00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Thanksgiving!

12,211 Views | 118 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:04:09

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was thinking this would be a good time for everyone to talk about what they are thankful for this year!

I'm thankful that we survived our first year with a Newgrounds office, having managed to knock some years off the mortgage while still growing the team, running a number great contests and being a platinum sponsor of the Child's Play Charity.

I'm thankful for the success of events like Pico Day, Clock Day and Halloween.

I was hoping I could say I was thankful that we finished the site redesign, but alas, it is still an ongoing project and something for everyone to look forward to.

Still, I'm thankful for all the features we DID release this year! We unveiled a new and improved tank logo, created an area for PSP/iPod downloads and introduced the private messaging system and art forum. Existing features were enhanced and our hosting environment was upgraded significantly, ensuring we have room for growth in the years to come.

We survived "the great changing of the names", where thousands of users had to remove the underscores and trailing/leading dashes from their names to accomodate the upcoming arrival of user sub-domains.

I'm thankful that we didn't get sued for beating up K-Fed, Britney and their baby.

I'm thankful for all the publicity we received, with appearances on Attack of the Show and in magazines such as Wired, who called NG "the largest collection of Flash animation on the Net." I'm also grateful for the response from the crowds at Comic-Con, IGF and PAX.

I'm thankful for the promotional Sumo chairs we received and now use in lieu of conference room furniture. I'm also thankful that the conference room is finished and no longer looks like the mess we created.

I'm thankful that April stays by my side through all this crazyness and work-obsession!

I'm grateful for Rantdog vs Turkeyzilla! Due to the big Halloween and Christmas contests we are running this year, there haven't been many Thanksgiving submissions to fill the gap. I'm glad we got at least one good one. :)

We have a lot of surprises in store for everyone in the coming months, so there should be a lot to be thankful for in 2007. Let's all just hope this Internet thing keeps working out for everyone!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:06:20

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:06:32

Heh, I read this thread while eating my own meal, though I'm hoping I'll have room for more.

Nice list of things to be thankful for. Too bad the update wasn't here by now, but hey, it's coming soon. That's something to be thankful for.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:07:15

At 11/23/06 12:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Happy Thanksgiving!
I was thinking this would be a good time for everyone to talk about what they are thankful for this year!

I am thankful for Newgrounds ever existing. Also, I am thankful for my family, who loves and cares for me. So yeah, Happy Thanksgiving Newgrounders!

I'm thankful for the success of events like Pico Day, Clock Day and Halloween.

Good times, Good times.

I was hoping I could say I was thankful that we finished the site redesign, but alas, it is still an ongoing project and something for everyone to look forward to.

Hehehe, take your time.

We have a lot of surprises in store for everyone in the coming months, so there should be a lot to be thankful for in 2007. Let's all just hope that this Internet thing keeps working out for everyone!

Can't wait till all that happens in the coming future and in 2007.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:08:14

I'm thankful for you Tom <3

What a good looking mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:09:01

Ah, personally, being in university and starting to get the hang of things...

Internet wise? I'm glad I'm not as post dependant or attention seeking as I once was here on NG.

Still, I'm thankful for all the features we DID release this year! We unveiled a new and improved tank logo, created an area for PSP/iPod downloads and introduced the private messaging system.

Yeah, there's a lot of people, including myself, wondering when the new layout is coming like nothing else was done this year....those are some pretty big things.

I'm thankful for the promotional Sumo chairs...

I want one of those pretty badly...there are only 2 chairs in my dorm room...

We have a lot of surprises in store for everyone in the coming months, so there should be a lot to be thankful for in 2007. Let's all just hope that this Internet thing keeps working out for everyone!

Haha, I think the net will be around for at least a little longer :P

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:09:29

I'm thankful for... everything! Happy Thanksgiving!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:09:34

Yes, clock day is definitely a wonderful event.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:10:26

I'm thankful for Newgrounds

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:11:10

At 11/23/06 12:06 PM, Gabe wrote: Tom, you're too thankful

Or maybe, just maybe, not thankful enough. I am thankful for my vast amount of promised gifts in the holiday season and that everyone is healthy and will live another year.

