00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Graffiti Crew

403,494 Views | 2,478 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-18 14:51:24

actually a piece is just anything that isnt a tag, really... i mean aside from posters, wheat pastes, roll-ups and stickers.

and if you get this somehow, maybe in LA, deadly, there should be a lot of physical stores in LA that sell caps.

SadGirl, I dont mean to bring you down or anything, but maybe you should wait a bit before you start throwing up next to people of high stature. Your sticker pieces need work, and I'm talking aside from the kind of markers you used. Your letters lack style and originality. It also lacks consistency, which is like #1 when it comes to a good piece.

i like the name though, Lust

if u can, try and get some pics of ur handstyles, i wanna see those too. I'll show you what I've been throwin up just as soon as i get something that knows how to take pictures.

peace, again.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-19 00:20:33

All the hotels I've been to have wireless.

I'm going to be spending about three days in LA, and another week at the end of July, so I should have plenty of time to find those stores. Do you know any by name so I can try to find exactly where it is, rather than wandering around?

I've been practicing my bubble letters, and I got NEON down alright. It's not very original, and I'm really having a lot of trouble with my E's. Any advice?

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-19 01:21:04

hey guys i want to get into tagging but im not sure what kinda paint i should get? what are good techniques? im usually really good at art and i have this piece of plywood that i practice spraypaint on but its not good because all the paint drips to the bottom and it doesnt look like anything.
help?

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-19 09:02:48

At 6/19/07 01:21 AM, nolliehardflip wrote: hey guys i want to get into tagging but im not sure what kinda paint i should get? what are good techniques? im usually really good at art and i have this piece of plywood that i practice spraypaint on but its not good because all the paint drips to the bottom and it doesnt look like anything.
help?

Well there are many brands of paint and to me there all the same thing.... but dont get a can that says "Thrifty" of the front NEVER its horrible, its even a horrible filler.

I woundn't really know about techniques, but there are many diffrent styles like wildstyle, bubble letters and stuff.

Do you have a name? and also the paint may drip to the ground because your holding the can to close to it or you putting to much paint on a spot.

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-20 00:08:17

At 6/19/07 01:06 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: Also, since I live in Los Angeles, the freeway I find most intriguing with graffiti is the 101 freeway.

What exits? Or all along the free way?

Also, if you manage to go to South Central or close to there and you see any RMS graffiti, those are my friends and I'm going to wait for an opportunity to get in that krew.

Sounds cool, although I'm jealous that you live in a city that actually has graffiti.

Practice, practice, practice? Are you spelling it with a capital 'e', or lower-case 'e? I think the lower case e would be easier since you can sort of start it off like the letter 'c' and then change a bit of it around.

I tried upper case and that failed horribly, so I went to lower case and it's working out better. My dad's camera is packed some where, so as soon as everything is un-boxed (probably thursday) I'll take some pictures and post them, as long as we haven't lost the USB cord. But I've been practicing like crazy, and I'm considering trying to find a way to make the "e" look like a face.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-21 13:18:01

At 6/19/07 01:21 AM, nolliehardflip wrote: hey guys i want to get into tagging but im not sure what kinda paint i should get? what are good techniques? im usually really good at art and i have this piece of plywood that i practice spraypaint on but its not good because all the paint drips to the bottom and it doesnt look like anything.
help?

Starting off buy cheap paint. Cheaper paint isnt as thick, and doesnt look as good on the wall as the more expensive stuff does. Krylon, Montana, Painter's Touch are all better, more expensive brands of paint, and should only be used once you have enough experience.

The drips are probably because of the nozel you are using, and how much paint you're putting in one place. Some nozels spray faster than others, if you want your lines to look good you have to go and buy nozels from a graffiti store.

Deadly or NEON, upper case E's in bubble letters are a BITCH and a half to do, lower case E's are the way to go. If you want, you can keep your tags with the upper case E, thats your preference. I stick to lower case E because its quick, easy, and looks good.

