A game about people and their reflections4.27 / 5.00 9,910 Views
Pure minimalist puzzle game about solving spatial issues3.94 / 5.00 8,419 Views
Short visual novel about a mysterious girl hiding a dark secret3.85 / 5.00 17,557 Views
I doubt you're taking anyone my age on, but I guess it's good to let you know I'm interested at least.
Keeping it short and sweet, I'd be equally willing to help out with any of the different fields with preference towards reviews.
I spend most of my time on NG helping out in Wi/HT. I'm most active during weekdays from about 12 - 7pm, and usually come on at some point during the weekend - so I spend a fair amount of time on the site.
Thanks for reading.
i likes teh ng and i cantype on keyboard really well. i dont like spamers they make me frusturaited. i like to ban people alot over thingso i will be the ideel mod.
I believe that although I do not meet what I believe to be the specifications needed to be a forum mod, I do believe I have proven my worth to the point where I could deem myself worthy of being a review mod. I have been an active poster for a year and a half, but a lurker even longer. And like posts, reviews can either be pointless, abusive, funny, informative, or just plain stupid. And I think I have had enough experience here on Newgrounds to know the difference between a good review and an abusive review.
I hope that the admins and mods of Newgrounds find me to be an acceptable cannidate to be a review moderator. If chosen, I will do my best to rid Newgrounds of reviews that say only "OMG, DIS MOVEI IS TEH SUXZORZ!!111!!!!1". (Provieded the review is not for Arfenhouse where it would be appropriate because it follows the dialog.) I can be here just about any day after school and almost all day on Sundays. I hope you guys can agree with me and I hope to hear of some news of your decision.
i'd like to be forum mod. but i only have computer access thursday thru sunday.
I would be a shitty forum mod because I go on the forums too much when I've had too much to smoke/drink.
I would be a shitty icon mod because I don't give a shit about that shit.
I would be a shitty audio mod because I quit going to the AP for a long time
I would be a shitty review mod because I'm too critical of people's reviews.
Well, I don't have much to say.
I guess I would make a decent mod, but personally I don't know if I could handle it... At first, at least. I'm sure I would get used to it. Otherwise I guess what would make me a good mod is that I'm on quite often (Though sometimes I just lurk without posting), and know what links to reffer to when people ask simple questions (Or post something like a video, in which case "Post all videos here" comes in handy).
I don't know, there's probably a lot more people who are way more qualified than me, and it's not like I really want to become a mod. I would just think it was really cool and go about posting and such, with my new mod powers. :D
"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68
I would like to be a forum mod.
I usually are on the forums atleast 5-10 times a day.
I will NOT abuse my power.
If i'll get to be a mod. I'll gonna get happy...
Mod? Why would anyone waste their time. The BBS is shit enough without being obliged to sit around banning people and shit. Christ do you people not have better things to be doing?
You want to do boring shit do homework or get a job. At least those two alternitives have some reward at the end of the day. Reward for modding the BBS? Emails from punk kids saying "OMG FAG WHY U BAN ME??" and maybe the odd free t-shirt off Tom if you're lucky.
i have alot of spare time now and i know what it takes to be mod and im trying more to act like an adult and i will make sure that there is no spam or bad stuff
" I'm not bullying any one, I'm just giving out really harsh constructive criticism"
i would like to be a forum mod. im on newgrounds any time i have spare time. alot of the time if i dont have school then ill get up at 5in the morning and stay on new grounds until 7 at night.if i do have school then ill get up at 5 and stay on till i leave, and ill get back on after school.
I'd say a forum or Review Mod....i don't much like abuzive reviews and i've had experience bein a mod on other forums.....
I would be a forum mod.
I basicly follow the rules and make sure others follow them. I usually don't read reveiws and I don't go to the audio portal. But I do spend most of my time here. That is the ways I want to be a mod.
Some-Stupid-Idiot For Mod
Contact Me If you want a sig, seriously contact me, I have nothing better to do.
i live in Norway (im 6 hours later than you american guys)
i would like to be either an audio or a forum mod.
the reason for that is that i am obsessed with music.
i listen to any kinds and know mmuch about different styles and types of music, despite my young age.
im not the stereotypical teen that listens to paris hilton and songs that are in a professional view, suckish.
i like the old songs from Iron Maiden, black sabbath and some old groups, but i also enjoy the new wave music; trance, techno some RnB.
also i think that the Audio Portal is a very good thing for Newgrounds, since people can come here and submit their own music and see if people likes it before using it for a band or promoting it and selling it, so newgrounds can contribute to the sucsess of young (and old) musicians.
the reason i posted that i could be a forum mod, is because im on newgrounds at the time of night in the usa (where most of the mods are from), that way i would see spammers and other "hooligans" doing things that doesnt belong here on the BBS.
i hope that you, Wade, will look at this short "essay" about why i want to be "promoted".
and what i lack in age, i return in Knowledge :)
Ooh, a chance to get control!, an essay you say? well then that it is.
