00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,837,178 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 03:08:38

At 8/10/05 02:59 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: No, these animes are not for kids, these are some of te most popular animes in Japan, you sir, are an idiot

I second that.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 04:40:26

At 8/10/05 04:35 AM, marchingtyrants wrote:
At 8/10/05 02:59 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: No, these animes are not for kids, these are some of te most popular animes in Japan, you sir, are an idiot
and why is is not for kids? its rated ALL AGES! they are the most popular animes for kids in Japan, not the whole population. Check you facts for that.

Well I actually meant not just for kids, someone said that they were just for kids, and I was disagreeing, and I've seen plenty of 18 year olds and up who like them... And, yes, they are some of the the most popular for the "whole population".

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 05:23:36

Dude, Naruto is making a MAJOR release in America come Fall on Toonami. If you mean Fansubs, than yeah, Naruto has been here for a while. And no anime is not just for kids. Did you know that Manga make up over 80% of Japan's Book Economy? They print out things like Shonen Jump (for example) everday like you get the newspaper here in America. So imagine getting a new chapter of your favorite manga everday instead of reading about Bush. I know this is about anime, but its basically on the same subject.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 07:18:48

yeh they're defin8ly not jus 4 kids cause i heard of this msd movie called 'ninja scroll' thats anime and R rated coz of tha violence. i ain't seen it though has anybody else seen it, or heard of it?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 09:01:34

well in my libary in highdschool theirs some anime and manga. and well so far I havent seen much good things.i liked fruits basket the manga though I only read the first book. and wild acts the ,amga was ok. amd thats all I liked.evengelion kind of sucked
but then again I only saw like4 episodes. umm Sayuki sucked and the mangas kare kano and this other one I forgot sucked.can someone recomend and good manga or anime I might find.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 12:19:03

At 8/10/05 12:36 AM, HaroFreak wrote: Heh. Look on the bright side, at least most of them was not sa disasterous as "G-Savior", the Live Gundam Movie which was so horrible that they stopped production of VHS tapes and DVDs within less than a year of its release.

FUCK! Now it's going to be hard as hell finding one. I was wondering why I never saw anymore after 2 months of it's USA release.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 12:21:27

At 8/10/05 12:19 PM, Leon-Belmont wrote: FUCK! Now it's going to be hard as hell finding one. I was wondering why I never saw anymore after 2 months of it's USA release.

Look on the bright side, you're missing NOTHING.

G-Savior is DISASTEROUS. So bad that it was DELETED from the timeline after a while.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 12:24:22

Damn enter keys.
At 8/9/05 09:11 PM, Renewman wrote: I don't hate AS or AN persay, I just hate the n00bs who think //Hack.Sign, Inuyasha and FMA are the greatest anime ever because that's the only anime they watch.

You're coming off as "Most, if not all main stream anime sucks." :/

At 8/10/05 02:46 AM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Well guys, I turned 21 yesterday...and none of you came to my party! *Sob*

Sorry. : ( I'll come next year with that super anal lube I promised you.

I have updated my sig, it's still a work in progress. In the end, it will have a spinning sharingan and be clearer. I figure if I'm gonna be Kakashi, might as well enjoy it ^_^

It would be pretty cool if you do get it spinning.

--------- SNIP ------------

At 8/10/05 12:21 PM, HaroFreak wrote: Look on the bright side, you're missing NOTHING.
G-Savior is DISASTEROUS. So bad that it was DELETED from the timeline after a while.

Yes I know that, but the value of it, something like that will escalate in value over time. If you look at it, it's kinda like a piece of lost history after a while.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 12:27:37

At 8/10/05 12:21 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
Yes I know that, but the value of it, something like that will escalate in value over time. If you look at it, it's kinda like a piece of lost history after a while.

No, I mean it's "DO NOT EXPOSE CONTENTS TO FACE" horrible.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 12:34:58

saiyuki
evangelion
getbackers
full metal panic fummofu
and full metal alchemist

can i join now

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 14:03:43

At 8/10/05 05:23 AM, Renewman wrote: Dude, Naruto is making a MAJOR release in America come Fall on Toonami.

We don't have Toonami in Canada. You're right about it coming to Canada! It's premiering on Ytv! I heard that on a website.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 14:42:25

At 8/10/05 02:03 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: We don't have Toonami in Canada. You're right about it coming to Canada! It's premiering on Ytv! I heard that on a website.

It'd better be a good transition, or else it is going to be "Infamous for dubbing" all over again. Just how many good shows have been bastardised and "Murdered" to date due to horrible dubbing?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 15:18:34

At 8/10/05 01:11 AM, -noir- wrote: I'm really speeding through Naruto. ;)

****spoiler, episode ?-125***

Keep watching, your going to love what's coming up REAL soon in that arc.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 15:58:50

At 8/10/05 12:27 PM, HaroFreak wrote: No, I mean it's "DO NOT EXPOSE CONTENTS TO FACE" horrible.

HAHAHA! I'm guessing you've seen it then, that bad eh? XD

At 8/10/05 12:34 PM, thenoob64 wrote: can i join now

Pick a character and you're in. The list needs to be updated as well, might have double members and what-not.

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 16:33:05

At 8/10/05 12:34 PM, thenoob64 wrote: saiyuki
evangelion
getbackers
full metal panic fummofu
and full metal alchemist

can i join now

You need read this stuff and pick a character who's not on the list.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 16:36:56

At 8/10/05 08:50 AM, marchingtyrants wrote:
At 8/10/05 04:40 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote:

SOME of them are popular for the whole population (girls, coz girls rarely watch hentai. the only hentai they watch is Yuri)

You mean yaoi. If chicks watch yuri hentai, then they are lesbians.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 16:49:08

At 8/10/05 03:18 PM, Vash-The-Stampede wrote:
At 8/10/05 01:11 AM, -noir- wrote: I'm really speeding through Naruto. ;)

****spoiler, episode ?-125***
Keep watching, your going to love what's coming up REAL soon in that arc.

So, the best is yet to come?
Thanks for the heads up - This anticipation is killer.

:D

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 17:17:41

my character is son goku from saiyuki

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 18:06:13

At 8/10/05 05:17 PM, thenoob64 wrote: my character is son goku from saiyuki

Can't people ever be original now at days? < <

Alright, he's yours for the taking.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 19:31:26

Fullmetal alchemist
Blue seed
Darkstalkers
inuyasha
s-CRY-ed

my character is none other the Ryuho- the guy who wants nothing more then to beat the shit out of Kazuma

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 20:07:07

At 8/8/05 04:44 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Greetings friends! Is what I'd LIKE to say, but I can barely see anyone that I remember for pages past. Has the club been overun by new faces? Meh, In any event, for those of you who remember me I plan to be making a full time NG return sooner or later this month, making enough time for the club.

It's called a summer job in Northern Ontario...

Yeah I'll be back in full force soon enough... I move in res on September 3rd!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 21:02:05

At 8/10/05 07:31 PM, little_fighter_Davis wrote: my character is none other the Ryuho- the guy who wants nothing more then to beat the shit out of Kazuma

haha Sure thing then. Be sure to read the rules as well, sir trivia posted a link to them just above your post.

At 8/10/05 08:07 PM, Noctroler wrote: It's called a summer job in Northern Ontario...

It's called a lucky guy who has no job at the moment. :S

Yeah I'll be back in full force soon enough... I move in res on September 3rd!

My goodness I hope so, it's not the same without you around. : (

XBL / PSN - Voidist

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 21:46:08

What frame rate (fps) do most anime run at?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 22:42:49

At 8/10/05 09:46 PM, -noir- wrote: What frame rate (fps) do most anime run at?

