00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

** The Ng Drum & Bass Club **

32,552 Views | 216 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-10-29 09:50:51

Howdy folks, im a drum and bass artist here new on newgrounds but i have been producing for 8 years, I started posting some non-dnb tracks upon joining, although i mainly do drum and bass. If there any other dnb producers here shoot me a msg with some msn details, id love to talk dnb production with folks.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 10:50:17

Hey guys.

Who here likes Omni Trio? He's probably the best Idnb/Atmospheric dnb artist out there (rivaled by LTJ Bukem, but nobody can really compete). I just bought his album "Rogue Satellite." It's awesome! He pretty much keeps the style of his previous songs, though.

My favorite track by him is "Who Are You (Original 12" Mix)" because of the warm analog chord. It sounds so nice, but has dark undertones. Its from his Album "The Haunted Science," possibly one of the best idnb albums out there, even though it was made in '96.

So, what did you guys think of Form and Function Volume 2? Personally, I think that it really didn't follow most traditional dnb concepts, but was still awesome in its own way.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 13:44:57

At 11/4/07 10:50 AM, navij11 wrote: Who here likes Omni Trio?

Yeah, i've only got one of his tunes at the moment - Renegade Snares, it's a classic.

I just bought his album "Rogue Satellite." It's awesome! He pretty much keeps the style of his previous songs, though.

I'll try and get hold of it.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 17:38:51

Pendulum played where I live recently. :)
Couldn't go though... :(

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-04 19:32:45

At 11/4/07 01:44 PM, Charged wrote:
At 11/4/07 10:50 AM, navij11 wrote: Who here likes Omni Trio?
Yeah, i've only got one of his tunes at the moment - Renegade Snares, it's a classic.

Is it the Foul Play VIP mix? That ones the best! I don't really like the original because it uses the amen, rather than custom drums, and Omni Trio make drums that fit the style perfectly.

I'll try and get hold of it.

I picked it up off of Amazon, as an import, so it was around 20 dollars. I'm sure you can get it for less in the UK, but its going to lighten up your pocket a bit if you buy in America.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-05 04:16:10

At 11/4/07 07:32 PM, navij11 wrote: Is it the Foul Play VIP mix?

Yeah, from Andy C / Grooveriders new album. I didn't really like Omni Trio's album, I'm into more jump-up dnb.

Check out:
Brockie & Ed Solo - Reprisents (chase & status remix)
Brockie & Ed Solo - Turntable 1
(Undiluted (UD014))

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-05 06:59:35

At 9/17/07 05:22 PM, YunVeroz wrote: Ez, I'm a Moving Shadow/Shogun/Renegade Hardware man myself, massive lables with some massive dark sounds.

Haha nice one, all about the oldschool :D
Charged, please don't advertise piracy... drum & bass has low enough sales as it is, next there'll be no music to listen to at all :/

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-05 16:45:53

At 11/5/07 04:16 AM, Charged wrote: Yeah, from Andy C / Grooveriders new album. I didn't really like Omni Trio's album, I'm into more jump-up dnb.

Aww, Jump Up *cough*aphrodite*cough* all sounds the same! Like Pendulum. And *cough*aphrodite*cough*.

Anyone know any good Atmospheric artists, not including LTJ Bukem?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 17:10:43

At 11/5/07 04:45 PM, navij11 wrote: Anyone know any good Atmospheric artists, not including LTJ Bukem?

Try these :)
Sunchase, Blu Mar Ten, Nookie, some of Klute's stuff, Mutt, Alix Perez and Icicle.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 17:34:45

What's up? Bigtime DnB lover here, my tastes run all over the place, from ambient/intelligent (LTJ Bukem, Jodeci), to Thumpin' and Stompin' (TC, Pendulum, J Majik), to Liquid Funk (High Contrast, Klute), to Neurofunk and Darkstep (Evol Intent, Spor, Nightwalker).

I'm an ammy DJ that gets a lot of playtime in my area, since it's a small town and there aren't many more, and I've been into the genre for years, so if you got any questions, feel free...though I'm sure there are people here that know more than me.

However, as much as I love DnB, I love the Jungle scene even more...anybody with me?

NG Junglists, big up yourselves! Nice thread!

a

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 18:05:58

At 11/7/07 05:10 PM, Zodiak7 wrote:
At 11/5/07 04:45 PM, navij11 wrote: Anyone know any good Atmospheric artists, not including LTJ Bukem?
Try these :)
Sunchase, Blu Mar Ten, Nookie, some of Klute's stuff, Mutt, Alix Perez and Icicle.

k. I shall. I looked for Mutt and Alix Perez already, Geier told me too, but now I'll look for those others.