And remember, a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE factor of making your TAG (the little scribbles you see on mailboxes, dumpsters, doors in alleyways) look good is HOW you move your marker. (A lot of people dont know that graff artists use markers too). If you move your marker slow, the lines will look messy. If you move your marker too fast, the paint will come out faded and it wont be a nice visibility. You have to FIND that perfect rate at which to move the pen, without stopping mid-letter. When you stop moving the marker in the middle of a tag, you can kill the entire thing. its all about FLOW!!

i still dont have anything that knows how to take pictures, so i drew a couple things in flash, and copied it to paint. The name is NEVR, my 2-letter is NV, which sounds like Envy, which is cool :)

enjoy.

Graffiti Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-21 18:46:46

At 6/20/07 11:30 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: A lot of gang graffiti in my area, as well. Some people can't tell the difference.

My father moved into a pretty bad neighborhood, there's a lot of gang graffiti here.

Glad you took my suggestion. I'm sure it won't be all that great, but I wouldn't mind seeing it since we can't start off with skillz. Shit, I'm pretty toy myself, but with practice, we can fix anything. The face part comes with creativity and consistency. Once you find a comfortable way to make a good letter 'e', then you "level up" by adding a face to some of them whenever you please. Keep it simple for now.

I'll go ahead and take a picture today, but we've still yet to find the USB cord, I'll keep looking. But I saw some EXTREMELY toy shit around here. It was as if the person had only picked up can of paint just five minutes ago. One person had even wrote it in pen and then attempted to trace it.

At 6/21/07 01:18 PM, Airbuster wrote: Starting off buy cheap paint.

I got two cans of Krylon at about four dollars a can. It wasn't that expensive, but they did have paint for about a dollar and a half there.

And remember, a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE factor of making your TAG look good is HOW you move your marker.

I found a graffiti store about three blocks away, 4 tips for $1. I didn't check out markers, but I'm going back there today to buy 2 NY thins and 2 NY fats. I'll buy a marker or two after you tell me a good brand, or at least what to look for in a marker. I have till saturday to buy them, so the sooner the better.

i still dont have anything that knows how to take pictures, so i drew a couple things in flash, and copied it to paint. The name is NEVR, my 2-letter is NV, which sounds like Envy, which is cool :)

I really enjoyed your tags, but I couldn't tell what was written in the piece.

Does one need to have a two-letter?

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-22 11:46:48

Ok, in the way of markers, buy a...

Dalo- It's very perminant and hard to get off. Good for use on windows, because of how hard the ink gets.. its like writing with liquid plastic. This is awesome, I suggest buying it.

OTR (On The Run)- These are good because theyre refillable, and write nicely. Just be careful about spilling it, and don't let other people use it. When other ppl use it the paint runs out quicker and you don't want anyone seeing you have this. I reccomend this as your first BIG marker to buy

Krink- These are awesome, but really should only be used by more advanced users. Back in the day, people used Krinks because when you wrote with them, there would be a lot of drips. Drips are good on a TAG but never have drips on a piece unless theyre clearly done on purpose.

Have fun in LA, just remember.

Graffiti is illegal, if you get caught you will get in trouble. Dont go over any gang graffiti, and don't hit a wall without knowing what ur doing

peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-22 19:31:46

At 6/22/07 11:46 AM, Airbuster wrote: Graffiti is illegal, if you get caught you will get in trouble. Dont go over any gang graffiti, and don't hit a wall without knowing what ur doing

Oh, trust me. I'm not getting up any where here until I'm better, or at least have a few good stencils. I'm just buying supplies here because I don't have any places like this around here.

I'm going to buy the first two out of three choices you gave me, as long as I have enough money (I just went out and bought a $30 dollar Pinky And The Brain DVD collection), and I'll wait until another trip out to LA, when I'm better, to buy the third one.

Thanks man.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-23 18:38:28

i also suggest buying a lot of tips because chances are you won't be out in LA for a while yet, and they're probably hard to get a hold of using the internet.

so stock up on the caps, bro.

and here are a couple of Neon tags done in my style. I'll allow you to bite my style because it's the easiest way to get started, and once you get good you can create your own.

