote: well I started Eldar and I am not sure what units to get do you have any advice?

Vipers, webway spiders, howling banshees, Dark reapers, Eldar council, farseer- a good start

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-04 23:39:28

At 12/4/05 11:56 AM, Warhammer_40K wrote:
At 12/3/05 07:23 PM, Orcinator wrote: well I started Eldar and I am not sure what units to get do you have any advice?
Vipers, webway spiders, howling banshees, Dark reapers, Eldar council, farseer- a good start

you mean warp spiders right? and what is a good choice for troops im thinking guardians but there are many ways I could make a squad

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-05 03:22:05

Seeing as today is a slow day of little to no work, I'll go on ahead and just give birth to a new forum that we've been talking about. But! (There is always a but, can't have something without any strings attached) While there is a nice and cozy forum, wouldn't a simple front site also be nice? Something of a front for the forum with links and the bio's of the artists.

Spreading the disease,

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-05 07:03:12

Okay ramblers, the basic frame has been set up and can be found here: http://40crew.proboards67.com/index.cgi

All boards are as of yet empty and nothing has been posted as of yet. So pu-lease do not jump into each thread with the question of what purpose it serves, as that will be added in due time. Though most threads should explain theirselves. There are plenty of custom avatars present, but should you throw a fit and not have that "special" avatar around, you can use one of your own creation, just keep it normal. (Which means, nothing offensive or nudity)

Spreading the lead,

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-05 12:03:41

At 12/4/05 11:39 PM, Orcinator wrote: guardians but there are many ways I could make a squad

Naw to weak stick with the warp spiders. Their weapon consists of a highly charged static ball of plasma generated energy that sizzles inside the targets body, plus you cant go wrong with the vehicle bombs they have. Now of course you could create a large army og guardiasn but they'll be cut down before you can say "damn, not a good choice". I wouldn't so much suggest the howling banshees because even though they're great at close combat, they are still vulnerable to range fire. So I suggest upgarde their blade to executioner and then throw them in with dark reapers. Its a perfect combo. Squad in the back occupying the target with fire and banshees in the front makin sushi with their sleak swords. But hey, its up to you thats just my suggestion. Oh and nice forums you got goin there Lt Brookman. Like the topics and discusions.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-05 20:13:11

ok I know spiders are good I will take them but what should I take for TROOPS and keep in mind a warlock can give guardians a 5+ cover save for 20 points

Also the website looks great, I joined right away but add more avatar picks and a BG forum

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-06 03:59:52

Right, what kind of avatars might you be referring to? Please be specific.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-06 17:10:28

At 12/5/05 08:13 PM, Orcinator wrote: ok I know spiders are good I will take them but what should I take for TROOPS and keep in mind a warlock can give guardians a 5+ cover save for 20 points

Well maybe the farseer council would better fit your needs. Has tons of upgrades and is reliable in both health and strength. Really I wouldn't go with the guardians, more or less use them as scouts. Me... I'm happy with my terminators.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-06 20:47:54

At 12/6/05 03:59 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Right, what kind of avatars might you be referring to? Please be specific.

Well Orks(If you find on in a commissar hat it would be very cool!),Dark/Eldar(an ACTUAL avatar), Marines Necrons and more avatars for the races you included and ones I failed to point out

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-07 06:21:23

Right, well once I am enjoying a two week vacation I'll dive into the idea of creating more avatars, but people please feel free to add or send in your own 100x100 creations.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-07 21:01:56

Well the main problem I see is the color change when you log in the colors get changed and make some text dissapear. Can you just make it stay the same color please? Also let us use pictures from our computers as avatars please.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-08 03:09:37

At 12/7/05 09:01 PM, Orcinator wrote: Well the main problem I see is the color change when you log in the colors get changed and make some text dissapear. Can you just make it stay the same color please? Also let us use pictures from our computers as avatars please.

As I said before, yes, yes you can use your own images as avatars. If you use them yourself, you upload them yourself, if you want to share them, upload them and mail me the links.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-11 10:56:17

At 12/8/05 03:09 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: At:
As I said before, yes, yes you can use your own images as avatars. If you use them yourself, you upload them yourself, if you want to share them, upload them and mail me the links.

When you go to upload a picture sometimes it won't load properly. Does it have to be JPEG?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-11 12:41:11

Space Wolf Army at the service to the Emperor, and this Club

May you live in interesting times.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-11 13:04:07

well there's 6 members in the forom now I hope there will be more

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-11 22:52:02

Oh you're so wrong, my friend. There's way more members in this club than the number of air heads in a box from Costco.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-12 15:29:17

At 12/11/05 10:52 PM, Skull_leader wrote: Oh you're so wrong, my friend. There's way more members in this club than the number of air heads in a box from Costco.

Weird I went to costco (because I have too much free time) and they had complete set for the deathwatch assembly kit including a chimera. Fantastic it was to get such a priceless box. Ring it up, rush home and assemble. Wanna know what they did the miserable fucks. They didn't include all the pieces necessary to complete a marine, chimera not included, and no instruction manuel. Everyhting was stripped fomr the box exceot a few pieces. Absolute crap. I am now going back and shoving this right down their throat and hope they die.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-12 19:38:17

At 12/12/05 03:29 PM, Warhammer_40K wrote:

::

Weird I went to costco (because I have too much free time) and they had complete set for the deathwatch assembly kit including a chimera. Fantastic it was to get such a priceless box. Ring it up, rush home and assemble. Wanna know what they did the miserable fucks. They didn't include all the pieces necessary to complete a marine, chimera not included, and no instruction manuel. Everyhting was stripped fomr the box exceot a few pieces. Absolute crap. I am now going back and shoving this right down their throat and hope they die.

Well one of my friends said once that he say codex armageddon at target but he is often a damn liar so its probably false but still

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-12-12 19:43:09

At 12/11/05 10:52 PM, Skull_leader wrote: Oh you're so wrong, my friend. There's way more members in this club than the number of air heads in a box from Costco.

I meant this forum<http://40crew.proboards67.com/index.
cgi
"