00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,813,150 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2013-01-30 00:05:29

At 1/27/13 09:47 PM, saqwert wrote: Do you guys buy anime paraphernalia?

I pretty much just buy DVDs.

Where from?

Usually Amazon.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-01-30 01:28:14

At 1/27/13 09:47 PM, saqwert wrote: Do you guys buy anime paraphernalia?

Rarely. Technically, I don't own any "anime" paraphernalia, I have the collectors figure from Aion (Asian styled... not so much anime), a tiny Fuka from Disgaea 4 (Also with collectors edition), and on the way I have an Insane Black Rock Shooter figure (While there is an anime of BRS... BRS originated from a Vocaloid song).

Where from?

Aion I got from EBGames, Fuka from NIS America's official site, and I ordered the IBRS figure from Crunchyroll (Which is where I'll likely get most of my stuff in the future, I've already been eyeing a couple Sword Art Online figures).

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-01-30 06:44:26

My anime collection is slowly growing. All this started because I wanted to see what the anime Highlander film was like. Akira - The Ultimate Edition just arrived in the mail this morning. One disc contains the original film and the other contains a remastered version. I see this film cropping up on eBay a lot and it has good rating, so to get the ultimate collection for about £3 seemed like a worthy investment.

Still not finished Ouran yet. Think I'll be about to start on episode 15, which I'll do later today.

Anime Club

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-01-30 09:35:06

At 1/30/13 09:31 AM, Austerity wrote: There's also word of Vegeta going SSJ3. And Akira Toriyama himself said that if the movie does really well he will oversee a new Dragonball show series. Never saw any of this coming a year ago, same with the upcoming Star Wars films.

If that happens, it should take place immediately after the last DBZ episode, officially recognizing that GT is not canon.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-01-30 09:35:15

At 1/30/13 09:26 AM, Austerity wrote: And Bills stopping SSJ3 Goku with a single finger.

Good to now they havent stopped making dragonball movies

Response to Anime Club 2013-01-30 16:23:30

What anime should I watch? All I really have seen is Death Note and the first 25 episodes of One Piece.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-04 06:12:04

At 1/30/13 04:23 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: What anime should I watch? All I really have seen is Death Note and the first 25 episodes of One Piece.

If you enjoyed DN, I'd recommend Code Geass, since it has somewhat the same feel to it.
Hellsing: Ultimate, if you want to see something bloody and awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-04 14:46:15

At 2/4/13 06:12 AM, ShadyChap wrote:
At 1/30/13 04:23 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: What anime should I watch? All I really have seen is Death Note and the first 25 episodes of One Piece.
If you enjoyed DN, I'd recommend Code Geass, since it has somewhat the same feel to it.
Hellsing: Ultimate, if you want to see something bloody and awesome.

I'd definitely second Hellsing: Ultimate... even if it was never finished. Code Geass on the other hand... I swear, I'm like the only person that doesn't like it... I watched 1 episode then dropped it.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-04 15:46:59

Angel Beats!
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Steins;Gate

Those would definitely be my very top rec's as far as action/adventure goes.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-04 15:48:31

At 2/4/13 03:46 PM, Sevkat wrote: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Whoops, that one's a comedy.
But a very, very, very good one.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-07 23:06:41

At 2/4/13 03:46 PM, Sevkat wrote:

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Whatever you do. DO NOT watch the Evangelion movies before the actual anime

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 13:32:50

At 2/7/13 11:06 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 2/4/13 03:46 PM, Sevkat wrote: Neon Genesis Evangelion

duh, obviously.
It's actually confusing as hell, you have to watch the entire series, EXCLUDING the last TWO episodes. It's mandatory that you watch End of Evangelion before the end of the series. Then watch Evangelion 1, and 2.
STILL WAITING ON THE NEW EVANGELION, KNAWMEEN?

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 13:53:52

At 2/8/13 01:32 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 2/7/13 11:06 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 2/4/13 03:46 PM, Sevkat wrote: Neon Genesis Evangelion
duh, obviously.
It's actually confusing as hell, you have to watch the entire series, EXCLUDING the last TWO episodes. It's mandatory that you watch End of Evangelion before the end of the series. Then watch Evangelion 1, and 2.
STILL WAITING ON THE NEW EVANGELION, KNAWMEEN?

no you gotta watch eps 25 and 26 first, so that you can decide that you fucking hate evangelion the miserable piece of shit show that it is, and then you can watch EoE so your brain can explode in a slightly better way

it just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 14:57:55

finished FMA: Brotherhood. great show despite some annoying anime cliches.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 16:00:10

So I finished Clannad and it's After Story. Oh god I cried like a bitch, but it was GOOOOOOD.
I've also started watching Fairy Tail. I usually hate shonen action anime like this (Naruto and Bleach are God Tier on my shit list), but this one's actually pretty fun, and it ACTUALLY cuts the bullshit and doesn't drag on for 15 episodes to end a fight. Awesome music as well.
I'm only at episode 20 though, so it'll probably degrade into horribleness after ~50 episodes like most others in this genre. I have some hope though.

