00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,828,370 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-13 21:19:36

At 7/5/15 11:08 PM, Cubone wrote: contemplating

gate
overlord

overlord purely because madhouse animation is fun to watch and gate because i've always avoided the manga because the few pieces of art i've seen didn't look that good but it has a lot of hype riding behind it so ehhhh

You should get them both, and let us know your thoughts.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-13 23:15:19

So.

I just recently finished Gurren Lagann, working on Sword Art Online right now. Those may be "newbie" animes, I dunno. Oh, also Tokyo Ghoul. Shit left me way unsatisfied; here's hoping for a season 3.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-18 01:07:53 (edited 2015-07-18 01:08:59)

At 7/13/15 09:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/5/15 11:08 PM, Cubone wrote: contemplating

gate
overlord

overlord purely because madhouse animation is fun to watch and gate because i've always avoided the manga because the few pieces of art i've seen didn't look that good but it has a lot of hype riding behind it so ehhhh
You should get them both, and let us know your thoughts.

so here's what happened, i didn't feel compelled enough to start watching the new gatchaman or working maybe when all of the episodes are out then i'll start.

overlord is okay nothing special, gate has potential the first two episodes were promising, i have no problems with the prison school adaptation, seeing kiyoshi and gakuto animated is more than enough for me and apparently the arm wrestling scene with andre and vice prez will be handled by MAPPA so i'm looking forward to that. i ended up watching himouto on a whim, when she goes into her little hamster or whatever form she's annoying but adorable at the same time, her hamster design is just really incredibly cute overall and uhh thats it

that opening is disgustingly cute

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-18 23:23:52

At 7/18/15 01:07 AM, Cubone wrote: i have no problems with the prison school adaptation, seeing kiyoshi and gakuto animated is more than enough for me and apparently the arm wrestling scene with andre and vice prez will be handled by MAPPA so i'm looking forward to that. i ended up watching himouto on a whim, when she goes into her little hamster or whatever form she's annoying but adorable at the same time, her hamster design is just really incredibly cute overall and uhh thats it

Sounds like you gave it a chance, and it was good except for the incredible cute factor. Not bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-21 19:07:28

At 7/18/15 11:23 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/18/15 01:07 AM, Cubone wrote: i have no problems with the prison school adaptation, seeing kiyoshi and gakuto animated is more than enough for me and apparently the arm wrestling scene with andre and vice prez will be handled by MAPPA so i'm looking forward to that. i ended up watching himouto on a whim, when she goes into her little hamster or whatever form she's annoying but adorable at the same time, her hamster design is just really incredibly cute overall and uhh thats it
Sounds like you gave it a chance, and it was good except for the incredible cute factor. Not bad.

More than it can be said for these guys:

http://theglorioblog.com/2015/07/12/first-look-himouto-umaru-chan/

We'll have to wait and see their thoughts once the season ends.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-21 21:08:52

Hey guys. Looking for an anime, but I forgot the name again.
Its a recent anime, and I think its still ongoing, but mightve recently come to an end, dunno. Probably the former.
Its set in a post-apocalyptic world where vampires have taken over and outnumber the humans, but theres a team of vampire killers that hunt down and kill vampires, and the story follows a kid who escaped from being enslaved by the vampires and attends a school in order to make it on to the team of vampire killers. The kid is also a bit of an ass cuz he lost his best friend to the vampires when he was escaping.
Ive only watched the first 2 episodes of this anime, so I dont know much more than that. I do remember that the cover picture for the anime had a guy wielding what looked like a green scythe(as far as I can remember).

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-22 03:10:17

At 7/21/15 09:08 PM, Lionelion wrote:
Ive only watched the first 2 episodes of this anime, so I dont know much more than that. I do remember that the cover picture for the anime had a guy wielding what looked like a green scythe(as far as I can remember).

Trinity Blood?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-23 00:34:07 (edited 2015-07-23 00:47:23)

At 7/22/15 03:10 AM, HeroKuun wrote:
Trinity Blood?

No, that wasnt it. I actually just found it, its called Owari No Seraph for those curious. Thanks anyway tho

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-23 17:59:42

I was watching Selector Infected WIXOSS.
Pretty good.
I'm hooked with that anime...
You should watch it too.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-23 19:57:58

At 7/23/15 05:59 PM, Migeru wrote: I was watching Selector Infected WIXOSS.
Pretty good.
I'm hooked with that anime...
You should watch it too.

Can you tell us why we should watch it? Do you have a link?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-24 11:10:17

i just recently finished the first two episodes of Ushio & Tora and it's really good, the show has a lot of heart and reminds me of what i liked about shounen. the source material is from the early 90s so it has that throwback aesthetic and vibe going on as well if you're into that kind of stuff

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 01:36:21

At 7/24/15 08:01 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/23/15 12:34 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 7/22/15 03:10 AM, HeroKuun wrote:
Trinity Blood?
No, that wasnt it. I actually just found it, its called Owari No Seraph for those curious. Thanks anyway tho
Is it worth watching? I might consider that my next anime to watch.

