00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kinoki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Would you like to be a mod?

100,327 Views | 1,605 Replies

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 22:16:54

I'd like to be a forum mod someday. I'm fairly regular and am nearly always active on the forums a few times a week. Sometimes I'll spend a big stretch on here on weekends. I have a good grasp of the forum rules and have been a member of Newgrounds for quite some time. I know I'm considered young and unqualified, but I'm very mature in my age and postings. It's always been sort of a sidegoal of mine to become a NG forum mod among other things.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 22:35:19

I might as well give it a shot. I hope you take me into consideration and I'll do my best to convince you :)

Forum Mod - Yes, I would most definitely dedicate my time to serve and enforce the rules of the BBS because I love it here so much! I do consider myself a regular since I've been active in the forums for almost a year now and I always try to make intelligent and/or acceptable posts. Not to sound arrogant or anything, but I do consider myself a very mature user, this does not mean I lack a good personality though :) And yes, I'm 14 (turning 15 tomorrow), but I want you to know that this may be an advantage, here's my insight: Because many of today's problems come from peope around my age group (let's face it guys, this is how the 13 year old sterotype was born), I can relate to them more closely and know how they think. I've also had experience with handling responsibility because of my time managing a club thread in the BBS, namely the NGPD. I'm a generally easy guy to get along with and I pretty much know my way around the BBS. Anyways, thanks for the opportunity Wade!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:29:37

Probbably a review mod, because alot of people see reviews and I think that abusive reviews completley ruin the whole idea of a review system. People reviewing a flash movie saying "lawl, uR 5uch @ f@g11!1!1!" ruin it for everyone.

And im probbably on newgrounds about 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM on week days and 1:00 PM to 3:00 AM on weekends.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:30:15

At 10/17/06 09:20 PM, Imafreakingjerk wrote: FOURM MOD EL OH EL!

You just started a GG account...... get your post, review and B/P count up.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:32:38

I wood lik to b an mod plz k thx

lov
'

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:33:40

I don't like to say this, but I have given it some thought and it would be cool to be a forum mod. That would be my first choice. My second choice would be an audio mod, because I'm current on the music scene, and I have the good sense as to what is good or bad, and my last choice would be a review mod. I used to be a bit of a stat-whore when it came to whistle points, but I've dropped that now and it would offer a nice outlook. But a forum mod would be my ultimate pick.

"Will someone shove a pack of Skittles so far up this faggot's ass that he tastes the friggin rainbow?" -demonofthehiddenmist

Epic cock joke! | Best photoshop thread ever!

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:44:06

Forum mod

Im on newgrounds mainly reading the BBS more than posting, most of my posts are just messing around anyway. Im most active anytime between 6-10pm central time. I guess it would be cool to be a mod and get rid of alot of the spam/attack topics when im bored. I dont even think i would ever get mod because my newgrounds rep is as far as playing halo 2 with you guys every once in a while, but hey whatever. I think i would make a good mod because i am not obsessed with NG and i wouldnt be likely to screw things up because im just like that. I check newgrounds about once a week only to read the BBS. Thats about it (:

cool video

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:46:32

Review Mod.

I'm tired of seeing and flaggina tons of reviews that bash and insult for no reason besides the lack of common sense of the poster.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-17 23:47:12

I would like to be a forum mod, because I am good with modding forums.

I'm a mod on many other sites :)

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 00:22:59

I think being a review mod would be best for me. I'm not a huge forum guy and I know that. I'm really into reviews and their content. I look at abusive reviews every day and it's just dissapointing to me. I think I have good judgement on how good reviews can be. I flag abusive reviews pretty often and write reviews often as well. I would also love to put time and effort into helping out Newgrounds in anyway possible, and I think being a reviw mod is what i would do best for the site. If I was a review mod I would also take the liberty of PMing whoever I banned and tell them specifivly why I banned them and tell them ways to improve on there reviews in the future. I would do the best I can and definately put a lot of effort into this. I know being any kind of mod is a big responsibility and I know and respect that. I'm sure there are a lot more on here that deserve the spot more then me but I would really appreciate it if I was modded.

