00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,127 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 09:04:07

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/331246 and www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/324210 these 2 Doctor Who soundboards haven't got into the Soundboard Collection yet so those that wish too might want to submit them to it (I already have).

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 10:07:32

At 9/1/06 09:04 AM, TheLight6 wrote: www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/331246 and www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/324210 these 2 Doctor Who soundboards haven't got into the Soundboard Collection yet so those that wish too might want to submit them to it (I already have).

Well to be honest they weren't that good and don't really deserve a place in the collection.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 10:15:37

At 9/1/06 10:07 AM, BestManEver wrote:
Well to be honest they weren't that good and don't really deserve a place in the collection.

but they are still soundboards, so they should be filed.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 13:27:12

I just found out about one of Peter Davison's earlier roles. Turns out in the original hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy he was in one episode out of the six.

What was his role, you ask?

He was the dish of the day. He was in an animal suit, lying on a plate, offering parts of himself to be eaten to the main characters. A slightly less flattering role than the Doctor, don't you think?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 13:34:16

Yeah, not what you would expect from somebody who would later star in the most succsesful tv show ever made in britain.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 15:29:59

What do you reckon a better episode to watch tonight is.

William Hartnell in "The Aztecs" or Tom Baker in "City of Death".

I bought both today and can't choose which to watch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 18:19:13

At 9/1/06 03:29 PM, BestManEver wrote: What do you reckon a better episode to watch tonight is.

William Hartnell in "The Aztecs" or Tom Baker in "City of Death".

I bought both today and can't choose which to watch.

why not watch them both? i mean, unless you dont have the time. then i would go with Tom in "City of Death"

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-01 19:02:20

I can't really say about The Aztecs so I say City of Death (look out for John Clesse :)

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-02 06:48:48

At 9/1/06 07:02 PM, TheLight6 wrote: I can't really say about The Aztecs so I say City of Death (look out for John Clesse :)

I thought that was him. The one looking at the TARDIS and thinking it's a piece of modern art.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-02 18:12:08

At 8/31/06 07:04 PM, -TheThing- wrote:
At 8/31/06 01:58 PM, Sp00kyy wrote:
At 8/26/06 05:41 PM, -TheThing- wrote: K9: Sp00kyy
I'm the tin dog....
yes you are.... now fetch me the paper, and kill a couple dalek while your there

Affrimative master!

The Doctor: I've been alone ever since, but not anymore. Don't you see, all we've got is each other.

The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-02 19:04:24

Does anyone else think the old black and white episodes are so much better than any of the others? I've just watched "The Aztecs" and it was brilliant, just like all the other William Hartnell ones i've seen.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-02 22:25:53

Last night "The Impossible Planet" was on so now I'm down to "The Satan Pit", "Love and Monsters" and "Fear Her".

At 9/2/06 07:04 PM, BestManEver wrote: Does anyone else think the old black and white episodes are so much better than any of the others?

Unfortunally I havn'tseen the black and white episodes so I can't say.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-03 07:00:57

At 9/2/06 10:25 PM, TheLight6 wrote: Last night "The Impossible Planet" was on so now I'm down to "The Satan Pit", "Love and Monsters" and "Fear Her".

The Satan Pit is good, Fear Her is ok, but if Love and Monsters is what I think it is, it's terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-03 09:14:05

At 9/3/06 07:00 AM, BestManEver wrote: The Satan Pit is good, Fear Her is ok, but if Love and Monsters is what I think it is, it's terrible.

Yeah you can kinda guess by the name of the episode title that It's going to suck hard.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-03 17:48:55

Know what I think the new series lacks? The Master. He's so obviously the best villain, especially when Delgado played him, and needs to be brought back. Russell T. Davies has even said that if he could get a good enough writer to write a story he would consider bringing him back. He's definately my favorite Doctor Who character and could easily save the new series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-03 18:17:32

At 9/3/06 05:48 PM, BestManEver wrote: Know what I think the new series lacks? The Master. He's so obviously the best villain, especially when Delgado played him, and needs to be brought back. Russell T. Davies has even said that if he could get a good enough writer to write a story he would consider bringing him back. He's definately my favorite Doctor Who character and could easily save the new series.