In other news, Flare/StereoTactik/SadSpoon blocked me from AIM!

In actual drum and bass other news, my reeses suck. Tips on improvement? I can make the synth, but I can't do the automation stuff thats equally, if not more important. I have reason available as a resampled synthmaking tool, but I refuse to arrange in reason... Its sequencer sucks, even in Reason 4.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 18:34:36

alreet, went to see high contrast last week, he was absolutely mint, supported by cyantific and logistics, i swear to god i nearly came when kiss kiss bang bang came on.

We are legion, for we are many.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-07 18:52:55

At 11/7/07 06:34 PM, Razor-Monkey wrote: alreet, went to see high contrast last week, he was absolutely mint, supported by cyantific and logistics, i swear to god i nearly came when kiss kiss bang bang came on.

Lucky dog... LOGISTICS RULEZZZ....

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-11 19:37:14

go drums!

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-11-14 22:06:57

Ok, what do you guys think of Squarepusher? Personally, I like a lot of his stuff. Opinions?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-12-15 03:30:00

Hi, I'm JacksonTheAlt and I uploaded an (uncompleted) drum n bass track. Can you guys give me your honest opinion about it?

Thanx in advance.

I'm an alt.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-12-16 10:50:05

At 12/15/07 03:30 AM, JacksonTheAlt wrote: Hi, I'm JacksonTheAlt and I uploaded an (uncompleted) drum n bass track. Can you guys give me your honest opinion about it?

Thanx in advance.

I finished the song. Please comment.

yep, he's my alt and his name is jackson

sup

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-12-17 18:19:38

At 12/16/07 10:50 AM, Apocalypse wrote: I finished the song. Please comment.

Not really drum and bass... There was no reese or even a sub, I think. And it was too slow. Try listening to some drum and bass before trying to make some. No, not NG drum and bass. REAL drum and bass, like Spor or Noisia.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-02-12 12:58:37

I think you all should check out the Lifted Podcast... especially if you're fans of Spor, Apex, Evol Intent, or Ewun. They've got 10 podcasts, all averaging 30,000+ listens each. They're very top quality.

http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podcast/L ifted_Music_Show_003_-_Spor_and_Chris_Re negade.mp3

^ That one features one of my songs (I'm the "Geier" artist)

anddd... number 10 features a remix done by Misha of the song featured in 003.

http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podcast/L ifted_Music_Show_010_-_Spor_and_Chris_Re negade.mp3

Anyways, not really trying to self advertise here (:3)

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-02-12 13:16:22

Thanx Geier, a good mix is always sweet to have! :)

Take it ez man!

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-02-13 05:37:44

I just now listened to the mixes... man, "solar" is fucking awesome, great job man! Been a while since I heard any of your work (or WIP's). You've grown!

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2008-04-24 14:14:27

At 12/27/06 07:28 PM, Aerosphere wrote: If you like listening to Pendulum, you can locate some of his tracks on Radioblogclub,

I don't know if anyone's corrected this yet, but it's just bothering me... Pendulum is a BAND, not one guy. And they've evolved out of DnB. I don't like them all that much anymore. (Not that I used to lol)

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-04-29 12:05:33

I will now attempt to perform magic and revive this club!

I've recently started getting into drum & bass since a lot of my friends at university have been into it for a LONG time.

Right now I'm listening to stuff like B Complex, Matrix & Futurebound, Brookes Brothers, High Contrast... etc. I quite often go to drum & bass clubs in London (any UK'ers heard of Fabric?), and a lot of these guys play live sets there, which is pretty awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-09-26 10:13:32

I too will attempt to revive it!

At 4/29/09 12:05 PM, NEVR wrote: I've recently started getting into drum & bass since a lot of my friends at university have been into it for a LONG time.

smart friends lol

Right now I'm listening to stuff like B Complex, Matrix & Futurebound, Brookes Brothers, High Contrast... etc. I quite often go to drum & bass clubs in London (any UK'ers heard of Fabric?), and a lot of these guys play live sets there, which is pretty awesome.

Duuuuuude we have the same taste. Although I also like neurofunk and darkstep, liquid/trancestep is my favorite. Matrix & Futurebound and the Brookes Brothers are so epic. You should check out Camo & Krooked if you like this kind of D&B. They're awesome.

Also, I've heard of Fabric. Too bad I'm from the US though...

