00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

403,138 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-11 15:23:50

i will join, btw it has been going for more than 30 years, just spodariclly

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-12 18:08:40

So I've started the endless journey of watching every doctor who episode in order from the very beginning (I've never watched any of the old episodes before).

I recently just finished watching the first season and to commemorate those 17 and a half hours I animated a little collection of the season's highlights. I thought you guys might like it so here it is. At the very least it should bring back some memories.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-12 19:13:47

At 12/12/07 06:08 PM, Sticky wrote: So I've started the endless journey of watching every doctor who episode in order from the very beginning (I've never watched any of the old episodes before).

You'd have a hell of a job to, considering about 1/3 of Hartnell's are missing, and the majority of Troughton's are.

Still, where you getting the ones you've got from? Videos, torrents?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-12 19:51:37

At 12/12/07 07:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: You'd have a hell of a job to, considering about 1/3 of Hartnell's are missing, and the majority of Troughton's are.

Still, where you getting the ones you've got from? Videos, torrents?

Torrents. Found a site with everything. Even has reconstructions of the missing episodes though they can be pretty bad sometimes. Some of the reconstructions feel more like a radio serial but it's still bearable.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-13 14:47:55

At 12/12/07 07:51 PM, Sticky wrote: Torrents. Found a site with everything. Even has reconstructions of the missing episodes though they can be pretty bad sometimes. Some of the reconstructions feel more like a radio serial but it's still bearable.

I've only ever seen the reconstructions of "The Tenth Planet", which is just still images with sound, and some scrolling text, the bits on the Lost in Time box set, and the animated episodes from "The Invasion".

Also, is this a Doctor Who specific site you're looking at, or just a torrent site that has all of them? There used to be a site called something like "DoctorWhoTorrents.com", but it got shut down.

Not that I could be bothered to sit through them all from start to finish, but I'd quite like to see "Day of the Daleks" and "Invasion of the Dinosaurs".

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-13 16:59:21

At 12/13/07 02:47 PM, TheMaster wrote: I've only ever seen the reconstructions of "The Tenth Planet", which is just still images with sound,
and some scrolling text

That's what the reconstructions I've seen have been like.

Also, is this a Doctor Who specific site you're looking at, or just a torrent site that has all of them?
There used to be a site called something like "DoctorWhoTorrents.com", but it got shut down.

It's just a regular torrent site. It's not even that well hidden. For any one who wants it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-15 15:22:59

Some DVD news.

The "Beneath the Surface" box set is out 14th January, it's got all the Silurians/Sea Devils stories in it. They'll be released separately, too. I'll get the box set, and buy them separately later on, unless the box set is just the 3 DVDs together inside a cardboard case, like "The Beginning", "New Beginnings" and "Time-Flight/Arc of Infinity" are.

On 4th February, we get the First Doctor serial "The Time Meddler", which I've already preordered from HMV, for only £8.

8th March sees a release of a special edition of "The Five Doctors", which I assume is just an excuse to release it with box art that fits in with the rest of the releases. I'll get that, even though I've got the one with the original artwork.

I also still plan to buy "Destiny of the Daleks", once it goes down in price to, say, £10.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-16 07:51:32

At 12/15/07 03:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: On 4th February, we get the First Doctor serial "The Time Meddler", which I've already preordered from HMV, for only £8.

Doesn't sound too much to pay, but you get stuff which is much longer, like Stormbreaker, for only £5.99 at Morrisons. The UK really must be going down-market.

At 12/11/07 03:23 PM, goldenmoon wrote: i will join, btw it has been going for more than 30 years, just spodariclly

Even longer in fact. Doctor Who is 45 years old as of next year.

At 11/28/07 04:21 PM, TheMaster wrote: Disregard that, I suck cocks.

Well, it's some news. Better than news saying, "David Tennant has died in a car crash".

At 12/11/07 10:00 AM, Sidorio wrote: BUMP

Oh, for fucks sake, stop it.

Hi again, sorry for not posting much, but I got Dawn of War recently and I've been playing it non-stop.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-16 08:40:21

At 12/16/07 07:51 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Doesn't sound too much to pay, but you get stuff which is much longer, like Stormbreaker, for only £5.99 at Morrisons. The UK really must be going down-market.

Much longer? The Time Meddler is 1 hour 40 minutes long, and if wikipedia is correct, Stormbreaker is only 93 minutes long.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-16 13:36:25

At 12/16/07 08:40 AM, TheMaster wrote:
Much longer? The Time Meddler is 1 hour 40 minutes long, and if wikipedia is correct, Stormbreaker is only 93 minutes long.

Well, in fairness, people who look films up on Wikipedia are more likely to check it's safe for schools/ safe for home use/ a good film. Also Wikipedia can be edited. I know because I just edited a Warhammer 40,000 article.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-16 13:57:28

At 12/16/07 01:36 PM, nemesis646 wrote: Well, in fairness, people who look films up on Wikipedia are more likely to check it's safe for schools/ safe for home use/ a good film. Also Wikipedia can be edited. I know because I just edited a Warhammer 40,000 article.

