00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crzyhentaiboy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,528,279 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-16 13:53:41

Tonight is TNA's July PPV Victory Road. This is a tough PPV to make predictions for, so I probably won't do so great. However, here are my predictions:

Four Way Match - #1 Contender
Christian Cage vs. Scott Steiner vs. Sting vs. Samoa Joe
One of many tough matches to choose from. I don't really know why, but I'm choosing Samoa Joe to be victorious.

NWA World Tag Team Title
AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Sirelda & vs. AMW & Gail Kim
Style and Daniels will retain the NWA Tag Titles.

Team 3D vs. The James Gang & Abyss
Win or lose, I 'll never pick against "The Dudleys".

Hair vs. Hair
Raven vs. Larry Zbyszko
As many times as Zbyszko has screwed Raven over, it's time for Raven to get his payback.

Alex Shelley & Kevin Nash vs. Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal
Another tough match to call. I have to choose Sabin and Lethal getting the win by pinning Shelley.

Rhino vs. Monty Brown
Both men have been on fire lately. Rhino fighting for the Legacy of ECW, Monty Brown fighting his way back into title contention. In a brutal match, I have to say Monty Brown will be victorious.

LAX (Hernandez & Homicide) vs. Sonjay Dutt & Ron Killings
LAX (with the help of Konnan, most likely) will beat down Dutt and Killings.

X-Division Title
Senshi vs. TBA.
No matter who it is Senshi faces, he will retain the X-Division title

The Naturals vs. Diamonds in the Rough
The Naturals will finally get the win they've been looking for.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-16 16:32:39

At 7/13/06 05:20 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: I'd like to start off with the predictability that the WWE has fallen into. It used to be just storylines and matches, but now the wrestlers are falling into habits. This is nothing new, however, it's spreading like an epidemic. It's come to the point where I can watch Monday Night Raw and be able to tell you when a match will end simply by spotting a move. No, I'm not talking about finishers, I'm talking about move sequences.

Retarded, ain't it? Damn writers with few of their original brain cells still active.......... ORIGINALITY, PLEEZ!

I understand the importance of signature moves, but for an example of how to use them and when to use them, watch Hardy. When I was at Unforgiven and Hardy was fighting Edge in the cage, and my friend saw the perfect oppurtunity for the Side Effect and we screamed as loud as we could (we were in the first few rows) SIDE EFFECT MATT SIDE EFFECT! He used it, we got on the DVD, and everyone freaked out.

Whoa, shit. Nice one. Although it sounds slightly coincidental......

That aside, I wanna point this out for those of you who might find it intresting. CM punk has a tatoo of Pepsi. He also has 2 signature moves (one is a finisher I believe) with Pepsi in the name. The report is that Punk likes Pepsi because it is the rival of Coke, which at the begining used Cocaine in the forumla for the extra "kick".

I always heard that about Coca-Cola; drink one, and hallucinate. Hmmmmm, no thanks. Neat sig move idea, though.

Back to WWECW bashing, Heymans promo really threw me off. It was a heel promo that was so outrageous, for anyone EXCEPT Heyman! Instead, Heyman makes sense and remains face with the ECW fans. He IS the messiah and he WILL lead us to the promised land. The only way that anyone could have seen Heyman as a heel after that would be, you guessed it, WWE fans.

Further Proof Vince has no respect for the old ECW.

It seems that Vince is the one to RE-kill it. NOT A GOOD IDEA THERE, VINCE! Give Heyman his full control back! C'mon; do it for the countless fans you'll lose if ya' don't.

BIG SHOW! RIC FLAIR! Both these guys were Raw midcarders a couple months back, and now they're competing for the top prize in WWECW? Please, how do expect anyone to buy that unless they're old school fans who remember ANY of Flair's 16 title reigns?

Yeah, I don't know the exact titles he won other than the recent Intercontinental title.

The match itself was fun and better than expected. I like what I'm seeing from Show, and Flair is proving to me that he wants, and deserves, to still be in that ring. I wasn't fond of the end, as I was expecting Mick Foley to make an appearance (and heels getting a clean victory always turns me off for some reason, unless you're Kurt Angle at the Rumble '03). However, the match did what it was supposed to and thats to elevate Show as champ and also show that Flair can get "extreme" if need be.

