00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

urdad514 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,817,165 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-13 22:05:43

At 7/13/05 09:27 PM, CaribuDude wrote:
At 7/13/05 07:18 PM, CaribuDude wrote: Check out this character I made
I don't really have a name for him so I just call him Gunsmen.
could anyone give me ideas on what to name him?

how about, uuuuu, Raige

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-13 22:22:04

At 7/13/05 03:45 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: I'm a bit surprised to see that no one has mentioned "Reign" in their worst anime conversation. o.O Ah.. for me.. I'd have to put.. uh.. eh.. erm... I dunno. I guess I don't really have a worst anime. >.> <.< Um... DANCE, GUY IN NARUTO-COSTUME, DANCE!

i thought "reign" was done by the person who did "aeon flux" and i dont think of them both as anime..

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-13 22:48:42

New Anime Club sig. Yay. I got bored and I was just thinking random thoughts, and then randomly I came up with it, very randomly I might say. Once again, I don't mind if no one bothers to use it. ;)

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-13 22:58:05

At 7/13/05 10:05 PM, Hyuri wrote:
At 7/13/05 09:27 PM, CaribuDude wrote:
At 7/13/05 07:18 PM, CaribuDude wrote: Check out this character I made
I don't really have a name for him so I just call him Gunsmen.
could anyone give me ideas on what to name him?
how about, uuuuu, Raige

ok thanks man

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-13 23:25:06

At 7/12/05 05:32 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:

It means that he's a guy and likes only girls.

Thanks Master

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-13 23:59:17

At 7/13/05 07:06 PM, secret_toad wrote: Is it me or is the ending to every anime umm cruddy. I dont know like when it finishes you feel incomplete like they could of done alot more.
Also did the creaters of samurai champloo make any other aninme.I think they made Cowboy bebop but Im not sure.

They have done Cowboy Bebop and Macross Plus OVA

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 00:05:53

At 7/13/05 06:50 PM, Jason_Voorhees wrote: Well, the only thing that's amazing in GANTZ is the animation. But the I was really dissapointed with the ending. One of the worst endings ever (after Elfen Lied). And, as someone has already mentioned, the characters are all complaining and whining. Every time they off an alien, there's half an hour of emotional breakdown's and crying etc.

.......Gatnz is over with????? I thought the fourth season was still in the works o well, if you've only seen the first season then don't complain because it's not over with yet (another advantage to reading the manga online.) Come to think of it your somewhat right in saying the anime shows the characters emotions after a major event then again how mentally stable would you be after killing an alien or watching it kill people and almost kill you? I think Gatnz's message is still great, many people I've talked to have said that's not the way people are in real life but come to think of it in NYC and plenty of other places there are selfish morons just like some of the people in Gantz.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 01:00:15

Hmm, it's been a little bit, but I'm still around and much thanks to Inny for depositing for me :D

I'd just like to drop a quick comment on the latest happenings in Bleach. I mean things are really picking up, and the action has stayed pretty steady. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks that there's just too man characters for the show to follow... I mean how many episodes has it been since we've seen Inoue or that bow and arrow guy... hell I can't even remember his name it's been so long since I goddamn saw him, Anyway, anyone else feel the writer's have a little to much on their hands?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 01:16:13

At 7/14/05 01:00 AM, Noctroler wrote: Hmm, it's been a little bit, but I'm still around and much thanks to Inny for depositing for me :D

I'd just like to drop a quick comment on the latest happenings in Bleach. I mean things are really picking up, and the action has stayed pretty steady. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks that there's just too man characters for the show to follow... I mean how many episodes has it been since we've seen Inoue or that bow and arrow guy... hell I can't even remember his name it's been so long since I goddamn saw him, Anyway, anyone else feel the writer's have a little to much on their hands?

I think Orihime and Ishida have been forgotten in the anime...

But I hear that the manga is making some serious "WTF!" moments as of late...

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 02:51:46

No call him Ichi from Ichi the Killer (Bloody Obscure Japanese flick). He killed people with razors that were on the back of his shoes. But anyways, I'm not a homophobe because I have gay, lesbian and bi friends. I'm just a little more friendly with the Bi girls and lesbians because thier females. Do you really want your gay friend hitting on you? Didn't think so.

Also I was wondering this for a while but has anyone seen the movie Lost In Translation? I still think that was Bill Murray's greatest film after Groundhog's Day. Bill Murray in Japan with Scarlet Johanssen? Hello!? They even shown her walking through an arcade with guys playing Taiko no Tatsujin. Guitar Freaks, and Pop n'Music 9 I think. Those are all Japanese music games by the way.

Now it seems I've strayed off the anime path. Well let's see. I finished watching Onegai Teacher for like the 100th time, read Vol. 3 of Ai Yori Aoshi, read Vol. 2 of I's, read Vol. 3 of Megatokyo, finished FLCL for the 100th time, and picked up the brand new last volume of Boys Over Flowers. Trust me the ending is great. But don't think just because I love reading Shojo manga with romance makes me gay. I just like reading them because thier more realistic then a monster getting it's ass kicked.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 02:58:13

At 7/14/05 02:51 AM, Renewman wrote:
Now it seems I've strayed off the anime path. Well let's see. I finished watching Onegai Teacher for like the 100th time, read Vol. 3 of Ai Yori Aoshi, read Vol. 2 of I's, read Vol. 3 of Megatokyo, finished FLCL for the 100th time, and picked up the brand new last volume of Boys Over Flowers. Trust me the ending is great. But don't think just because I love reading Shojo manga with romance makes me gay. I just like reading them because thier more realistic then a monster getting it's ass kicked.

Is I's any good? And whats it about. I have been wondering weather or not to buy it. And whats up with you going on about the gay thing I havent noticed any one saying anything about you or the gay thing in the past few postes. So its over stop talking about it it could end up getting the club closed. Or not mabe im just being a noob. :)

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 03:52:24

Hey well I heard this Rumor that they might make a part 2 to Hellsing im not sure of this is true but it wold be most awsome and wise. Hellsings ending kind of lacked.

also I was wondering what are some ood mangas.
Cause I was looking and their was quite a selection.
(note)
I dont really like mechs or anything.
the type of manga I liike is
Action
romantic or comady (perferaby both)
a romanic comedy.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 05:44:46

At 7/13/05 06:50 PM, Jason_Voorhees wrote: Well, the only thing that's amazing in GANTZ is the animation.

The animation in GANTZ is great, but I also like the plot.

One of the worst endings ever (after Elfen Lied).

Really? What happens at the end of Elfen Lied? Everyone on the Anime Network forum keeps on shouting their love for Elfen Lied, so it will be pretty funny once they are given a crappy ending.

And, as someone has already mentioned, the characters are all complaining and whining.

Very true, it's an emotional series. The girl's voice in the English version is very annoying, and completely ear-splitting when she screams. So annoying, but I still love GANTZ.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 10:23:09

At 7/12/05 03:10 AM, 49Animations wrote:
Code Lyoko, was ok, I mean I followed the series, but ended gay, because after they made the one chick a human some how, they stopped playing the episodes, so yeah...

You actually watched the whole thing!? I got insane with two episodes. By the way, CL isn't anime. It's made by those gay ass french bastards.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 10:42:11

Now here's something that I'd like to know. Is anime or manga done by an american and not a japanese person considered anime or manga? I'm not sure if it is or not so I want some opinions to this question.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 11:13:13

At 7/14/05 10:42 AM, Warspyer wrote: Is

*If :: I'm guessing ::

anime or manga done by an american and not a japanese person considered anime or manga?

Take Teen Titans for example. It looks somewhat like anime, but it's american, and it's not.

Winks Club, it's French, looks similar to anime in some ways, is not.

Totally Spies, again it's French, looks like anime, but it is not anime.

W.I.T.C.H. has an anime style, made in america, is not anime.