I'm getting a Wii, 2 games, New Computer, Wacom Tablet, 1 gig flashdrive, and my birthday is on Christmas (I'm jewish) so I can't wait until then.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:11:24

Happy thanksgiving!

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:11:34

Heh, it's a shame they didn't have any Flash support for the DS.
Anyway, I'm thankful fo...Oh wait I'm a Brit. Nvm.

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:12:47

I'm thankful for those art threads, they saved my sense of humor.

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:13:38

Happy Thanksgiving to you Americans. :P

Since I live in the UK and don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I won't mention about what I am thankful for. Enjoy the rest of your day, Tom.

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:14:30

I'm thankful to have such an awesome site that anyone can come to and we actually have power about what comes in and out and people to moderate everything that goes on... you have a lot of things your thankful for tom

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:14:39

At 11/23/06 12:12 PM, TenSecondTom wrote: I'm thankful for those art threads, they saved my sense of humor.

You got to admit, that was a nice touch to the forums.

I am thankful for getting a 360 this year, gears of war, and call of duty 3.

But mostly my family :)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:16:05

Sounds yummy.

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:16:49

I am thankful for getting to know newgrounds because I've learned a lot about flash and web design.

I'm thankful for TomFulp because we've had lods of conversations, even though he still probably doesn't know me....lol

I'm thankful for WadeFulp and Afro-Ninja because when my account was hacked those 2 (and tom) helped me all the way through it.

I'm thankful for that guy who hacked my account, because it tought me a lot. (Like never forgetting not to post your password in some database code that you think is safe)

I'm thankful for the newgrouds layout that's coming up soon.....

And i'm thankful for everyone here at newgrounds.

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:17:37

Make a Thanksgiving banner, now.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:17:53

Im thankful Tom didnt plug Alien Hominid.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:18:34

At 11/23/06 12:06 PM, Complete wrote: Someone beat you to it.

Uh yeah, Tom's not going to make a topic just because someone else made a slightly similar one... retard.

Anyways, that's kinda funny that there was only 1 Thanksgiving Flash this year :P
Although, most Thanksgiving flashes would obviously be from the US, since the rest of the world, being 125% witches, don't celebrate Thanksgiving :[

I'm thankful for mah penis LOLOL

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:21:58

I'm kind of sad there wasn't a Thanksgiving-themed art contest this month, nor was there a Thanksgiving Newgrounds top banner. I hope we'll get the new site design before the end of the year. I'm really excited to see what it looks like.

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:23:18

i'm thankful for going shopping tomorrow =0

sales like crazy yo

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:24:38

At 11/23/06 12:18 PM, MadCow wrote:
Uh yeah, Tom's not going to make a topic just because someone else made a slightly similar one... retard.

Seems like you didn't get a joke, of course I knew Tom wouldn't give a shit at all...retard.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:26:04

Im thankful for the flaswh my mom won't let me get.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:26:42

In the Newgrounds sense, I am thankful for my promotion to mod and the warm reception from tehe Flash forum and mod team. I am also thankful for the nearly 50 developers who have worked on Flashwiki.net, by which they are helping out new developers and curious minds.

In a personal sense, I am thankful for the nice weather and the troops overseas.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:28:10

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

I'm thankful for having such awesome legs, being so hot, basketball, and Newgrounds!

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:36:01

At 11/23/06 12:24 PM, Complete wrote:
At 11/23/06 12:18 PM, MadCow wrote:
Seems like you didn't get a joke, of course I knew Tom wouldn't give a shit at all...retard.

Shut the fuck up, Faggot.

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:46:00

I am thankful for the staff on newgrounds, them making this the best site in the world.

<3

Response to Happy Thanksgiving! 2006-11-23 12:48:55

Happy Thnksgiving Tom.

Bouncin' all around the world, I'm a little bunny...rabbit. You want my dick? Come grab it.

BBS Signature