00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

92,667 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-05-19 19:12:46

I wonder what Guitar Hero 2 looks like on the XBOX 360 Elite in HD I bet it looks awesome.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-05-22 17:15:29

At 5/19/07 05:13 PM, Marsupial wrote:
Is it just me or is Carry me home on Hard impossible?

Naah, it ain't that bad, the expert one is worse, the game's gay though, cuz I can get it to 95% of the notes and it still won't give me five stars!!!! It's gay!!!!

Hinata Hyuga of the Naruto Club

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-05-22 17:19:55

At 5/19/07 07:10 PM, B34T1N wrote: I have GH 2 for XBox 360, I keep gettin really annoyed from trying to get this achievement, "30G - Kick The Bucket Award - Complete Jordan on Expert." >.<, It's all fine until the solo, its so damn hard!!! lol

this is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-02 20:44:14

Alright, since this club hasn't been supervised in forever. I guess it's up to me to take the helm as new leader.

Here's a ton of new info for both Rocks the 80s and the third game.

Arranged Setlist for Rocks the 80s (not complete). Italics Indicates a Master Track

1. Opening LIcks
Holy Diver - Dio
Metal Health - Quiet Riot (Encore)

2. Amp Warmers
Nothin' But a Good Time - Poison
I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

3 . String Snappers
Lonely is the Night - Billy Squier
Synchronicity II - The Police
Heat of the Moment - Asia
Shakin' - Eddie Money
Bathroom Wall - Faster Pussycat (Encore)

4. Return of the Shred
Round and Round - Ratt
I Ran - A Flock of Seagulls

5. Relentless Riffs
Play With Me - Extreme

6. Furious Fretwork
18 and Life - Skid Row

Other songs announced.
Only A Lad - Oingo Boingo
Balls to the Wall - Accept
The Warrior - Scandal
We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's

A song that was officially dropped from the game was I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow which I don't mind. It's actually a horrible song.

http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/878/878270 /vids_1.html
Some videos of fulls songs on Expert. As well as a montage video.

Now for Guitar Hero III info.

The songs announced for this game include... (again Italics represent Master Tracks)

Paint It, Black - The Rolling Stones
Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
The Metal - Tenacious D
My Name is Jonas - Weezer
Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Rock and Roll All Nite - Kiss
School's Out - Alice Cooper
Slow Ride - Fog Hat
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Barracuda - Heart
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Lay Down - Priestess

Other bands confirmed to be in the game include the Queens of the Stone Age and Velvet Revolver.

The controllers will be Wireless Les Pauls on the Next-Gens. Well on the PS2 they'll be Kramers.

There's also a battle mode which introduces obstacles into the game like broken note, increasing the difficulty (doesn't work on Expert) and worst of all turning the entire game to Lefty Flip.

Guitar Hero III looks to be the best.

Well, that's all for now.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-02 22:07:22

Sorry for neglecting this place. But, I've been working at my Guitar Hero skills and waiting for the 80's Edition (Rocks the 80's) to come out. This July, kids. Ok, since I found some interesting bits of conversation, I might as well chip in my two cents.

At 5/19/07 04:25 PM, EurekaDude wrote:
At 5/16/07 02:17 PM, BatDan wrote:
I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister (Master Track)
Sweet

Cool.

I Ran - A Flock of Seagulls (Master Track)
That's kind of gay

Gay? GAY? What the fuck, I fucking like that song! I know, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But, come on, could you NOT like this song? It's on the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack? What's up with that?

Round and Round - Ratt (Cover)
Good

Yeah, this is a pretty good song...

I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow (Cover)
Sucks

Agreed.

Metal Health - Quiet Riot (Cover)
Ehh

(singing) BANG YOUR HEAD!!! (stops) Yeah, I like this song. Good job, Harmonix.

Holy Diver - Dio (Cover)
Great

The best idea for a song in a Guitar Hero game. Great song. I just wish they could get the master track. I got a feeling the cover won't be up to par with Ronnie James Dio's voice. Oh well, good choice anyhow.

Heat of the Moment - Asia (Cover)
Ehh

Never heard, so I probably won't care.

Where's the hell's Crazy Train and Back in Black?

They couldn't get the rights? To be on GH3? I dunno.

At 5/19/07 05:13 PM, Marsupial wrote: Use hyperspeed. YOBOYOBO is the cheat, type it in on the main menu.

Codes wrong, dude. It's OBOYOBOY. You seemed to have it backwards. But you had the right idea, so kudos to you anyways.

I'm working on the Five star right now. Just wait until you do it on Expert...

At 5/22/07 05:15 PM, EurekaDude wrote:
At 5/19/07 05:13 PM, Marsupial wrote:
Naah, it ain't that bad, the expert one is worse, the game's gay though, cuz I can get it to 95% of the notes and it still won't give me five stars!!!! It's gay!!!!