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 17:04:39

At 2/8/13 04:00 PM, PWJP wrote:
I'm only at episode 20 though, so it'll probably degrade into horribleness after ~50 episodes like most others in this genre. I have some hope though.

Actually it gets a lot better as it goes on. When I first started watching it it just felt like a mediocre Naruto/One Piece wanna-be, but it kept improving on every arc and it's one of my favorite shows now. And yes the soundtrack is great, folk metal is the perfect music style to accompany magic battles. The same composer also made the soundtrack for Naruto which I also listen to on a regular basis.

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 17:07:30

At 2/8/13 01:53 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: no you gotta watch eps 25 and 26 first, so that you can decide that you fucking hate evangelion the miserable piece of shit show that it is, and then you can watch EoE so your brain can explode in a slightly better way

No way man
You have to watch the series ending second
Are you fucking insane?

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-08 21:03:35

No way man
You have to watch the series ending second
Are you fucking insane?

Both endings made me hate anime for about half an hour

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-09 08:08:07

At 2/4/13 02:46 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'd definitely second Hellsing: Ultimate... even if it was never finished.

It is finished. The last episode, 10, was released in December of last year.

At 2/8/13 02:57 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: finished FMA: Brotherhood. great show despite some annoying anime cliches.

There is so many things in Brotherhood that make me happy. Man, what a great show it was.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-09 19:22:41

At 2/8/13 01:32 PM, Sevkat wrote: It's mandatory that you watch End of Evangelion before the end of the series.

To hell with this bullshit, watching 25 + 26 after EoE changes nothing and if anything only cheapens the impact of EoE. Just watch everything in release order, Death & Rebirth is optional.

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-11 21:58:44

At 2/9/13 07:22 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 2/8/13 01:32 PM, Sevkat wrote: It's mandatory that you watch End of Evangelion before the end of the series.
To hell with this bullshit, watching 25 + 26 after EoE changes nothing and if anything only cheapens the impact of EoE. Just watch everything in release order, Death & Rebirth is optional.

Isn't Death just the whole series all over again?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-11 23:04:02

At 2/9/13 08:08 AM, Kisuke wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:46 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'd definitely second Hellsing: Ultimate... even if it was never finished.
It is finished. The last episode, 10, was released in December of last year.

I didn't know that they went up to that number. I hope they release the rest of it subbed and dubbed soon. I know there is a box set of 5, 6, and 7, which I intend to get at some point.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-12 12:01:13

At 2/11/13 09:58 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Isn't Death just the whole series all over again?

It's just a summary of the first 24 episodes occasionally from different perspectives, that's why it's optional. Absolutely god tier soundtrack though (video contains EoE spoilers).

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-12 12:16:53

I'm gonna barge into your club in and post this.

More Ghost in the Shell: Arise infos
The more professional version...

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-12 12:43:35

At 2/11/13 11:04 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I didn't know that they went up to that number. I hope they release the rest of it subbed and dubbed soon. I know there is a box set of 5, 6, and 7, which I intend to get at some point.

I figured you did. If you're feeling up for some 'law breaking' you could always acquire the rest of the OVAs and watch them before FUNi releases them all.(probably be Q4 of this year or Q1 of next year)

At 2/12/13 12:16 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: More Ghost in the Shell: Arise infos

I could list ten reasons why my dick is rock hard right now. I figured it was only time before they did a prequel to SAC and the original two movies. Man, how I love me some GitS.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-12 17:30:37

At 2/12/13 12:16 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: I'm gonna barge into your club in and post this.

I am excite.

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-12 20:18:19

So uuuuh. Samurai 7 ended. Twas cool, I liked it.
Its a good length, 27 episodes. All of them packed with a decent amount of content that felt necessary, unlike I dunno, Bleach, Dragon ball Z, you know. That.
Wonder what I should watch next....

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-13 09:32:27

More GITS? Awesome, I gotta prepare myself for that because it's been years sine I last read/watched it. I loved Yoko Kanno's compositions on SAC so hopefully she's on board for these OVAs.

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-13 22:01:09

At 2/12/13 08:18 PM, sweet21 wrote: So uuuuh. Samurai 7 ended. Twas cool, I liked it.
Its a good length, 27 episodes. All of them packed with a decent amount of content that felt necessary, unlike I dunno, Bleach, Dragon ball Z, you know. That.
Wonder what I should watch next....

Watch Milky Holmes since it is the exact opposite of what you just listed

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2013-02-14 01:37:14

At 2/12/13 12:16 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: I'm gonna barge into your club in and post this.

Best part of the presentation was the repeated mentions of "Ghost in the Shelf"

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature