00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

** The Ng Drum & Bass Club **

32,514 Views | 216 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-03-27 09:36:40

At 3/25/07 10:03 PM, StereoTactik wrote: a lot

Just let them listen to music they like man, they will get bored of pendulum eventually. I did and I bet you did aswell. As for the "DNGB" you speak of, I know what you mean but if you don't like it just don't listen to it I guess. And yes pendulum is not really dnb except for the drum pattern. They're more of a (crappy?) rock group.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-03-28 23:32:19

dude i made 2 DnB songs and they suck ass...

DnB is hard to understand. Poeple think it's easy.... I slap them and spit in there eye...

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-03-29 17:32:41

At 3/25/07 10:03 PM, StereoTactik wrote: Drum NG Bass (DngB).

I dig it! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-09 08:11:21

Speaking of Hospital Records, does anyone know where I can get hold of 8 Bit Blues by Syncopix? I've heard it on Bassdrive a couple of times and it rocks so hard. You can hear a preview of it here.
(If anyone has a copy of it I'd appreciate it if you could send it me.. )

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-11 15:20:44

May I join??

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-12 15:51:03

So... Unknown Error split up :'( apparently one half of the duo had almost no time to produce/spin due to his mariage. At least that's what I heard. Rob will keep producing under the name "Apex". Wich is a good thing since he was the brain behind all of UE's music (again, so I've heard).

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-13 22:47:22

At 12/27/06 06:46 PM, Charged wrote: Now that NG hasn’t had a decent active DnB club for more than 2 years, I thought it was time for a fresh start. Please don't post here if you don't have anything constructive to add!

Feel free to discuss your favorite artists, tracks, albums, past/upcoming live events and news etc.

The rules are basic, just follow the standard NG rules - and try to make some conversation!

Not to sound like a prick, but what is Drum and Bass? I heard one song the other day at the Audio portal, but it occured to me that the song had no bass, only a drum beat and some violins. Now, I play bass guitar, if any of you need me , I'm up for grabs.I mean,is Drum and Bass more like DJ Mixes, Techno, etc.?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-14 09:00:39

At 4/13/07 10:47 PM, Vercetti008 wrote: Not to sound like a prick, but what is Drum and Bass? I heard one song the other day at the Audio portal, but it occured to me that the song had no bass, only a drum beat and some violins. Now, I play bass guitar, if any of you need me , I'm up for grabs.I mean,is Drum and Bass more like DJ Mixes, Techno, etc.?

Drum and bass (commonly abbreviated to DnB, dnb, drum n bass and drum & bass) is a type of electronic dance music also known as jungle. Emerging in the early 1990s, the genre is characterised by fast tempo broken beat drums (generally between 160 & 180 beats per minute) with heavy, often intricate basslines. Today, drum and bass is still considered an underground musical style, but its currents of influence run throughout popular music and culture.
-wikipedia

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-15 15:35:20

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=68 6025

that's a tutorial on the basics of reeses and slicing I did.. enjoy! :D

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-15 18:38:30

At 4/14/07 09:00 AM, Zodiak7 wrote:
At 4/13/07 10:47 PM, Vercetti008 wrote: Not to sound like a prick, but what is Drum and Bass? I heard one song the other day at the Audio portal, but it occured to me that the song had no bass, only a drum beat and some violins. Now, I play bass guitar, if any of you need me , I'm up for grabs.I mean,is Drum and Bass more like DJ Mixes, Techno, etc.?
Drum and bass (commonly abbreviated to DnB, dnb, drum n bass and drum & bass) is a type of electronic dance music also known as jungle. Emerging in the early 1990s, the genre is characterised by fast tempo broken beat drums (generally between 160 & 180 beats per minute) with heavy, often intricate basslines. Today, drum and bass is still considered an underground musical style, but its currents of influence run throughout popular music and culture.
-wikipedia

Well I've heard a crapload of songs in the portal that are classified " Drum and Bass" and they have no bass. Don't tell me the bass you're reffering to is a subwoofer boom.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-16 08:29:36

At 4/15/07 06:38 PM, Vercetti008 wrote: Well I've heard a crapload of songs in the portal that are classified " Drum and Bass" and they have no bass. Don't tell me the bass you're reffering to is a subwoofer boom.