I am basically on Newgrounds when I get home from school on mondays through thursday. On fridays I am usually doing something else.. Saturdays can go either way. My first priority here on Newgrounds is B/P and my second priority is reviewing. So I think my most active days are the weekends and most of the week. I usually spend a good 4-8 hours on this site sometimes even more. Thanks for taking the time to read this Wade.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 00:26:16

Would I like to be a mod? Well sure I would, most people on this site, if asked, would gladly take the position up.

Well if I was given the opportunity to be whatever mod I please, I'd probably choose to be a BBS moderator, and if I had to list in order which I'd like to be, I'd probably make the list somewhat like this...

BBS Moderator
Review Moderator
Icon Moderator
Audio Moderator

I suppose now it would be a good idea to explain why.

BBS Moderator:
I'd love to be a BBS moderator, because the BBS is where I spend the majority of my time. I come to Newgrounds almost exclusively to go on the BBS, of course with a little flash watching tied in, and I believe that this would be the most interesting and enjoyable position to be, out of the 4.

For a little over a year I've been visiting this forum on a reasonably regular basis, and it has sucked a large amount of my life away, granted that this BBS doesn't prevent me from doing other things while on the computer (E.G. Talking to people through IM services etc.). I have become quite attatched to this BBS, and I still find it very fun to browse.

Of course, as of late, it would appear that there has been quite alot more spam than there has been in the past, spam which has been overthrowing the good threads. Now I know that if I became a BBS mod, I couldn't singlehandedly stop this spam from appearing, but I'm sure I could at least help to reduce the amount of spam that is here.

After being on this forum for over a year, and getting banned a reasonable few times during my early stages of forum visiting, I have managed to learn the rules of the BBS, and am far more able to discern what's a spam thread, and what's not, than I was last year, so if I was a BBS mod, I'm reasonably sure that I would be able to spot spam threads as I saw them, and lock or delete them depending on the thread.

I have also learned not to return flames, or to join in in a flame war when I can see that someone is blatantly flamebaiting. I'm sure this would help me in being a mod, in that I would be able to discern whether someone is making a statement arguing with someone else in a relevent, civilised manner, or whether somebody is simply flame baiting, in order to start a flame war, for whatever reason.

I'm sure that I would make an acceptable moderator, if not a good one, and if I was, for whatever reason, given the responsibility to moderate these forums, I'm sure that I would moderate them to the best of my ability, which would hopefully considered decent if not good.

Review Moderator
I know I would like to live the glamourous life of a review moderator, it sounds like an interesting position, and I'm sure it would be quite good doing it. I hate seeing the abusive reviews which people submit on movies they don't like, and I know in my flash movies, I have hated to see people openly insulting me, and telling me to die, when they don't like my movies. I don't want to die just because I made a flash movie that was not to somebodies liking, and I sure as hell don't want to read people telling me this, or to read somebody telling somebody else the same thing, for the same reason.

I do not find it hard to tell if a review is abusive or not, and I'm sure I could do this job reasonably well. The only problem here, is that I do not have many whistle points, so I may not seem qualified to become a review moderator, if I do not point out abusive reviews myself.

Icon Moderator
I would love the position of being an icon moderator, simply because it seems like an interesting position to fill. I do not see that many abusive movie icons, but I'm sure they're there, and I know I wouldn't like to be randomly shown abusive icons before I watch a flash movie.

I don't really have much reason other than this to want to be an icon moderator, but if I was given the responsibility, I would do it to the best of my ability, and hopefully enjoy doing it at the same time.

Audio Moderator
I don't think that I'm qualified at all to become an audio moderator, as I've only really been to the audio portal a few times,and those times have been on links from someone else, so I would not like this position, as I am almost certain that I would not do a good job at it.

I am on Newgrounds for a large portion of my night after I get home from school, which is about 4:00pm (About 11pm or 12am Newgrounds time, depending on whether it's daylight savings or not) till about 12:00am (about 7am or 8am Newgrounds time).

I know that it's very unlikely for you to just read over this and say "Hey, that guy sounds like he should be a mod, I'm going to mod him", but of course, it couldn't hurt to post, could it?

Well that's my post in this topic, thanks for reading it, assuming you didn't just skip the body and go straight to the last sentence.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 00:28:32

I think, out of the choices, I would like to be a forum mod. There are some qualities that forum mods have (or should have) that I would say I have.