So, get out there and throw either of these up

enjoy :)

Peace

Graffiti Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-24 00:24:03

Hey Sadgirl/Lust, where do you get your supplies? Your profile says your over 18, so I was wondering if you wanted to do me a favor next time I get out there. Maybe you could show me some nice pieces and some of the nicer spots out there.

At 6/23/07 08:34 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: Oh, and speaking of Los Angeles. The number one place where graffiti writers and other artist go to check out people's skillz is at Venice Beach. There are a bunch of walls where everyone is allowed to do graffiti on them. Of course your stuff is going to get painted over, but its more for the fun and experience.

I was about half a mile from that today when I was training some of the local Traceurs (practitioner of Parkour). There wasn't a lot of Parkour opportunities down there, so we didn't go that far.

At 6/23/07 06:38 PM, Airbuster wrote: i also suggest buying a lot of tips because chances are you won't be out in LA for a while yet, and they're probably hard to get a hold of using the internet.

I saw a site that sold caps, but it was more expensive, and I would need to use one of my parents credit cards to buy it, which is the main problem.

so stock up on the caps, bro.

Turns out I have be 18 (or at least have a fake ID) to buy markers or tips. Which really blows, so I couldn't buy anything. Although I will be back out here in three weeks, and a couple of the Traceurs I met up with today are 18 or over. If I'm lucky I can get one of them to buy me some stuff (one of them was really cool with graffiti, we had a nice conversation about it)

and here are a couple of Neon tags done in my style. I'll allow you to bite my style because it's the easiest way to get started, and once you get good you can create your own. So, get out there and throw either of these up

I'll practice those in the plane tomorrow, and next time I come back here I'll tag that legal wall in venice, like Lust said, if I get a chance. Mainly because I know it's not permanent, so if it sucks, it doesn't matter.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-24 01:13:25

This is a tag I did with a group of mates. Paid to do it all legally, on the side of some random building. Full view is here. Also, can I join? :P

Graffiti Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-24 16:13:09

At 6/24/07 01:13 AM, Officer wrote: This is a tag I did with a group of mates. Paid to do it all legally, on the side of some random building. Full view is here. Also, can I join? :P

anyone can join, the topic starter doesnt even post here anymore, so as long as you got anything to say about graff, or have any questions, just drop a post.

and a coule questions...

how long you been writing for?
got a crew? whats its name?
where you from? (i can take a guess but i dont wanna look like an idiot. Very few places use the word "mate" as buddy)
Whats your graff name?
Whats the piece say?
How long did it take to do that piece?
How much did u get paid?

that is all my questioning for today, and sorry to sound like im interrogating you... but maybe i am...

and SadGirl

thanks for your input on the tags, i dont think its a city thing, i think its cuz i just never decided to develop my style in a way that it was hard to read.. and i guess people just like hard to read. I'm good with my style because when it's not written with a mouse (trust me, it gets a lot better when im doin it with a pen) it turns out clean and i get respect for it.

ive only been in the game for a year and a half, not nearly enough time to develop that crazy shit you see. I take what i see in my city and try and make it my own style. I live in Toronto by the way, so we dont have to be 18 to buy paint markers or spraypaint.. but theyre trying to pass a law the illegalizes us from having these things, so MARC ECKO PLEASE SAVE TORONTO!!

(if you dont know why i call upon marc ecko, look it up...)

peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-24 23:16:27

At 6/24/07 04:21 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: I haven't even been in the game for months total. Its just something I was around and slowly got into it. I've only been making the stickers recently so I'm actually pretty new at graff. I'm just not as toy as most newbies because I would do random practicing and I've seen and studied a lot of graffiti before any of my attempts. I guess I've been graffiti affiliated for about four years now, but recently just started.

You should get plenty of supplies before that law passes. I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

(if you dont know why i call upon marc ecko, look it up...)
Yes, I already know. I just don't like all of these stupid kids that want to be taggers now because they played, "Mark Ecko's Getting Up." Lawl!

Speaking of Ecko, I need to buy some Ecko jeans and hoodies. Too expensive, though.

