00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maybenotriver just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,951,731 Views | 59,824 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-11 23:57:01

you know, earth girl arjuna is pretty bad. but to me, it was mainly because of the storyline. it was so damn confusing, and i watched it from the beginning more times then i can count.

oh yeah, i finished gungrave. it is really good, but i wish for two things:
1) that more time had passed when beyond the grave appears
2) and that beyond the grave didn't "die", or that the series didn't end.
i want to know what happened with mika...but that's life.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 00:05:24

At 7/11/05 11:54 PM, Warspyer wrote:
At 7/11/05 10:58 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 7/11/05 10:48 PM, Warspyer wrote: Code Lyoko count as anime
Nope, it's French. But it's still one of the shittiest pieces of shitty shit I've ever seen.
The French are teh ghey. Hairy women and gay men. and the worship this giant eiffel thingy that looks like some kinda giant dildo. Shudders.

Hahahaha lol. That was messed up. But yet some what true sorry French people. lol

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 00:51:24

At 7/11/05 07:53 PM, ranma2679 wrote: what is the worst anime ever and why?

ok I thought long and hard about this... I don't see many that I don't like. But if I HAD to pick one I'd probably say Cosprayers. It was just kinda cheesy... The reason why I don't say Yugioh, Pokemon, Beyblade or any of those is because it was for a certin audience and it reached that audience. Another one I didn't really care for much is FLCL... yea I know you guys are gonna shoot me but it just wasn't my style I guess. But over all I like all the anime I see. They all have their good elements.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 01:17:57

Hello do you mind if i join im an alright fan of anime im a noobie though i've never been to a cosplay convention before (been to comic conventions which is another story)
I like:
One piece-ive read most of the manga and seen a little of the show(i know its kiddy)
Inuyashas-alright with me ill sit through it.
full metal alchemist- i like
samurai champloo-one of my favorites
my non adult swim list.
robotech-my favorite to date jets that turn to robots sweet.
Gundam-(the first not wing,made during the 80's)
i know im not very much into "underground" anime but i would like to join this club.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 01:29:49

At 7/12/05 12:51 AM, Tink13 wrote:
At 7/11/05 07:53 PM, ranma2679 wrote: what is the worst anime ever and why?
ok I thought long and hard about this... I don't see many that I don't like. But if I HAD to pick one I'd probably say Cosprayers. It was just kinda cheesy... The reason why I don't say Yugioh, Pokemon, Beyblade or any of those is because it was for a certin audience and it reached that audience. Another one I didn't really care for much is FLCL... yea I know you guys are gonna shoot me but it just wasn't my style I guess. But over all I like all the anime I see. They all have their good elements.

Hmmm I have never seen Cosprayers what is it about? And why not FLCL I love Fooly Cooly. It is kinda weird and well its all weird. But for some reason I LOVE it. Lol. But I gess you have to be into that kinda thing to like it. I think BeyBlade becouse its just stupid. Lame as hell you fight with lame ass spinning tops woo what fun. But you do have a point it does appeal to a certain group of people. Oh well every one has a certain type of anime they like.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 03:10:10

The american version of one piece sucks as because the dubbing on it is really bad, so the japanese kicks ass, but has minor plot holes, as for the Manga's are flawless...

Super Milk Chan sucked balls
GT was a put down, because all the good parts were dubbed out really bad, as for the new uncut version of Z, is better then before.
.Hack is frikin amazing since there is really nothing to dub, so yeah

Code Lyoko, was ok, I mean I followed the series, but ended gay, because after they made the one chick a human some how, they stopped playing the episodes, so yeah...

Digimon was better then pokemon, and Bay baldes sucked

I say my favorite Anime would be rather s-CRY-ed, but there is still bad dubbing in that to, or Ghost in the Shell

also ROD was ok... but didn't like how the people can form paper into anything they wanted it to be... was a really good story line... but does have good action...

That is all from me... if that isn't enough to join this club then I'm out of ideas, oh and if Sanji from One Peice isn't taken, then I'm Sanji

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 04:48:47

Worst anime and manga huh? Yes, I can finally vent on this club my views. First off, the entire Dragonball Saga from beginning to end was horrible. Why? Bad dubbing and too much editing. Next is Love Hina. Now I love this anime, but I also think its one of the worst anime ever because they didn't follow the storyline. They followed at the beginning, put in fillers towards the middle, and then try to cram 5 volumes of the manga into 5 episodes. I shit you not. That'sjust pure laziness on Akamtsu's part. But the anime I think is the worst of all time is:

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

OMG HE DIDN'T JUST SAY FMA rOFL10101AK02.