Lets talk about Flair for a sec. In the last year he's made more trips to the top rope (with only one succesful move, being at Unforgiven. I almost pissed my pants at that btw), taken more bumps then a mane 20 years younger than he should be taking, competed in his first ladder match, extreme rules match, and did what only Ric Flair could do, put over a big fat Samoan Beast and come back on the upper mid-card.

I wish more guys had the passion Flair does. If they did, then WWE's lack of creative wouldn't even matter to me if I could watch em in a decent match once a month.

How the hell does Flair keep goin' after all those years, partially fake or not? Doesn't he seem older than Hogan to you, or is it just me? And kudos to him for saying what I already just said; SHOW US SOME FRICKING ORIGINALITY, DAMMIT!

*Smackdown spoilers*
Onto Smackdown. How FREAKING FUCKED UP are things over there?! Finlay beats Lashley for the title? What sense does this make! I mean the Finlay/Lashley feud was quick and ended early months ago, but somehow they tie it back in? I love how they tell the tale of Lashley overcoming the King's tyranny,.....only to lose to his subordinate 2 weeks later in a regular singles match. And what does this do to Regal? Turning him face is the wrong idea and WWE should shoot themselves in the head rather than the foot if thats their plan. Regal is a terrible face. He was born to be heel.
*end Spoilers*

Yup, it officially happened. The "little bastard" helped him again........... Put his little ass in a match against Khali, please.

So now we've got the King Booker as the number one contender. Somehow, a guy that just lot a feud with the United States Champion doesn't seem ideal to face the World Champion. Then again, the World Champion never pinned the original champion, got squashed by Henry and Khali, was defeated by Rob Van Dam, destroyed by Sabu and also lost to the King's subordinate, Finlay. So somehow, it all fits in. It's too bad that this feud will play second fiddle to Henry/ Batista, despite Henry/Batista being FAR more credible as the main event.

He got pwned off his throne by Rey; out like a fucking light. It was great. AND he took out his "court jester", Regal. Thank god: ALL HAIL YOU SHUTTING THE FUCK UP!

And for those of you who don't yet realize it, this does lead to Booker/Batista at Summer Slam, and yes, WWE will make refrence to the scuffle they had at the commercial shoot.

AND BATISTA REGAINS HIS TITLE! WHADDYA' BET?

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 00:59:02

I know the results of teh TNA PPV, but I don't want to post them if someone is going to do a review.

I fully intend on watching Barely Legal in the near future, probably tomorrow. I've seen it's main event and how it turns out but it was a damn good match so I won't mind watching it again. In looking at the line-up I noticed something.. I didn't know Taka was in ECW. Cool!

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 01:56:00

At 7/17/06 12:59 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I know the results of teh TNA PPV, but I don't want to post them if someone is going to do a review.

I fully intend on watching Barely Legal in the near future, probably tomorrow. I've seen it's main event and how it turns out but it was a damn good match so I won't mind watching it again. In looking at the line-up I noticed something.. I didn't know Taka was in ECW. Cool!

You want to know why TAKA Michinoku was in ECW? ECW had a working agreement with Michinoku Pro around that time. Michinoku Pro is an independent promotion that operates in the Tohoku region of Japan. Kai En Tai wrestled as bWo Japan in ECW. It was a parody of New Japan Pro Wrestling's nWo Japan. The Great Sasuke/Gran Hamada/Masato Yakushiji vs TAKA Michinoku/Dick Togo/MEN's Teioh match is considered one of ECW's best matches. You should watch this match before you watch TAKA's ECW match. It's the greatest 10-Man tag team match i've ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 02:25:30

Right...so Cooler totally stole my post there...all I've got is that the whole Tommy Dreamer column thing is probably a work. PWInsider feels it's most likely storyline as Tommy is not going to be in the office for the next two weeks as he's on vacation, I assume that will also mean he's on vacation from the ring for the next two weeks as well.

Back to MASH with me then.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 05:37:57

At 7/16/06 09:03 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: From WWE.com:
Mark Henry was injured in the Six-Man Tag Team Match at Saturday Night’s Main Event. He is currently diagnosed with a fractured patella and a possible patella tendon rupture.

It is a clear now that Henry will job clean at GAB since it will be an one time feud. Considering that Henry injured Benoit, Rey, Angle and Burchill before getting himself injured, it was a special "revenge" for those who were injured by him. Of course, I am also hoping to recover. But the rate may increase during his absent. Not too many people like Mark Henry.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 11:07:10

sweet, I'll have to check that match out. Thanks LK.