( 5

yea ecko is a little on the expensive side, but its worth it. long live ecko

and i know EXACTLY what you mean by kids wanting to be taggers cuz of Getting Up... you wouldn't believe how many tags that say "Trane" that i've seen. Getting Up is a great, great game, but graffiti shouldnt be popular because its being emulated... in fact... it shouldnt even really be popular at all... its a subculture, and if we start getting EVERYONE into it, thats when they start cracking down.

and i dont have to start stocking up because im already 18, but i should buy them and chop them off to kids for double the price. or at least 1.5x the amount

and stay writing. U shud get some black sharpies and work on ur handstyles... and remember...

Always draw tags/pieces with your shoulder (not necessarily your stickers though). When you draw with your shoulder (as opposed to just ur fingers and wrist) on paper, it gives u practice to write ur tag on walls and other surfaces, and allows you to play with the size.

Remember!! Shoulder Means Bolder! :P

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-25 22:38:34

Oh, Lust. The favor was to buy me (I would pay you back in full) tips and markers. The bit about showing me around wasn't part of the aforementioned "Favor". Just me trying to make another friend out in LA :)

At 6/24/07 11:16 PM, Airbuster wrote: and i dont have to start stocking up because im already 18, but i should buy them and chop them off to kids for double the price. or at least 1.5x the amount

I would buy them for 1.5x, if only I had pay-pal or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-27 12:56:53

id chop markers, but you'd have to pay in full before i ship them off. I THINK its 10 bucks for markers plus 14% Canadian tax, raising it to about 11.14 fpr a marker, shipping is 6 or 7 bucks depending on which method of shipment you want. If you want it sent by air itll probly be more

and SadGirl, that sad face is actually a pretty good idea, all u gotta do is make a back story behind the face, and spraypaint it evrywhere. Someone in my area throws up sad faces, but theyre nothing like your conventional sad face, they look totally different, and theyre all spraypainted. He goes by the name Zoo.

but throw those up around the city, on busses and subways. thats how u get ur shit seen

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-28 02:09:04

"...for all you mother-fuckers that say writing on buses ain’t shit fuck you because that’s where L.A. graff started..."
-Serch

lol, i guess busses are still the shit in LA

Yea this guy is serious, he's inspired me to start slap-tagging. I'm gonna start stenciling stickers in my city, and see where that takes me... I'll go serious all-city doin that,

im gonna go grip some paint this saturday (SUNDAY IS CANADA DAY :D)! And theres gonna be mad ppl near the skatepark in my area, and I'm gonna go over some kids stuff in the park the very day that EVERYONE will see it. It's gonna be sweet, and I'm gonna do the piece at like 5 a.m Sunday, fresh for everyone to see, and the kid won't be able to go over it in front of pureee cops. That should give me mad respect from graff artists and skaters alike.

i'll try my DAMNEDEST to take pictures of it before the place gets crowded, and then one with me standing or sitting next to it, and motherfuckers will know the NAME Nevr One!

Nevr1 2Quit, motherfuckerrrrsssssssssss! word

I'm gonna go absolutely apeshit on these fuckin toy kids in my neighbourhood and teach them that toys can't run my area, this is my fuckin lesson to teach.

These kids are probably only tagging cuz of Getting Up, and I'm about to knock em back down.

and can anyone give me like a quick walkthrough on how to properly use layers in stencils?

peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-06-30 18:01:32

question for everyone.

whats your favourite brands of paint?

least favourite?

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-02 20:49:56

At 6/30/07 09:32 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: I've actually only tried Krylon, once and had two Painter's Touch cans. The Krylon one was a lame washable one, so it bubbled easily and was a bit too watery. Didn't like it. Painter's Touch cans were pretty good, although I felt I needed to change the tips a bit early.

Shit, today i went bombing around a bunch of apartment buildings, and i went into an underground area, and I had a can of black painters touch... I had a NY thin, and all of a sudden the can went fuckin ballistic with puking up paint... paint went allll over the floor, all over my hand, and by the time iwas finished doing my throw-up, there was more paint on the ground than the wall! I don't know if it was the caps or the cans, but i was friggen pissed!