Yes, I did say FMA. Now before you start getting your pitchforks listen to my side. \

1. The entire, trying to revive your dead mother storyline is not original. I'm sorry. I watched the very first 10 minutes of FMA and I stopped watching altogether.

2. The story has no substance either. The whole State Alchemist Conspiracy thing can only get you so far. If it wasn't for Winry, I'd say this show wouldn't be funny either.

3.The art of FMA IMO is not catchy or inspiring as say the art of GITS, or even Inuyasha. The colors are bland (except for that red cape) and leave much to be desired.

4. But the one thing I hate more than anything about FMA is the Voice acting. Ed's voice acting makes me realize now that there is a Devil. Only a voice like that could come from Hell.

Like someone said earlier, don't hate me, FMA just didn't fit my style like mot of the FMA fans here.

Oh and sorry to burst your bubbles but Super Milk Chan is an anime and it's funny as hell, You Dumbasses! LOL

My choice for worst manga of all time? Hmmmm. I would have to say ts between Demon Diary or Fruits Basket. Reason? They both have bishounen boys in them. E'nuff said.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 10:29:05

At 7/11/05 08:07 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote:

:... AND I HAVE FINALY LEARNED TO USE THE FUCKING CHOPSTICKS AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF !!!!!!!!!

It took you about 18 months? I learned to use chopsticks in only 1 month, but I can only use them with my left hand because I don't write with my right hand.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 11:08:29

At 7/12/05 10:29 AM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 7/11/05 08:07 PM, BeanBagBoy wrote: ... AND I HAVE FINALY LEARNED TO USE THE FUCKING CHOPSTICKS AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF !!!!!!!!!
It took you about 18 months? I learned to use chopsticks in only 1 month, but I can only use them with my left hand because I don't write with my right hand.

lol, i learned to use chopsticks when i was probably around 7, n i learned to use them in a few hours of practicing.....what really puzzles me is how most north americans dont know how to use chopsticks considering the high amount of asians that live here...i say this because im from colombia n theres not even one asian there. and i also learned to use them pretty fast....but then again thats just my opinion.

and for worst anime and manga im gonna have to say.....duel masters (dubbed or original) n manga i wil say....mmm, i dont think ive ever read a bad manga in my life.....most of the ones i read are reconmmended so i usually like them....oh well ^_^

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 11:31:38

At 7/11/05 07:53 PM, ranma2679 wrote: i have a mass question for everyone here
what is the worst anime ever and why?

Love Hina, because it had some over-used Anime humour! I don't like romance that much! The only thing good about it was it had fanservice and it was an Anime! Justabout every Anime in Canda except for Sonic, Dot Hack, Gundam SEED, Inuyasha, Beast Wars, Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z! Every other Anime here sucks....

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 11:32:28

LOL Brew, you should do those pick things more often. Garashukaku (I'm not sure if I spelled it right, please don't hate me) and Mr. Trivia, I have never used chopsticks before, EVER! we have a couple from a restaraunt we went to in the White Oak's Mall in London, ONT (beautiful place), Renewman, you are picky. My friend loves fruit basket. I didn't know it was a manga, I always thought it was a book or something. So Renewman, are you gay or bi? just wondering since you think that fruit basket has pretty boys in them makes you sound gay or bi, therefore, I agree with Brewtality, It sounds like you're insecure in your masculinity. once again Renewman, I'm just curious

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 11:42:14

One more thing, Why did YTV take Duel Masters off? It was good with the real-life humour, to me anyway

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 11:54:13

At 7/12/05 11:42 AM, Agumon1505 wrote: One more thing, Why did YTV take Duel Masters off?

