00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

alexwood319 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

402,190 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-07 18:18:30

At 8/7/11 05:44 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: It actually states that a split of series 7 is more probable. Or perhaps not. Whoever wrote that article made a fairly horrible attempt at getting his point across. Either way, there will be a whole lot of Moffucking going on in the future, and I've been ready for a long damn time.

Ah, he updated it after I posted it. Yeah the article was a bit messy. I just hope there is a proper timeslot, no more fucking about. I assume Moffat's changing the schedule to try and fit the 50th anniversary.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-15 15:06:39

Let's Kill Hitler prequel. Still no airdate confirmed for the UK but its likely to be 27th August, as it is in America. If the USA get the episode first I will be really pissed off - no offence to American Who fans, but its only fair as its a British show.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-16 07:42:56

UK airdate confirmed, its 27th August.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-16 11:20:53

At 8/15/11 03:06 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Let's Kill Hitler prequel.

Eh, kinda lame.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-17 09:56:25

At 8/16/11 07:42 AM, dogpup4 wrote: UK airdate confirmed, its 27th August.

7:10PM.

Much better start time than usual. I would expect higher overnights than the first half the season, since most of that aired very early.

Although, without quality programming like Don't Scare The Hare leading into it, it could struggle.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-18 13:56:05

At 8/17/11 09:56 AM, TheMaster wrote: Although, without quality programming like Don't Scare The Hare leading into it, it could struggle.

What were the BBC thinking when they cancelled it?

By the way, two preview clips from Let's Kill Hitler. Doesn't really show much, except theres a new woman travelling with the Doctor, and robot jellyfish things...
Preview 1
Preview 2

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-21 00:14:27

Here in the US, we don't get Doctor Who confidential - we get some 1-2 minute clips during commercial breaks of parts of Confidential during a show.

I dunno if you guys have had this the past two weeks but my DVR has been teasing me with "Doctor Who" recordings which are "Best of...." which appears to be just snippets from Confidential episodes since the beginning of Matt Smith. Like, they have celebrity interviews through it and they are actively avoiding mentioning Tennant and nothing about anyone else. Goes to show how big of a split Moffet has made with Smith's run that he will pump out specials with names like "Best of the Monsters" or "Best of the Doctor" and only mention a single Doctor for 45 minutes.

Also, Torchwood: I'm continuing to watch Miracle Day. There was a nice Jack past story but it was kind of corny and it was too close to its own reveal at the end of the episode - If they had thrown in clips of the flashbacks through the last few episodes that would have made some sense and made the reveal much more surprising - instead of most of an episode taken up with the flashbacks (only momentarily interrupted by Gwen tazing Jack or driving him to some mysterious people) and then the end of the episode relating back to the flash backs.

The writing for Torchwood feels lazy and uninspired. At one point Davies throws in a line for Jack that is literally "I have a friend. The Doctor. He travels with a companion. I'd like to try that" and then takes a guy along with him for a little swashbuckling.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-21 02:28:43

Music from City of Death.
I believe it's called "Running through Paris". Beautiful, Gershwin-inspired piece by Dudley Simpson, who did a great deal of musical work on the seventies era.

I'm afraid you'll have to speak up.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 10:59:16

At 8/21/11 12:14 AM, Malachy wrote: The writing for Torchwood feels lazy and uninspired. At one point Davies throws in a line for Jack that is literally "I have a friend. The Doctor. He travels with a companion. I'd like to try that" and then takes a guy along with him for a little swashbuckling.

That's terrible. Please tell me you're kidding and/or paraphrasing.

Also, TODAY IS THE DAY!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 12:07:46

At 8/27/11 10:59 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: That's terrible. Please tell me you're kidding and/or paraphrasing.

Nope, that's almost a direct quote.

Also, TODAY IS THE DAY!

Shit snuck up on me. I was thinking today was Friday until about 4PM.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 16:00:13

Well, that was disappointing.

Fuck all Hitler in it, and him and Rory were the only good things in it.

Don't like the look of next week either, it's looking very "Fear Her", and little kids are always irritating.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 16:04:45

At 8/27/11 04:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: Well, that was disappointing.

Fuck all Hitler in it, and him and Rory were the only good things in it.

I don't know, I thought Smith's acting towards the end was very good.

Don't like the look of next week either, it's looking very "Fear Her", and little kids are always irritating.

It could go either way, I think. Who's writing it?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 16:11:19

At 8/27/11 04:04 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: It could go either way, I think. Who's writing it?

Mark Gatiss

...yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 17:29:19

Mind, for all my complaining, I did like how it addressed two continuity issues.

Temporal Grace is officially a clever lie, explaining how sometimes weapons were fired in the TARDIS despite that supposedly being impossible.

River "used up" her regenerations, confirming that they are limited, and not infinite. Whether she used up the last of her 12, or the last of her 507, remains to be seen.

Also, if you want a better Hitler and The Doctor story, read the book in the Timewyrm series in which he appears. It's ridiculously good.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 17:56:15

One of those episodes that seemed brilliant while watching, then thinking about it afterwards makes it crap. Any suspense of the Doctor dying gets thrown out of the window because we already saw it at the start of the series.
2 things:
1) What happened to that snazzy jacket the Doctor was wearing and why was it there in the first place? Unless it's something important like his shoes in Almost People, I dunno.
2) So River poisons him with lipstick (or at least it's implied, correct me if I'm wrong (which is highly likely EL OH EL)). So how does it not kill her?
Also, 'Mels' was the most annoying bitch ever. And this should technically be the last of Kingston!River we see, not sure where they're going to go with River Song after this.