For one, I rarely lose my temper. I think that's important so that people don't get banned for bad reason, and so topics don't get locked when they don't deserve to be. Second, I try not to post idiotic things. I'm not saying that makes me a model poster, but I do have some good posting habits.

Another thing is that I'm a regular in the Programming forum. Being a regular there, I've seen about 5 mods post at all in there, and only AfroNinja regularly moderates it. Ozcar comes in once in a while, but Afro seems to be the only mod there. Now, I'm not saying I'm the best person or anything, but I think (directing mostly at Wade) you should appoint someone else from the Programming forum to help moderate. Alot of topics come through that should be locked faster, or some that don't get locked at all that should be, but Afro isn't on all the time. Now, of course, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I just thought I'd make the suggestion, and this seems to be the best place to make it.

Anyway, to conclude, I'm usually on around 5-12 PM, Mountain Time. I try to log on at least once a day. I know there's pretty much no way I'd get a mod spot, but I thought I'd write my little essay.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 00:40:42

I'll be a forum mod, I guess.

I know enough about the forum to do an adequate job. Plus, my grammar's good.

FALCON THRUST! YES! YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEEAAAAAH!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 01:54:51

Sure, I want to be mod. But I need to work harder, right? Do whatever you want with whose user but if I'm lucky enough to get pick, then I'll try my best and flash whose are breaking the rules or something. I'm not begging you to be mod but it would be nice to be one.
Oh! I forgot to say that I have been forums for a while with over 140 post so far. I also make flash and I'm level 9 with over 1330 experiment points. Make your decision whatever you want to make me a mod or not. I recommend to do so and I'll do my best to do my job.
I think I want to be forum and review modifer. I think I'm good with that!

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 02:49:08

I would be a forum mod. Basically because nearly all I go on anymore is the BBS. And if you were a icon/review/audio mod you would go on the BBS and treated like crap. I also think I would be a good mod becuase I'm a mature sensible user and post/lurk the forum a lot. And knows whats spam and whats not.

I have however been banned before when I was a less mature.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 02:57:30

Well, this is an interesting topic. I wish I would've seen it earlier, but I rented a few movies earlier, lol. Well, in a resume, I would usually give background information about myself, so I guess I'll start with that.

SardonicSamurai9 basic info:
This part is just info about myself. This part can be skipped if you want to skip it.

I'm not going to tell my life long story, but I'll just say what I'm doing now, and plan on doing in the future.

I'm 18 years old (19 in February 6th, 2007), and live in the United States (Ohio specifically). I have visited newgrounds for quite some time now. I think the first time I heard about newgrounds.com was from a friend during my sophomore year in highschool. I strictly watched flashes my friends sent me at the time, and never really signed up to enter the forums. For close to a year now, I have been visiting the forums. I check constantly to see if I would like to reply to anyones posts, and do so if I find one. I do make my own topics sometimes, but usually just to gather others opinions or talk about something that has recently caught my eye.

Outside of newgrounds, I am in my second year at a community college. I went to college my senior year in highschool to go to college early through a program called Post Secondary, which allowed me to go to college for free that year. I'm going for my associates in Microcomputers, and hope to move on to a four year college after I receive my associates. As of now, I have a part time job to help pay for all of my college, since FAFSA won't kick in until the end of this year for me.

I am a major gamer (going out to get Splinter Cell: Double Agent tomorrow after college, which ends at 6pm =D). Other basic hobbies of mine include: Drawing, Skiing/ Snowblading, flash, photoshop, basketball, and just hanging out with friends.

Important Info:
My time zone is Eastern Time (US and Canada; GMT-05:00). Out of the four possible Mod jobs, I would only like to be a Forum Mod. I would not be able to fit in as a review, audio, or icon mod; at least I don't believe I would make a good moderator for those areas.