You must have been using Latex paint, that stuff is hella bad for graff, dont use it! Use shitty paint that you can get for 2 bucks, thats the shit right there. Use that to practice and once u get good, start movin up on the paint chain.

Remember this, a baseball player can't say "I'm good at baseball" if they're only good at pitching. A graff artist can't say "I'm good at graffiti" if they're only good at slap-tagging. You gotta learn about every part of the game, and get good at it until you can finally call yourself a GRAFF ARTIST.

Never bomb with your black book
and when you do, better have fast foot

rock the cheap hoodie, with the dark denim
never, ever put toy shit over a legend

then make sure, your gloves are made plastic
Stay graffin, stay strapped'n, most of all stay laughin.

Nevr One

STAY WRITIN!! DONT LET ANYONE TELL U THAT THIS SHIT IS NOT AN ART MOTHERFUCKER!! PUT YOUR BLOOD INTO EVERY PIECE U DO, AND SPIT ON BIG-HEADED TOYS!! NEVER SAY DIE!!

These words of wisdom ahve been brought to you by Nevr One! Stay bombin.

Peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-03 18:32:03

i'd also like to remind everybody, graff artist or not

Every dog has its day.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-04 16:42:36

At 7/3/07 08:54 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: Are you saying you battled a beginner and lost? :-p

No, I'm sayin that because right now I'm the dog. I have no money, im in debt, and nobody gives me due respect. But I keep my head up cuz I know there will be a day I'm on top. I just gotta keep workin for this day to come.

get up in public places today, and happy Independance Day.

and YAY for page 21 =D

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-04 16:52:39

SadGirl, ur name makes me think girl, but ur profile says male, would it be safe to assume ur a guy?

Interesting story, I hate gangs. Yea stuff like that has happend to me, that discourages me from doin anything else, and I just end up walking home without throwing anything else up.

also, just to fill the picture in my head, are u white or black? Tall? Short?

Me, I'm half Mexican, half Irish, 6 feet tall.. and when people find out I'm half Mexican they say "wtf?" because my Irish side gave me red hair... funky eh... its slowly turning brown though, which id prefer, haha.

so yea, just be uber fuckin careful, and soon ull get better at putting stickers up. You'll be able to do it with one hand, and it'll be simple.

peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-04 18:33:59

At 7/4/07 06:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: We basically did it, for the most part. I'm still wondering where everyone else went.

-Yeah, where did everyone else go? ;)
-I just read your story about you tagging or stickering up places and it was quite interesting. I would never do that since I'm a goody two shoes. XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-06 05:08:42

haha hey its all love in this graffiti forum. I was just asking in case i called u "bro" or something and u didnt like it.

so ya i just wanna drop a little story about my week.

I went to a sort of apartment complex a few days ago, and i went into a ghetto ass staircase and went all the way to the bottom, really scary, even in the middle of the day, and me and my boy started throwin up pieces, practicing, just quick throwups, nothing special.

So we heard people coming down the stairs, yelling, and we looked at eachother, and we were fuckin scared. So we pulled our gloves off, ditched the paint under the stairs and I grabbed my skateboard and we waited as we heard them come closer

I saw my boy, and he had that face on where you know he was ready to fight for his life. That look inspired me and I stapped my backpack on tight, and hid behind a nearby wall ready to knock out in one shot anyone that would either A rob us, or B snitch us out.

BTW this was the bottom of the staircase, really grimey ghetto place, very small, so there's really nowhere to run because the boiler room doors were locked up tight.

So the walking reached 1 story above us, we could hear every word they were saying, but they were speaking some sort of middle eastern language, and I couldnt understand it, and my buddy wasn't from the same country as these people.. It sounded like they were moving something really big. Like a couch or an oven..... We stood there silently, less scared, and ready to do a little more graff

I threw up one more tag, and so did he, and we threw the can back under the stairs and booked out as soon as the people had gone.

We left, bunned some ganja, he dipped home, and so did i.... I have to mention, skateboarding high is a fuckin RUSHHH!! It's a great feeling, especially when you're listening to Lupe Fiasco, who is an awesome artist, you should download some songs by him if you wanna hear some good hip hop.

