00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mitchelf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

C.O.W Creature of the week #10

3,581 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 11:48:08

Last weeks winner: AwesomeSaurus! :D Good job.

This weeks creature: Snowsurfer. Now I don't want to see an animal on a surf-board.
Be creative ;)

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 12:46:56

Snowmoose, The
Very little is known about this majestic creatures which use their face to slide down the snow covered mountains of Sweden. While some scientists are amazed by their high grade of accommodation to their enviroment other scientists claim that these moose are "nothing else but regular moose, with the difference of being retarded jackasses"

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 12:50:50

At 1/8/07 12:46 PM, HeRetiK wrote: Snowmoose, The

Haha, I love it! Frickin' good job to you sir. ;D

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 12:52:04

At 1/8/07 12:50 PM, JohanL wrote: Haha, I love it! Frickin' good job to you sir. ;D

Thank you ;)

*bows*

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 13:37:33

A Snurtle (falls under category Dorkus Idioticus) likes to eat creatures of his own species. This makes him pretty pathetic and does not know he needs water to survive.

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 13:51:36

Again, very cool. But think about that this is creature of the week. Not like animal of the week, lol. Your creatures can be inspired by animals of course, but do not draw just an existing animal.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 14:20:09

WIN ^_^

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 14:27:51

It'll be hard to beat the SnowMoose but............

The Abandoned Roadtrip Dog.

After years of being on the road with his master, with his head stuck out the window and his tongue lolling in the wind, the wind took its toll.

This poor dog's tongue has been stretched beyond belief and he was abandoned in the woods near the mountains. Now he uses his gigantic tongue to get from A to B and to impress the bitches.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 17:14:06

Wtf is up with all the animals?! This thread is about drawing creatures, not animals.. -__-'

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 18:37:44

At 1/8/07 11:48 AM, JohanL wrote: Last weeks winner: AwesomeSaurus! :D Good job.

WOW!! Thanks so much Johan :) i put alot of work into it!! This COW is a great idea, and a tough one, so the best i could produce is:

The SnowSkate

A giant manta-ray-ish monster with an icicle for a tail barb, would be optimal for flying down a snowy mountain :)

i was gonna put some steve irwin in there, but i miss him too much to make fun.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 21:21:26

Heres My First go. I made up a crappy story to make my creature seem better then it is.

Snowsurfer

The Snowsurfer will climb to the top of the Highest Mountain and wait for its prey. Once an Animal comes into view it will propel its self down the mountain standing on its blade like arms and travel through the middle of its prey cutting it in two and collecting a small amount of meat. It will then climb back up the Hill and wait for the next animal. The snowsurfer is quite wasteful and will need to kill around 20 animals a day to stay alive.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-08 21:52:40

This is the snow jelly.

Close reletives of the sea jelly, snow jellies have a lifespan of only about six minutes, as they're 97% water bodies tend to freez quickly in their habitat. The only reason that this species is not extinct is the fact that every jelly is born pregnant. Snow Jellies give birth shortly after being born.

Snow jellies speedily roll down snowy hills, engulfing small organisms as they go by. A group of jellies are known to gang up on a larger animal and use they're acidic secretions to dissolve the poor thing into a consumable liquid.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 03:17:13

Yeah, thats more like it! My entry is coming up today hopefully. Good job everyone.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 04:31:18

NIIICE
:o

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 07:20:56

surfing on an egg =P

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 08:22:49

At 1/9/07 04:31 AM, poxpower wrote:
NIIICE
o

why, thank you mr. poxpower sir!

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 11:04:28

Haha, this one kind of failed but I'll post it anyway. I might make another later.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 12:49:31

At 1/9/07 11:04 AM, JohanL wrote: Haha, this one kind of failed but I'll post it anyway. I might make another later.

That's quite nice, I like the texture on the brush but don't think it works well with the thick line art, I might do some experimenting with brushes

At 1/8/07 09:21 PM, SirHappy666 wrote: Heres My First go. I made up a crappy story to make my creature seem better then it is.