Yes alot of the portal stuff is just classified wrongly.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-17 15:17:39

Been listening to UK Bass Radio alot recently, it's usually pretty good, tune in sometime.

Anyone know much about decks? A mate is selling
these for £150, think it's worth it?

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-19 06:59:26

"I don't need you... anymore"

heard a dnb tune with these lyrics, woman singing in a high voice, anyone know what this is called or who by? really desperate to get this...

cheers

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-19 07:13:00

At 4/17/07 03:17 PM, Charged wrote: Anyone know much about decks? A mate is selling
these for £150, think it's worth it?

To be honest, I wouldn't say they are worth it, even if the mixer is included. They will be belt drive (which makes mixing very difficult as the slightest touch and the record will stop, also take ages to come back up to speed) and also look old and worn. In addition to this, they are soundlab, which are a really crappy make.

If you really don't have much money, there are loads of combined belt-drive deals in ebay like this:

Belt drive decks package on ebay

I would reccomend getting some budget direct-drive decks if you can tho, they will be a lot nicer to mix on and you basically get more for the more you spend.

Here are a couple of cheap direct-drive deals:
direct drive numark tt1650 x 2 (2hrs left no bids or reserve £100)

Vestax pdx2000 x 2 (GOOD decks for the price) 5hrs left @ £130 now

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-19 08:00:21

At 4/19/07 07:13 AM, j2496i wrote: I would reccomend getting some budget direct-drive decks if you can tho, they will be a lot nicer to mix on and you basically get more for the more you spend.

x2000 x 2 (GOOD decks for the price) 5hrs left @ £130 now

Yea, i'll probably just save and get some decent ones, seeing as I don't really have anywhere to put them right now.

This sale on ebay caught my eye yesterday, you might want to check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-21 14:32:09

At 3/28/07 11:32 PM, Father-of-Death wrote: dude i made 2 DnB songs and they suck ass...

DnB is hard to understand. Poeple think it's easy.... I slap them and spit in there eye...

Thats an understatement. DnB has the most complex rhythms and requires a fair amount of techincal excellence, thats why I practice with sliced drum sample whenever I can.
DnB with synth is still damn good though, Paragon's 'Defection' is a prime example of it being used to accentuate the drumbeat.

Just because you think you are true drum and bass by keeping it to a simpler formula doesn't make it so. You can't hold it down to a single genre and expect people to take interest. If that were the case many decent 'DnB' artists would have never appeared, for instance Shy FX or LTJ Bukem.

I think the DnB club should stay open minded as to what DnB is, you can hear a DnB piece and know that someone is looking for a good tune and not just trying to outdo another in terms of bass depth or speed of drums.

... and on that note, I wouldn't mind actively contributing to an NG DnB club both in discussion and music, if that were ok?

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-04-23 10:50:01

At 3/30/07 07:59 PM, DjDTM wrote: So yea, I'm in love with Hospital Records.
Anyone else?

I think so, I heard a song I think was by them the lyrics were something like 'have ya heard...ooo have ya heard', think you can name it and some other good hospital records tracks?

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-05-05 01:47:27

At 4/21/07 02:32 PM, TwistedArcade wrote:

:: Thats an understatement. DnB has the most complex rhythms and requires a fair amount of techincal excellence, thats why I practice with sliced drum sample whenever I can.

DnB with synth is still damn good though, Paragon's 'Defection' is a prime example of it being used to accentuate the drumbeat.

True Dat!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-05-07 22:31:29

At 4/21/07 02:32 PM, TwistedArcade wrote: DnB has the most complex rhythms...