Since no time-table has been given for Henry yet, it is stil up in the air on what wwe will do. They will probably keep him on the payroll for a while.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 16:28:31

man, do I hate bans. oh well, Just like John Cena; I'm a bad, bad man!

man, SNME was great! better than the last one!

I'm so hoping DX will add more members soon, I've heard rumors that two of the new members would be Cena and Carlito.

P.S that stupid offcial! Cena had the title in the bag! Say, Vince, How about hiring some refs with 20/20 vision?

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 16:33:51

all right! this just in for those of us who didn't see victory road, I don't know what happen with some of the other matches, but:

Larry Z got his head shaved by raven!

Styles/ Daniels retain! (W00t!)

STING IS THE #1 CONTENDER!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 17:33:19

Here are the full results for Victory Road.

Pre-show match: Johnny Devine defeated Shark Boy when Devine used a Double Underhook Piledriver on Shark Boy.

The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens, w/Shane Douglas) defeated The Diamonds in The Rough (Elix Skipper & David Young, w/Simon Diamond) when The Naturals used a top rope dropkick-powerbomb combination on Elix Skipper.

Monty Brown vs Rhino ended in a double disqualification after referee Andrew Thomas was knocked out twice and Rhino & Brown fought in the crowd.

The Latin American Exchange (Homicide & Hernandez, w/Konnan) defeated Sonjay Dutt & Ron Killings when Hernandez gave Sonjay Dutt the Megabomb.

For the TNA X Division Championship: Senshi (c) defeated Frankie Kazarian when Senshi used the Warrior's Way on Kazarian.

Hair vs Hair match: Raven defeated Larry Zbyszko when Raven pinned Zbyszko following a Raven Effect DDT. Then Zbyszko gets his head shaved bald after the match.

Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal defeated Kevin Nash & Alex Shelley (w/Johnny Devine) when Chris Sabin used a hesitated dropkick on Shelley.

The James Gang & Abyss (w/James Mitchell) defeated Team 3D when Abyss gave Brother Runt a Black Hole Slam through a Table.

Six-person mixed tag team match for the NWA World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels (C) & Sirelda defeated America's Most Wanted & Gail Kim when Chris Harris accidently hit James Storm with a steel chair.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship "Road to Victory" number one contender four-way match: Sting defeated Samoa Joe, Christian Cage, and Scott Steiner when Sting used a Scorpion death drop on Scott Steiner.

Now that Frankie Kazarian is back in TNA, Maybe he'll team with Matt Bentley again. And besides the Sting vs Jeff Jarrett match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, What matches do you think will take place at TNA's next PPV Hard Justice?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 17:45:06

I totally think that at Hard Justice, Sting will become a heavyweight champion ONE MORE TIME!

and, I may be pushing my luck but i hope between now and then, Jeff Hardy or Lance Hoyt will come back to TNA/go to WWE.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 18:36:25

Smackdown is awesome, better than raw. Anyway, who did you vote for in the diva contest?

AMY ALL THE WAY!!

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 18:44:10

At 7/17/06 06:36 PM, Piemix wrote: Smackdown is awesome, better than raw. Anyway, who did you vote for in the diva contest?

First of all, you're a nerd.

second, I out-right refuse to encourage this shit-eating contest that will in a matter of weeks eat up precious card space. If you really want My opinion, I hope Jen England wins. she is mega-hot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-17 18:48:02

At 7/17/06 04:28 PM, redface wrote: man, do I hate bans. oh well, Just like John Cena; I'm a bad, bad man!

Why'd you get banned? Oh, well, good to see you again...now stop signing! Jk...

man, SNME was great! better than the last one!

Indeed it was. The first one was more like "hey, we're back on NBC. Come check us out!" But, it feels like it sucks more than it did in the 80's...

I'm so hoping DX will add more members soon, I've heard rumors that two of the new members would be Cena and Carlito.

If Cena becomes a member of DX, I'm gonna take Sandman's singapore cane and beat the hell outta Cena with it. Then, I'll put him in the Sharpshooter and break his legs. (sigh)..sadly, I doubt I'd be able to do that...

P.S that stupid offcial! Cena had the title in the bag! Say, Vince, How about hiring some refs with 20/20 vision?

He made the right call. Edge deserves that belt more than anyone on the RAW roster.

Also, what the hell iis up with TNA giving Sting a title shot? I mean, he's got talent, don't get me wrong. But, for someone who's only been here for a few months, TNA's giving him more of a push than someone who really deserves it (ahem, Samoa Joe!).