---

IMO, if it's not made in Japan, where anime and manga come from, it's not authentic, it's just a knock off.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 11:15:14

To those people who said "It's not considered Anime /Manga if it isn't madein Japan!" So if I went all the way to Japan and made a Manga there< It would instantly be considered a Manga?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 11:47:03

At 7/14/05 03:52 AM, secret_toad wrote: also I was wondering what are some ood mangas.
Cause I was looking and their was quite a selection.
(note)
I dont really like mechs or anything.
the type of manga I liike is
Action
romantic or comady (perferaby both)
a romanic comedy.

I'll tell you to pick up Maison Ikkoku. It's one of Takahashi's works and we all know how I like Takahashi so that's probably why I like it. But other than that it's cute. It's about this flunk out student that lives in an apartment and has a huge crush on the new apartment manager. It's rather funny and it might be just up your ally.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 12:13:21

At 7/14/05 02:58 AM, SinFilledHeart wrote:
At 7/14/05 02:51 AM, Renewman wrote:
Is I's any good? And whats it about. I have been wondering weather or not to buy it.

I's is about this guy who is painfully shy around females who has a crush on a girl in his school. But the girl is a model and is lusted by every boy in school so he thinks that she would reject him anyway. But when e is forced into doing a project with his crush, we find out that He might not be the only one who has a crush on someone close to him. It's a really good stroy so far. If you like fanservice I definitely suggest getting this manga. There's tons of it in there. And the humor is outrageously funny as our main hero has many *cough* inappropriate *cough* daygreams about his crush.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 12:23:09

At 7/14/05 11:13 AM, Master_Inuyasha wrote: IMO, if it's not made in Japan, where anime and manga come from, it's not authentic, it's just a knock off.

Though it's not to hard to tell to difference really.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 12:23:11

Yo, can I join?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 13:16:15

At 7/14/05 12:23 PM, docfox05 wrote: Yo, can I join?

*Points at sig*

All the info you need in order to join can be found in my sig.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 14:36:34

Thanks.

5 favorite anime:
Naruto
Chrono Crusade
Full Metal Alchemist
Yami no Matsuei
Yu Yu Hakusho

My character: Byakko from Yami no Matsuei

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 15:02:06

Im probably the biggest Otaku on Newgrounds.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 15:47:19

At 7/14/05 02:36 PM, docfox05 wrote: My character: Byakko from Yami no Matsuei

Nice choice. But I'd go with Dr.Muraki if I was in your shoes. But then again, he's awsome.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 16:05:24

At 7/14/05 03:47 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 7/14/05 02:36 PM, docfox05 wrote: My character: Byakko from Yami no Matsuei
Nice choice. But I'd go with Dr.Muraki if I was in your shoes. But then again, he's awsome.

I thought about it, but that dude is creepier than I'd like to represent myself as.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 16:45:23

I'm going to have to disagree. No one is creepier than Orochimaru (Naruto) or Nin-Nin (La Blue Girl) Nin-Nin is so perverted its funny but creepy as well. Orochimaru is pale and uses a snake as his weapon. That's just weird.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 17:00:21

At 7/14/05 04:45 PM, Renewman wrote: I'm going to have to disagree. No one is creepier than Orochimaru (Naruto) or Nin-Nin (La Blue Girl) Nin-Nin is so perverted its funny but creepy as well. Orochimaru is pale and uses a snake as his weapon. That's just weird.

I don't consider Orochimaru creepy as much as freaky. And man, is that dude a freak.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 17:58:34

At 7/14/05 05:00 PM, docfox05 wrote:
At 7/14/05 04:45 PM, Renewman wrote: I'm going to have to disagree. No one is creepier than Orochimaru (Naruto) or Nin-Nin (La Blue Girl) Nin-Nin is so perverted its funny but creepy as well. Orochimaru is pale and uses a snake as his weapon. That's just weird.
I don't consider Orochimaru creepy as much as freaky. And man, is that dude a freak.

****maybe spoiler*****
when like they said that he was using the immortality jutusu n his skins a bit teared off revealing a girl...i thot that was freaking freaky...i was like "W00T?!?! EWW"

*end of spoiler****************

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-14 18:12:11

Yeah, I told my brother that Bridget from Guilty gear was actually a guy, and he doesnt believe me. Is there some little scap of info on the web anywere that proves this?

BBS Signature