Well, I was just about to get to that but...yeah, the game is cruel when you play the song. Like, it was the last song I Fived on medium before getting that secret guitar for Fiving all songs on Medium. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good song (and a decent cover), but playing it? ...thank you, no thank you. Once I five it, fuck it, I'm done with it.

At 5/22/07 05:19 PM, EurekaDude wrote: this is gay

Just ignore the videos that claim a 100% on Jordan. It's for the moment humanly impossible. Unless, however, this guy can do it. This is, by far, the best Jordan vid out there. Period.

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-10 09:33:47

Tons of new 80's Edition info. The following new songs were seen on the back of the pre order box at Best Buy.

Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Wrathchild - Iron Maiden
Caught In a Mosh - Anthrax
No One Like You - Scorpions
Hold On Loosely - .38 Special
Seventeen - Winger

As well as Radar Love by White Lion announced on a gaming site.

This game is getting better.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-10 17:15:15

I'm in if thats no problem with anyone else of course. :)

I can beat almost every song on perfect on most modes, with the insane expecption of "Jordan" on Expert, but who can do that?

So, can I join?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-10 20:28:32

guitar hero 2 is awsome, im playing it right now, and my arm hurts like a bitch, that is all..

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-11 01:19:12

I love Guitar Hero I, I've dominated it.

However, the only song I have left to play on GH II is Free Bird on expert.

Let's just leave it at "it's driving me insane".

I know that somebody has probably already uploaded this picture, but just in case, you know, somebody hasn't....

Guitar Hero Gang

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-11 01:46:44

I beat easy no problem and I finished Medium with lots of 3 stars and I'm finding hard... hard. The songs I can't play on this game I can easily on the real guitar haha. Any pointers for a beginner like moi?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-12 12:17:45

At 6/11/07 01:46 AM, TommysUsername wrote: I beat easy no problem and I finished Medium with lots of 3 stars and I'm finding hard... hard. The songs I can't play on this game I can easily on the real guitar haha. Any pointers for a beginner like moi?

A lot of practice.

I suggest 5 starring all the songs on Medium before starting Hard.

Then the songs you have trouble with on Hard, go into Practice Mode and slow them down.

Oh, and two new songs announced for the 80s Edition.

Ballroom Blitz - Krokus (cover)
What I Like About You - The Romantics (cover)

The Warrior by Scandal will be Master Track after much speculation.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-13 21:05:02

Hey, BatDan, I noticed you have an account on scorehero. Kick ass.

(now I just need to beat Freebird and I'll be done with expert, completion wise.)

At 6/10/07 09:33 AM, BatDan wrote: Tons of new 80's Edition info. The following new songs were seen on the back of the pre order box at Best Buy.

Turning Japanese - The Vapors

Great song. Now, I've been hearing it's a song about beating your meat. Is that true? I can't tell by the lyrics, but it's a great song noneoftheless.

Wrathchild - Iron Maiden

Horrible cover coming our way, we are so fucked.

Caught In a Mosh - Anthrax

Cool.

No One Like You - Scorpions

Never heard of it.

Hold On Loosely - .38 Special

Never heard of it.

Seventeen - Winger

What the fuck? Winger?...oh well...I guess you can't rule out the glam rock. From what I saw on YouTube, it wasn't all that bad.

As well as Radar Love by White Lion announced on a gaming site.

My guess is it'll be an encore song. But, I guess we'll find out July 17.

This game is getting better.

Word.

At 6/10/07 05:15 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I'm in if thats no problem with anyone else of course. :)

Sure, we need some solid members anyhow. Come on in.

I can beat almost every song on perfect on most modes, with the insane expecption of "Jordan" on Expert, but who can do that?

A few lucky, very talented people. I'm training on it to try and get better. On practice mode, the highest I got was 71%. In a performance, up 52% before I failed. Damn star power ran out before the solo ended.

On a side note, I'm using pratice to improve my skill on The Light That Blinds, Thunderhorse (hitting more of the solo and did the HammerOn/PullOff on Verse 3 perfectly), and a few songs I can't remember off the top of my head.

So, can I join?

Yes. Now remember to practice and you'll beat Jordan in no time.

At 6/12/07 12:17 PM, BatDan wrote:
At 6/11/07 01:46 AM, TommysUsername wrote: I beat easy no problem and I finished Medium with lots of 3 stars and I'm finding hard... hard. The songs I can't play on this game I can easily on the real guitar haha. Any pointers for a beginner like moi?
A lot of practice.

I suggest 5 starring all the songs on Medium before starting Hard.

Then the songs you have trouble with on Hard, go into Practice Mode and slow them down.

Exactly what I did. But, by the time I got Guitar Hero 2, I was getting a whole lot better and fived most of the Medium songs in one try. Except Carry Me Home. I still hate how hard that song is to play (especially on Expert). On Hard, I just got the following to five star:
Monkey Wrench (ha ha ha, shut up! I was just a thousand points from the cut-off)
Freya (10k away)
Crazy on You (less than a Fucking thousand points! DAMMIT!)
Rock this Town (I now hate this song. 2,000 fucking points from the cut off)
Carry Me Home (Like the song, just hate playing it)
Psychobilly Freakout (ARRRGGH!!!!)
Institutionalized (I fucking hate you)

Probably the one song that pissed me off the most was Laid to Rest when I was just 20 (lemme emphasize that...TWENTY!!!) Fucking points from the cut-off. I almost broke the SG for that. Luckily, I got the five star just yesterday.

By the way, I now have to relearn how to play the first Guitar Hero cuz I got so damn used to the easier HO/PO. I'm not used to having to hit every damn note by strumming. Damn you, Cowboys From Hell.

Anyways, back to my usual routine. Hopefully I can five star all of Hard and beat Free Bird by the end of this month. Maybe even beat Jordan on Expert. Later, people.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-16 20:52:16

I'll Join.

My favorite character is Xavier Stone.
My favorite songs are "Girlfriend", "Miserlou", and "Hangar 18"
I've gotten 5 stars on all songs on hard and about 80% on expert.
My bragging songs are "Carry me home" and "Freebird" (Both 5 stars)

Don't hate.

Buya

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-17 17:38:16

Matchbox Romance just announced on their MySpace that their song "Monsters" will be in the third game.

Who?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-18 19:12:36

HOPEFUL GOOD NEWS!

An administrator at the RedOctane Guitar Hero forums has announced that there will be more Guitar Hero 360 DLC in July.

That's... kind of far off isn't it?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-18 20:26:44

Can I join I have guitar hero 2
Fave song: Woman and mabe warpigs
Face Rocker: Axel Steel

Also I'm working on hard. I can make it through a good bit of songs, but I'm stuck on Freya. So yeah

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-19 13:15:44

At 6/16/07 08:52 PM, jwags1 wrote: I'll Join.

My favorite character is Xavier Stone.
My favorite songs are "Girlfriend", "Miserlou", and "Hangar 18"
I've gotten 5 stars on all songs on hard and about 80% on expert.
My bragging songs are "Carry me home" and "Freebird" (Both 5 stars)

Don't hate.

Sorry i gotta hate, you've got pretty good point scores and all, but who the hell picks "Misirlou" as one of their favorite songs? It's like not even a song!!!

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!
I think i've made my point

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-19 13:19:41

Hmmm might as well post my stuff if i'm gonna join:

Favorite hero: Pandora
Favorite songs: Beast and the Harlot, The Trooper, YYZ, and Laid to Rest
Scores: 5 stars on all settings but expert, where i've got 4 songs with 4 stars, cuz they're evil
Least favorite song: Freya, it's actually a good song, but it's just too damn tiring, and Jordan, cuz i can't beat it, and i'd like to see u try

And that's me

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-19 13:25:44

Sorry bout the triple post, but just to clarify my scores, i have 5 stars on all expert songs except for those 4, i don't only have 4 done, just wanted to make that clear cuz the way i typed it sounded a bit screwed up

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-19 13:26:58

At 6/19/07 01:21 PM, MrTutorial wrote: I heard Guitar Hero 3 is coming out for the wii!!!

Dude, i think drums would be so much better for the Wii, imagine the capabilities... hey did anyone else see that they're put GH on the DS?! Am i the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-20 18:17:40

At 6/19/07 01:26 PM, EurekaDude wrote:
At 6/19/07 01:21 PM, MrTutorial wrote: I heard Guitar Hero 3 is coming out for the wii!!!
Dude, i think drums would be so much better for the Wii, imagine the capabilities... hey did anyone else see that they're put GH on the DS?! Am i the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?

Lemme clarify some things. I believe the so-called experts at Wikipedia have written somewhere in that article that the Wii will get a guitar controller (Les Paul controller, like the PS3, 360 releases for GH3) for the system. Now, I'm not too sure, but I do believe they also said a Wii version of GH2 was coming. Course, I'm not sure. Wikipedia has a way of twisting words around.

Now, a GH for the DS? Now they're just whoring out the series. And I'd hate to see how they do that for the DS...

Oh, I guess I forgot to say what songs and stuff I liked. So, here I go:
Fave characters: Judy Nails and Izzy Sparks
Fave Guitar and Finish: Gibson X-Plorer Rising Sun finish (hopefully to be my real-life guitar!!)
Fave songs- The Light That Blinds, Thunderhorse, Collide, Beast and the Harlot, Misirlou (so it's not a real song with words and such ; sue me), Jordan (even though I can't beat it yet, I still love it), Radium Eyes, One for the Road, Push Push (Lady Lightning), Laughtrack, and John the Fisherman.