I'd definitely say so. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but im already hooked. If you like seeing vampires get killed in awesome ways, then you'll love this. Main character comes off as a bit of an ass, but its somewhat justified, as you'll see in the first episode

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 14:47:50

At 7/25/15 09:09 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/25/15 01:36 AM, Lionelion wrote:
I'd definitely say so. I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but im already hooked. If you like seeing vampires get killed in awesome ways, then you'll love this. Main character comes off as a bit of an ass, but its somewhat justified, as you'll see in the first episode
An anime with vampires? As long as it's not shitty romance with vampires, like Rosario + Vampire or Diabolik Lovers, I might enjoy it.

Rosario + Vampires is actually better as a manga, but Gonzo blew this one however despite having a good voice cast and the fact that the source material is well ahead.

Problem is that they butchered it just so they can keep the fluff from the early chapters of the series. The second series is even worse.

At least the OP and ED themes are good.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 15:13:25

At 7/25/15 09:09 AM, Vinnyy wrote:
An anime with vampires? As long as it's not shitty romance with vampires, like Rosario + Vampire or Diabolik Lovers, I might enjoy it.

As far as I know, not at all. Its pure action

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 21:49:30

Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-25 22:02:24

At 7/25/15 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.

Or you could just hit up crunchyrolls, fifth season of Teekyuu is on.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-26 07:05:37

Hey there guys and gals!

I'm not nearly an otaku (as I wish to be), but I need your help finding the name of an anime.
Here are the details

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-27 23:19:52

I have been wondering for a while now ever since reading Himouto manga, does Taihei have an Oedipus Complex? I mean couple chapters have shown some glimpses of Taihei and Umaru's mom and she looked just like that spoiled size shifting hamster girl but fully grown.

Do you think Umaru was spoiled because she happens to look just like their mother?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-27 23:47:54

At 7/26/15 08:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

I just watched Toonami last Saturday night, and I thought it was alright. Don't really care for DBZ Kai, Kill la Kill was fun, though definitely doesn't live up to the ungodly amount of hype it got. {anyone who really thought that KLK was "saving" anime needs is a moron} Michiko and Hatchin is something I've never heard of before, so it might be worth a look and SAO II is just as polarizing as the first one, and I'll leave it at that. What I heard is that Akame ga kill is going to replace KLK on August 8th, so yeah.

Segueing from gateway anime here to something that isn't, I haven't heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes before, but it got near universal positive reviews from what I read, has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-28 00:45:12

At 7/27/15 11:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I have been wondering for a while now ever since reading Himouto manga, does Taihei have an Oedipus Complex? I mean couple chapters have shown some glimpses of Taihei and Umaru's mom and she looked just like that spoiled size shifting hamster girl but fully grown.

Do you think Umaru was spoiled because she happens to look just like their mother?

no idea as i haven't even touched the manga but you're making me interested for whats to come

At 7/27/15 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Segueing from gateway anime here to something that isn't, I haven't heard of Legend of the Galactic Heroes before, but it got near universal positive reviews from what I read, has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

i've heard of legend of the galactic heroes and the praises people have sung for it, as a matter of fact i actually have 44gb of episodes just sitting on my external hard drive but tackling a 110 episode series is a daunting task. let us know your initial reactions if you start watching

also if anyone is itching to start a manga give uwagaki a shot, it's short, sweet and it'll make your heart go doki doki suru

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-30 18:13:39

At 7/26/15 08:42 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 7/25/15 09:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami tonight better be good. I need some good anime tonight.
I haven't watched Toonami in ages. How is it? Do they still show some good anime like they used to?

They have good times and bad times. They finally ended Bleach, and now show Sword Art Online 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-07-31 01:10:06

At 7/27/15 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote: has anyone here heard of it before, much less seen it? It's a 110 episode OVA that recently got licensed to the West by Sentai Filmworks in case anyone wanted to know.

It's good, it's slow at times but for a 110 episode anime it's pacing is fine.

Probably one of the best produced shows of all time if not the best and it's easily worth the watching all of it.

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-01 15:39:25

I started watching Sword Art Online.

7 episodes in and don't think too much of it, really. Super episodic, protagonist is a total personality vacuum and the supporting cast aren't much better, and the animation isn't much to write home about (although some of background art is very pretty).

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-01 23:09:45

SAO is so overrated. I started watching SAO over a year ago, but I stopped at around episode 15 and never continued. I really don't see what all the hype is about. I'd say the anime is mediocre at best.

Someone who agrees with me finally

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 00:55:07

Last episode of Kill La Kill tonight. Another Anime last ends with a whimper.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 18:00:33

So I finished the new episode of "Rokka braves of the six flowers" and we need to spoiler talk. The entire episode was so tense you can cut it with a KNIFE.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-02 20:05:11

At 8/2/15 02:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Why not just watch the whole series online for free, like I always do?

How do you do that? Explain and provide links.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 01:01:55 (edited 2015-08-03 01:12:34)

Any good series this season that I might be missing out on?

I'm watching Wakako, Gatchaman, Ranpo Kitan, Charlotte, and Classroom Crisis.

At 8/2/15 10:09 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Gogoanime
Anilinkz

Why are you recommending garbage sites when the best legal site has the entire series for free in great quality?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kill-la-kill

End of story.

I don't like coming out of hiding to scold people, but holy shit.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 05:31:44

Started watching Gangsta and continuing with Dragon Ball super; so far each are good, respectively.

That guy

Response to Anime Club 2015-08-03 08:37:14

Gangsta is cool. Anyone else watch Prison School? Holy shit that show is nuts.

Also watching Working and Shokugeki no Soma which has been my favourite this year.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature