00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GonzoidPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metroid club

32,348 Views | 606 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metroid club 2009-06-03 22:46:17

At 6/3/09 07:11 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Has everyone seen the trailer for the new Metroid: Other M? To be honest I'm a little sceptical, about how good it will be. Team Ninja is developing it instead of Retro, and you can clearly see a lot of Ninja Gaiden/DoA influences. I just hope all these third-person action sequences won't just make it a poor Prince of Persia rip-off with shooting.

Yeah...I'm skeptical. As far as a story standpoint goes, I really hope it delivers, because of that little cliffhanger at the end of the trailer. But the gameplay looks like it could be very awkward, to say the least. I really hope it comes through.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid club 2009-06-04 01:32:53

At 6/3/09 10:46 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 6/3/09 07:11 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Has everyone seen the trailer for the new Metroid: Other M? To be honest I'm a little sceptical, about how good it will be. Team Ninja is developing it instead of Retro, and you can clearly see a lot of Ninja Gaiden/DoA influences. I just hope all these third-person action sequences won't just make it a poor Prince of Persia rip-off with shooting.
Yeah...I'm skeptical. As far as a story standpoint goes, I really hope it delivers, because of that little cliffhanger at the end of the trailer. But the gameplay looks like it could be very awkward, to say the least. I really hope it comes through.

I feel the same way. When I heard there was another game in the works, I was super excited. But after I saw the trailer, I felt kinda disappointed. I mean, I'm a huge fans of the Metroid Prime series, especially Corruption. There's either been two formats, side-scrolling platformer, and first-person view, and I don't think I've ever seen a single Metroid game that's ever flopped. I don't see why they want to change it. It seems a little awkward from the gameplay I saw. I sure hope this isn't the start of something horrible.

Response to Metroid club 2009-06-28 06:21:13

At 6/27/09 09:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: I really would like to join this club, because Metroid is my all time favorite game series next to Metal Gear. I'm practically obsessed with both the gameplay and the story. I can't wait for Other M.

Nice, welcome to the club. This place hasn't seen a lot of action recently, but hopefully that will change once more details about Other M are released. I really wouldn't mind seeing as DS Metroid either, to be honest.

The Trilogy collection will include:

That seriously looks awesome. Even though I've played all three, and own the last two, I'm seriously considering getting this, especially if it's priced competitively.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid club 2010-06-26 22:35:02

At 6/28/09 11:08 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/28/09 06:21 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Nice, welcome to the club. This place hasn't seen a lot of action recently, but hopefully that will change once more details about Other M are released. I really wouldn't mind seeing as DS Metroid either, to be honest.

Other M was supposed to be released in June, but it was delayed to August
Stupid Nintendo with their delays >:(

Well, there's Metroid Prime Hunters and Prime Pinball.

Actually, these where the games I liked the least

That seriously looks awesome. Even though I've played all three, and own the last two, I'm seriously considering getting this, especially if it's priced competitively.

I got all 3, 1 and 2 for Gamecube. I haven't got the Trilogy because I couldn't...
Of course, bosses like Dark Samus 4 and Spiderball guardian will be a joke even on hard mode because the free aiming makes it easier for samus to absorb the phazon expelled by DS, and the spring jump helps a lot to fight SB guardian. Damn, I hated that boss >:(

It costs just as much as any other new game. What I wish they would do is upgrade the scan visors to the one in Prime 3, because Prime 1's squares were annoying and Prime 2's visor gave me seizures. Also, Prime 2's multiplayer needs Wi-Fi. NEEDS.

Agree, it would've been cool if it did, but the disadvantage is that.... well you don't want your damn power beam to take half an hour to hit your enemy due to lag, but could've been a good idea

Response to Metroid club 2010-06-26 22:44:44

At 9/17/07 11:45 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 9/14/07 11:56 PM, Imacow wrote: Cool, Im at 70% completed i got all the energy cells and have 145 missles I think 10 energy tanks.

-Spoilers-

Question why do all the other hunters wind up attacking Samus? Is it because they were completly corrupted when Dark Samus attacked?
-SPOILERS-
When Dark Samus Attacked they were corrupted just like you, but on their mission, something went wrong and they got all fully corrupted. The only thing is that Samus was more resistant to phazon corruption for some reason.

I actually beg to differ..
You see, everyone was attacked by Dark Samus equally, they should have been corrupted just like you.
Hypermode overload could be the reason, since even at the start, if you get corrupted, you are fucked.
btw, I really love fighting Rundas, so damn fun :D

Response to Metroid club 2011-10-13 22:34:47

At 10/13/11 07:50 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Why has this club been abandoned for a year?

I would love to join this club. I fucking love Metroid.

Also, I just bought Metroid Prime from an eBay auction for $5. I can't wait for it to arrive.

I don't know, metroid kicks ass and it seems like everyone just stopped caring. (Maybe Other M wasn't very good?)

Anyways, I'll go ahead and list the Metroid games that I own:
Prime 1- GCN (First I ever played)
Prime 2 Echoes- GCN
Prime 3 Corruption- Wii (Only one I've beaten 100% for some reason (yes, on veteran mode))
Fusion- GBA
Metroid- GCN/GBA connection bonus between Prime and Fusion
And Super Metroid- Virtual console
I want to get all of them someday though.

Response to Metroid club 2011-10-14 07:21:29

At 10/13/11 07:50 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Why has this club been abandoned for a year?

Maybe because very little has happened with Metroid for a while. The last thing that happened was Other M which turned out to be a flop. I'm hoping a new Metroid game is on its way for the Wii U. Even if I hardly got far in Metroid Prime 3 and felt Other M was so-so, I would love to see another game. Hell, they could bring back the Dread project and easily put it on 3DS.

Also, I just bought Metroid Prime from an eBay auction for $5. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Excellent! If this is your first time playing it, you'll be having a blast with it.

At 10/13/11 10:34 PM, shrimpchris wrote: Anyways, I'll go ahead and list the Metroid games that I own:

I have all the Metroid games except for Prime Pinball. Then again, that cheap throwaway shouldn't count for anything.