I would love to be an review moderator because i have seen so many bad and agressive reviews, i mark them as abusive and i still havent gotten any diety wistle, must be not logged on or something, well i live in Australia (GMT+9:30) and after school i am always surfing newgrounds and making my little tutorials for all, if i became a forum mod i would probably stop making flash movies and just focus on deleting the bad reviews and all of that, please make me a mod, i love ng. **beers on me if i get review mod!!
4. icon mod
1st- Forum moderator; even though i have few posts, most if not all of these post have been topic related, they've had good grammar and spelling,punctuation and been intelligent and insightful. ( you can read them if you want)
2- Icon moderator;i think that A LOT of submissions have misleading icons,
those are of course the same submissions that are , in most cases bearing names such as : " HENTAI PRON ZOMG" which are, of course, spam.
Also this would be the easiest job.
3. Review moderator; i 've noticed that a lot of reviews that should have been deleted
have passed, reviews that are not " LOLOLOLOLOL" perhaps but might be like this:
"I hope you die , fuck you.."That doesn't sound too constructive , does it?
I hope this isn't some kind of evil thread, that when you post in it , you are forever Excluded as a mod.
With hope of a hastily reply;
so many ppl trying to be a mod.
you should b nominated by someone who sees you are worth it.
and by the way iff you do see something mods missed you can always tell someone who is a mod that way you actually do as much as a mod only now you tell a mod and don't delete it yourself.
so if anyone else will ask to be a mod, there is like0,000000000000000000123% change you'lle be picked as one!
i hope this wll slow down the ask for mods.
yay i just said something meaningful!.
it has always been my dream.but i never would really think of abuing the power.but it would be a great thing to behold.
I'm really really fucking really sick of these abusive gay reviews... I flag as many as possible, but only if there really abusive... So yeah, I wannebe a reviewmod, I would clean up all the spam
I'm alot online when there no mods... On that time you see alot of fucking really spam! If I was a BBS mod, I would delete all the spam!
pick me, pick me!
I didn't see icon mod.
Thats something I could do.
I go on newgrounds everyday from 11:45 AM to 12:30 PM.
I like making icons, and I make good ones too.
thanks to fotoshop.
To be honest I would think I’m quite up to the job of a forum moderator, I’m fairly active on the BBS and although my post count is relatively low I try to keep my spam count down. I tend to hang around a lot and not post very much very fast, because I see it unnecessary. I have a good eye for spotting where things are, or could be a topic that needs to be locked, however it is currently not my call to do such things or recommend thread-locking. I haven’t been banned very often, twice to be exact, once for posting in a ‘spam thread’, but I thought it was a relative post so I didn’t mind that. And another for having a kevan.org link in my sig, which has since been removed. I have good knowledge of the rules; I speak good English and have accurate spelling and grammar. I also am aware what it’s like to be in a position of authority, as currently I’m in position of senior prefect in the school which I attend. In terms of activity on the BBS, I’m usually hanging around from about 4pm till late in the evening (UK time).
Second choice would be a review moderator, if I couldn’t help out in the forums I would gladly help in cleaning up the abusive reviews in the portal.
I wouldn’t however be too interested in an Audio moderator or Icon moderator position, I rarely visit the audio portal and the Icon moderator position doesn’t seem up my street.
I’ll be happy if you even read this post, this thread seems to be filling rather quickly and you’ve got a lot of potential moderators to check through.
To conclude, I am an active newgrounds user, with a good knowledge of the rules and the workings of the BBS. Though I have a low post count my level of responsibility is respectable.
i wanna be a mod
Sometimes, at night... when I'm alone... I like to think of you, but not in a way that's creepy.
i would like to be a forum mod
i am always reading forums about stuff, i dont post alot but i read the forums everyday.
i would not lock random threads or bann random users.
Sometimes, at night... when I'm alone... I like to think of you, but not in a way that's creepy.
I have been contemplating on whether to post in this topic or not.
I have decided to.
Before I go on about modship I would like to clear my name.
I know all of the mods reading this are like "LOL", but I never really posted on the BBS on what happened with the Rabid incident, so I'm going to do that now.