The "Wikipedia can be edited by anyone" argument is a terrible excuse, as anyone who's ever done any Wiki vandalism knows it'll be reverted in minutes.

Also, IMDB agrees on 93 minutes anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-16 14:45:33

May i be allowed to join this club?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-17 11:22:52

At 12/16/07 02:45 PM, BrendanL wrote: May i be allowed to join this club?

Of course, just post regularly (following the rules of course). And don't post stuff others have posted before.

By the way, has Wiki got an episode list?

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-17 11:34:27

At 12/17/07 11:22 AM, nemesis646 wrote:
At 12/16/07 02:45 PM, BrendanL wrote: May i be allowed to join this club?
Of course, just post regularly (following the rules of course). And don't post stuff others have posted before.

By the way, has Wiki got an episode list?

Yes.

It's quite in depth, too. Points out how many episodes in each serial, and if any are missing.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-19 05:08:37

At 12/17/07 11:34 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's quite in depth, too. Points out how many episodes in each serial, and if any are missing.

191?
I'm suprised, since it's been going so long minus the gap.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-19 09:05:12

At 12/19/07 05:08 AM, Sidorio wrote:
At 12/17/07 11:34 AM, TheMaster wrote: It's quite in depth, too. Points out how many episodes in each serial, and if any are missing.
191?
I'm suprised, since it's been going so long minus the gap.

Aye, but it's 191 serials, not episodes. Most of the very old serials would be 6-8 episodes long, then as you get closer to the modern day, they drop down steadily, going to about 4-6 in Pertwee's era, then down to 4ish in Baker's, then by McCoy's it was down to 2-4 per serial.

Nowadays we rarely get more than 2, the only 3 parter being the series 2 finale. The episodes are longer now, though, 45 minutes instead of 25.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-19 15:29:23

Doctor Who?

Sorry, just had to post that . . . I've watched a few eps but never really became obsessed with the series, it seems good though.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-22 15:03:44

Watched the first 3 episodes of Invasion of the Dinosaurs. Even by Who standards, the effects are laughable. Still, it's part of the show's charm, I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-22 17:02:01

Docter who was out since, the 60s or something. I know some old people who watched it when they were kids.

Teehee.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-22 17:16:13

i would have joined, but i'm english and have seen up to about series 3 i think
keep tuning in to doctor who, it gets much better from here onwards

I wouldn't want to spoil anything

Woot for shiny objects

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-22 17:32:11

At 12/22/07 05:16 PM, FlashJoeW wrote: i would have joined, but i'm english and have seen up to about series 3 i think
keep tuning in to doctor who, it gets much better from here onwards

I wouldn't want to spoil anything

Top tip: The vast majority of members here are English, or have seen the latest episodes through other means.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-24 13:08:34

Christmas Special tomorrow.
Chance are I won't get a chance to watch it, as I'll be at my cousins house and my mum says their tv is too small to watch it on properly.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-24 13:36:51

I don't have particularly high hopes for the special, none of the pre-release stuff has given any impression that it'll be something worth watching. Still, I'll watch it anyway, might be pleasantly surprised.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-25 04:35:09

When asked who from history he would like to see play the Doctor, Davies reportedly jokingly answered "Hitler. He was stern and strong. He would be great."

Oh, Russell, you wacky lunatic.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-25 15:08:17

Good episode, that was. Best Christmas special by a distance.

Trailer for the next season already shows some cringe worthy Tate moments, saying "Why are you calling me Miss, do I look single?" and the like. I've no high hopes for season 4, we can only hope she takes a back seat to Martha later in the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-25 15:21:02

The hosts almost freaked me out more then the cybermen. But then i realised the Cybermen kick arse :D

I didnt think the trailer looked amazing. Get martha back please :(

And Kylie reminded me of when billie was the companion :D

EMPS ROX

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-25 15:52:52

At 12/25/07 03:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: Good episode, that was. Best Christmas special by a distance.

It sure didn't suck. The next series doesn't look thrilling, but at least there's Torchwood coming soon enough.
Hey, do you think they'll get around to explaining the Queen Elizabeth thing from the last series in Doctor Who?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-25 16:53:30

Thats actualy just got me back into the series.

Now do you remember me saying that my dad was in caves of androzani as an extra.... Well ive tracked his video down :)

It was finialy uploaded to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3g2_fwsw dI

at the time 3:56 he is the man on the right with the camera--- kalodoscope i think its called. And yes he does get killed. Just watch it for novelty sake :) .

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-26 16:09:34

Anybody else notice the Posiden Adventure parallel? It was running through the episode, sneaky in places. Not in others though such as a big fat guy breaking through the floor.

Also, big fat error. Fifty hundred thousand credits equals one million pounds? Then the big fat guys were barely in debt at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-12-27 15:24:49

I though the episode was a little technicaly wrong in places.