Snowsurferin my entry.

I like this idea, not sure if it would work though, wouldn't he just cut straight downwards? I like that you've thought about why he's going down the hill, nice snow in his hair, and blood on the blades!

I'm going to try and make one tonight, I know what I want the creature to do, just not sure how it will look yet.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 12:59:48

At 1/9/07 12:49 PM, Zach wrote: That's quite nice, I like the texture on the brush but don't think it works well with the thick line art, I might do some experimenting with brushes

I know.. I had a totally different idea from the beginning, but then I started to change stuff and ended up with that. :/ Good thing I'm trying new stuff though.

I'm going to try and make one tonight, I know what I want the creature to do, just not sure how it will look yet.

Looking forward to it. :)

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 13:50:09

Snowbee
The snowbee is a very rarely seen creature. It lives mostly on snowy mountains but can be seen in other cold climates aswell. The snowbee has a giant stinger on the end of his body which helps it easily slide down mountains as even though it has wings it's too damn lazy to use them and sliding is much more fun. The snowbee is closely related to 1) the "cat family" such as leapards and lions and 2) the "woodwind family."

A picture of the snowbee sliding down a mountain... somewhere.
look how much it's having ;D

What a good looking mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 14:35:12

Limr

Known for creating avalanches, this creature reproduces by burying its eggs inside snowballs, it climbs to the top of a mountain and begins to run down, picking up snow as it goes, as it travels further more and more is collected until it is fully hidden inside tons of snow.

I was originally going to do a creature that slides down a hill by standing on its hands, then using them to flip off of drops or grab onto trees. But then I started thinking about snowballs and avalanches and came up with this. I wanted to do it without any line art, but the edges weren't sharp enough and fingers looked glued together. I also wanted to keep it as just a digi painting, but it looks better with a photo texture :\

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 15:36:31

The BoardBIlliedShnisherdingbird

Bird that boards down mountains, but since it has no legs it can't climb up again, it is unknow how they got to the mountain in the first place.

before u guys shoot me up in flames this is the first time ive used this sort of software (not ms paint)

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 15:38:06

opps forgot pic

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 15:40:46

opps sorry for triple post, here it is bigger

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 17:24:59

Not quite the way I wanted it to turn out, not sure if I like it or not.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-09 22:59:23

My entry. Looks grubby as fuck, (and overboard on gradients :( ) but meh.

Jim the rolly thing.
Rolls and lands on stuff then eats 'em.

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-10 03:25:57

I've always seen this "Creature of the Weak"s, but never participated. I decided to try it out:

The Squeerol

This creature spends most of it's life at the bottom of mountains, annoying tourists. Needing little to no food, the Squeerol only eat snow. During mating season, Female Squeerol climb mountains, the queen waiting at the highest, and wait for the males. The males race and battle up towards the females. Whomever wins claims the prize. The male and females then slide down the mountains to create nesting holes where they give birth to their "Squeers" (baby Squeerol's)

Here we have an excited male Squeerol traveling down one of the largest mountains. Squeerol's often use their tales as sleds, and hold on to the tips of them to steer. Occasionally, a Squeerol will flip over and become a massive snow ball. It is recommended that tourists do not tour during mating season.

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-10 08:06:14

At 1/9/07 10:59 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Rolls and lands on stuff then eats 'em.

Hehehe... pwned.

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-10 15:35:13

At 1/9/07 10:59 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: My entry. Looks grubby as fuck, (and overboard on gradients :( ) but meh.

Jim the rolly thing.
Rolls and lands on stuff then eats 'em.

lol, I love the look on the little bears face. He looks oh so cute and innocent until GRAABAGRAABAARRAARRAARRAARR!

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W Creature of the week #10 2007-01-10 17:19:34

Nice, i really like zach's entry(s)
:D :).