Is that enough? Ok, good. I think I'll pre-order my copy of GH80's right now...

PS: Can someone tell me what programs I need to have in order to make custom GH songs? That, and how the hell do I mod a PS2?

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-20 19:58:56

Fave char = Axel Steel with the standard shirt cos hes so extreme :D
Fave guitar = Gibson firebird with the standard finish
Fave songs = at the moment I love strutter on hard mode because its just the right difficulty level for me to enjoy it. I think free bird, monkey wrench, mother, heart shaped box, killing in the name of are all great songs too
Scores = All 5* on easy and medium, 5* on a couple of hard mode and im currently stuck on the relentless riffs on hard mode. Recently got the wireless guitar for PS2 and would reccomend it :D

The squirrel shall always triumph

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-20 20:14:16

Any of you americans get the new game informer. Harmonix is making a new game called "rock band" and its like guitar hero but instead of just a guitar, its guitar bass drums and vocals. Looks really good.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-22 06:35:32

not sure if i posted in here already, but heres my input. i can beat most songs on hard on guitar hero 2. can beat all songs on easy and medium , but only a few on expert. im planning on getting guitar hero 3, i saw some gameplay video's of guitar hero 3, decent songs.

http://xat.com/thetoc2_hangout promoting guitar hero world tour, save up to 20% when you pre-order here

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-22 17:50:15

The almost final setlist for Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80s.

1. Opening Licks.
????? (Originally going to be I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow but now it's a new song that's not known)
Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
We Got the Beat (as made famous by the Go-Go's)
No One Like You (as made famous by Scorpions)
Bang Your Head (Metal Health) (as made famous by Quiet Riot) (Encore)

2. Amp-Warmers
Nothin' But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison) (It now has an "Ain't" in front of it).
I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister) (one of the games Master Tracks)
Turning Japanese (as made famous the Vapors)
????? (again unannounced song)
Hold On Loosely (as made famous by .38 Special) (encore)

3. String Snappers
Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)
Synchronicity II (as made famous by The Police)
Heat of the Moment (as made famous by Asia)
Shakin' (as made famous by Eddie Money)
Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat) (encore)

4. Return of the Shred
Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
????? (unannounced song)
Wraithchild (as made famous by Iron Maiden)
I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls) (master track)
What I Like About You (as made famous by The Romantics) (encore)

5. Relentless Riffs
Radar Love (as made famous by White Lion)
Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)
The Warrior (by Scandal) (master track)
Balls to the Wall (by Accept) (master track)
Caught in a Mosh (as made famous by Anthrax) (encore)

6. Furious Fretwork
Seventeen (as made famous by Winger)
????? (unannounced song)
18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)
Only a Lad (as made famous by Oingo Boingo)
Ballroom Blitz (as made famous by Krokus) (Final Song?)

There's also a song that you unlock when you beat the whole career mode. That has yet to be announced.

I pre-ordered my copy... so I know it's going to be here.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-27 18:22:05

Can i join?

I'm stuck on Psychobilly Freakout in Hard Mode.

any tips?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-27 18:25:53

At 6/27/07 06:22 PM, Ethereal wrote: Can i join?

any tips?

oh yeah:

Favorite Guitar: Scythe
Favorite Character: Grim Ripper
Favorite Songs: Killing in The Name Of, Who Was In My Room Last Night?, and The Light that Blinds.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-27 21:21:37

At 6/27/07 06:22 PM, Ethereal wrote: Can i join?

any tips?

Um, the only tip I can give you if you're totally stuck on this song is to use Hyperspeed. It'll space the notes out, but be warned: the note chart moves slightly faster.

Just wait until you play it on Expert. It's a bitch...trust me.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-28 00:51:07

Oh God, Psychobilly Freakout is just annoying anyway! The fact that the beat is so random in some places drives me insane.

However, I am SO looking forward to Rocks The 80s. I purchased my PS2 when GH1 came out just because the Best Buy near me had set up a widescreen TV with surround sound and people were playing multiplayer. I was ready to set up a tournament in there except that the manager of the store said that I couldn't.

However, it's still great when you go in there and rock out on the little LCD and you've got people watching you. Once had a cop say to me that I should put it down because I was showing him up. :-D

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-06-28 13:48:15

At 6/27/07 09:21 PM, StevensA wrote: Um, the only tip I can give you if you're totally stuck on this song is to use Hyperspeed. It'll space the notes out, but be warned: the note chart moves slightly faster.

Just wait until you play it on Expert. It's a bitch...trust me.

Will do.

Oh yeah, got another question.

Will Guitar Hero III require you to buy a WHOLE NEW guitar just for that game?
Because if so, I probably won't buy it, due to the fact that it's going to be another 90 fucking dollars.