I have to disagree with you on that statement. While, DnB does have more complex rhythms then most electronic music, or any music you might hear, it still isn't as complex as some of that IDM and DrillnBass music. A lot of those types of genres include polyrhythms and different layered time signatures, as apposed to a single time signature throughout.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-06-04 16:38:15

I made a quick 20-min mix of some of my favorite DnB.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5IP3CKXK
Track Listing:
1. Spor - 1 Up - Lifted - 00:00
2. Noisia - Subdue - Renegade Hardware - 2:13
3. Aphrodite - Dub Moods - Aphrodite - 4:27
4. Noisia - Block Control - Moving Shadow - 5:56
5. Spor - Knock You Down - Lifted - 9:17
6. Ed Rush & Optical - Goodfoot - Virus - 11:52
7. Noisia - Concussion - Vision - 14:02
8. Unknown Error - Sucker Punch - Lifted - 15:45
9. Kryptic Minds & Leon Switch - More Like You (Unknown Error Remix) - Defcon - 18:50
10. Noisia - The Tide - Vision - 19:39

Enjoy!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-06-10 13:21:54

Hey guys....i just found out about this DnB club...didn´t know NG actually had a DnB fanbase, but whaddya know. Well, when i lived in England i used to listen to it alot, but because of my parents decision to come to live here in Spain, i rarely listen to it now, and if i do it´s usually old stuff i got, or have downloaded, as here in Spain DnB is not heard at all.

Being DnB fans i´m sure you´ve have heard of ´the chopper´ song. Thats been one of my favourites since i heard it when it was made.

Here is a link to that tune with some hardcore MCing over it, check it out....great stuff....

Oh, and nice links on the first page....listening to radio now! ^_^

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-06-24 15:52:23

At 6/10/07 01:21 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Here is a link to that tune with some hardcore MCing over it, check it out....great stuff....

Yea nice tune, if you like that see what you think of this

Good site for new dnb tunes & downloads: http://download.breakbeat.co.uk/

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-06-26 16:38:42

Great track, hadn´t heard it before....love the MCing. Nice and fast!

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-08-25 17:32:00

there's a quite newly started dnb concept in my town, it have been going on for about 4 months now (this being hte fourth, and they only play on saturday at the end of each month. now, im fucking tired, but i still feel like going. bleh...

anyway, fun shit.

bored--..-

Wakka wakka

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-17 17:22:28

Ez, I'm a Moving Shadow/Shogun/Renegade Hardware man myself, massive lables with some massive dark sounds.

Some personal favorites of mine, whether it's dropping it in a mix on a big system (Valve Sound System, anyone :D) or listening at home, they're quality artists for sure.

Noisia
Phace
Teebee & Calyx (their recent EP 'Warrior' is MASSIVE innit)
Bulletproof
Inside Info (not very mainstream, if you like Pendulum check this guy out, he's been featured on Radio1 Xtra LOADS of times)
Ed Rush & Optical (need I say more?)

Personally I'm not a fan of Pendulum's work nowadays, they've taken a very Pop-ish route to drum n bass, trying to make it more main stream with their live band doodads. Although I still worship Rob like a god... such a sick engineer in that krew. The reece in their 'Bacteria' remix still makes me wanna brock out.

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-18 15:49:32

Actually, Pendulum tried some Intelligent drum n bass, y'know, the jazzy stuff. Like Girl in the fire, its good and jazzy, but I prefer, like you, the heavy stuff xD

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-19 04:46:38

Well lads, I'm going to see Noisia live on 20th of October which is rather convenient as I turn 18 on the 7th, thus not only will I be able to get in but I will finally buy my own alcohol and not get someone else to do it. And of course there will be other recreational substances... I'm getting real excited :D

There is nothing you can name that is more delicious and awesome than Subway.

I run on Mountain Dew.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-09-29 08:16:20

Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-10-12 05:13:47

At 9/29/07 08:16 AM, McPaper wrote: Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag

Old but good.
Try The Upbeats, they're Australian I think. Tracks to look for:
View From The Inside
Lick-a-Demon
Black Flea
The Gospel
In & Out

There is nothing you can name that is more delicious and awesome than Subway.

I run on Mountain Dew.

BBS Signature

Response to ** The Ng Drum & Bass Club ** 2007-10-21 20:03:24

Few things. If you live in the UK, lock into 87.5 FM, playing mostly dnb, UK garage etc. My mate has a set mondays 6-8, listen online at uksfinest.org.uk/.

Also check out:

10 Years Of Drum & Bass Arena - Andy C/Grooverider
A new massive mash up of all the latest dnb tunes, lovin this.
'TC''s new album 'Evolution' is pretty good too.
isohunt.com is your friend, peace.

BBS Signature