Uhh.... Probably because they finished the series! Or maybe the ratings went down!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 11:58:46

or maybe they're pulling an ABC Kids where they play a show and forget to air the last few episodes

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 12:18:44

Wow man a few of you dont like good anime

FMA
what are you takling about over used ive never seen anybody in any anime try to revive their dead mother. Also the Alchemy thing is pretty original. Ive only seen Alchemist in Final fantasy before FMA came out. Even With out Winry it would still be funny. Al is pretty Funny the way he fills up and stuff.Its very Emotinoal thats Another reason I like FMA is because It shows the bond between the brothers. The characters are awsome they all have cool history especially Scar.The art is not the same style as everything else. Look ant Dn angel thats Amature art cause its nothing new.Over all FMA rocks.

Love hina
well It depends on you what you like.
I for one love Love Hina not because it has Fanservice (though it gets extra points for that)
but its Fun and silly. I mean one dude always crashes his car and bleeds from the head.
Its pretty random but the story is good as well. Musics awsome but the manga oh yeah.
The manga is 45 times better, funnier,and longer .If you like animes like umm Tenchi and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu youll probably like this one.

Animes I hate.
Reing the Concour
Zatch bell
Code Lyoko
winks club
anything with robots
Umm .hack a little
aruja
super milk chan

Animes I love
Love hina
Ful metyal panic Fumofful
Samurai Champloo
tenchi
Samurai deeper Kyo
outlaw star
Dragon ball
Cramarti High school
Azumanga Daiho

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 12:53:39

At 7/12/05 12:18 PM, secret_toad wrote: Animes I hate.

I agree with all of those, exept .Hack. Mainly because i want to know which one, "Sign" or "Legend of the Twilight". I'd like to add that I dont like One Peace (Dub) cause of the editing from its manga and the shity voice acting it has

Animes I love

I didnt like the last two on the list, but the rest are great.

Heres my list for the heck of it

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
FLCL
Full Metal Alchemist
My HiME
Neon Genises Evangalion
Love Hina
Mahoromatic
Please Teacher
Samurai Champloo
Outlaw Star
Serial Experiments Lain
Excel Saga
Bleach
Tsubasa Chronicle
Naruto

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 13:45:17

At 7/12/05 12:18 PM, secret_toad wrote: Wow man a few of you dont like good anime

FMA
what are you takling about over used ive never seen anybody in any anime try to revive their dead mother. Also the Alchemy thing is pretty original. Ive only seen Alchemist in Final fantasy before FMA came out. Even With out Winry it would still be funny. Al is pretty Funny the way he fills up and stuff.Its very Emotinoal thats Another reason I like FMA is because It shows the bond between the brothers. The characters are awsome they all have cool history especially Scar.The art is not the same style as everything else. Look ant Dn angel thats Amature art cause its nothing new.Over all FMA rocks.

FMA's plot is very lacking, it isn't very dark at all but I do agree that the animation is pretty good. Honestly there's almost nothing in FMA that makes you stop and think o and did I mention the plot is simple and lacking. Characters develop ver little (if any at all) and overall it's just not THAT good. My personal score for this one I think I'v already posted but hey I'll post it again it's a 2/5.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 13:47:29

At 7/12/05 12:53 PM, ChronotheDevil wrote:
At 7/12/05 12:18 PM, secret_toad wrote: Animes I hate.
I agree with all of those, exept .Hack. Mainly because i want to know which one, "Sign" or "Legend of the Twilight". I'd like to add that I dont like One Peace (Dub) cause of the editing from its manga and the shity voice acting it has

Animes I love
I didnt like the last two on the list, but the rest are great.

Heres my list for the heck of it

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
FLCL
Full Metal Alchemist
My HiME
Neon Genises Evangalion
Love Hina
Mahoromatic
Please Teacher
Samurai Champloo
Outlaw Star
Serial Experiments Lain
Excel Saga
Bleach
Tsubasa Chronicle
Naruto

......Evidently you didn't understand Evangelion or Lain for that matter....................................

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 13:54:14

What's with the chibi characters in Dot Hack//Dusk? In the first series the characters were normal size! Why make the characters in the new series chibi?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 14:38:37

At 7/12/05 12:18 PM, secret_toad wrote: Code Lyoko
winks club

Again, they aren't anime, they are French shit.

At 7/12/05 01:47 PM, Dudeman05 wrote: ......Evidently you didn't understand Evangelion or Lain for that matter.