• The Newgrounds sig makers was not a topic I created using Rabid's account to make me the glorified topic starter. I wrote out the NGSM starting post with many other sig makers. It was a project that had been going on for weeks before I had Rabid's account. I had the other sig making topics locked because like I said in the PM to Wade, they serve no purpose. If you look at the locked clubs that I sent Wade, people didn't do any request in there. People would ask for sigs to be done, then just get disappointment. The BSM is the same way, and should have remained lock. No one has done request in it. Also, getting them locked was not even my idea. It was gumOnshoe's idea, and it had 90% of the sig makers support.
• No one used the account except me. I don't know why people like MadCow and Acid were accused of using Rabid's account. It was me, and only me. Check IP addresses.
• I didn't go through the history of the mod lounge. I did read a few of the topics on the first page though. (Who wouldn't?)
• The info that was leaked to Madcow and Acid was greatly exaggerated. I did not tell them anything that I learned besides that there's a topic for mod nomination's and there's NSFW stuff posted. The thing about ShitOnAStick being modded wasn't even something I read in the mod lounge. Rabid told me that Might_potato and SOAS were favorites for mod nominations before I had his account. I don't understand the big deal about that part, because they were modded in the next month. I did not learn or leak any personal information of the mod staff ( Why would I?). I did not show BonusStage his ban records, he posted that in Wade's topic because I was having an argument with him about me changing my password from him spamming on my account. He has confessed to this.
• The people that knew I had control of the account were: BannaBreadMuffin, gumOnshoe, BlueHippo, Acid, MadCow, Phanthom, and Rabid (Duh).
• Rabid gave me permission to delete spam in my topic, and if I saw it on the forums. I did exactly that. I cleaned up the NGSM, and banned people spamming the programming forum. I also deleted Dobio's topic (Which is the main reason I got caught) that I don't even remember what was about now, because I was in all honesty jealous of the fact that mods could post spam and get away with it. I now see this as a privilege of hard work and dedication to the site. I have already apologized to Dobio about this.
I did what any Newgrounds user would have. Modship on Newgrounds is shown as a higher power. Everyone wants to have a higher power on the BBS, even if they wont admit it.
So think of this in my shoes, I ask Rabid to moderate the post in my new NGSM topic, and he says I can do it myself and deposit well he's on vacation. Who would say "No, sorry I'm not a mod"? I'm not going to lie, I felt like a god damn Internet bad ass on Rabid's account.I could finally see what a mod sees, ban people, lock spam topics, everything. I showed off to a few people like any person like me would.
Now after that experience, I know that it's not that great. I got the taste I wanted, and I'm happy with it.
Like BaronVonBadGuy said in an earlier post in this topic; Getting modded on Newgrounds was my life goal. Sad?, yes. I now realize that it's not what's it's made out to be. There's more things to life.
The whole incident has turned my view on Newgrounds around completely.
I'm no longer a user that goes around just for the sake of post count.
I contribute to topics, like a forum should be. I have matured if you will.
So now to put this whole thing behind I would like to apologize to the entire Mod team, staff, and all of Newgrounds.
Now to get to the topic on hand...
I know I wont be made a mod because mods are going to hold grudges against me for aboves incident. They will say things like "Oh, he blew his chance"
All I am is asking is if I stay dedicated to this site for years to come, I hope people will understand. I want you guys to know that people mature over time. I'm not that old, and not suited to be a BBS moderator yet.
I hope in the future people will put what has been done in the past in the past, and see me in a new light.
So when that time comes, and if this topic is still used; I'm going to post why I would be a decent forum moderator.
• I try to make a few interesting topics a week. If you look through my recent post history, I do make a lot of good topics.
• I am on the computer way too much, so I will always have time to moderate.
• People could contact me on AIM and paltalk 24/7
• Most people on the BBS know and respect me. (....right guys? RIGHT :(?)
• I have been a user here since 1999, and I still have my account (look-at-sign-up-date) to prove it.
• I am completely dedicated to the site.
• I even paid money to organize the C&C section better. I'm the creator of www.ngclubs.org . It's a site that list every sing active club for quick reference. (Updated all the time) I am in the process of writing a complete club start up guide. I hope to get it into a club sticky. (I have talked to ramagi about it)
• I would go on listing, but I already look like a jack ass.
So if you ever need an active club forum mod, then consider me some time in the future.
the time I am on is 3-12 PM every day
If your well is dry, then here's some people that would make great forum moderators in my opinion:
What I'm currently more interested in is being an audio mod.
Before I started submitting audio to Newgrounds, it took me several days to find an audio moderator about my audio ban.
I submit audio everyday, and I listen pretty much all of the music that comes in, so I would love the position of filtering out the crap.
I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.