So tonight, right now its about 4:30AM where I'm at, (eassst coast soNN!) and I arrived at my other friends house after a long ass mission. We met up with this girl who I was gonna bring bombing with us but she was gettin ready for bed, and so she went inside... damn she was hot.. lol...

So then we biked from her house, 20 minutes over to the ghetto ass apartment complex, and boooyyyy that staircase is a million times scarier when its a dark night in the summer. I slowly went down the staircase, hearing water dripping, and hearing every pebble underneath my steps crack as I went down these shoddy, falling apart stairs. As I approached the bottom, I revisited my graffiti, looking at it and thinking

"Damn I'm good" :)

I looked under the stairs but didnt see my can.... I thought someone had taken it.... Then from behind the doors to the boiler room I heard talking and footsteps... I wasn't doing anything wrong but my criminal instinct (lol, im 100% serious) told me to run... So, right before I ran, I caught a glimpse of something shiney underneath farther back beneath the stairs... IT WAS MY CAN!! I grabbed it and put it inside some old shorts I had brought along with me to cover the can up, cuz I didnt have a bag....

then BOOM... someone opened the door... The door was behind a little wall so the person behind couldn't see me directly after opening the door. I thought "oh fuck... spraypaint in my hands... graffiti on the walls.... i dont need no criminal charge" SO, i booked. I booked for my fucking life, and just as i ran up the staircase, the guy saw me.

"Oh... FUCK!" i thought

he called me "Hey!!"

I BOOOKED up those stairs, skipping 2 stairs at a time pumping my arms like a fuckin locomotive! The adrenalyn totally KICKED my heart into ENGINE mode, and I forgot what it felt like to have tired muscles after running up stairs...

Now, at this point, I was scared that he was chasing me, and I didn't know if the second set of footsteps I heard were his, or echos of my own.

I RAN out the door on hte ground level, and my buddy was sitting there on his bike, guarding mine.

I motioned GO!!!!! And jumped on the seat of the bike (hurting my balls in the process, but i didnt fuckin care) and we ZOOMED down the street, and as I looked back I could see the man running out of the door and stopping as soon as he saw us leaving on our bikes...

We quickly rode our bikes to a nearby valley, where it was pitch bblack, we rode our bikes through this darkness, and couldnt even see our hands in front of our faces at some points.

We biked and biked until we came to the part of the valley that is near my buddys house, and we biked up a big asss hill, killing my muscles even more...

we biked to his house, and as soon as we got on his street... we were home free.......

I raised the can that was still in my spare shorts triumphantly. And I said the words

"We came all this way, for only this pay..."

My friend chuckled as we pulled the bikes into his back yard. We set the bikes on his grass, came inside, i totally just ripped the soaked shirt off my back and fell on his fouton and started to hit up Newgrounds on his laptop..... So I guess I'm living proof that you can visit the NG forums, and still have an exciting life outside of it.... i hope that inspires some nerd that reads this, lol

so we drank pepsi, watched Super Mario Bros Z (GREAAT series by the way) all the way to episode 4 and stopped midway into episode 5 due to ending of attention span...

SO... Here I am... posting on the forum.... And if there's any words I'd want to leave you with.... its this.

Being a graffiti artist is more than a hobby... It's a lifestyle... it's almost a religion.... a way of thinking and believing... we have our legends, our gods, our enemies, our satans, we have ups, downs, and it's our relief when we have nowhere to turn....

The life of a graff artist will give you stories for you to tell your kids, and your grandkids... It will also allow you to look back when you're 40 and think "yea... I did that..." And you feel fulfilled.... Even if it's in some petty way like that, I still feel fulfilled knowing that I did some crazy shit in my lifetime................ I also reccomend doing it before you're 18... because now that I'm 18 I feel so much more insecure about tagging... do that shit while you're still a minor, because its 100x funner, and 100% less scary when you're running from the cops...

and to the guy who's name I cant rememmber because I'm too busy posting... the guy who posted saying "yea where is everybody", I don't see why you're asking that... I've never seen you post in this thread, and by the sounds of it, you dont even do graffiti...

and to everybody... if graffiti isnt your thing.. FIND YOUR GRAFFITI!!...... Find your passion, and run with it.... it's the most fulfilling thing you can do in your lifetime.....