I'm not to sure, but I think they run on 60fps. If flash than maybe 20 or something.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 22:58:06

At 8/10/05 10:42 PM, Warspyer wrote:
At 8/10/05 09:46 PM, -noir- wrote: What frame rate (fps) do most anime run at?
I'm not to sure, but I think they run on 60fps. If flash than maybe 20 or something.

60? Not. possible. :o
Not even Disney motion pictures pull of that nasuating fluidness.

Flash's default is 12, but I heard anime runs at half that speed. I am curious to know, because I am looking for a decent fps to kick off a series I'm working on. It can't be too fast, because faces and bodies are detailed, but not too slow to look blocky.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-10 23:29:10

At 8/10/05 03:58 PM, Leon-Belmont wrote: HAHAHA! I'm guessing you've seen it then, that bad eh? XD

Trust me with this kind of things. Considering that I have watched/"can summarise everything in" the following in the UC Timeline:

0079 One Year War
0079 The 08th MS Team
0080 War in the Pocket
0083 Stardust Memory
0087 Z Gundam
0088 Gundam ZZ
0093 Char's Counterattack
0123 Gundam F-91
0125 Crossbone Gundam
0152 V Gundam

With only four or five side stories missing from the bunch (Such as the new IGLOO or Blue Destiny), I'm very confident in knowing what belongs in this timeline or not.

And G-Savior doesn't belong here with its degraded technology, cliche writing and horrible, horrible acting.

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:02:47

umm... this might be kinda late... but i think i wanna join your anime club. i dont like how people can always just flame anime because they think its just cartoon sex. ive seen plenty of really good animes that no or next to no sex in them i actively watch full metal alchemist and s-CRY-ed and paranoia agent on adult swim and ive even downloaded 26 dvd quality episodes of read or die (this took up over 7GB of space, mind you) just so i could watch it.

i mean, yeah, some anime is based on sex, but that doesnt make it bad. heck, i cant even begin to list all the tv shows on... say... fox that revolve around sex just for ratings. but i never hear anyone saying theyre horrible or anything.

where was i going with this... oh yeah! i want to join your anime club. what do i have to do?

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:16:33

At 8/11/05 12:02 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: umm... this might be kinda late... but i think i wanna join your anime club. i dont like how people can always just flame anime because they think its just cartoon sex.

That's because many idiots don't know what they're talking about.

ive seen plenty of really good animes that no or next to no sex in them i actively watch full metal alchemist and s-CRY-ed and paranoia agent on adult swim and ive even downloaded 26 dvd quality episodes of read or die (this took up over 7GB of space, mind you) just so i could watch it.

Not bad...

i mean, yeah, some anime is based on sex, but that doesnt make it bad. heck, i cant even begin to list all the tv shows on... say... fox that revolve around sex just for ratings. but i never hear anyone saying theyre horrible or anything.

The hell? Some Japanese cartoons based on sex is good, but only because the animators and storywriters can portray it well, unlike mindless sex in movies or the like.

where was i going with this... oh yeah! i want to join your anime club. what do i have to do?

Whatever you have to do, I think you already have done.
Let me be the first to say "IRASHAII!"

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:18:08

At 8/11/05 12:02 AM, neogeo0823 wrote: what do i have to do?

Look at this first! then list your top 5 favourite Animes, and pick a character the same sex as you to represent you!

Response to Anime Club 2005-08-11 00:26:30

At 8/11/05 12:18 AM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Look at this first! then list your top 5 favourite Animes, and pick a character the same sex as you to represent you!

Ah crap... I must have failed to follow procedures myself.

Ah well, here goes:

My Top 5
1. Z Gundam - A New Translation
2. Z Gundam
3. King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL: Grand Glorious Gathering
4. Naruto
5. Fullmetal Alchemist (MANGA ONLY)

A Character representing me... What about Post-Angst and pre-Veitated Kamielle Bidan from Z Gundam?

Anime Club