...then again, they did the same thing with Rhino and Christian Cage...

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 01:08:36

Raw was decent, good to see Carlito is the # 1 contender for the IC title. Funny how the announcer said it was for the CW title.

Is it me or has all the titles and other storylines taken a back seat while Vince, Shane, the SS, and DX take the spotlight? Shouldn't the WWE title have more meaning than that? Geez....

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 01:39:52

At 7/18/06 01:08 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Raw was decent, good to see Carlito is the # 1 contender for the IC title. Funny how the announcer said it was for the CW title.

Is it me or has all the titles and other storylines taken a back seat while Vince, Shane, the SS, and DX take the spotlight? Shouldn't the WWE title have more meaning than that? Geez....

theres to many titles again, they lose meaning when every second wrestler has a title.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 02:47:13

Mark Henry is officially out for the GAB. Batista has now issued an open challenge to anyone. If WWE is smart, I agree with PWInsider that they should try and get Brock Lesnar back since he's on the outs with NJPW at the moment.

Yes, The McMahons are owning the spotlight on RAW...doing the same thing over...and over...and over. The Spirit Squad looks inept, and so do the Mcmahons by never getting any heat on DX. I'm not saying I want real wrestlers getting beaten up by the owners of the company, but the one-sided nature of these Looney Tunes type skits is getting old, and certainly hurts whatever ability to draw money the Squad has.

ECW house shows are said to be right in line attendance wise with what WWE expected. Neikirk and O'Reilly debuted this weekend, they were said to be decent, but their finisher, which appears to be a double rockbottom, did not look good. The locker room is said to be very tight right now, insofar as they all want this brand to work. ECW now has four tag teams...time to get those tag belts back up and running dontcha think?

Starting tommorow, I put my moniker of "Professor" to good use. Tommorow I re-design my ECW thoughts into an actual "report card" for the show. Hope you all find it interesting and informative.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 11:10:29

Lesnar? Didn't he try to sue WWE not too long ago? But hey, if he and wwe could come to agreable trme I think his comeback would be good.

Considering the crowd was mostly dead for the Highlanders match I don't think they are ready for the Tag Titles. But with Raw's lack of teams they don't have as many options as they should.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 16:36:00

At 7/18/06 01:08 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Raw was decent,

Okay, leesen, haha... to me!

like my Estrada impression? no? anyway...

who was that guy that was announcing? it looked like Todd Grisham, but where's Lillian?

man, The presence of the Chain Gang was really strong in San Antonio last night! but did you see the beating Umaga put on my Boy John Cena? I smell a rivalry!

and guess what, guys! RAW is coming to my hometown of Bridgeport, CT! I gotta get tickets!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 18:10:25

At 7/17/06 06:44 PM, redface wrote:
First of all, you're a nerd.

second, I out-right refuse to encourage this shit-eating contest that will in a matter of weeks eat up precious card space. If you really want My opinion, I hope Jen England wins. she is mega-hot.

stfu n00b.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 18:14:39

At 7/18/06 06:10 PM, Piemix wrote: stfu n00b.

hey, man, don't get mad at me 'cuz you're masterbation fodder Amy got voted of yesterday!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 18:51:27

At 7/18/06 06:14 PM, redface wrote:
At 7/18/06 06:10 PM, Piemix wrote: stfu n00b.
hey, man, don't get mad at me 'cuz you're masterbation fodder Amy got voted of yesterday!

Yes, this is very true. Amy went out, so all that's left is to kick off six more bimbos. Personally, I want either Rebecca or JT to win. Schwing!

Also, I loved yesterday when Umaga beat the holy hell outta Cena. Yeah, wigger-mania couldn't overcome Umaga, the "Samoan with grills".

Another thing before ECW tonight. I heard the theory that only little kids and women cheer for Cena. Not true...this was proven wrong last night when my dad was cheering for Cena in that match. Thoughts on this, anyone?