Also, I highly reccomend doing Magic Mushrooms and smoking weed... that could very well open your eyes to your passion...and to a boatload of other things in life....

DaSadGirl, I understand if you don't want to share sexual orientation/gender.. i guess there is a personal issue related to that... You seem like a smart enough person to thoroughly enjoy shrooms mental effect... They make your mind race, and think in a way that words truely CANNOT describe. If you DO have any issues (not sayin that u do), shrooms and weed have the power of YEARS of therapy, put into 4 hours.... always do shrooms with a friend, and the first time have someone sober around...

If you're not into drugs, you should REALLY experiment... They are amazing, and after a mushroom trip you will never be the same again... you will change as a person for the better... and have plenty of Pink Floyd to listen too, even if u dont like that type of music.... its fuckin amazing.

ok well I'm running out of space to post, at the period at the end of this sentance I will have 139 characters left.

Stay writin, keep your game up, and your brain up. Don't take your brain for granted, it was gods greatest gift to us

peace......

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-07 02:19:19

Hey, guys. I'm still around. I just haven't been very active on Newgrounds for various reasons, and absolutely no reason at all at the same time.

I haven't practiced much since my last LA trip, but I've certainly been thinking about graffiti a lot. After reading all these stories, I really think that slap tags are the way to go for me, at least until I'm much better, or at least can get my hands on some tips and markers. What do you guys recommend in the way of legal markers for writing on stickers?

I really enjoyed your story, buster. I'm actually quite surprised that guy chased you. Knowing me, when he said "Hey!" I would have paused for a second, looked down at him and replied "What?!!!!" just to see if he was going to ask me about something normal.

Anyways, I'm going back out to LA in a week or so. Although I do have a bit of a Parkour injury, so I won't be able to do any PK.

Oh, sad girl. If I knew that you were protective of your identity, I wouldn't have asked to meet you in any way. Sorry.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-07 16:02:21

YESSS deadlyyy, welcome back, bro.

Yea, when I ran, the guy was big and black (or at least a very dark brown), so I decided that if I was getting my ass kicked that night, it was at home in a game of street fighter.

I'll never forget that night... and I suppose SadGirl, living in LA is a lot scarier than living in Toronto.. T.O is not a horrible city, but I've had my encounters in the city, but im sure you've had way more living in south central.

and to Deadly, if you want colourful stickers, buy some sharpie paint markrers, normal size, colours of your choice. Those things are freakin magical. Then, if you want, buy a sharpie paint marker with a bold tip, and use that to tag. BUT before u start drawing on stickers and slappign them up, practice first.

If you want just tags on the stickers, black sharpies work just fine, or any other perminant ink pen that has a big enough tip.

If you ever feel hte urge to buy a sharpie magnum... STOP and slap yourself in hte face. Those things are shittier than a box that was recycled from components of shit, and then used to transport cow shit to farms, where htey grow shit trees, and eat shit for dinner.

Also, BOLD TIP Pilot paint markers are awesome! White, gold, and silver are 3 great choices that Pilot gives you if ur lookin to buy them.

PRATICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! It's the only way you'll develop your style. Practice on the chalkboard at school, practice on whiteboards on the wall, practice with sidewalk chalk on a wall. I cant STRESS how important practice is, because its THAT effin important, so KEEP doing it, make sure u develop ur tag, and the ********biggest******* part of this entire thing, is learning to develop a graffiti alphabet.

You gotta learn the entire alphabet, in case you wanna put a message next to ur tag or piece, or in case something happens and u wanna change ur alias... it makes life 1000000% easier, and u can write something in another artists black book and you wont look toy.

and tonight, ill go back to that wretched building, and get my buddy along with me, and we will TAKE PICTURES!! It will be my mission. If not tonight, then tmr.

