00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

** The Ng Drum & Bass Club **

32,574 Views | 216 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-07 13:54:41

Anyone here an Equinox or Ez Rollers fan? Or Reprazent?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-07 13:59:28

At 1/7/07 01:54 PM, Glib wrote: Anyone here an Equinox or Ez Rollers fan? Or Reprazent?

I like Equinox. I don't have any album though.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-07 14:53:55

My 3 fav DnB tunes gota be:
pendulum - tarantula
pendulum - slam
the professionals - flava 4 rava

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-07 21:33:58

Where could I learn to make better Drum and Bass with Reason?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-08 07:03:38

And this thread hold a tip or two.

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-08 07:57:22

API will be found on liftedmusic in time, and is on capella records (site not up atm).
Can´t wait til its done! ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-08 09:06:11

I just downloaded Ventian Snares, the complete collection. Damn their stuff is good. Reminds me of AFX.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-08 10:50:53

At 1/8/07 07:57 AM, Rucklo wrote: API will be found on liftedmusic in time, and is on capella records (site not up atm).
Can´t wait til its done! ^^

Lifted, nice :)

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-09 18:53:17

I think that High Contrast and Juanita Juarez are doing best DnB... i know they´re doing liquid funk but it´s very similar and very nice... also, pendulum and zinc are very good too...

if ya had made some pure quality dnb, send me a msg... i would like to hear it ;)

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-09 22:14:55

At 1/9/07 06:53 PM, winKoneR wrote:
if ya had made some pure quality dnb, send me a msg... i would like to hear it ;)

Check my emo bitch right here on NG ;)

High Contrast is awsome, i LOVE the song "Days Go By"! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-17 15:30:11

I made a DnB tune, twas too large for NG, so I put it on mixposure. It have alot of weird elements to it... Kinda folkmusic DnB ^^

Check it out, i spent nearly three weeks on it! ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-19 19:48:39

Wow. Check out this remix of hold your colour.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-20 06:17:05

At 1/19/07 07:48 PM, Charged wrote: Wow. Check out this remix of hold your colour.

it sounds like it´s the one from their "Essential mix" on radio 1 (england) from 2005 (scroll down a bit).

By the way, did noone listen to my latest DnB tune
Open Fields? I spent nearly three weeks on that song : ´(

i will most likley do some better mixing with it in a week or so, and then master it properly.

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-20 23:15:43

I really love the Breakbeat Science discs. They're really, really badass.

My favourite song currently would have to be 'Street Knowledge' of Kaos + Karl K. on Exercise 1.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-21 11:41:23

I'm glad the frequency of Pendulum mentions cooled off through-out the thread. They are not the only drum 'n bass artists in the world. Yes, they make hip stuff, but their style mixes pop/rock and faster breakbeats and wouldn't typically be considered drum 'n bass. They have mainstream appeal, and I respect that. They are making a huge impact worldwide with their sound and it's very impressive that an underground genre like drum 'n bass ignites such success. I'm not trying to cause an argument here, but they aren't the definition of drum 'n bass. Check out the earliest Jungle tracks by ShyFX, Goldie, Grooverider, and Bad Company UK.. you might find something you like, and you'll also see where drum 'n bass got it's roots. It wasn't always cheesy wobbly melodies and guitar strums. (ok that last comment on melodies is a bit of a stretch, Pendulum have their fair share that aren't all cheesy and guitar strummy. But they do have a song (Slam) featured in Motorstorm for PS3.)

I am not hating. I repeat, I am not hating. I had a couple of months where it was pretty much non-stop Pendulum for me and it was actually awkward to listen to anything else.

Oh and to comment on Rucklo, yes, I've got an EP on Capella Records forthcoming by early-mid year. The Lifted stuff is still pending, I've only got one track that interests anyone in that camp and even then it's not fully completed or mastered correctly.

A pal of mine, Chris (of Blu Mar Ten), is to be playing a radio show on www.MinistryofSound.com and he is going to be playing a very new track of mine called 'Set Me Free'. I think the show is tonight, but the time it is playing is unclear to me. If it doesn't occur this weekend, there will be another show next weekend.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-21 12:35:16

At 1/20/07 11:15 PM, Aoxoxoi wrote: I really love the Breakbeat Science discs. They're really, really badass.

