00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mouse2161 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,323 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-17 16:04:20

i have spent over £1000 on doctor who much, i have everything that you can buy for the new seasons, and they all own, i cant move coz my home is covered in them!

The Inferior Will Burn In The Pits Of Hell

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-17 17:49:03

Planet of Evil was good. Not brilliant, but an above average episode.

At 10/17/07 04:04 PM, Zarrick wrote: i have spent over £1000 on doctor who much, i have everything that you can buy for the new seasons, and they all own, i cant move coz my home is covered in them!

There's hardly much to get from the new series, 3 box sets are about 2 dozen individual DVDs.

Unless you buy the toys and stuff, too.

That actually got me thinking about how much I've spent on my DVDs. They're between £10-20 each for the individual ones, so I'll take an average of £15, £30 from Beginnings and New Beginnings, £55 for Key To Time, and £22 for Davison double pack one which comes to...

£599

Wow.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-18 11:04:49

£599

Wow.

Very spoilt or very well paid job or pocket money or something else?

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-18 12:23:02

At 10/18/07 11:04 AM, Sidorio wrote: Very spoilt or very well paid job or pocket money or something else?

£50 a month, and it's pretty much all I buy.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-20 01:24:56

At 10/12/07 01:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: I read it on Outpost Gallifrey. They post a lot of rumours, though, so don't take everything there as fact.

Well thanks for the hyperlink.

At 10/17/07 03:15 PM, Sidorio wrote: Bump.

Hey, so it's not OK when I double-posted, but it's OK when TheMaster does, and when you pointlessly bump the topic?

Also, the fact comedians are being hired to do roles is somewhat annoying. The only good one I remember is Simon Pegg. Guess the person playing a Sonataran might be better.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-20 06:29:35

At 10/20/07 01:24 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Hey, so it's not OK when I double-posted, but it's OK when TheMaster does, and when you pointlessly bump the topic?

Exactly.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-20 11:22:05

At 10/20/07 06:29 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/20/07 01:24 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Hey, so it's not OK when I double-posted, but it's OK when TheMaster does, and when you pointlessly bump the topic?
Exactly.

That is just piss.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-22 07:08:06

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-22 12:52:34

I love doctor who! I'm in Britain and it's been on for 46 years, not 3 =p
probably been mentioned before, but I can't be bothered to look through a million posts.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-24 06:56:35

At 10/22/07 07:08 AM, TheMaster wrote: Fifth Doctor confirmed.

It's good to see that Steve Moffat will be writing, since it'll need somebody competent.

At 10/17/07 03:15 PM, Sidorio wrote: Bump.
Hey, so it's not OK when I double-posted, but it's OK when TheMaster does, and when you pointlessly bump the topic?

Bump.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-24 07:47:00

At 10/24/07 06:56 AM, Sidorio wrote:
At 10/22/07 07:08 AM, TheMaster wrote: Fifth Doctor confirmed.
It's good to see that Steve Moffat will be writing, since it'll need somebody competent.

Aye, he's a good writer. Empty Child/Doctor Dances is still probably the best episode in the revival, and Blink is definitely above average. He did that Jekyll that was on recently, which was good, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-24 14:42:21

At 10/24/07 06:56 AM, Sidorio wrote: Bump.

Seriously, stop it before I call a modder over. The "bump" is not really funny anymore. I shall not be posting until next week, maybe this Sunday, but I doubt it.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-25 14:13:31

Davros box set is a bit steep, isn't it?

Cheapest I've found it in the shops is £83, you could probably buy all the stuff in it separately for less than that.

I'll have to grab it online instead.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-25 16:39:12

At 10/25/07 02:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: Davros box set is a bit steep, isn't it?

Cheapest I've found it in the shops is £83,

Ah just think that in a decades time we can spend that much in dollars (Or whatever the hell Chinese people use for money) on such 21st centuary classics as love and monsters,Daleks in manhatten, the ingenius masterpiece that was the ending of last of the time lords. And of the course the limited edition Cathrine tate christmas special with collectible mouthy bride doll shouting "space spider am i bothered?"

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-28 14:26:54

PRIMEVAL NEWS:
The Velociraptor is not CGI, or at least not in the picture I saw.
A picture of the model (as well as Douglas Henshall and some fans).
The Smilodon has been confirmed an appearance, rampaging through Thorpe Park. If you want an episode catch-up, then go here.
Please note Episode 7 lacks detail, and is little more than a stub.
Also, we've got rumours of a Sand Monster, but this report isn't official, so don't rely 100%.
If you missed the finale, check out what damage was caused here.
Also, the future predator will return, along with two new creatures.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-28 19:42:18

At 10/28/07 02:26 PM, nemesis646 wrote: PRIMEVAL NEWS:

Since when did we start caring about shameless shit attempts by ITV to get rich off of others sucess by stealing idea's for shows?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-30 16:21:45

Yay Doctor Who rocks!
Got lost of DVD'S =]
David Tennant be thy best!