I reckon he's going to be in the next series. I mean, if you look at what they've been doing - Daleks, followed by Cybermen, followed by Daleks and Cybermen - it's pretty obvious that they just keep trying to go one better than the last time around. Seeing as the Master is the only "main" villan that hasn't shown up yet, I'm willing to bet they'll bring him back in the third series. And failing that it'll be Davros. I'd put money on it.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-03 18:28:14

At 9/3/06 06:17 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: I reckon he's going to be in the next series. I mean, if you look at what they've been doing - Daleks, followed by Cybermen, followed by Daleks and Cybermen - it's pretty obvious that they just keep trying to go one better than the last time around. Seeing as the Master is the only "main" villan that hasn't shown up yet, I'm willing to bet they'll bring him back in the third series. And failing that it'll be Davros. I'd put money on it.

It had better be The Master, Davros has been shit since Genesis of the Daleks. Mind, they could fuck them up, like I feel they did with the Cybermen.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-03 19:41:11

At 9/3/06 06:17 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 9/3/06 05:48 PM, BestManEver wrote:
I reckon he's going to be in the next series. I mean, if you look at what they've been doing - Daleks, followed by Cybermen, followed by Daleks and Cybermen - it's pretty obvious that they just keep trying to go one better than the last time around. Seeing as the Master is the only "main" villan that hasn't shown up yet, I'm willing to bet they'll bring him back in the third series. And failing that it'll be Davros. I'd put money on it.

they might not. he could be to old, or not want to work in TV anymore. but i agree theyll bring him back this new season. to bad i wont be able to enjoy the fun with you guys

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 01:30:21

At 9/3/06 06:17 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: I reckon he's going to be in the next series. I mean, if you look at what they've been doing - Daleks, followed by Cybermen, followed by Daleks and Cybermen - it's pretty obvious that they just keep trying to go one better than the last time around. Seeing as the Master is the only "main" villan that hasn't shown up yet, I'm willing to bet they'll bring him back in the third series. And failing that it'll be Davros. I'd put money on it.

Didn't they acctully killed Davros in the classic series? And The Master was was sucked into the eye of harmony (a black hole) but I fell that wouldn't stop him from coming back, he always comes back. However I heard they were going to bring back the Ice Warriors from the classic series and everyone seems to have forgotten they also brang back Autons/ Nestene Consciousness.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 05:52:42

At 9/3/06 07:41 PM, -TheThing- wrote: they might not. he could be to old, or not want to work in TV anymore. but i agree theyll bring him back this new season. to bad i wont be able to enjoy the fun with you guys

He would be too old, but they'd just get another actor and say he's regenerated, as for Davros, loads of people have played him, the make-up is so heavy you can't tell the differance.

At 9/4/06 01:30 AM, TheLight6 wrote: Didn't they acctully killed Davros in the classic series? And The Master was was sucked into the eye of harmony (a black hole) but I fell that wouldn't stop him from coming back, he always comes back. However I heard they were going to bring back the Ice Warriors from the classic series and everyone seems to have forgotten they also brang back Autons/ Nestene Consciousness.

Even if Davros was killed they could always find a way to bring him back. Just use the old "He used an escape pod" one. The Master would be easy enough to be brought back too. If they're bringing back old enemies I wouldn't mind seeing Yetis and Sea Devils.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 07:24:18

At 9/4/06 05:52 AM, BestManEver wrote:
Even if Davros was killed they could always find a way to bring him back. Just use the old "He used an escape pod" one. The Master would be easy enough to be brought back too.

If memory serves correct, the last time Davros appeared he was heading for his escape pod on some space station type thing as it exploded. So basically he's "dead" until someone decides that yes, he did manage to make it to the pod after all.
The Master used up all his regenerations a while ago... but as the eighth doctor said, the rules never meant much to him.
Most epic title sequence ever.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 10:13:12

At 9/4/06 07:24 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote: The Master used up all his regenerations a while ago... but as the eighth doctor said, the rules never meant much to him.