I usually visit newgrounds everyday. The only times I don't visit newgrounds is if I am spending the night at someones house, or something has come up (exams, homework, testing, family issues, etc) I usually browse the forums when I get up (either 11:00AM or 1:00AM) and check on the forums. I don't post often at these times, however. At around 7:00PM, I am browsing the forums, seeing if I would like to post in someones thread or not. I am on THE MOST at around 10:00PM - 3:00AM. At about this time, I am talking on AIM, playing with Flash and FL Studio, or just being bored. I haven't been able to hang out with a lot of my friends as of late due to college, so I have been staying in more often. The main Time Frame that I am on though is most definitely between 10:00PM - 3:00AM

Why I Want to be a Forum Mod:
First off, newgrounds has to be one of my favorite sites. I have it as my first tab on my Mozilla Firefox broswer, and have it as my home page on Internet Explorer. I visit and participate at newgrounds almost everyday, and will keep doing it. Being a part of and helping newgrounds would be great! I've seen my fair share of spam, flame wars, repeated topics, etc that plague the site, and getting rid of it wouldn't be a job; it'd be a pleasure.

I have moderated and have been an Admin of sites before, specifically a CS:S site. Me, along with a few friends, were admins and moderators of a clan site. We met a player online who created a site for us, and I was an admin to the site and forums. It only lasted for a few months due to problems with our "Site creator." He wasn't happy that our clan wasn't growing fast enough, and wanted more people to join our clan. We refused to let a few players into our clan because the people were outright rude and racist to other players. The Site creator took away our admin privileges and banned us from the site for not letting the players join.

Many of the members weren't happy that we left, so they left the clan. The clan we used to be apart of was called Tactical Damage. I haven't checked the site in awhile, but when we left, a lot of people weren't happy that we were kicked. We only wanted a small friendly community, but the Site creator wanted a massive clan base, whether they were fun to play with or not.

Conclusion
I'm not quite sure what else I should say (seeing that my "Characters Remaining" is dropping fast). Well, all I can really say is that I would really like to help newgrounds grow. Yes, it is already a big site, but I'd like to see it become even more popular then it already is. Being a part of something that I have enjoyed for such a long time would be awesome!

Thank you for reading my post.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 04:16:52

hahaha, oh wow this thread is great.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 04:49:19

BBS mod/ Icon mod.

I live in Sweden, so my time zone is a bit off, wich would allow me to stay active during the late hours when most are asleep (morning/noon for me), and also later in the day, when the BBS is as most active.

I know the lingo going about on the forums, and I know both the written and the ethical rules by heart.

The main reason why I want to become a mod is because I often see things not meant to be on the site, and most of those times Ive just wished that there was something concrete I could do about it, instead of sending a PM to a mod.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 05:01:04

I would like to be a forum mod, or more specifically an art forum mod. I think I would be useful at helping to keep that forum, I never post crap, I consider everything I do before I do it and hopefully that shows from my post archive. I would just try to raise the standard of art on the forum and cut down on MS Paint threads/under 10 minute art threads, and also try to show people that drawing isn't the only form of art, even though every thread seems to be based around it. I would also encourage commenting and critiquing on work, I hate threads were art is posted and everybody seeminly ignores it, everyone has an oppinion even if its something simple such as "I like it, the colours are nice", it'll make the artist feel better that somebody recognised that they posted an image.

As for me, I'm 18 and from England, I'll usually be online at various times between 4-12pm GMT. I'm online almost everday with the exception of a weekend every month. I'm studying graphic design and photography at college, so I try to contribute that work to the art forum. I used to post on the programming forum, I still do but very rarely since the art forum began, I was active there because there was decent discussion and people knew what they were talking about, there was hardly ever spam or any other worries. On the first days of the art forum I tried to get people talking and get it to settle down as quickly as possible, starting threads to find out who's who, and what style of art they like, inspirations etc, that never really took off but I thought it was a good idea. I also started the photography thread which is still going strong, just my way of expanding NG art past drawing.

I don't expect to become a mod, but it'd be nice to have my voice heard by the admins so you understand the views of people on the art forum that are like me, thanks.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 05:59:22

Hmm, I really hope you being serious, and not just putting false hope into our minds Wade.

But, an opportunity I might as well take.

Forum mods watch over the forums. They can delete posts, topics, and ban users.

I'd prefer a forum Mod to any other kind, because this is the part of Newgrounds I spend most of my time on.

I'm on NG usually about the time I'm posting this, starting a few hours back, and staying on a few hours more, though some days when I'm free I'll be on for a while, when more users are on.. This is the time where the forums have been without Mods recently, though that problem has been addressed with new mods introduced, and the existing Mods coming on at this time.