Those are the anime he likes. And don't use that many periods one period can do the job just fine.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 14:59:55

hay ne-one here ever watch TENCHI MUYO (NOT TENCH IN TOKYO OR TENCHI UNIVERSE!!!11)

When's the episodes comming out!!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 15:05:22

At 7/12/05 02:59 PM, Riousoul wrote: hay ne-one here ever watch TENCHI MUYO (NOT TENCH IN TOKYO OR TENCHI UNIVERSE!!!11)

When's the episodes comming out!!

All of Tenchi has been finished for the past couple of years except for GXP I think, but I'm not sure GXP might still be going.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 15:08:33

At 7/12/05 02:38 PM, Master_Inuyasha wrote:
At 7/12/05 12:18 PM, secret_toad wrote: Code Lyoko
winks club
Again, they aren't anime, they are French shit.

At 7/12/05 01:47 PM, Dudeman05 wrote: ......Evidently you didn't understand Evangelion or Lain for that matter.
Those are the anime he likes. And don't use that many periods one period can do the job just fine.

Sorry Secret_Toad I wasn't sure if those were animes you hated or liked.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 16:12:57

Thank you Dudeman. FMA's story just doesn't capture me. Oh andhas anyone heard? The third DVD of Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki has just been released and they even managed to get most of the original cast to do the voices. So I'm going to Suncoast as soon as possible to get it seeing as Vol. 2 came out 5 years ago.......

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 16:13:41

At 7/12/05 03:08 PM, Dudeman05 wrote: Sorry Secret_Toad I wasn't sure if those were animes you hated or liked.

Hey Dudeman... can I pick on ya for a few mins here? I'm not gonna be mean or anything but I'd like to have an in depth disscussion with you about anime. You're the one that said you like mainly serious stuff right? I mean Serious stuff is cool but what about the other stuff? Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Bleach, Ah! My Goddess... Also define serious. I mean an anime can be serious with some comedy elements in it. So talk to me about this here.

For the record, I like about every anime I watch. Some of it is strange but I like it all for the most part.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 16:19:53

Sorry for the double post but I have to clear something up. First of all, I am not gay. I am heterosexual and I have a girlfriend. The reason I dislike bishounen boys is because when I read a manga, I want to be able to distinguish who is female and male. When I read Demon Diary for the first time, I thought the main character was a girl. Turned out is was a boy with a very girlish hairstyle. The same went for Fushigi Yugi. I thought one of the Constellations of Suzaku was a girl but it was revealed later he was an effeminate looking male who was homosexual. Same also goes for Jokatsu in Inuyusha. I thought he was a female until it was revelaed he was a cross-dressing homosexual. What I'm trying to say is, if the anime or manga can't decide wheteher its characters or male or female, I dislike it.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 16:51:21

At 7/12/05 01:47 PM, Dudeman05 wrote: ......Evidently you didn't understand Evangelion or Lain for that matter....................................

I did understand them, thank you very much. I liked them both be because of the depth that they were going, not alot of anime go to that extent.

What I'm trying to say is, if the anime or manga can't decide wheteher its characters or male or female, I dislike it.

So, let me get this straight. You dont like it when they (the creators) put chractures in there anime that have gender issues. And, if i got this right, you also dont like it when your mislead to believe that a chracture is of the oppisite sex, when the creator choose that chractures personality to serve some purpose. To me, I only thought of one thing when reading your post...... HOMOPHOBE.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 16:52:46

At 7/12/05 04:19 PM, Renewman wrote: The reason I dislike bishounen boys is because when I read a manga, I want to be able to distinguish who is female and male...

Then you probably wouldn't like Guilty Gear
**SPOILER**
Bridget is really a boy
**END SPOILER**

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 17:01:31

At 7/12/05 04:52 PM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 7/12/05 04:19 PM, Renewman wrote: The reason I dislike bishounen boys is because when I read a manga, I want to be able to distinguish who is female and male...
**SPOILER**
Bridget is really a boy
**END SPOILER**

Uhh... Mr_trivia couldn't you have come up with an Anime related spoiler instead of a family guy spoiler!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-12 17:08:54

At 7/12/05 05:01 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote:
At 7/12/05 04:52 PM, mr_trivia wrote:
**SPOILER**
Bridget is really a boy
**END SPOILER**
Uhh... Mr_trivia couldn't you have come up with an Anime related spoiler instead of a family guy spoiler!

I'm sorry about that. At the time, I thought Guilty Gear was sufficiently anime-related.

BBS Signature