Yeah those are good badass discs, not my favs though since I can't make up my mind on whose tracks, disks, and songs that I like.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-23 13:15:13

Lawl. I might get signed to Bustede Records. A DNB and IDM label. If you're familiar with stranjah, 0=0 or planet mu, look them up on myspace.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-23 13:17:26

I honestly don't respect pendulum that much. They are more melodic than anything. Although they are amazing producers.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-23 15:18:15

ummm... hello :) what do you think of this ? ;)

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-24 15:52:23

At 1/23/07 03:18 PM, winKoneR wrote: ummm... hello :) what do you think of this ? ;)

nice and ambient, amen break got a tad repetative, like one of the reviews already said change it every couple of bars :) felt like it neeed some bass but I quite liked the feeling of it!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-24 16:00:49

At 1/23/07 01:15 PM, Glib wrote: Lawl. I might get signed to Bustede Records. A DNB and IDM label. If you're familiar with stranjah, 0=0 or planet mu, look them up on myspace.

0=0 is quality! Have heard of the others but haven't got around to listening yet =_=

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-25 19:15:58

I just finished off a nice dnb work here and thought the DnB club might like it =)

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-27 06:00:33

Cool song, sine. The bassline really rings a bell though... Feels like you were pendulum inspred? ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-28 12:33:41

Has anyone metioned HIgh Contrast yet? He's a pretty good drum and bass artist.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-29 16:07:22

At 1/28/07 12:33 PM, IQ-3000 wrote: Has anyone metioned HIgh Contrast yet? He's a pretty good drum and bass artist.

he´s been mentioned... nad yeah he definitley is fantastic ^^

Does anyone have any cool ideas for DnB cross-genres? ^^

DnB+.... Bluegrass? ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-29 17:31:57

I definatly wanna join guys, Im a jungle/DnB fanatic, fav artists Evol Intent, Resonant Evil, Gridlok Dieselboy, and Kaos

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-01-31 21:02:18

check out this shizz.

Really gritty bassline and scary effects... It's a preview, so tell me what I should fix!

JAJAJAJAJA

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-02-07 18:28:21

omg, that was amazing, that sounds a lot like sumthin made by Evol Intent! Man keep workin on timebomb! I wish u were on iTunes!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-02-10 18:14:37

At 1/29/07 04:24 PM, Karbon wrote: I'll post more later.

Thanks for those. Few myspaces to enjoy:

dj hype
ganja records
shy fx - very chillout.

Randomly going to this over 25's club tomorrow as the origional place got moved, so lets hope they have some good tunes :)

** The Ng Drum & Bass Club **

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-02-11 15:42:26

I guess I'm in :).

My favorite artists right now are the following, in alphabetical order of course.

Artificial Intelligence
Bill Laswell
Bulletproof
Calyx
Cyantific
Clipz
Commix <- 'Tychoon' is one of my favorite songs.
Concord Dawn
Danny Byrd
Dieselboy
Entity <- 'Portugal' is an awesome song by them.
The Green Man Feat Dragoon <- 'Easy' is a pretty awesome song, but the lyrics throw me off.
D Bridge
D. Kay
Influx UK
Jamalski
Juju
Konflict
Submerged
Logistics <- Hell yes! 'The Trip' ftw.
London Elektrcity <- 'Power Ballads' is good.
Makoto <- 'Take My Soul Baby'
Marko Man <- 'Dope'
Noisia <- 'Massada' and 'Monster'
Nuyorican Soul <- I don't even think they are DnB But I like their song 'I Am the Black Gold of the Sun'
Pendulum <- Duh
Phobia <- 'Look For Me'
Publike <- 'Deliver'
Q Project <- 'Soul Star'
Rawthang <- 'Unity'
Seba <- All their songs are awesome.
Sonic and Ed Rush <- 'Kinetic'
Soulproof & ICR <- 'My Love'
Suv <- Hell yes, don't we all love SUV?
Syncopix <- 'Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy'
Syncopix and MTC Yaw <- 'Fade Away'

Fuck it I'm not listening all of the one's I like.

I'll now post a link to one of my favorite mixes of all time!

Tardis Sound (September 2005) - mixed by DJ Finny