I have been contemplating on whether to post in this topic or not.
I have decided to.
Before I go on about modship I would like to clear my name.
I know all of the mods reading this are like "LOL", but I never really posted on the BBS on what happened with the Rabid incident, so I'm going to do that now.
• The Newgrounds sig makers was not a topic I created using Rabid's account to make me the glorified topic starter. I wrote out the NGSM starting post with many other sig makers. It was a project that had been going on for weeks before I had Rabid's account. I had the other sig making topics locked because like I said in the PM to Wade, they serve no purpose. If you look at the locked clubs that I sent Wade, people didn't do any request in there. People would ask for sigs to be done, then just get disappointment. The BSM is the same way, and should have remained lock. No one has done request in it. Also, getting them locked was not even my idea. It was gumOnshoe's idea, and it had 90% of the sig makers support.
• No one used the account except me. I don't know why people like MadCow and Acid were accused of using Rabid's account. It was me, and only me. Check IP addresses.
• I didn't go through the history of the mod lounge. I did read a few of the topics on the first page though. (Who wouldn't?)
• The info that was leaked to Madcow and Acid was greatly exaggerated. I did not tell them anything that I learned besides that there's a topic for mod nomination's and there's NSFW stuff posted. The thing about ShitOnAStick being modded wasn't even something I read in the mod lounge. Rabid told me that Might_potato and SOAS were favorites for mod nominations before I had his account. I don't understand the big deal about that part, because they were modded in the next month. I did not learn or leak any personal information of the mod staff ( Why would I?). I did not show BonusStage his ban records, he posted that in Wade's topic because I was having an argument with him about me changing my password from him spamming on my account. He has confessed to this.
• The people that knew I had control of the account were: BannaBreadMuffin, gumOnshoe, BlueHippo, Acid, MadCow, Phanthom, and Rabid (Duh).
• Rabid gave me permission to delete spam in my topic, and if I saw it on the forums. I did exactly that. I cleaned up the NGSM, and banned people spamming the programming forum. I also deleted Dobio's topic (Which is the main reason I got caught) that I don't even remember what was about now, because I was in all honesty jealous of the fact that mods could post spam and get away with it. I now see this as a privilege of hard work and dedication to the site. I have already apologized to Dobio about this.
I did what any Newgrounds user would have. Modship on Newgrounds is shown as a higher power. Everyone wants to have a higher power on the BBS, even if they wont admit it.
So think of this in my shoes, I ask Rabid to moderate the post in my new NGSM topic, and he says I can do it myself and deposit well he's on vacation. Who would say "No, sorry I'm not a mod"? I'm not going to lie, I felt like a god damn Internet bad ass on Rabid's account.I could finally see what a mod sees, ban people, lock spam topics, everything. I showed off to a few people like any person like me would.
Now after that experience, I know that it's not that great. I got the taste I wanted, and I'm happy with it.
Like BaronVonBadGuy said in an earlier post in this topic; Getting modded on Newgrounds was my life goal. Sad?, yes. I now realize that it's not what's it's made out to be. There's more things to life.
The whole incident has turned my view on Newgrounds around completely.
I'm no longer a user that goes around just for the sake of post count.
I contribute to topics, like a forum should be. I have matured if you will.
So now to put this whole thing behind I would like to apologize to the entire Mod team, staff, and all of Newgrounds.
Now to get to the topic on hand...
I know I wont be made a mod because mods are going to hold grudges against me for aboves incident. They will say things like "Oh, he blew his chance"
All I am is asking is if I stay dedicated to this site for years to come, I hope people will understand. I want you guys to know that people mature over time. I'm not that old, and not suited to be a BBS moderator yet.
I hope in the future people will put what has been done in the past in the past, and see me in a new light.
So when that time comes, and if this topic is still used; I'm going to post why I would be a decent forum moderator.
• I try to make a few interesting topics a week. If you look through my recent post history, I do make a lot of good topics.
• I am on the computer way too much, so I will always have time to moderate.
• People could contact me on AIM and paltalk 24/7
• Most people on the BBS know and respect me. (....right guys? RIGHT :(?)
• I have been a user here since 1999, and I still have my account (look-at-sign-up-date) to prove it.
• I am completely dedicated to the site.
• I even paid money to organize the C&C section better. I'm the creator of www.ngclubs.org . It's a site that list every sing active club for quick reference. (Updated all the time) I am in the process of writing a complete club start up guide. I hope to get it into a club sticky. (I have talked to ramagi about it)
• I would go on listing, but I already look like a jack ass.
So if you ever need an active club forum mod, then consider me some time in the future.
the time I am on is 3-12 PM every day
If your well is dry, then here's some people that would make great forum moderators in my opinion:
What I'm currently more interested in is being an audio mod.
Before I started submitting audio to Newgrounds, it took me several days to find an audio moderator about my audio ban.
I submit audio everyday, and I listen pretty much all of the music that comes in, so I would love the position of filtering out the crap.