I'll talk to you cats later.

peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-09 14:59:56

At 7/7/07 04:02 PM, Airbuster wrote: Yea, when I ran, the guy was big and black (or at least a very dark brown), so I decided that if I was getting my ass kicked that night, it was at home in a game of street fighter.

It's horrible, but I wouldn't have stopped if it were a big black guy. Although I probably wouldn't have stopped if it were a big white guy either.

BUT before u start drawing on stickers and slappign them up, practice first.

I'm not going to slap anything up until I post a picture here, and you guys approve it for "slap-ability".

If you ever feel hte urge to buy a sharpie magnum... STOP and slap yourself in hte face. Those things are shittier than a box that was recycled from components of shit, and then used to transport cow shit to farms, where htey grow shit trees, and eat shit for dinner.

HAHAHA! There is no way to respond to this except "Yum."

PRATICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! It's the only way you'll develop your style. Practice on the chalkboard at school, practice on whiteboards on the wall, practice with sidewalk chalk on a wall. I cant STRESS how important practice is, because its THAT effin important, so KEEP doing it, make sure u develop ur tag, and the ********biggest******* part of this entire thing, is learning to develop a graffiti alphabet.

That's the hardest part man...it's going to take me some time to do, especially without a alphabet to practice off of then modify myself. I'll take my drawing book on the plane with me and practice a bit.

and tonight, ill go back to that wretched building, and get my buddy along with me, and we will TAKE PICTURES!! It will be my mission. If not tonight, then tmr.

Yeah I want to see how that looks.

At 7/7/07 02:32 AM, DaSadGirl wrote: I have too. I think I'm sort of letting it consume me more and more.

I can walk to ACE Hardware, so paint isn't a problem for me. The biggest part is mental, developing my alphabet and tag is going to be hard as shit for me. I mean, even the bubble letter "NEON" that I've been practicing had a general template I got the style idea from.

Its okay. Well, with here I am. This is my place to "live an e-life" meaning, nobody from my "real" life can interfere or find me. I mean they can, but what are the chances? Anyways, that is a different subject.

Ha, I know what you're saying. It's a whole other circle of friends. Although on of my ex-girlfriends is now a member in the NG Mafia with me.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-13 17:57:27

I found out that there is in fact a crew out here, MBS or something. I'm going to keep practicing, even more so than usual, to try to get into the crew. I already know one of the members, so I've already got a boost there.

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-13 21:55:40

oh MAN I remember writing a long ass response yesterday, but i guess I forgot to post it when i changed windows.... wow that really pisses me off....

Well, since I have no urge to write all that again, i'll give the long story short.

The stencils are awesome, I like the style... have u ever thought of adding something to hte smiley face to make it more you, like X's on the eyes or a teardrop or something?

yea keep practicing, and don't let anyone tell you to quit. I thought of quitting many times but I just kept pushing it cuz there was this dude that inspired the shit outta me. He taught me how to do graff... im nothing like i was when he taught me, (I am waaay better now) and I wanted to show him how much better I got by taggin shit and makin it sick. I got a lot of praise for my tags, and different graff artists said I was sick, and that my style was clean, clear, and under control ;)

then that same guy that taught me graff accused me of being a snitch... that bitches graffiti in the park caused trouble for me and my boy, we have problems cuz of this fuckin guy, and we never dropped nobodys name.. then this guy wants to call me a snitch? of all the snake fuckin things to do, yo... now I tag out of hate, cuz I wanna out do this fag, but I've got a long way to go, and a lot of practice to do, cuz this guy is up there as one of the best in the city...

im glad i got taught by him, but i hope he's stopped calling me a snitch, cuz if i hear one more fuckin thing about that im gonna cross out every last one of his tags and snuff that kid in the face, nobody calls me a snitch.

ok thats enough ranting, stay writing

peace

BBS Signature

Response to Graffiti Crew 2007-07-14 13:20:08

Is it too late to join the Crew?

If not, I'd love to join. I'll post my art later.

peace holmes.

Crews:

Graffiti Crew

Stoner's Club

BBS Signature