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-09-26 11:26:57

Doesn't anybody here listen to the prodigy?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-11-19 13:48:22

At 9/26/09 11:26 AM, Fjobbi wrote: Doesn't anybody here listen to the prodigy?

i got pendulums remix of "voodoo people" on vinyl - and the b-side includes the original version of "out of space".

BANGIIINNNGGGGG >:)

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-11-19 17:18:37

At 4/29/09 12:05 PM, NEVR wrote: I will now attempt to perform magic and revive this club!

I've recently started getting into drum & bass since a lot of my friends at university have been into it for a LONG time.

Going to Fabric on the 28th of Nov.

Been listening to this tune quite a lot recently. It's fairly old, but still a good track.

Brookes Brothers vs Futurebound - Dawntreader

he's jus' a rascal...

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-11-20 08:42:00

I was on youtube today tryin to find all the tunes for John B's November Drum 'n' Bass podcast... which went as the following

1. // Casio Social Club - Spirit Of the Night
2. // Spor - Halogen
3. // Subwave - First Time
4. // Alix Pirez - I'm Free
5. // Blu Mar Ten - Starting Over (2009 Remix)
6. // Camo & Krooked - Time is Ticking Away
7. // Brookes Brothers - Last Night
8. // Spor - Kingdom
9. // MRSA - MAN
10. // Sub Focus - Vaporise
11. // Steve Hoang - Tell Me Why (MRSA Remix)
12. // Deadmau5 - Ghosts 'n' Stuff (Subfocus Remix)
13. // GMOROZOV - Internet=Hate
14. // Gossip - 2012
15. // Blockhe4d - Spinhead
16. // Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Burning
17. // Trei ft. Thomas Oliver - Lead Me On
18. // Blu Mar Ten - Believe Me
19. // John B - Gollum (L PLUS Remix)
20. // The Struggle - Subsonik & Terrevita Remix

I found all but a couple of those tracks and was quite pleased. Thing is i came across a helluva lot more than i thought i would :P and to be perfectly honest they were awesome.

One tune i am listening to now i want you all to check out is this... Brookes Brothers - Last Night
- <a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx0Uml BDn Yg<a>
It gets funky at about 1:05 and i really love it, the vocals are awesome with some nectar bass in the background its not real deep and dark but more fast and happy. Seriously its one to keep an eye on =]

Secondly, if you loved Deadmau5's hit 'I remember' and love dnb then you will love this remix by 'J Majik & Wickaman' - <a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXFOAE f3b GA<a>
It really is cool, it has all those elements that made the hit so cool, but this time with some extra umf... and it was achieved superbly!

Another awesome tune is a remix of a remix... not done very often i must admit! Its the Brookes Brothers remix of Shinichi Osawa's remix of the Chemical Brothers' hit 'Star Guitar' (Wow that was a mouthful.) ... <a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05XBKf cZn kk&feature=fvw<a>
It just makes you want to get up and dance! It really does, it puts atmosphere in any empty room. One thing that i think is special about this is putting all that tempo and sound into it... yet still making it relaxing and uplifting. A bit of a contradiction form making you want to dance but it does, there are many elements to this that make it special! Check this one out!

One tune i am really feeling at the moment, and i mean really feel! Is the 'Original Sin's' Remix of Ebony Dubsters 'Ra' - <a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VrnC MhJ sQ<a>
I can't be too sure whether to class it as jump up or not, but it definatly has that awesome bass to make it qualify above others!!! You can really feel the love in that bass and its never dull, im sure hardcore fans will definatly enjoy this! =D

Last but not least! J Majik & Wickaman once again with 'Feel about you' (Original Sin Remix)... <a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yIC_
7mf
zw<a>
Short and sweet but definatly worth a listen, its got good stuff and has that nectar bass once again! So check this out!

Hope you enjoyed those tracks and i'll be copying this to my profile posts so you can read this again, enjoy and leave comments below!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-11-20 08:52:28

Ok, those links screwed up... ill try again

Brookes Brothers - Last Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx0UmlBDn Yg

Deadmau5 - I Remember (J Majik & Wickaman Remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXFOAEf3b GA

Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar (Brookes Brothers Remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05XBKfcZn kk

Ebony Dubsters - Ra (Original Sin Remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VrnCMhJ sQ

J Majik & Wickaman - Feel About You (Original Sin Remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yIC_7mf zw

There we go =D enjoy!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2009-12-12 18:11:04

At 11/20/09 08:52 AM, Dannyboi93 wrote: Deadmau5 - I Remember (J Majik & Wickaman Remix) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXFOAEf3b GA

that remix is such a banger, love the original, love the remix!

Wakka wakka