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 19:39:34

At 7/18/06 06:51 PM, StevensA wrote:
Another thing before ECW tonight. I heard the theory that only little kids and women cheer for Cena. Not true...this was proven wrong last night when my dad was cheering for Cena in that match. Thoughts on this, anyone?

i think that whoever came up with that is retarded. cena is one of the WWE's greatest superstars, and basically owns the title, but keeps getting cheated out of it. i think cena and edge should be in a steel cage match for the WWE title, with nobody on the side of the ring. then, cena would have the title because it's lita that keeps screwing cena out of the title. i cheer for cena and i know tons of other people who do as well.

veteran of the sonic crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 19:57:48

At 7/18/06 07:39 PM, Yoshi64900 wrote:
At 7/18/06 06:51 PM, StevensA wrote:
i think that whoever came up with that is retarded. cena is one of the WWE's greatest superstars, and basically owns the title, but keeps getting cheated out of it. i think cena and edge should be in a steel cage match for the WWE title, with nobody on the side of the ring. then, cena would have the title because it's lita that keeps screwing cena out of the title. i cheer for cena and i know tons of other people who do as well.

Well, I was looking for sympathy, but, uh...ok. God, you and my dad are alike. You guys should hang out sometime. He thinks Cena's this great champ and that he deserves to have the title.

In reality, he doesn't. People who think so must not have alot of intelligence. I myself thought this once. However, after being exposed to the secret world of pro wrestling, I decided not to have my intelligence insulted. So, I turned my back on Cena and started booing him. What really made me boo him is the fact that, after getting his ass kicked for a good 15 minutes, beat Triple H at WM22 with only 5 lousy moves.

I hope I didn't offend any Cena fans with my opinion. But, you gotta accept the fact that not everyone enjoys having the wigger fuck known as Cena being the champ.

Now, anyone else have thoughts pertaining to this matter?

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 20:28:19

At 7/18/06 07:57 PM, StevensA wrote: Now, anyone else have thoughts pertaining to this matter?

cena is entertaining and has a huge in ring presence, he also brings in the fans and money..
of course he shoud be champ.
it doesnt matter if he can wrestle or not, never has..

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 21:04:34

I can't believe Amy got eliminated!!! I voted for her like, 4 times! $4 down the toilet.... :[

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-18 21:49:32

At 7/18/06 08:28 PM, madknt wrote:
At 7/18/06 07:57 PM, StevensA wrote: Now, anyone else have thoughts pertaining to this matter?
cena is entertaining and has a huge in ring presence, he also brings in the fans and money..
of course he shoud be champ.
it doesnt matter if he can wrestle or not, never has..

Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense. All because the only thing Vince cares about is how much money he can get. But, wait until Cena becomes yesterday's news. Then it'll be someone else who gets milked and put out there as the next big thing.

Thank you for sharing your opinions. Now, is there anyone else who wants to contribute to the matter?

At 7/18/06 09:04 PM, monkeyfart7 wrote: I can't believe Amy got eliminated!!! I voted for her like, 4 times! $4 down the toilet.... :[

Sure sucks to be you, doesn't it?! Hahahaha...I feel your pain. It must suck to have wasted that money. Especially since it all goes into Vince's pocket...

To be honest, I want either JT or Rebecca to win. Other than that, I could give two shits less about this contest...

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-19 00:23:31

"The Professor's ECW report card"

Hello folks, and welcome to the first edition of my weekly report card on the land of the Extreme. Unlike past and present guys to hold the gimmick of a professor, I am neither a pompous annoying jackass. Nor am I an old man trying to get a pop from fans based on what I did in the past, and pissing on the "competition" now.

But enough about that, let's talk about the report card and what it contains:

Simply put, this is both a review of the weekly ECW on SciFi television show, and thusly, since it is the ONLY currently televised ECW programming, it will also be a grading on how the brand is doing overall. This is a purely subjective analysis, based on what I feel is the good, the bad, and the stuff that needs to be worked on. Your mileage may vary.

ECW on Sci-Fi Report Card:

Kelly Expose: Mike Knox became my hero for about 30 seconds there when he said Kelly will never take her clothes off again. I also like that they actually followed up something from the week before, and had that lead us into a match with meaning, rather then just another "look ma, ECW match!". Although we did have to watch Kelly try to strip for a minute or two. Overall Grade: B

Sandman Vs. Mike Knox: Wow, Sandman is actually wrestling this week? Great! Too bad the match wasn't. I did like that Knox made a total scumbag of himself here on two levels (letting Kelly get nailed, kicking Sandman in the balls). It was also obvious this is far from over, our first feud? I think so. Overall Grade: C

Shannon Moore promo: Just a reminder that he's coming in. Looks like he'll be an "actions speak louder then words type" I'm interested. Grade: B