I am active in the Where Is/How To? Forum, General Forum, and Clubs & Crews forum. I abide by the rules most of the time and can inforce them if need be. I asked a mod to check when my last ban was, and he said it had been ages, so I guess that could be noted. I'm not sexist either, with no history of "Make me a sammitch" posts, and I am an active user in the BBS Female Users Club.

Living in Australia, if that means anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 06:25:57

Yes i really would enjoy being a forum moderator, because i have seen several things that really did offend me, but just stay there, un-noticed. I dont say anything, because i may get banned for back seat modding. lets admit it. Some people on newgrounds dont deserve to be on newgrounds, and theres a serious lack of people to make this happen. Considering my current level, i wont become a mod anytime soon, but yes id like to be a forum mod.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 06:51:59

My first choice would definitely be FORUM MOD. This is because after the time I've spent on the BBS, there have been a lot of topics that I've noticed go "downhill", but are almost never noticed by the mods. However, I hate IMing the ones I know and asking them to take action (which they usually do), but I know it's still annoying. TO become a forum mod means I would be able to handle the les than favorable posters myself. If i were to become a forum mod, though, I would probably handle the General and Art sections, since those are the ones I frequent most often.

My second choice would be review mod solely because I can easily notice when a review is part the line of understandable and into the realm of downright unacceptable. My only reason for becoming one would be because I want to help clean out the crappy reviews that are still hiding in the portal.

I have no interest in being an audio or icon mod, so those are my 3rd and 4th choices respectively

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 08:46:12

I don't think I'd be a good audio mod, because I'm mostly into metal, and I couldn't verify techno songs incoming :P

An icon mod? Nah, I'm not to judge other people on drawing or on any graphical subjects.

A review mod? That's a bit more likely, but I have a lot of other work too. I found time to flag reviews for a moment and I enjoyed it, so I got the gold whistle.

My first choice would (of course) be: forum moderation. I would be a pretty objective mod, and I would be a pretty good choice because I would also be active in the Audio, Programming, Flash and Wi/Ht forum. My activity isn't too extended, but enough, in my opinion. I am mostly active during week ends, holidays and evenings (evenings in Belgium, which means around 12-16 pm in east US). So umh... yeah.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 10:59:12

THE ANSWR IS UR MOM LOLOL

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 11:02:52

I wouldnt want to be a mod, yet. By the way, please don't take the as some reverse physcology / honour crap, i really don't want to be one yet. I may do some time, but with my measly amount of experience on this, I dont deserve/want it. At the mo.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 11:10:02

Audio Moderator - Well i would love to be an audio mod. I am into every type of music and i can be nice to people even if their song isn't the greatest. I know i haven't been on newgrounds for very long but i can make friends on any part of newgrounds very quickly. I am in the audio department for the NGDD and i also have 41 audios so far. I also run the audio updates for the audio forum and the NGDD. It is run by me and Seamonky. Feel free to check it out Here. I also help out with the MAC Awards and i also speak with LJCoffee once in a while to check up on the MAC Status.

I Hope You Take My Audio Moderating Application Into Concideration.

BBS Moderator - I have almost 800 posts and have made many crews such as: The Graffiti Crew and The Foamy Fan Club. I am also a member of: The Newgrounds Sig Makers, The Newgrounds Department Of Defence and I am also a helper on the Snowify Your Sig Topic.

I Hope You Take My BBS Moderating Application Into Consideration.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 11:28:25

I would love being a forum mod. Instead of playing games when I get home from school, I could scan the forums and use my mod power when neccessary.
Also I've got a week off from Monday so I can actually master the new authority, that is if you choose me :-)

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 11:33:19

Yes please, id like to be a Forum mod. I feel I am mature enough to lock spam posts
and I promise to check every forum everyday for the next 3 weeks, or until im
no longer a mod.

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 11:35:58

1. Forum
2. Review
3. Icon
4. Audio

I'm too tired to suck up to Wade today.

Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature

Response to Would you like to be a mod? 2006-10-18 11:37:49

I would like to be a mod. I live in the UK (London) So around the time when most NG'ers are at school/college or work I am usually at home, I am on Newgrounds alot especially the forums, I know I have not been here for a large amount of time (E.g. 2 years) But I am here often.

You can be a paedo to me any time - Amaranthus

BBS Signature