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-27 18:30:00

At 8/27/11 05:56 PM, joza1 wrote: One of those episodes that seemed brilliant while watching, then thinking about it afterwards makes it crap. Any suspense of the Doctor dying gets thrown out of the window because we already saw it at the start of the series.
2 things:
1) What happened to that snazzy jacket the Doctor was wearing and why was it there in the first place? Unless it's something important like his shoes in Almost People, I dunno.

Yeah I agree, I loved it but it seems a bit stupid afterwards. The jacket is a different jacket he wears now - like the tenth Doctor alternated between blue suit and pinstriped suit.

I don't get why we're meeting River at this stage. She and the Doctor are meeting eachother in the wrong order - his future is her past, her future is his past etc. So why has the Doctor met her like this? This is the first time River meets the Doctor, so that means it has to be the last time the Doctor sees River - except it isn't because she's been seen filming later episodes. I'm confused now.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 17:35:09

At 8/27/11 06:30 PM, dogpup4 wrote: The jacket is a different jacket he wears now - like the tenth Doctor alternated between blue suit and pinstriped suit.

The jacket is The Rani.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 19:10:40

Is there a set date for the next season? I've only seen 2012 somewhere, but nothing else as to when the season will air.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 19:16:46

At 8/28/11 07:10 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Is there a set date for the next season? I've only seen 2012 somewhere, but nothing else as to when the season will air.

I can't see them announcing it for a good while yet. The date usually only appears right before it airs.

This series currently airing now was listed as "spring" until about a fortnight before airing. They'll DEFINITELY not give a date until this series is finished.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 19:28:36

Ack. I really need a show to watch, the afternoons are so dull nowadays :<

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 19:38:06

At 8/28/11 07:28 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Ack. I really need a show to watch, the afternoons are so dull nowadays :<

If you've watched all of Who, try some similar shows.

Blake's 7 was written by Terry Nation, creator of the Daleks, who also wrote the majority of their serials, and contains everything that made Nation stories like Genesis of the Daleks great.

If you're willing to go a bit older, try to the Quatermass serials (or at least the first 3, Quatermass IV is average at best). Huge inspiration for Doctor Who. The Jon Pertwee serial The Daemons is basically a remake of Quatermass and The Pit.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 19:47:57

I haven't seen any of the older Doctor Who series. Friends of mine said that there was no real point to watching them. I've seen the ninth doctor and out, should I go back and check out the original doctors, all the way from the first to the eight?

I'm willing to check out older series as well, thanks for the tips :)

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-08-28 20:28:10

At 8/28/11 07:47 PM, Soapbubble wrote: I haven't seen any of the older Doctor Who series. Friends of mine said that there was no real point to watching them. I've seen the ninth doctor and out, should I go back and check out the original doctors, all the way from the first to the eight?

Definitely worth a look, but I'd recommend trying a few of the best serials before watching the entire thing from the start.

Give Genesis of the Daleks, Tomb of the Cybermen and The Caves of Androzani a watch. If you don't like them, you're probably not going to like Classic Who. If you do like them, go back to the very beginning and watch the lot.

Also keep in mind a lot of serials made between 1963 and 1969 are missing, but as the majority of classic Who serials are self contained, you'll be able to follow the plot of the ones that remain without them. Once you hit the 3rd Doctor there is nothing else missing.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 11:47:17

Sounds like the BBC are having real trouble colourising those few Pertwee episodes which only exist in black and white. The upcoming Invasion of the Dinosaurs DVD will have the restored version of episode 1 in black and white, with an alternate colourised version included as an extra.

Hope this doesn't effect the Mind of Evil release. One of my favourite serials, but it's looking like it'll be one of the very last DVDs to be put out.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 15:08:14

Fear Her + a "THE POWER OF LOVE" ending, with a shite child actor for good measure.

Who the fuck keeps giving Mark Gatiss work?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 15:16:59

At 9/3/11 03:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: Fear Her + a "THE POWER OF LOVE" ending, with a shite child actor for good measure.

Which episode is this? Is it like, the power of human ingenuity ending, or a really cheesy ending? I don't like to confuse the two.

Lets Kill Hitler was horribly written =(

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 15:21:45

At 9/3/11 03:16 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Which episode is this? Is it like, the power of human ingenuity ending, or a really cheesy ending? I don't like to confuse the two.

The one that was just on now, Night Terrors. Ended with a dad saving the day by running down some stairs in slow motion to hug his son. Terrible, cringe inducing television. Gatiss pulled the same shit in Victory of the Daleks last year.

Lets Kill Hitler was horribly written =(

Yeah, but not nearly as bad as this week's.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 15:31:00

I thought it had a shaky start, got pretty good in the middle, then took a nosedive at the end. Also, the kid's acting really was terrible.

Next week's episode looks downright silly.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 15:43:48

RTD-level episode. There, I said it. Hyped up, huge disappointment.
Only episode to date where the Confidential afterwards was more fun to watch. Say what you will about Gatiss' writing, his moustache is glorious. The scenes where people are taken are really crappily done, the doll things aren't scary in the slightest, even the lead characters sound bored in places, and next week looks horrible. Finale better be good, I tell you what.
Also, how exactly did Amy and the other guy... un-doll, exactly? And THE PERCEPTION FILTER RETURNETH.

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2011-09-03 17:29:46

At 9/3/11 03:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: Fear Her + a "THE POWER OF LOVE" ending, with a shite child actor for good measure.

But he wrote for Sherlock, right? That was good. I don't get why his episodes for Doctor Who are so bad.

I'm watching Night Terrors now, so I don't know if I hate it, but the Idiot's Lantern was one of the most terrible episodes I've seen...