Yeah ever since he's appeared after the 3rd Doctor he has been looking for ways to prolong his life due to running out of regenerations. So he first extended his life by stealing Nyssa's fathers body in "The Keeper of Traken". Then in "The Five Doctors" he excepted the offer to assist The Doctor in return for a new full set of regenerations (however he never got these). Then near the end of the 5th Doctor in "Planet of Fire" he was using the regenerative gases from the volcano to restore his body after being shrunk while modifiying his own weapon but if I can remember correctly he also planned to use it prolong his life. In "Survival" he was using the power from the cheetah planet. Then in the movie he was put on trial and killed by the Daleks (reference to "The Five Doctors" it is said he will find justice (or something along those lines) elsewhere), but had transfered his conciousness to some sort of jelly creature then to a human where he then tries to steal The Doctor's remaining regenerations then got sucked into a black hole. Socan anyone can think of a way he would escape from a black hole? It's possible that because the consciousness of all dead Time Lords is stored in the Matrix he somehow mulipilated things on the outside of it through other people so that he could get out.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 10:31:52

At 9/4/06 07:24 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote: If memory serves correct, the last time Davros appeared he was heading for his escape pod on some space station type thing as it exploded. So basically he's "dead" until someone decides that yes, he did manage to make it to the pod after all.

Was Davros' last episode Remembrance of the Daleks? Or did he apear after that?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 11:43:36

At 9/4/06 10:31 AM, BestManEver wrote:
At 9/4/06 07:24 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote: If memory serves correct, the last time Davros appeared he was heading for his escape pod on some space station type thing as it exploded. So basically he's "dead" until someone decides that yes, he did manage to make it to the pod after all.

I think he would have, just because he was a big character that everybody remembers so they might bring him back. I thought he was in the 'genisis arc' at the end of season two.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 14:51:15

At 9/4/06 10:13 AM, TheLight6 wrote: Socan anyone can think of a way he would escape from a black hole?

Apparently this isn't the first time it's happened to him. In his backstory he was imprisoned in a black hole or something, but escaped, losing all but one of his regenerations in the process. I think that was what turned him evil.

At 9/4/06 10:31 AM, BestManEver wrote: Was Davros' last episode Remembrance of the Daleks?

Think so, I don't remember any more recent Dalek episodes outside of the new series.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 15:08:50

At 9/4/06 02:51 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 9/4/06 10:31 AM, BestManEver wrote: Was Davros' last episode Remembrance of the Daleks?
Think so, I don't remember any more recent Dalek episodes outside of the new series.

Thought so. Where at the end the daleks are all "Emporer Dalek is leaving bridge", "Emporer Dalek is heading for escape pod", "Emporer Dalek has boarded escape pod".

And then the ship explodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 15:10:11

Thought so. Where at the end the daleks are all "Emporer Dalek is leaving bridge", "Emporer Dalek is heading for escape pod", "Emporer Dalek has boarded escape pod".

So yeah, he could escape. But I think the new series has done enough with Daleks. They were in season 1 and 2 finalees, they need new finalee villians for the time being.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 15:12:13

At 9/4/06 03:10 PM, Wombat333 wrote:

So yeah, he could escape. But I think the new series has done enough with Daleks. They were in season 1 and 2 finalees, they need new finalee villians for the time being.

Aye, but Davros would be different from the Daleks. They could do another opposing Dalek factions thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 15:14:29

Aye, but Davros would be different from the Daleks. They could do another opposing Dalek factions thing.

Good point. But a lot of people might complain, saying that it's no good having Davros and no daleks.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-09-04 15:17:10

At 9/4/06 03:14 PM, Wombat333 wrote:
Good point. But a lot of people might complain, saying that it's no good having Davros and no daleks.

You could have Daleks too, but focus on Davros.

BBS Signature