As Easy As 3.141592654

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-30 16:51:18

Just finished watching The Space Museum, a Hartnell episode. It was alright, but it was a bit odd to see The Doctor and his companions solve their problems by shooting people, rather than ridiculous obscure plans like it's been ever since Pertwee's day. It had loads of inaccurate science in it too, which is always funny. Basically, these mental alien blokes, who look just like humans but have silly hairstyles, want to make The Doctor, Vikki, Barbara and Ian into museum exhibits, and these freedom fighters, who are all younger than 18, help them escape by shooting all the alien blokes. Nice and straight forward episode, but a decent watch.

At 10/30/07 04:21 PM, AlphonseBeta wrote: David Tennant be thy best!

I strongly disagree. I'd rank him about 5th or 6th, behind Tom Baker, Pertwee, Troughton, Hartnell, on par with Davison and Eccleston, and better than Colin Baker, McCoy and McGann

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-30 16:55:25

At 10/30/07 04:21 PM, AlphonseBeta wrote: David Tennant be thy best!
I strongly disagree. I'd rank him about 5th or 6th, behind Tom Baker, Pertwee, Troughton, Hartnell, on par with Davison and Eccleston, and better than Colin Baker, McCoy and McGann

You have a good point. Havent really seen the old epiosdes as much.

As Easy As 3.141592654

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-30 16:55:42

At 10/30/07 04:51 PM, TheMaster wrote: ...and these freedom fighters, who are all younger than 18, help them escape by shooting all the alien blokes. Nice and straight forward episode, but a decent watch.

At least it wraps it up nicely. I seem to recall that was the ending to the Countrycide Torchwood episode, which kind of ruined what was nearly my favourite episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-30 17:00:55

At 10/30/07 04:55 PM, Sidorio wrote: At least it wraps it up nicely. I seem to recall that was the ending to the Countrycide Torchwood episode, which kind of ruined what was nearly my favourite episode.

Haha, "DON'T WORRY, I HAVE A BULLDOZER". That episode was excellent.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-31 19:17:48

Two new DVDs set to release, The Silurians first, then The Time Meddler. No dates yet. I'm glad they're releasing more Hartnell stuff, as I'm quite into 1950/60s Sci-Fi, and having said Sci-Fi be Doctor Who is just the icing on the cake. It's just such a shame so few Troughton episodes still exist. They need to release The War Games, just because it's a miracle all 10 parts still exist, and because it's Troughton's last episode.

Also, Tennat won Best Actor, and the show won Best Drama at the National Television Awards.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-01 03:44:00

Also, Tennat won Best Actor, and the show won Best Drama at the National Television Awards.

I saw a tiny bit of that. They showed a pretty shit clip of him, but then the other guys looked pretty rubbish too so it was alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-01 16:55:56

Peter Moffatt, the director of The Visitation, The Five Doctors and The Two Doctors, among other episodes, has died.

RIP

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-03 16:04:09

At 10/30/07 05:00 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/30/07 04:55 PM, Sidorio wrote: At least it wraps it up nicely. I seem to recall that was the ending to the Countrycide Torchwood episode, which kind of ruined what was nearly my favourite episode.

Yeah, I speant the whole Contrycide episode thinking tehy were gunna be cool aliens. Bit dissapointed.

As Easy As 3.141592654

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-03 16:23:03

Bought that Lost in Time box set today, the one will at the bits of episode that don't exist in their entirety anymore. Only got it because it was on offer, I wouldn't pay full price for parts of a story.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-03 21:27:43

Image of new series Sontarans.

Almost identical to the old ones, which is always a good thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-04 10:43:40

At 11/3/07 09:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: Image of new series Sontarans.

Almost identical to the old ones, which is always a good thing.

Yea but do they still have that little valve on the back of there necks? that was a bit lame in my opinnion. All they had to do was hit it then there heads would deflate.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-04 10:50:54

I live in England and am an absolute doctor who fan/buff so I am glad you made this crew. I've got David Tennant and Freema Agyemans autograph when I entered a competition. Can't wait for the fourth season including "beep" as the baddy and I also can't wait for the christmas special "Voyage of the damned" which has Kylie Minouge as the assistant if you Americans want some cool information.

Thestickcreator

Doctor who crew

Cinema club

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-11-04 10:54:45

At 11/4/07 10:43 AM, RedGlare wrote: Yea but do they still have that little valve on the back of there necks? that was a bit lame in my opinnion. All they had to do was hit it then there heads would deflate.

That was a bit silly, and I assume they'll remove it, since they'll not want to go with an ending people would be able to predict, just like they removed the Cybermen's vulnerability to gold so they could have The Doctor defeat them in a more inventive way. Their new armour looks good, mind, better than in the old series, but I suppose all effects are going to have improved since then.

Also, they used to melt if they got some sort of acid on them, I forget which.

BBS Signature