Dreamer Paul E. segment: Paul E. cuts great promos, no doubt. Tommy did a hell of a job here as the man speaking for the locker room and the fans. Having Test mow Tommy down works for me here as it actually builds a decent feud, and gives the impression Test's role will be as Paul E.'s enforcer. Still not enamored to see Test, but I do like that we have another identifiable storyline on the show, and it will play to Tommy's strengths. I do wish they explained a bit more why Paul E. gave Tommy that kiss though (a kiss of death for those wondering). Grade: A-

Sabu vs. Stevie Richards: Great match, and I like that they gave this a logical reason for not having this under extreme rules. Sabu and Stevie had a great wrestling match, and I think Sabu shut up any remaining critics he may have had that he can't work without furniture. I didn't mind the lack of weapons one bit, but obviously some of the fans did. Please, please give us more matches like this! Grade: A

Balls Mahoney promo: Looks like they're going to push Balls, coolness, Balls is a very solid worker, which a lot of people forget because of his reliance on chairs, and he's one of the better ECW originals to showcase because of the fact he can work, but that he also knows how to connect with the people who just come for violence. Grade: A

CM Punk promo: Punk cuts a good promo, and I continue to hear how good he is in the ring. I like that he put over ECW as the place where the best compete as well as putting over himself. He should be a strong babyface when he finally debuts. Grade: A

Fertig promo: Fertig speaks...and it's...pretty damn good actually. Cryptic sure, but the delivery was good, and I think Ariel adds an interesting dimension to the gimmick. Now as long as Fertig isn't completely worthless in the ring, this could be a suprisingly successful gimmick. I'm intrigued, so they got the job done here. Grade: B

Big Show vs. Undertaker: Taker and Show had a good big man's match. Some like that, some hate it, I liked what I saw, as I think both men made a very good accounting of themselves here. But I certainly did not like the finish, as it not only did nothing to really help Show or ECW out here. Hell, the closing image of the show was Great Khali standing alone over a downed Taker. I understand that in this case WWE was more worried about pushing the Bash over anything else really but, goddamn I just think it's always a bad idea to end a show with something that is not going to benefit that show in any future situation. Grade: C

ECW overall:

Character development: It seems to me they are finally starting to focus in and get these guys's names out there for people. Nobody on the show tonight felt like "a random face" and the backstage promos are also helping to make these guys become actual characters for people to get behind. It's going to take time, but WWE is on the right track in this regard. Grade: B

Storyline development: After weeks of spinning it's wheels without a really clear direction or indication that any match meant anything beyond who won it or lost it, this week's show brought us the beginnings of at least two feuds, and a rematch of an earlier bout with a twist. If ECW is to succeed and hold an audience, they've got to begin building storylines up, and giving fans a reason to come back each week beyond "it's ECW, it's a wrestling show...wrestling!!! Yay!!!". They are certainly well on their way with two established storylines to use, and they've freed up some time by seemingly listening to the cries to get the repetitive segments off the show. Grade: B

Title development: Yet we are still well behind in this area. The ECW title is all well and good, and they are doing a good job of making Big Show seem like a monster, but I'm still wanting to see other ECW titles put on the show, so we don't have to rely on a Big Show title defense to be a match every week. RAW and SD! are both tag team deficient, it seems to me introducing a set of tag belts for ECW, with matches utilizing the four teams they now have in residence, would be a great way for ECW to take advantage of a weakness in the other shows. Hell, even bringing back the TV Title would do a lot to help take the pressure off the World title, which can then only be defended as a special attraction. Having a fighting champ is great, but you can't claim that when he's the ONLY champ the brand has. Grade: F

That's all for this week. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on ECW, and the Report Card in general.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-19 03:58:23

On ECW.com there is a poll up asking if you would like Kelly's Expose to continue...I think it's obvious what you're duty is here.

But just in case it's unclear: VOTE NO YOU GLORIOUS BASTARDS! MOST WWE POLLS CAN BE CHEATED BY CLEARING YOUR COOKIES!!!! SO VOTE NO A LOT IN CASE THEY'LL LISTEN TO IT!!!

That is all.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-07-19 09:07:25

At 7/19/06 03:58 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: On ECW.com there is a poll up asking if you would like Kelly's Expose to continue...I think it's obvious what you're duty is here.

i voted yes, twice.
just to spite you..
lol.
we dont get ecw in australia as far as i know [ :( ]
so it doesnt worry me.

BBS Signature